Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:48 am 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
The one that springs to mind is a Cloven Hoof performance in Cyprus. Russ North had just joined the band again and has a history of drinking. The band kicked him out and uploaded a video of him "performing" at this gig which consisted of him falling over multiple times and just screaming high falsetto notes at random.

I exchanged some Youtube words with their guitarist and now singer Joe Whelan and he said he was told to put the video up (presumably by Lee Payne) it was only up for a few hours I think and then it was taken down and I can't find it anywhere. The title of the video was actually titled "The fall of Russ" or something like that.

I wanna see!!!!

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:54 am 

Yeah, It's too bad, about 20 people watched it and then it was taken down.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:12 am 

Damn, I wish I saw this.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:35 am 

The mention of Epicardiectomy's ridiculous performance (show mee circle pit, show mee show mee!) brough me to Last Days of Humanity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urRYw3X5DV0

I really like the bassist's "business as usual" style.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:25 pm 

A couple of years ago I read an interview with Mikael Akerfeldt telling about one of his worst live shows ever (if i remember well it was a European (?) festival appearance), apparently opeth's second guitar player couldn't play that night (or dropped out or something like that, not sure...) and Akerfeldt didn't want to cancel the show so he performed without his second guitar player. It seemed that show was full of mistakes because Akerfelt had to fill in the second lead guitar gaps himself last-minute, and he seemed to have fucked up a lot during songs... I was wondering if anyone knows which show exactly this was. I am extremely curious for this; would love to see any live video's of this on Youtube, hehe...

EDIT: okay nvm, found it through the Blabbermouth search option, surprisingly easy, wtf... :D It seems sound issues were the cause of the chaos on stage

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/opeth- ... up-so-far/

hots_towel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm 

since no one has posted it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R9sviIQcOw

anyone who knows anal cunt or seth putnam knows that these guys arent being serious or trying to put on an "iron maiden" quality show. they're clearly just messing around, but its still funny :D

i like the part where the tipper gore soccer mom calls them fascists

~Guest 98561
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:29 am 

hots_towel wrote:
since no one has posted it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R9sviIQcOw

anyone who knows anal cunt or seth putnam knows that these guys arent being serious or trying to put on an "iron maiden" quality show. they're clearly just messing around, but its still funny :D

i like the part where the tipper gore soccer mom calls them fascists

Man, AxCx is fucking great. I love his crappy Baloff impression at 6:40. "It ain't about no goldfish."

ancientorder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:52 am 

AxCx shows are great entertainment for sure. There should be plenty of gigs on youtube that end up after a fight (both physical and verbal) either with audience members or club/stage technics (like that one above).

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:34 am 

Haha I don't wanna search through all so if anybody knows an AC show with a fight I wanna see it

ShadowAurion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:36 am 

Pippin_Took wrote:
Element_man wrote:
I saw Kamelot live at Wacken 2008 and Roy Khan was awful. Listening to the footage now, there's quite a few other fuckups as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKZn2UYvXnY

Damn, this is tough to watch. I saw them in early 2010 in London, and he was pretty good then as far as I remember. That said, it was a small club gig not a huge stadium show: don't know if that'd make any difference. His performance on their live album is brilliant. Thing is though, his voice noticeably deteriorated in some ways through their albums: compare his range on something like Fourth Legacy to the last album they did with him. I liked how the writing shifted to match his failing range, but it's pretty sad. I still don't really know what happened with that guy...

Khan was pretty sick with the flu or something at that gig if I recall. You can see in his face and head movements that he's seriously out of it. He's also apparently a minister/church hand or something in Norway singing songs for the church now. Like, not even kidding. See here: http://vimeo.com/69357919 Funnily enough, he sounds better here than he has in quite a while.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:54 am 

ShadowAurion wrote:
He's also apparently a minister/church hand or something in Norway singing songs for the church now. http://vimeo.com/69357919

How does that make him a "minister/church hand or something"??

