Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CradleOfBurzum
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:08 pm 

This is a thread where people can ask if anyone knows what is the latest updates regarding bands that haven't been heard of for a while now in hopes that someone may have some information on what the latest developments are for that band.

I'll start it off with Nortt. Dude hasn't released anything since 2007, yet the band is still listed as "active" on the site. Where the hell is this dude? He was putting out material fairly consistently, but now nothing has been heard from him in almost 10 years now. Anyone know the latest on Nortt?

hots_towel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:40 am 

I still want to know what the hell is going on with Dream evil. I don't necessarily want them to make another album. I just want them to hopefully play a show near me.

simonitro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:59 am 

Whatever the hell happened to Savatage? They were on top of the world but once we entered 2001, the band decided to kinda stop! It's really odd.

I agree with hots_towel... Dream Evil hasn't done anything since 2010.

fenrir0wulf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:06 am 

simonitro wrote:
Whatever the hell happened to Savatage? They were on top of the world but once we entered 2001, the band decided to kinda stop! It's really odd.

From Google Music's Savatage page:
"After Criss' death in 1993, Jon decided to continue Savatage in memory of his brother. The band released four more studio albums, and went through several line-up changes before going on hiatus in 2002. During the years — partly even before the hiatus — members founded various new bands such as Jon Oliva's Pain, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Circle II Circle and Doctor Butcher. On August 2, 2014, Savatage announced that they were reuniting for Wacken Open Air in 2015; although the band has not performed any live shows since then, they are still active."

For Dream Evil:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerMetal/com ... ream_evil/
http://i.imgur.com/ZnAKfyg.png

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:08 am 

A glance at CradleOfBurzum's sig reveals the real question... where the hell is Serpentrances? Mutatiis has gone completely radio silent...

CradleOfBurzum
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:25 am 

PurpleDoom wrote:
A glance at CradleOfBurzum's sig reveals the real question... where the hell is Serpentrances? Mutatiis has gone completely radio silent...

Serpentrances? What's that? But, yes, Elysian Blaze was going to be my second band that I brought up for this thread. Mutatiis released Blood Geometry in 2012, then announced he was working on the follow up to that album in 2013 on his Facebook page and not a single peep from him ever since then. He could be dead for all we know. Now, it took 6 years of work for Blood Geometry to be finally released, so we know Mutatiis is a perfectionist and is probably (hopefully) taking his sweet time with the follow up album and just staying quiet until he has big news to share.

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:49 am 

Serpentrances was ostensibly the name of the album he's supposedly working on. I remember seeing the statement where he mentioned that, but as it doesn't seem to be on Facebook it's a bit of a mystery as to when and where that announcement occurred. Pretty sure there's an old thread here we could dig up with that in it...

EDIT: Found it. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95412

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:20 am 

Darkwoods My Betrothed? Musta Surma? Flauros?

Well, I kind of know the answer already: those bands are done. Still hoping for a glorious return of Barathrum.

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:38 am 

simonitro wrote:

That's the trouble with supergroups. When you've got a bunch of heavyweight musicians who are busy with their regular bands, it's hard to even get them in the same room. Although DE certainly isn't a supergroup any more (if it ever was).

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:51 am 

Remembrance hasn´t released anything since 2010. I hope that they are still active. Any news?

Evilfeast, though he released a new song back in 2015 so I hope he wil release his new opus soon. 5 years too much!. With those bands you never know if they are active or not.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:30 am 

does anyone know what's going on with aaskereia?
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 am 

What's happening with Wake, Aeon, Goatwhore, Prostitute Disfigurement, Fleshgore, Mammoth Grinder, Gorefest (still doing shitty death n roll?), Decapitated, Daath, Severe Torture or Fukpig? Abramelin reunion tour, say yes? Not metal but any info on Amen/ The Distillers, or the black metal side project Scum?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:21 am 

Has anybody been in contact with Daemon? Or has Limbonic Art been put to rest?

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:50 am 

Asked this before - Verdunkeln, where you at? Have you found a new drummer?

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:20 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
What's happening with Wake, Aeon, Goatwhore, Prostitute Disfigurement, Fleshgore, Mammoth Grinder, Gorefest (still doing shitty death n roll?), Decapitated, Daath, Severe Torture or Fukpig? Abramelin reunion tour, say yes? Not metal but any info on Amen/ The Distillers, or the black metal side project Scum?

