Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:17 pm 

From their official facebook page:

Quote:
THE WAR IS OVER… IT IS DONE!
With sadness in our hearts, we hereby inform you that we have decided to pull the plug on Hail of Bullets. The patient had been suffering from illness for a few years already. We thought we had cut out the disease a few years ago, but apparently the tumor was more widespread than we had expected.
There are no immediate plans to resurrect the corpse…
PS: personal messages/questions about this situation will not be answered. This is it, and both you and us will have to deal with that...

Just a couple days ago I was wondering when we'd finally hear some material with Dave on vocals. That was a sound I simply needed to hear in my head, those powerful, crushing riffs with Ingram's voice...but I guess it wasn't meant to happen, d'oh! Obviously some drama is happening behind the scenes...Oh well, at least Ingram has at least 2,000 other projects going right now for me to throw my money at!

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:24 pm 

Definitely the logical thing to do after MvD left the band. He was especially the lyrical and creative driving force behind the band, and in addition the fact that his vocals perfectly complemented that exhausted, trudging, war-torn sound I always thought it was a bit futile to continue without him. Personally I was never much interested in hearing Ingram take over the vocal duties. He has nowhere near as distinctive and raw a voice as Martin and don't think he'd do much to complement the HoB vibe.

A good decision from the remaining guys of HoB.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:09 pm 

Certainly would have been a waste of Dave Ingram's skills, not that his current double bandmate Rogga is any better at riff-writing than Paul Baayens. He's probably next on the list of famous death metal singers to be hired by Bloodbath, too. I'd really like to hear him in something doomy, apocalyptic, dystopian, like Corrupted minus the life-sucking track lengths...

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

NTT
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:02 pm 

That's a bummer. Big HoB fan and I was morbidly curious what direction they were gonna go with Ingram. It was funny to watch the trajectory of their FB page go from firing MvD, hyping up Dave and now...nothing. I'd love to know what the actual reason was.

MyrVarg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:05 pm 

It was fun while it lasted. I'll have to listen to ...Of Frost and War today.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:47 pm 

NTT wrote:
That's a bummer. Big HoB fan and I was morbidly curious what direction they were gonna go with Ingram. It was funny to watch the trajectory of their FB page go from firing MvD, hyping up Dave and now...nothing. I'd love to know what the actual reason was.

If you read between the lines of that statement it sounds like they were still having lineup issues. Regardless I'm not too heartbroken by this. Their last two albums were pretty mediocre.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:55 pm 

Reading between the lines I get "we kicked out MvD because there were issues between him and another guy, but then we figured out MvD wasn't the cause of that, the other guy was the one causing problems", as in "we thought we had cut out the disease" (MvD being the disease) but they cut out the wrong part.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

NTT
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:16 pm 

The proof is in the fact that Martin already has another Asphyx album out and HoB haven't gotten anything together.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:04 pm 

its not that simple i think. MvD does not seem to be the easiest guy to work with too.
I saw part of their show at the eindhoven metal meeting and while ingram will never be my favourite death metal vocalist he does have character and knows how to front.

And if he does join Bloodbath well there is not easy for someone to be worse than Nick right now.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 pm 

tomcat_ha wrote:
And if he does join Bloodbath well there is not easy for someone to be worse than Nick right now.

Saw them at MDF with Nick and was blown away, he was phenomenal both onstage and on the album...personally I think he's the first genuinely good vocalist they've had. Akerfeldt's voice didn't suit the style so much & Tagtgren's got to be the most overrated vocalist ever. People say he's "brutal" but to me he sounds weak & pathetic, like a kid trying to growl...metalcore-ish, almost. No idea why they hired either person, when they already had Dan fucking Swano in the band :lol:.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 am 

Didn't Swanö stop or at least drastically reduce harsh vocals in live shows to preserve his voice a while ago?

As for HoB, bit of a bummer, but then again if they felt this way it's best for everyone to just let it go rather than force it. Not a bad run.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:19 am 

It kind of sucks to see them break up, but at least we won't see them take a turn for the worse.

As much as I love Dave Ingram's voice, and I'm sure it would've fit the band, but there is always a small possibility of things not working out the way you hope when you change a vital member like with Van Drunen. So in that regard they stopped at their peak.

josantyago
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:33 pm 

I hope this makes Ed Warby get in touch with the other guys and reform Gorefest

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:06 am 

That's sad.
Will someone please think of the children...?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:21 pm 

That's a shame but I figured it was already on it's way out. I don't think i would've enjoyed Dave on vocals as much MvD by any means.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 pm 

josantyago wrote:

apparently during the recordings of the last gorefest album the relationship between both guitarists got pushed beyond the limit so its not in Ed's hands.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 am 

tomcat_ha wrote:
josantyago wrote:

apparently during the recordings of the last gorefest album the relationship between both guitarists got pushed beyond the limit so its not in Ed's hands.

Actually, in a recent interview one of the guitarists, Frank, said it was actually Ed himself had the problems with the other guitarist Boudwijn. I also recall Ed mentioning in some interviews around the beginning of Hail of Bullets that he had written basically the entire "Rise to Ruin" album on his own and he was very upset about it because the other members intentionally didn't credit him for some strange reason. Anyway, somewhere I read that another reunion is unlikely because Boudwijn hates metal now, and Jan-Chris doesn't care about playing music but only the "behind the scenes" aspect, what ever that means.

xxld1k
The Sweetest Summer Child EVER!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:32 pm 

It was nice to see Ingram with HoB at MDF last year but I was really anticipating seeing MvD. Wasn't the same. At least we still have the killer albums.

https://www.last.fm/user/xxld1k

Reply to topic