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:41 am 

Subrick wrote:
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that famous clip of Venom slopping and sucking their way through Black Metal. Still good to go back to for a laugh every so often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYtVb48fvY0

I saw Krisiun play a mind-blowing set and then totally fuck up 'Black metal', by far the easiest song they play :lol:

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:46 am 

I've heard people say "hard to fuck up a Venom song" before, but it's surprising how easily their songs can be made to just not sound right. it's debatable that Venom can even do it on a regular basis nowadays!

Demontage did thrash through a cover of "Don't Burn the Witch" on stage the other week, but it would have been utterly embarrassing if we hadn't practised it. I think a lot of bands feel they're better than Venom and that they can just half-arse their way through their songs. Nope!
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

PrinceRhaegar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:27 pm 

Opus wrote:
ShadowAurion wrote:
He's also apparently a minister/church hand or something in Norway singing songs for the church now. http://vimeo.com/69357919

How does that make him a "minister/church hand or something"??

Well apparently he also looks like this now too.
Doesn't really prove that he's a minister, but he's definitely singing songs for the church now.
Does anyone know if PetWussy sports a mullet? I just saw a Pakistanni-looking guy with a ... Heavy Metal Parking Lot mullet. I was tempted to kick him to the ground whilst shouting: "THE YEARS OF DECAY RULES, DICKHEAD!"

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:45 am 

I just read an interview with Hansi Kursch, that sometime back in 1992 he joined Sodom to perform a KISS cover... But as I understood the interview he was so drunk that he fall off the stage!

Is there any footage of this? Sounds fucking excellent!

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 am 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:

I saw that, it was hilarious. Still, Russ North drunk as a skunk hitting ridiculous high notes and rolling around on the floor is still better than Cloven Hoof with the X Factor guy.

Rocka_Rollas, that Hansi incident was from 1994, at Sodom's 10th anniversary show. The rest of the video is captured in the Live in Der Zeche Carl video. Unfortunately, however, they cut the drunk Hansi performance for obvious reasons. They also talk about it in the Lords of Depravity documentary.

LefterisK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:50 am 

Septicflesh is the most ridiculous band I have ever seen live and that is because Seth is so full of himself, it's not even funny. He is continuously talking in-between riffs pretending to be god where in fact everything he says is stupid. I wish he would just shut up and play a full riff on bass for a change. He is just trying too much; his vocals are great though. I was at this show and especially the part at 2:15 is so cringe worthy (especially if you're Greek). I heard he was booed at a concert abroad for doing all these stage gimmicks.

Yes it is.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:45 am 

Acrobat wrote:
I_Am_Vengeance wrote:

I saw that, it was hilarious. Still, Russ North drunk as a skunk hitting ridiculous high notes and rolling around on the floor is still better than Cloven Hoof with the X Factor guy.

Rocka_Rollas, that Hansi incident was from 1994, at Sodom's 10th anniversary show. The rest of the video is captured in the Live in Der Zeche Carl video. Unfortunately, however, they cut the drunk Hansi performance for obvious reasons. They also talk about it in the Lords of Depravity documentary.

Ahhh... Too bad :(

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 pm 

The vocalist steals the show :D

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:01 pm 

That dudes nice and wasted.

Last.fm

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:34 pm 

Yeah I remember when Khan left Kamelot there was this big hooplah about him finding god and stuff. Those comments on the vimeo clip are pretty funny, people talking about how Kamelot was going towards "the darkness". Kamelot is pretty poppy and uplifting music, maybe a little melancholy, but pretty inoffensive overall. If finding god makes him happy then good for him, I wish him all the best. I still got Conception to listen to!

That vocalist for Azazel... stage presence through the roof!

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:11 pm 

You can tell he really feels it during the solo. It's almost like he completely knows what's going on.

BURlAL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:59 am 

Alsandair wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84gW_5ZFKE

Technically the overall performance is alright, but any atmosphere/worth this song has is killed by the sunny/sterile stadium environment and then shat on by Maniac and his complete lack of taste or ability. His stage antics are completely idiotic in my opinion, the pig head and random Voldo weapon are not doing anything for me, I just have to roll my eyes. His vocals also suck, no surprise there. A disgrace imo.

