Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
frozenghost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:42 pm 

also don't forget about Vindsval's projects Vjeshitza and The Eye which is planned in the first quarter of 2014. Btw, I'm afraid that the EP will be very short :/.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:27 pm 

Auch wrote:
It's from Debemur Morti's Facebook page. And it means what it says--MVIII isn't going to be Debemur Morti's 100th release. Instead, Blut Aus Nord wrote an EP to act as the 100th release and celebrate DMP's 10 year anniversary while Vindsval finishes MVIII.

Yeah, exactly. The descriptions could have been more specific from the start, but that's the gist of it. Apparently, three tracks in a style between ""The Work..." and "MoRT.""

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:53 pm 

Yea, here it is from a debemur morti email I recieved:

"Join me for a special double celebration to mark the 100th release and ten-year anniversary of Debemur Morti Productions. The past decade has been an enlightening journey and, on this special commemoration, I offer three exclusive tracks from ground-breaking, trend-defying, awe-inspiring Black Metal pioneers BLUT AUS NORD. Presented in 2x7” and MCD formats (each limited to 500 units), this landmark memorial captures the band at its vintage best, emitting their inimitable strain of swirling, cascading, spectral sonic (dis)harmony. Representing a hearty display of gratitude to those who have supported me down through the years, DMP0100 (which features music specifically written and recorded by BLUT AUS NORD - and is therefore not an actual release of the band) is both a celebration of the past and a glimpse of the future. This one is for you. Enjoy !"

frozenghost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:14 pm 

Debemur MoRTi 2x7" EP is released, does anybody heard it?

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:37 am 

I'm not seeing in anywhere online? Where did you see that it's out?

frozenghost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:31 am 

http://www.debemur-morti.com/en/blut-au ... vinyl.html

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:56 pm 

Debemur Morti EP stream

https://dmp666.bandcamp.com/album/debemur-morti

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:54 am 

Sounds like mort era BAN, which is awesome to me. I am a huge fan of their slower more experimental style

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:03 am 

Uhh, this sounds fucking awesome!! First track reminds me of the MoRt album but the next, Lighteater, definitely sounds more like a cross between The Work...and the recent Sect(s) trilogy.

Both are excellent and I found them to be instantly gratifying. Can never get enough of these guys.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 am 

Repeating all of the above statements basically. They've been doing this shit for so long it could be considered formulaic or stale, but I can't get enough of it. Does have a lot of MoRT which is a cool throwback, but it's got a real momentum to it, swaggering along at a really determined but slow place. Honestly this is probably better than anything on that album, I love this.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:47 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Repeating all of the above statements basically. They've been doing this shit for so long it could be considered formulaic or stale, but I can't get enough of it. Does have a lot of MoRT which is a cool throwback, but it's got a real momentum to it, swaggering along at a really determined but slow place. Honestly this is probably better than anything on that album, I love this.

Yes! This too. The real treat isn't them merely toying with the style of MoRT again, its the fact that its actually brought to perfection. Very engaging, staggering first song...

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:31 pm 

I'm waiting to get my CD copy before I listen to this, but after reading all of your comments, I'm very excited to hear this.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:12 pm 

It's coming! Sound clip here:

http://lastrit.es/articles/863/whats-happening-

SoundsofDecay
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:16 pm 

MazeofTorment wrote:
Maybe my definition of folk is more broad in this sense than yours but I've always thought it sounded very folksy. The melodies, the clean vocals, the subject matter(Fathers of the Icey Age, Heathen Blood of Ours, The Impure Blood of theirs, War, ancient warriors etc) all strike me as evoking something more than just black metal. Perhaps Viking would be a better description, I don't know, but I've always viewed the album as such even though its certainly a black metal record at heart.

