Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:15 am 

Adriankat wrote:
Anyone know the sludge band with two albums that could be paired and played together? One album was sludge metal, the other was tribal music.

Are you thinking of Neurosis / Tribes of Neurot ?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Tri ... eurot/5670
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/neurotr ... 032&store=

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:34 pm 

Yup, thanks.

Blood_Red87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:05 am 

I remember seeing a album cover from either the "obscure death metal jem's" or "greatest album covers" thread that had Count Dracula on it. I think the band's name had "necro" in it and a pentagram was infused with the band's logo.

Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?

Valgrinder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:15 am 

Blood_Red87 wrote:
I remember seeing a album cover from either the "obscure death metal jem's" or "greatest album covers" thread that had Count Dracula on it. I think the band's name had "necro" in it and a pentagram was infused with the band's logo.

This?

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:43 am 

Blood_Red87 wrote:

I immediately thought of Necromantia's "Crossing the Fiery Path". The pentagram isn't very obvious though.
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ne ... _Path/2423

Blood_Red87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:14 pm 

balbulus wrote:
Blood_Red87 wrote:

I immediately thought of Necromantia's "Crossing the Fiery Path". The pentagram isn't very obvious though.
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ne ... _Path/2423

That's it! Thank you sir.

galeon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:49 pm 

Hi, everyone.

I've been searching since last 2-3 hours for this band...

I can describe the cover. Album belongs to first half of 90's (maybe late 80's not sure). On cover there is a judge with wig on his head and the judge point at you with his hammer. Does anyone recognize this cover and band of course.

This is stuck in my head, I saw it once in a music store back in 90's and I was maybe 12-13yo and remember this art pretty badass along with Bolt Thrower cover arts from Warhammer 40k. Now it's really itching me to find out this band who has a merciless judge on the cover.

wretchedrecords
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:21 am 

I'm looking for a particular band and album.
I can't tell you much about the music other than the fact that I think it's a death metal band.
I remember the album cover was black on yellow similar to Iron Dawn by Marduk except I believe the image was of the grim reaper. Or maybe just some cloaked skeleton thing..
Anyway if anyone can shed some light on this band/album it would be greatly appreciated.

Jabawock
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:11 am 

wretchedrecords wrote:
I can't tell you much about the music other than the fact that I think it's a death metal band.
I remember the album cover was black on yellow similar to Iron Dawn by Marduk except I believe the image was of the grim reaper. Or maybe just some cloaked skeleton thing..
Anyway if anyone can shed some light on this band/album it would be greatly appreciated.

I immediately thought of this Eye of Solitude shirt but the album cover is not the same. They do have the reaper on some of their covers though.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Eye_of_Solitude/3540342389

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:25 pm 

wretchedrecords wrote:

Could you be thinking of the Norwegian death metal band Execration and their record Odes to the Occult?
Also it has a song called 'Grains', which always makes me think of the classic "grains in her face" review :lol:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:28 pm 

androdion wrote:
There was this band a friend showed me a while back, whose name was something similar to "Apocryph" or whatever, can't really remember the name, that released an EP on Bandcamp. Kind of a mix of death/black and psychedelic elements. I think it was either from 2012 or 2013, and the cover art was all black with that masonry triangle with the eye and some tentacles or some shit like that. It was all in shades of grey on top of the black background. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about here.

Does anyone know what band it is?

PS: Found it! :)

Last edited by ~Guest 82538 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:30 pm 

wretchedrecords wrote:

Excoriate's "On Pestilent Winds"
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ex ... .../227121

You're welcome.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:42 pm 

androdion wrote:
androdion wrote:
There was this band a friend showed me a while back, whose name was something similar to "Apocryph" or whatever, can't really remember the name, that released an EP on Bandcamp. Kind of a mix of death/black and psychedelic elements. I think it was either from 2012 or 2013, and the cover art was all black with that masonry triangle with the eye and some tentacles or some shit like that. It was all in shades of grey on top of the black background. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about here.

Does anyone know what band it is?
Found it! :)

Is this it?
http://apocryphon.bandcamp.com/album/ep-2011

EDIT:
too late, it would seem!

Last edited by balbulus on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:43 pm 

Indeed it is! ;)

sinister_revenant
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36 am 

Will someone please help me?

