Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PengPeng
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm 

Having LOITS albums on heavy rotations for some time now, I come here now asking you if you know other bands playing
music in a style similar to them. While I like all aspects of LOITS music (ranging from their so called Flack N' Roll
(a bit motörized BM) over the somewhat pagan BM like songs to the slow crunching and eerie ones),

I have to say that I'm especially after music in the vein of their more eerie/odd sounding
songs like "Kiri Kaevikust".
. This strange synth melody with spoken word passage that later turns
into some slow trodding song while keeping that odd atmosphere.

Unfortunately I can't find a link of said song's sample for you but maybe some of my
fellow "eastern band" fans know it and know what I'm talking about... (Samekh? Stormm? ;-) )

edit: while not as good as the song I'm mainly talking about, this one is okay, too. So all those
unfam. with LOITS can get a glimpse what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-B8IbZNp6Y

PengPeng
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:27 am 

thought after more than half a year I bump this once ;)

any help?

Malthus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:05 am 

I love Loits, though I've never really found a band that makes music similar to them. You may enjoy Johann Wolfgang Pozoj.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOdKpnwyzSY

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 am 

Unfortunately I don't know of any other bands that sound quite like Loits, especially the song that you mentioned. A band I discovered recently that shares some similarities with Loits is Urt, also from Estonia. They don't have that black 'n' roll sound, but the vocals and some other elements are similar. Sometimes when one of their songs comes up on shuffle my first reaction is "Is this Loits?"

PengPeng
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:15 am 

Thanks to both of you. Will try those bands out later when back from work. regarding Urt - it's not a problem that they don't have that flak'n roll stuff going on as I'm especially after the more "odd" and partly folksy stuff of Loits. Any album in particular I should have a try with?

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:37 pm 

PengPeng wrote:
Thanks to both of you. Will try those bands out later when back from work. regarding Urt - it's not a problem that they don't have that flak'n roll stuff going on as I'm especially after the more "odd" and partly folksy stuff of Loits. Any album in particular I should have a try with?

I only have two of their albums (though I hope to track down the others), their most recent ones (Saatanhark II and III). I think they're both great albums. I get a little more of a Loits feel with Saatanhark II, while Saatanhark III reminds me a lot of Skyforger's "Latvian Riflemen" with a bit of Loits. Lots of energy, great recording quality, very talented band.

Mimogrede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:46 pm 

It's a bit of a longshot, but volbeat sound a bit like the song mentioned in the OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvzeqoMSx5w

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:13 pm 

Hello Pengpeng, sorry for the late reply, we must have missed you a year ago! :) I also am not familiar with LOITS, but when I listen to the link above I cannot help myself but think of early Sear Bliss? Especially the eerie sound you are after enhanced by the keyboard work. I am sure you are familiar with them but if not try this out -

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3aLmkRZVU_E

Ps is it just me or does the clean vocals sound like the guy from Rammstein? The track you posted sounds pretty good grimgirl so I might have to investigate these guys a bit more.

PengPeng
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:25 pm 

Mimogrede wrote:
It's a bit of a longshot, but volbeat sound a bit like the song mentioned in the OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvzeqoMSx5w

errr, yes... a very, very long shot imo but thanks anyway for contributing to my request ;)

STORMM wrote:
Hello Pengpeng, sorry for the late reply, we must have missed you a year ago! :) I also am not familiar with LOITS, but when I listen to the link above I cannot help myself but think of early Sear Bliss? Especially the eerie sound you are after enhanced by the keyboard work. I am sure you are familiar with them but if not try this out -

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3aLmkRZVU_E

Ps is it just me or does the clean vocals sound like the guy from Rammstein? The track you posted sounds pretty good grimgirl so I might have to investigate these guys a bit more.

Hey Stormm, no big deal missing my little post, don't worry ;) I do know Sear Bliss, yes but haven't listened to them for a very long time and will give them a fresh listen now. Perhaps I missed sth in their sound I will only now get to hear.
And sweet that you liked my posted track - Loits is a pretty great band and I think you will like the other material of them, too.

Lembetu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:35 pm 

Maybe Sõjaruun? They are also Estonians...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiqGQm7PhUE

AhtoL
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:46 am 

Tharaphita, Sõjaruun, Sorts, Urt, older Manatark, new Bestia, Surmarõõm, maybe even Tapper. All those bands represent kind of Estonian Black Metal.

sebas4423
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:48 am 

Well, if it's the eerie kind of feel you're going for, perhaps try some of this?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:34 pm 

AhtoL wrote:
Tharaphita, Sõjaruun, Sorts, Urt, older Manatark, new Bestia, Surmarõõm, maybe even Tapper. All those bands represent kind of Estonian Black Metal.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.