I get what you mean, its there in spirit

Bicro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:14 pm 

I'm pumped. #2 got me into BaN, and it is a blazin' album. Keep it comin.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 am 

pbarb wrote:

:nods:

Definitely a departure from their last several releases to something more "light" sounding like MV II. I want this.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:50 am 

yep, keen as hell. always down to see what vindsval will come up with next

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:54 am 

Hoooeeerrmm! Interesting... hard to judge it accurately out of context, but it sounds good so far. Seems like the sort of thing that would make a lot better sense within the body of a whole composition. On first blush the drums sound a little soft AND THAT BETTER NOT BE A FUCKING REAL DRUMMER GODDAMNIT but hooray, more Blut Aus Nord!

Just grabbed Triunity, didn't even realize that existed yet until just now :). Definitely looking forward to exploring it, will be rad to hear new P.H.O.B.O.S. as well. These days I feel like my brain is way too distracted for music as grandiose/dense as BAN, though, it sucks. I SUCK.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:48 am 

^^^ If I'm not mistaken, BAN used real drums on truinity and they sounds refreshingly awesome in my opinion

The_Orator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:42 pm 

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/blut-aus-nord-streaming-new-album-preview/

Preview track has been posted. This one's got real drums. Lots of cleans. Sounds like it might be a mix between MVI, MVII, and Cosmosophy. I'm a huge BAN fan so this is great news. I love every album, split, and side project, so I'm looking forward to this one a lot. I often go back and forth between the several styles of BAN (the unhinged dissonant industrial, the monotonous jarring black metal, the icy beginnings, and the cosmic conclusions), and MVII was a pretty good mix of everything, obviously leaning in a more melodic style such as it's predecessor and the Children of Maani EP. Looks like this'll be much of the same, but with a significant amount more cosmic transcendentalism a la Cosmosophy.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:32 pm 

The_Orator wrote:

Preview track has been posted. This one's got real drums. Lots of cleans. Sounds like it might be a mix between MVI, MVII, and Cosmosophy. I'm a huge BAN fan so this is great news. I love every album, split, and side project, so I'm looking forward to this one a lot. I often go back and forth between the several styles of BAN (the unhinged dissonant industrial, the monotonous jarring black metal, the icy beginnings, and the cosmic conclusions), and MVII was a pretty good mix of everything, obviously leaning in a more melodic style such as it's predecessor and the Children of Maani EP. Looks like this'll be much of the same, but with a significant amount more cosmic transcendentalism a la Cosmosophy.

That sample was just posted a couple of posts above. :ugh:

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 am 

The_Orator wrote:

Well put, but what is the Children of Maano ep?

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:11 pm 

^ Maani. Children of Maani. It's good. Find it. .. Unless you mean this is a sequel to Maanos Hands of Fate.

Fuck, man. I cannot even see how much I love the Memoria Vetusta series, it's so huge. It's .. um .. yeah. I'm going to put a play deck and headphones in my gravestone so that anyone who visits my remains can listen to it after I can't anymore.

Under_Starmere wrote:
I SUCK.

Lies. Horrible-tasting sinus-infected lies.

LefterisK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:02 am 

Memoria Vetusta - Saturnian Poetry

Artwork by Necrolord. Quite reminiscent of In the Nightside Eclipse in a way. I like it a lot and I think it fits with the other two parts of the trilogy.

Spoiler: show

Yes it is.

Last edited by LefterisK on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghost223
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:02 am 

pbarb wrote:
The_Orator wrote:

Well put, but what is the Children of Maano ep?

Here's a track from it.

Headless420
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:04 pm 

Word on the web is that this will be out 10/10 from Debemur Morti

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:29 pm 

Re: the artwork: It's a cool piece for sure, but it doesn't exactly give me a Memoria Vetusta vibe. A little too soft in a way. Not feeling it as supremely as I would hope.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:33 am 

LefterisK wrote:
Memoria Vetusta - Saturnian Poetry

Artwork by Necrolord. Quite reminiscent of In the Nightside Eclipse in a way. I like it a lot and I think it fits with the other two parts of the trilogy.

