Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metallic Shock
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:46 pm 

Hey should I post this really long interview I did with Dan Swano on the promotional forum or metal discussion? It was conducted by me and one of my friends from The Range Place (which is a forum I administrate), but I'm not sure if that makes it qualify as promotion. I just messaged Dan and out of the blue he seemed cool with doing the interview over skype.

Clowndoe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:11 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Fuck hangovers, man. Easiest way to ruin a weekend. fml

I know a guy who swears by bacon sandwiches the morning after, and based on a single trial I'd be inclined to confirm. Seriously, felt mostly great about an hour later. Of course, none of that matters, since who the hell has the patience to watch bacon sizzle when your stomach is taking walks up and down your rib-cage?

For a real "FML", try missing a concert after ending up slightly more hospitalized than you expected to be hours before.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:22 pm 

You know how you stop hangovers? well hydrate yourself prior to going to bed. That's what causes your head to ache, it's dehydrated. so if You drink like 3-4 bottles of water before bed you'll be fine. I also pop a few aspirin. I've only had one hangover in my life and I've done that ever since.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:20 pm 

More Alcohol.

Last.fm

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:32 pm 

For me the worst parts of hangovers are rarely related to the actual alcohol. I always feel like crap the day after a night of drinking a shitload of sugary girly drinks, like margaritas, and the day after drinking lots of really malty, rich beer always leaves me extremely gassy. I rarely feel any day-after ill effects from hard liquor.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

burnroasted
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:56 pm 

Why is everyone at metal concerts dressed the same?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:16 pm 

Home alone for seven days. Drop by. Bring beer.

Peace.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:52 pm 

burnroasted wrote:
Why is everyone at metal concerts dressed the same?

Why does everyone at law firms, banks, hedge funds, private equity firms and Congress dress the same?

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:53 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
Home alone for seven days. Drop by. Bring beer.

Peace.

...and a fleshlight.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:06 pm 

Sure, we can share.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm 

Ah, the double ended fleshlight. An excellent choice.
Hehe, foreskins.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:15 pm 

Crick, you'll need to cut a third hole in the side of it. DP'ing a fleshlight isn't really my thing.

Last edited by ~Guest 98976 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:16 pm 

I'm glad you're able to admit that neither of you will be able to meet in the middle.
Hehe, foreskins.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:29 pm 

I imagine it's quite the advanced triple manoeuvre. Let's hope we'll have that certain je ne sais quoi to make it work for all of us.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:43 pm 

So, I'm about to undertake the very large project of remastering all of the album art in my collection that I've uploaded so far. I like fudging with colors and sharpness and stuff, being a designer and all, so this should be fun.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:02 am 

Haven't ingested alcohol for over two years crew checking in.

Feels good, mane. :nods:
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:35 am 

I don't understand why you guys bother with fleshlights when you have each other.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Crick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:42 am 

Diamhea wrote:

Oh boy, you haven't had a component of certain beverages.

Ingested alcohol every month yet somehow never been drunk crew checking in. Feels... Normal?
Hehe, foreskins.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:34 am 

This was very surprising to me. I had no idea one had to 'come out' as an atheist, and that it could lead to being ostracised too. Am I talking about Pakistan? Saudi Arabia? Vatican City? Yes.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28616115

It seems silly making it seem as though 'coming out' as an atheist is akin to coming out as a homosexual, but then what the hell do I know? Apparently 'coming out' as a vegan is difficult and traumatizing too. At this rate it will become regular conversation at bars and crap - "All right guys, listen there's something you need to know. I need to come out... I'm just sick of lying y'know? Guys, I'm uncut. That's right dammit - I've never been circumcised before, not even once! Will you guys still accept me for who I truly am?"

Clowndoe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:40 am 

inhumanist wrote:
I don't understand why you guys bother with fleshlights when you have each other.

Ew, that would be gay.

Yes, I am aware of the post above mine.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:39 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
For me the worst parts of hangovers are rarely related to the actual alcohol. I always feel like crap the day after a night of drinking a shitload of sugary girly drinks, like margaritas, and the day after drinking lots of really malty, rich beer always leaves me extremely gassy. I rarely feel any day-after ill effects from hard liquor.

Same here, I'm not allowed to drink bud light or coors anymore because of what sounds it makes my lower intestine make the next day.. Finally figured out why they call it the "silver bullet".
Vodka's been relatively kind to me, I hack up some weird phlegm sometimes if I drink too much hard liquor but aside from that the hangover isn't nearly as bad if I've had a 40 and some generic draft crap the night before.

