Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:06 pm 

Hi everyone.
I mostly smoke Marlboro additive free. Quite good I would say.
I sometimes smoke Marlboro Red Soft pack.
What’s your favorite brand and why?

Last edited by ~Guest 375103 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:22 pm 

Delicados Claros.

They're the best blend of Mexican dark and clear (blonde? dunno the proper word) tobaccos. They have an awesome flavour and scent and won't give you a sore throat. Love 'em.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:48 pm 

Man I've smoked so many different types of cigarettes over the years, too many to list. At one point in time I was smoking three packs of Marlboro Reds a day that was bad. More recently, the last year of my life, I smoke American Spirits, light blue box. It's supposedly the lowest CO2 content per cigarette on the market, from what minor research I did seemed to confirm this. They last forever too, my buddy smokes Palmall 100s and mine out last his. Either way I've pretty much quit, I'll have the occasional cigarette or if I'm going to be out at an event I might buy a pack, but that isn't that often. I think I've bought maybe four packs since the beginning of 2017.

I just don't enjoy it like I used to, actually I hate it now. The smell, the feel, all of it. Especially waking up the next day after smoking a whole pack the night before. Blech.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:10 pm 

I've already read somewhere that American Spirits burn slowly, and they are additive free.
Maybe I would try them for a change and my regular Marlboro additive free.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:06 pm 

I quit last summer but back when I did smoke I tried a bunch before I landed on Camel as my preferred brand. Camel Blue specifically (which would always lead to my go-to dad joke, when I'd ask for a pack and (if the person behind the counter was older and around before the new laws), they'd invariably scoff and say "Ugh, those are Camel Lights", which I'd always respond with "You know, that's total bullshit, that can't make any sort of sense and you know it... they weigh exactly the same"). Mostly because they tasted and burned pretty much identically to Marlboros but were always a buck or two cheaper. Never liked menthols so Newport was out pretty much entirely, my brother smoked L&M Reds before he quit and I thought those were only worthwhile for the price since they burned twice as fast as my Camels, had some Pall Malls early on because they were cheaper than Camel but they always made me feel queasy, I tried to avoid Marlboros in general for reasons I don't even really understand myself but I do admit to liking the Special Blend a fair bit. If I was going to spend a bit more money and make myself feel like my terrible habit was slightly less terrible, I'd go for American Spirits, but only the black box. American Spirit Blacks are strong as hell and would give me an insane headrush like I was a rookie smoker even several years into my habit.

I get the urge to buy a pack again every once in a while but I've been good about staying away. Only caved once back in November and it just made me feel sick so I tossed the whole pack after only smoking like three. Hopefully that was the end of it for me.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:09 pm 

The handful of times I smoke cigarettes I go for cloves, which are apparently the stereotypical insufferable-hipster smoke of choice.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:05 pm 

I smoked marlboro reds. Had the most balanced tobacco flavor of the cheap cigs. Not too sweet or herbal, but also not overly bitter.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:13 pm 

I quit about a year ago.

When I did smoke, though, I'd go through phases. I started on Newports (stolen from my mom) and then kept switching between Marlboro Reds and Camels (filtered, Lights, and Turkish Royal), but I settled on Marlboro 27's for a few years. When money got tight in my mid 20s I started getting Pall Malls and Winstons before settling on L&M. I was far from a snob, smoking was mostly something to calm me down or pass the time, and a pretty good excuse to take a break at work.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:17 pm 

When I smoked, I smoked Marlboro Menthol.