A truly beautiful cover!!! lets hope that the music is so good too.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:20 pm 

I don't really see the ITNE in the cover. Entirely different palette; more fall than icy winter and no castle etc. It's just a Necrolord landscape.

That being said that cover is awe-inspiring and the excerpt is unreal. Very excited about the clean vocals and the production sounds ace as well. Clean but not sterile at all; very organic. The Memoria Vetusta series is pretty much peerless in terms of atmosphere (except Ultima Thulee of course) and I fully expect this to be my album of the year.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:32 pm 

That cover is not what I expected but great nonetheless. It truly amazes me how many forms this band has, from black hole industrial, to the newer progressive stuff, to the epic almost fantasy inspired MV albums. It's like 3 different bands

LefterisK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:50 pm 

Some more information taken from Debemur Morti's facebook page:

Quote:
The most influential Black Metal band of the last decade is finally back, two years after the last full length album, "Cosmosophy", the monumental conclusion of the unforgettable "777" trilogy.

This time, far from its filthy industrial realm, the enigmatic entity offers nothing less than one of the finest melodic, epic and grandiose Black Metal album ever !

The stunning cover art was painted by famous Artist Kristian "Necrolord" Wåhlin (EMPEROR, BATHORY, DARK FUNERAL, DISSECTION...) and can be seen below.

The layout was conceived by Dehn Sora (known for his work for NEUROSIS, ULVER..).

The track listing is as follows :

01. Prelude
02. Paien
03. Tellus Mater
04. Forhist
05. Henosis
06. Metaphor of the Moon
07. Clarissima Mundi Lumina

"Memoria Vetusta III – Saturnian Poetry" is a magnificent pagan symphony of guitars, the quintessential expression of Majestic Black Metal !

This new imperial creation has been scheduled for an October 10th release and will be available in sumptuous Digipack CD, Gatefold 12" LP and digital download version.

There will be exclusive extras for those who order from us.

When I said it reminded me the In the Nightside Eclipse cover I meant in terms of style and technical execution rather than its concept, sorry I did not point that out from the beginning. And as the posts indicates it was the same artist indeed. I hope the album will be up to the expectations and that it can stand near its legendary predecessors. Two months of wait and we will see.

Yes it is.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:51 pm 

A magnificent pagan symphony of guitars? I think my pants are tightening...

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:34 pm 

In my experience, albums that leave any kind of lasting impact typically take several listens to comprehend/grow on me, but both Memoria Vetusta installments left me utterly dumbfounded during the first experience--a feeling that's yet to fade after the hundedth. Needless to say, I'll be sorely disappointed if this is anything less than great.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:48 pm 

Just curious, what is it with Vindsval and people that are turning into trees? This and the cosmophy album both had twisted "tree people" in the album artwork? Probably never know and it doesn't really matter cause the music is just so good

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:40 am 

pbarb wrote:
Just curious, what is it with Vindsval and people that are turning into trees? This and the cosmophy album both had twisted "tree people" in the album artwork? Probably never know and it doesn't really matter cause the music is just so good

maybe he just likes ents

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:56 am 

joppek wrote:
pbarb wrote:

maybe he just likes ents

He fantasizes about having sex with dryads.

The artwork by the way suggests something more along the lines of MVI than MVII.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:57 am 

Wilytank wrote:
The artwork by the way suggests something more along the lines of MVI than MVII.

Perhaps, but the sample sounded much more like MVII.

bug_man
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:16 am 

lots of blut aus nord material is shitty but that sounds alright. vocals aren't very good though

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:40 pm 

LefterisK wrote:
Artwork by Necrolord. Quite reminiscent of In the Nightside Eclipse in a way.

LefterisK wrote:
Some more information taken from Debemur Morti's facebook page:

Thanks!

I did notice the final (?) cover at album's page:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Blut_aus_Nord/Memoria_Vetusta_III_-_Saturnian_Poetry/449611

I like it!

SoundsofDecay
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:46 pm 

I still don't like the album title, but I expect it to be really good

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next