I love that performance!

Sure his vocals could have been better but his antics and general disturbed/uneasy look he had the whole time added to the mood imo.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:00 am 

I quite like that Azazel song, catchy stuff!

also I wish I understood Greek ha ha :lol:

Capnkrunk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:51 pm 

schizoid wrote:
Vital Remains is the most unmusical, embarrassing load of shit around... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCJabltBx8

I agree with this. Also, Scott Wily's comments on this video are hilarious. Assuming that is actually him.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:23 am 

Check out this priceless footage of Edge of Sanity performing at what appears to be a youth center or perhaps school talent show in 1990.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:37 am 

true_death wrote:
Check out this priceless footage of Edge of Sanity performing at what appears to be a youth center or perhaps school talent show in 1990.

Spoiler: show

Holy feedback Batman! Good find!

Flem Clone
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:11 am 

The aforementioned Russ North (Cloven Hoof) video is right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arFc5Mun9P0

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:06 pm 

That was fantastic.

Last.fm

Grimbeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:29 pm 

That Azazel video... goddamn I needed that. It's not very often that I come across something so hilarious, bad and awesome all at the same time.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:12 pm 

Capnkrunk wrote:
schizoid wrote:
Vital Remains is the most unmusical, embarrassing load of shit around... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCJabltBx8

I agree with this. Also, Scott Wily's comments on this video are hilarious. Assuming that is actually him.

It probably is, given that starting shit on social media is not a new behavior of his. Fuck both of them, actually; Scott Willey is an awful vocalist and a complete lunatic who spent years making death threats towards one woman, while Brian Werner is one of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet. This band deserves to fail.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:36 pm 

The performance in that VR video wasn't that bad. It's mainly the blown out camera audio and shitty mix that kills it.

THIS is total shit though. I forget who clued me in on this, but apparently Tony chose this dude to drum on this tour without actually having seen him play the stuff before. Tony, you're a cool guy, but that's total clown shoes right there.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:50 pm 

This still wipes the floor with anything found in this thread.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:31 am 

Not metal but hilariously shambolic: The Pogues live in 1988, with Shane MacGowan seemingly having been freshly dragged out the gutter, hosed down and thrown on stage. The fucker clearly has no idea where he even is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOn2geVpVqM

Last edited by chaossphere on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:47 am 

Subrick wrote:
THIS is total shit though. I forget who clued me in on this, but apparently Tony chose this dude to drum on this tour without actually having seen him play the stuff before. Tony, you're a cool guy, but that's total clown shoes right there.

I actually managed to catch Vital on that tour, and I was absolutely blown away by how fucking terrible he was. That video does not even do justice to how truly fucking awful he was that night....about halfway through he flat out forgot how to play "Dechristianize" and just sort of stopped while the rest of the band continued on, and Tony had to turn around onstage and try to queue him back in by showing which riffs he was playing.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:42 am 

Subrick wrote:
The performance in that VR video wasn't that bad. It's mainly the blown out camera audio and shitty mix that kills it.

No, it's the fuck face frontman.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:31 pm 

While we're on the subject of Vital Remains, here's them in Sarajevo a decade ago.

The drummer is Marco from Six Feet Under, and this was back in that death period where he was getting a lot of notice but still wasn't very good, so he SUCKS in this clip. He plays every song way faster than it's supposed to be, and his double bass and blasting suck, so it throws the whole band off and makes for one all around shitty performance.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:08 pm 

chaossphere wrote:
Not metal but hilariously shambolic: The Pogues live in 1988, with Shane MacGowan seemingly having been freshly dragged out the gutter, hosed down and thrown on stage. The fucker clearly has no idea where he even is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4QXbFu9kqA

Recheck that link m8
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:34 pm 

D'oh! Fixed now.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:47 am 

The long pined-for "The Fall of Russ"

Spoiler: show
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next