I only get the urge to buy a pack on rare occasions when drinking with friends, and I usually smoke 2 or 3 and then donate the rest of the pack to anyone who'll take it.
CircleOfDestruction zine #18|Video-Nasties.net | My Art Site

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:53 pm 

I actually roll cigs myself, using pueblo tobacco, canuma papers, and gizeh slim filters XL (being german. that is). best way if you're a "serious", regular smoker imo. when I buy cigarettes, which is mostly at work, I prefer red marlboros w/o additives, with blue gauloises blondes tying in 2nd.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 am 

Unfiltered Camels when I can afford them. They're about $10 a pack and I'm a college student so that isn't often. Thankfully I smoke infrequently. I've only bought one pack this year.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 am 

Jesus man. RIP your lungs. When I was a kid my buddie's dad smoked those so we'd steal a few every now and again when we ran out of cigarettes. Of course this lead to even dumber things like us thinking we were hard and taking the filters off our Marlboro Reds. Damn we were fucking idiots.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

RichardDeBenthall
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:18 am 

I'm really trying to quit at the minute as I've got Asthma and it always gets on my chest after a week of smoking or so. Doesn't stop me doing it though haha. There's just something about that 5-10 minutes respite you get on a night out or the first cigarette in the morning. Or that festival feeling, lying on your back and puffing away. I think the biggest problem I have with cigarettes is how much I romanticise them in my own head!

Either way my favourite brands for premade cigarretes (or straights as we call them in the UK) are Camel Blues and Marlboro Red. The former for the prog-rock connotations and the latter because of the Americana connotations. That's being honest, I couldn't really give a rats ass about flavour although I do find Camel Blues really smooth to smoke.

Most of the time I smoke roll your owns and my preferred brands are American Spirit, Drum and Cutters Choice. Drum was my go to at Uni as it smelt like BBQ sauce, smoked smoothly and was fairly cheap. Cutters choice is my current brand as its easy to find and fairly good. American Spirit is my favourite but it's really quite rare where I live and quite a lot more expensive. Also it dries out really quickly too.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:02 am 

Rancho halfzware with Kingsgard papers regular choice, but it's become pretty rare. Most of the time now it's 80% glycerine/20% water/18mg nicotine base liquid without aroma.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 am 

Rollies are where it's at. I smoke on site but not at home.. missus hates it and I don't really miss them when I'm on my week off. Winny blues in a pinch. Champion ruby and white ox for the rollies- I certainly still enjoy smoking, there's no doubt about that. The former is just a nice, honest bit of tobaccy. Works great post-surf. White Ox has a reputation for rough as prison smokes but I reckon they're great. Almost cigar like, just deep and rich dark tobacco. Quite lovely, but rough as if it's old and dry.

At some point I feel like I should just quit entirely but I only smoke maybe 6 a day up north and then every other week when I'm home I don't smoke any at all. Gotta die of something, it's certainly not the only unhealthy habit I've got.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 am 

back when I smoked regularly, American Spirit Black, Pall Mall Reds, or Marlboro 27s. I like em harsh, lads.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:10 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Most of the time now it's 80% glycerine/20% water/18mg nicotine base liquid without aroma.

Vaping has taken the place of cigarettes for me, as well. I may look like a total douche while doing it, but hey, I'm getting my nic fix out of something that's cheaper and tastes delicious.

darkeningday wrote:

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:18 pm 

When I smoked (I stopped last year), it was additives-free rolling tobacco (local brand), with filters and the thinest paper I could find.
RichardDeBenthall wrote:
Also it dries out really quickly too.

Just put a piece of carot in it, et voila !
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:33 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Jesus man. RIP your lungs.

I only smoke a cigarette every three or four days, so I figure what the hell. That's like smoking a filtered cigarette every day which isn't too bad either. Plus no nasty cigarettes butts, and they look cooler. ;)

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 pm 

Quit about 15 years ago but still bum a Marlboro or camel from time to time.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:28 pm 

conquer__all wrote:
Quit about 15 years ago but still bum a Marlboro or camel from time to time.

Nobody ever really quits. A smoker is a smoker when the chips are down.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:54 pm 

MonumentalBlackArt wrote:
Unfiltered Camels when I can afford them. They're about $10 a pack and I'm a college student so that isn't often. Thankfully I smoke infrequently. I've only bought one pack this year.

