Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Smash08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:05 am 

How do I extract all the reviewed albums that can be listened on Youtube? I love Brutal Death/Death Metal and I want to go right to viewing the sick albums only,mostly older albums. Please guide me into this, after that I will go on from there and look at the albums myself.Any help is much appreciated. Thank You. :)

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:26 am 

You must make your own searches. We do not host music files, nor do we have any download links or such available.

Smash08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:49 am 

Wasn't asking for album downloads. Its about the advanced search,getting the reviewed albums.

Last edited by Smash08 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:52 am 

Including reviews as a search criterion is not currently possible.

Smash08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:01 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Including reviews as a search criterion is not currently possible.

Yeah which is just sad..MA should improve a lot.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:44 am 

And what is the YouTube mention, the? Can't compute...

Smash08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:21 am 

Napero wrote:
And what is the YouTube mention, the? Can't compute...

Before I continue, let me tell you I am really not kidding. It just shows the list of bands I already know. Damn, I just want to find some seriously sick albums without going through the ridiculous amount of dead or inactive bands that barely have albums out. I want older albums from the late 90s to mid 2000s.

Smash08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:22 am 

What tips can you give me to be better at the Advanced Search? maybe this can help and I will try...

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:22 am 

Maybe just start at one of the sick older bands you like, and look through the similar artists tab? That'll lead you to other known, reviewed bands more often than the search button. Ain't no popularity filter in there, and imo, thank god for that!
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Smash08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:32 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Maybe just start at one of the sick older bands you like, and look through the similar artists tab? That'll lead you to other known, reviewed bands more often than the search button. Ain't no popularity filter in there, and imo, thank god for that!

I agree about the popularity filter, it should not be there. Similar artists don't really help,because they only show bands that are totally inactive or bands with shitty albums out, I do not want that. For example Gorgasm, they are an awesome band, then there will be bands similar to them by the quality of their work. See what I mean? the Advanced Search lists the entire list of bands without arranging the most reviewed ones first.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:40 pm 

How can you simultaneously complain about wanting bands that released older albums, and bands that broke up? Any band that's still active would still be releasing things past the mid-2000s and therefore wouldn't meet your criteria.

Smash08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:55 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
How can you simultaneously complain about wanting bands that released older albums, and bands that broke up? Any band that's still active would still be releasing things past the mid-2000s and therefore wouldn't meet your criteria.

The similar artists is mostly filled with bands that either have incomplete information, or their albums are just unheard of even if it is on MA.Another thing I start to doubt that people here are stingy to help me.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:24 am 

So, essentially, you want to find bands that meet your own, extremely vague criteria, and see if their stuff is available on YouTube? Somehow the system should know the sickness factor of the albums, and the similar artists tab should not include bands you do not think enough quality? OK. Implementing it now.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:54 am 

I don't think anyone really knows how to help you. Everything that has been offered to you as options has been shot down as not what you're looking for. I really don't think there is any function on the site that is going to be able to get you what you want.

Smash08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:37 am 

No if someone wants to list the similar artists to a band, they should mention the ones that also did some work,so that it is easy for anyone to discover more bands, not by listing those which consists out of only one or five that never had any EP, or album released. Wanting to find the bands which are similar by genre,from the same region or closer and awesome by quality is "extremely vague" to you? Thats sad. Anyway, I truly appreciate the help and want to thank all of you. None of us can do anything about this, it is MA that should take this suggestion and improve the list which will do all of us a great favor.

Last edited by Smash08 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:01 pm 

Smash08 wrote:
No if someone wants to list the similar artists to a band, they should mention the bands that have released albums, not by listing the bands which consists out of only one or five that never had any EP, or album released.

:???: When has this ever happened? Never have I once seen a band in the similar artists tag that had no releases in it.

Smash08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:29 pm 

:???: When has this ever happened? Never have I once seen a band in the similar artists tag that had no releases in it.[/quote]

Many times. When I type Disgorge , I go to the US's profile, click on Similar Artist, it only mentions Deeds Of Flesh, and any band I type in the search, the bands that are listed where each of them do not have any albums released.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:39 pm 

This is like trying to read hieroglyphics, holy lord.

But really, you mean to tell me that Defeated Sanity, Wormed, Pathology, Gorgasm, and the slew of other famous bands that aren't Deeds of Flesh that are listed in Disgorge's Similar Artist tab actually have no releases and the dozens of releases between all these bands are completely fake? Or are you just incomprehensibly insane?
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:07 pm 

I think we did everything we could to help the guy, he's just sadly misunderstood! I've told him to ask for recommendations in the Rec Central yesterday but for now, there's nothing else we can do but IMPROVE THE SITE.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.