Of all of these bands, Goatwhore is in the studio now recording a new album according to their facebook page. Decapitated is touring and still in a legal battle with a record label. No clue about any of the others.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:25 am 

Finntroll, blackguard, turisas, summoning?

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:31 am 

Finntroll should be in good shape; Henri Sorvali's blog was at least last updated in March: http://yersiniafestis.blogspot.com/ Plus he recently finished the new Moonsorrow album, which had to be a pretty intense undertaking.

Summoning apparently already have a new album in the works, can't find the thread announcing it though.

Interested to see what Turisas does given the (warranted) shitty response to their last album.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:32 am 

Was it really shitty? I never listened to it but I loved Battle Metal.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:53 am 

rexxz wrote:
Was it really shitty? I never listened to it but I loved Battle Metal.

Yeah, it was like they tried recreating the playful, experimental sound of Battle Metal (after the intervening two albums were a bit more straightforward folk/symphonic) but with none of that album's frenetic energy, and the whole thing just sounds bloated and lazy.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:19 pm 

I just realized... what's up with Solitude Aeturnus? I listened to "Alone" yesterday and that record is 10 years old now. After Rob left Candlemass, he seems to have disappeared.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:14 pm 

The last two Turisas albums were pretty decent and they are s killer band live. But it's been almost four years since the last cd. I know their still active but no word on new material.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:55 pm 

Yeah, I recall a lot of radio silence on their end in the four years between Varangian Way and Stand Up and Fight, so maybe they just like to keep things quiet during the writing process.

simonitro wrote:

I think Jon Oliva said something like TSO was making them so much money that a Savatage reunion would be a waste of time. Given that the last three Tage albums had steeply diminishing returns (even though I loved them ten years ago) I couldn't see much good coming of a reunion anyway.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:00 pm 

Carpathian Forest? They haven't put out anything in 10 years.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:26 pm 

Dying Fetus? What's up with these guys?

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:39 pm 

Bal-Sagoth is the biggest question mark for me. They've been "active" online in the past few months promoting new merch and re-issues, but it's been a fucking decade since their last album and they just don't seem interesting in letting fans know if there will ever be a new one.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:56 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Bal-Sagoth is the biggest question mark for me. They've been "active" online in the past few months promoting new merch and re-issues, but it's been a fucking decade since their last album and they just don't seem interesting in letting fans know if there will ever be a new one.

Yeah, I respect Byron a lot for his creation, but his whole "The next trilogy is completely planned and will be coming soon...but it might not...but it probably will...but it might not" is annoying. At least we can still look forward to Kull?

DreamOfDarkness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:16 pm 

Any news on Pagan Altar? I've heard some active members here are in loose contact with the band. The recent happenings so far:
Their final(?) album "Never Quite Dead" (what a title...) was apparently recorded completely. But they weren't quite satisfied with the mix and re-entered the studio when Terry got diagnosed with cancer. After the death of Terry Jones about a year later, everything fell silent. Another year later there was a surprising post on facebook stating that they did some rehersals with former Angel Witch drummer Andy Prestridge that seemed to work out well. This happened four months ago, no sign of life or a relase of the final album yet...

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:18 pm 

So is it safe to say that Spiral Architect is gone for good? It's been 17 years since 'A Sceptic's Universe', and for a while I kept hearing that they were planning on doing another album at some point, but I haven't heard a peep about it in years. I almost don't want them to do another album, since it seems unlikely that they could top what they've already done, but I can't help being curious.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:35 pm 

fourrobert13 wrote:
volutetheswarth wrote:

Of all of these bands, Goatwhore is in the studio now recording a new album according to their facebook page. Decapitated is touring and still in a legal battle with a record label. No clue about any of the others.

I assume you mean Wake from Canada? They just released a new album this year:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Wake/Sowing_the_Seeds_of_a_Worthless_Tomorrow/611073

metal_mat
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:41 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:

I would imagine it's solely Byron who has been promoting Bal-Sagoth's re-issues. I've not seen the guys from the band for years, but did bump into one of them in a local pub a year or so ago. From what he said at the time I wouldn't hold your breath for a new release any time soon (if ever), the rest of the band don't even communicate with Byron, and hadn't done so for a long time. I see Byron from time to time in my local supermarket, but I don't even bother speaking to him anymore...just fell out of touch, and he always looks to be on another planet, and was always hard to approach even when we were good friends. Real shame from a personal point of view, I have some fond memories of him being totally mental, could fill quite a few posts relaying stories of his idiocy (I mean that in the best possible way).