Hi. I would like to buy a pack of these at least once.

Last edited by ~Guest 375103 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:16 pm 

Peter Stuyvesant classic blues for me. Rich, tasty blend that smokes well. Only smoke four to five a day at work, and less at home, but when I'm drinking that gets out of hand. Terrible habit, everyone knows, but I love 'em.

Couldn't find these anywhere in Anaheim CA, when I was there last year, so ended up getting Camel blue. They were alright. So damn cheap in the States! Pack of 20's is like what $8 US? Paying about $22 AU for a pack of 20's.

My collection

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:31 am 

Haven't had a cigarette all year so far, which is great, but when I did smoke I just bought the absolute cheapest. Whether £6 or £12 a pack they all taste terrible, just varying degrees of terrible, so not worth paying double the price of pall malls or chesterfields. Do quite like Marlboro lights though, get them if im going through the duty free, 10 packs for £40

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:13 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Nobody ever really quits. A smoker is a smoker when the chips are down.

Smokers are demonised too much anyway. We're good, friendly, fun-loving people.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:26 pm 

Looks like a fun guy to pal around with, drone, whoever that is. Submarine fun times! Incidentally, I don't keep up with world events.

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:16 pm 

Back when I smoked, I gravitated toward Camels (excellent flavor) and eventually Marlboro Reds (shrug...not sure why). I started out with menthols but dropped them when I realized they made me feel like shit after the head rush wore off. Nowadays, I'm an avid Blu user. Probably too avid, to be honest, but I can stupidly rationalize it by observing that I'm not coughing up black shit for ten minutes every morning.

zetsubougirl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:28 am 

I've always liked menthols. Tried Newports, L&M, Camel Crush, and Pall Mall, but my favorite have been Marlboro Black.

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:48 pm 

I currently buy my cigarettes in Switzerland and here you can't find Marlboro Black.
I think these Marlboro Black are available in the United States and Japan only.
I like Marlboro additive free and sometimes Marlboro Red Soft Pack.

Last edited by ~Guest 375103 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:54 pm 

Matyu wrote:
MonumentalBlackArt wrote:

Hi. I would like to buy a pack of these at least once.

Hey I just saw this post. I dunno if it's what you were asking, but I'd be happy to mail you a pack if you paid for them. They'd be super expensive for just a single pack of cigarettes, so I'm not sure it would be worth it for you. It would be about $23 including shipping. If you're interested, feel free to PM me.

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:24 am 

Hi! Thank you; I'll think about it but maybe it's not worth it. Maybe I'll try unfiltered Camels one of these days…

EvaGrin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:33 pm 

want to quit. I started to attend gym 3 times per week and it's hard to combine sport and cigarettes
I used to smoke Marlboro since I was 20

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:35 am 

Anyone here planning on getting lung cancer?

EvaGrin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:24 am 

nope.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:08 pm 

Everybody's gotta go some time, might as well look cool as fuck doing it.

darkeningday wrote:

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:13 pm 

Yeah when I started I heard that a lot since I've had the same group of friends since I was 12 and to date I'm still the only one who ever took up a smoking habit, so they all tried telling me how bad it was and yak yak yak. Yeah, I get it, I know it's bad for reasons x, y, and z, but I didn't start smoking because I thought it was a good idea. I was dumb to start but I'm not so dumb as to think it's harmless or something.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:15 pm 

I am currently testing Marlboro Gold (light). Switched from Red to Gold. Not so bad cigarettes.

Last edited by ~Guest 375103 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NuclearCreation91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:54 pm 

Number 7 Red Regulars. Trying to quit, not that successful.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:30 pm 

Only ones I pay for is Belmont but I'll smoke any brand mostly.

Last.fm

Need4Power
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:52 am 

American Spirits for me. I am a social smoker though. I only smoke a couple cigarettes a month.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next