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:20 pm 

waiguoren wrote:
This was very surprising to me. I had no idea one had to 'come out' as an atheist, and that it could lead to being ostracised too. Am I talking about Pakistan? Saudi Arabia? Vatican City? Yes.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28616115

It seems silly making it seem as though 'coming out' as an atheist is akin to coming out as a homosexual, but then what the hell do I know? Apparently 'coming out' as a vegan is difficult and traumatizing too. At this rate it will become regular conversation at bars and crap - "All right guys, listen there's something you need to know. I need to come out... I'm just sick of lying y'know? Guys, I'm uncut. That's right dammit - I've never been circumcised before, not even once! Will you guys still accept me for who I truly am?"

I think it depends on everyone's circumstance. I have been pretty open about being an atheist my whole life, but it hasn't affected me negatively because my parents aren't religious and all of my friends are either not religious or don't care. Some people live in situations where "coming out" as an atheist can lead to being ostracized by friends or family, so they probably would rather keep it hidden.

I still find it ridiculous that some number of states (I think 7) don't allow atheists to run for office. I guess if you live in one of those states and plan on running for something, it would be best to keep your atheism to yourself.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:23 pm 

Clowndoe wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

Ew, that would be gay.

Gay? Obviously I was talking about socializing with each other instead of shoving your D-cells into a handheld device. What did you think?

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:29 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

I bet your liver hates you for not testing it. It thinks you think it's weak.

Clowndoe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:42 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
[...] shoving your D-cells into a handheld device.

What kind of a phone holds "D" batteries?

Spoiler: show

As you can tell, I hold sex-euphemisms to a high standard.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:59 pm 

Thanx for the congrats dudes, I'm pretty stoked - she's put up with me for a long time, so I figured we might as well do it for awhile.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:05 pm 

Clowndoe wrote:
inhumanist wrote:
[...] shoving your D-cells into a handheld device.

What kind of a phone holds "D" batteries?

A flip phone.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:11 pm 

looked that shit up - looks way too intense for me.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:29 pm 

ObservationSlave wrote:

I think it depends on everyone's circumstance. I have been pretty open about being an atheist my whole life, but it hasn't affected me negatively because my parents aren't religious and all of my friends are either not religious or don't care. Some people live in situations where "coming out" as an atheist can lead to being ostracized by friends or family, so they probably would rather keep it hidden.

It's just weird - what corner of the Internet are these people hanging out at? Seems online and in real life it would be more of a deal 'coming out' as being Christian (to me at least). You know, all that laughter and ridicule. Must be tough coming out for Jesus.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:23 pm 

When I "came out" as an atheist, nobody really cared. Well my parents were a little distraught, but they got over it.

Actually, one of my religious friends apologized to me for involving me in a group prayer before a marching band contest. :lol: Apparently, I was supposed to be offended or something.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:14 pm 

Was Muslim, came out as atheist, had shit thrown at me and live under constant conflict of ideals. It all depends on the person's situation.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:56 pm 

I decided I was an atheist around age 12 or so. My parents were always cool about religion and stopped making us go to church years prior to that, saying we could make our own choices.

Crick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:34 pm 

I think I've just always been an atheist. If you asked me why I went to church as a child, I'd probably have just said "Because the adults/teachers said I had to". I never went out of any preconception that I was making a connection with Jesus or anything. You went to the big old fancy building, listened to some stuffy old man read a book you didnt understand, did your little macarena moves and ate the little circle that tasted like an ice cream cone, then you went back to school happy that you missed like an hour of class because old people wanted to tell you about angels.

Really, if there's any child out there who claims some spiritual connection with religion to matter more to them than video games, they're probably gonna grow up to be a shit person. They're just not fun!
Hehe, foreskins.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:46 pm 

Crick wrote:
I think I've just always been an atheist. If you asked me why I went to church as a child, I'd probably have just said "Because the adults/teachers said I had to". I never went out of any preconception that I was making a connection with Jesus or anything. You went to the big old fancy building, listened to some stuffy old man read a book you didnt understand, did your little macarena moves and ate the little circle that tasted like an ice cream cone, then you went back to school happy that you missed like an hour of class because old people wanted to tell you about angels.

Really, if there's any child out there who claims some spiritual connection with religion to matter more to them than video games, they're probably gonna grow up to be a shit person. They're just not fun!

Two scoops of the blood of Christ, please.

NoKnownName
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:53 pm 

Crick wrote:
the little circle that tasted like an ice cream cone

Your Communion bread had a taste? Lucky.

Crick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:09 pm 

If you can call waffle cone a flavor.
Hehe, foreskins.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:10 pm 

Crick wrote:

"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Crick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:15 pm 

Eh, fuck Omar. He's a real downer, man.
Hehe, foreskins.

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:17 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Was Muslim, came out as atheist, had shit thrown at me and live under constant conflict of ideals. It all depends on the person's situation.

Yeah, it really is a situation by situation deal. For some parents, having a child come out as an atheist is the worst thing that can happen, and others are cool about it.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:36 pm 

My first communion was awesome, I got like 12 Star Wars Episode I figurines.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 694  Next