They have never really been part of the metal scene in their local city, keeping themselves to themselves (other than the bass player) - I don't even remember them playing a single gig in their home town, so it's no wonder they don't bother letting people know what they're up too!

Apparently Byron had done a runner prior to a gig they were doing in London, 2011 according to records on the internet, and let the rest of the band down, and they'd had to draft n a last-minute vocalist, who then went on to form another band with the other members of Bal-Sagoth (called Kull I think?). This is 'common' knowledge, I guess that'll be their main focus now.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:03 pm 

What's going on with Crystallion? They have a few live clips up from 2014, but there hasn't been anything new posted.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:12 pm 

Maybe ogmetal can tell us how the Divine Eve album is going since the last 46 times I asked him.

Did Demilich say anything about wanting to record new material?

Does anyone know what ever happened to Renato Gallina? Quit music entirely?

Also, are there any more Winter shows planned for the future? So far they only did like three or four festivals, a small tour would be super neat.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:24 pm 

metal_mat wrote:
and he always looks to be on another planet

Now I just have this image of him holding up a pack of crisps and saying "how glorious the celestial gleam upon the majesty of these fire-seared dessicated earthen orbs!" as customers start to give him a wide berth.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:34 pm 

Necrophagist, how the fuck can no one know whats going on with the band? has Muhammed just vanished? surely someone who knows him can say something.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:55 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:
Necrophagist, how the fuck can no one know whats going on with the band? has Muhammed just vanished? surely someone who knows him can say something.

He hasn't vanished, apparently the band had some "issues" with Relapse which held things up, but by now he has simply lost interest in music. I've heard he just got a super high paying job in Germany (he's working for a car company, I can't remember which one though) and simply doesn't give a fuck about Necrophagist anymore and has no intention of ever finishing the third Necrophagist album.

As for me, Desultory! They are notoriously awful about updating fans (roughly one post per year), but the band supposedly wrote a new album in 2014, recorded it in 2015, then played Hellfest...and...that's it. No word, since then...the last album, "Counting Our Scars" was incredible, so I have high hopes for whatever they eventually release!

For awhile I was wondering what the hell happened to Unanimated, but now we finally have an answer, in this interview. Apparently the band is slowly working on another album but has no time table and isn't in any rush to get it released:http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2016/06/29/unanimated-interview/

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:06 pm 

volutetheswarth wrote:

Someone above handled goatwhore and decapitated already, but Mammoth Grinder is no more. Pretty sure one of them is in Power Trip now, but I could be wrong.
fourrobert13 wrote:
Dying Fetus? What's up with these guys?

I'd also like to know about the status of new material from them. I know they headlined the Metal Allegiance tour (I think) over like The Acacia Strain and Jungle Rot earlier this year (scattered a fans ashes in the pit too!)

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 pm 

Paganbasque wrote:
Remembrance hasn´t released anything since 2010. I hope that they are still active. Any news?

Wow, I totally forgot about this band. I have no idea what they're doing now but I would like to see another album.

volutetheswarth wrote:
Gorefest (still doing shitty death n roll?)

Didn't they split up years ago?

fourrobert13 wrote:
Decapitated is touring and still in a legal battle with a record label.

Are they? I had no idea. I kind of liked Blood Mantra so I hope it's not an eternal wait for the next one.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
volutetheswarth wrote:
Gorefest (still doing shitty death n roll?)

Didn't they split up years ago?.

Yeah, since 2009 I think. And weren't their last two albums straight ahead death metal? They only played death n roll in the late 90's.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:02 pm 

Auch wrote:
I assume you mean Wake from Canada? They just released a new album this year:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Wake/Sowing_the_Seeds_of_a_Worthless_Tomorrow/611073

Glad to see these guys still kicking. Their latest album sounds monstrous. Hmm, doesn't bode well for Decapitated and Goatwhore was just for curiosity sake tbh.
Turd Blaster wrote:
Quote:
Mammoth Grinder is no more. Pretty sure one of them is in Power Trip now, but I could be wrong.

Gutted. Underworlds was excellent.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:10 pm 

true_death wrote:
Yeah, since 2009 I think. And weren't their last two albums straight ahead death metal? They only played death n roll in the late 90's.

They were, and they rule, too. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next