Nehemah - Nehemah In Vulva Infernum

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7r1zH-QXRI

Need lyrics. I haven't found anything so far.

emperorjvl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:59 pm 

Warning: NSFW-ish!

Ignore the visuals or you can laugh as I did...but can someone tell me what band plays the track??

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:23 pm 

galeon wrote:
Hi, everyone.

I've been searching since last 2-3 hours for this band...

I can describe the cover. Album belongs to first half of 90's (maybe late 80's not sure). On cover there is a judge with wig on his head and the judge point at you with his hammer. Does anyone recognize this cover and band of course.

This is stuck in my head, I saw it once in a music store back in 90's and I was maybe 12-13yo and remember this art pretty badass along with Bolt Thrower cover arts from Warhammer 40k. Now it's really itching me to find out this band who has a merciless judge on the cover.

There were a couple different album covers from circa 1988-1990 with a similar concept, this being one of them...
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Re ... rnity/6772
and unfortunately, I cant remember the other one right off the top of my head.

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:44 am 

This picture is on the cover of a Black Metal album, could someone please tell me which artist?

emperorjvl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:53 pm 

Crypt666 wrote:
This picture is on the cover of a Black Metal album, could someone please tell me which artist?

Deathrite self titled from 2011

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:27 pm 

Haha automatically presumed it would have been BM, thanx a lot!

Worthless_Dream
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:43 pm 

Hey guys, I remember seeing a cover art like a yellow skeleton/grim reaper on a black background. The music was a mix between crust and death or black metal if I recall correctly, I am not sure if they even where on this site but it was a link to youtube.

Ring any bells?

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:29 pm 

Worthless_Dream wrote:
Hey guys, I remember seeing a cover art like a yellow skeleton/grim reaper on a black background. The music was a mix between crust and death or black metal if I recall correctly, I am not sure if they even where on this site but it was a link to youtube.

Ring any bells?

Funny you should say "ring any bells"... was it "Ancient Bell Chimes" demo by Beastiality?

http://beastiality.bandcamp.com/album/a ... ell-chimes

Worthless_Dream
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:58 pm 

No, it's not that one.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:10 am 

There was this band I listened to about two years ago and really enjoyed. I believe they played black metal, albeit a very different breed of black metal if I remember correctly (which I probably do not). One of their albums is apparently very well-received around these parts (with good reason too). The album cover is very... shall I say, artistic, featuring a triumphal enthroning of a king (at least that's what it looked like to me). One of track titles goes something along the lines of "The Return of the (insert adjective here) King" or "The Entrance of the (something) King." Each song title tends to be rather lengthy, ala Judas Iscariot.

Mind_Transferer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:33 pm 

Anyone knows the name of the 1349 song at the end of the vid, or of any other song in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9NJIw4Tlk

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:36 am 

The song from 1349 is Legion

LuneFrigide
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:34 am 

Still looking for an old-Gorgoroth like band, from Norway, which delivered several awesome demos, from 2000 to now...does anybody have an idea ?

Mind_Transferer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:30 am 

Rompestromper wrote:

Thank you!! I searched that song for 1 hour and nothing..

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:39 am 

Mind_Transferer wrote:
Rompestromper wrote:

Thank you!! I searched that song for 1 hour and nothing..

your welcome :) I clicked the link and Youtube suggested me to buy that song from that artist and when listening it was indeed

sv001
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:49 pm 

Hey everyone, I'm desesperate to find a song, this is my last solution, I've searched everywhere but with the few I know it was impossible to find the song I'm looking for.

I've heard it a while back ( maybe 1,5 year ago) on a grooveshark playlist I can't find now.

I supose it's a doom band from Quebec because the only thing I can remember is the female voice singing, not growl or scream, just a clear chant.( in french,but with theyre accent )

She was singing about horses (something like "le premier cheval [...], le second cheval)..

That's all I have, if anyone knows this song I'm dying to listen to it again.

Sorry for english mistakes,cheers.

Abethedemon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 pm 

Does anyone know the speed/power band that had an album cover with a motorcycle rider passing through a desert? I think the lyrics went something like "ride for the steel/ride for the glory"
Thank thou

Colonel Mustard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:12 am 

Hi everybody, I am new here and the reason I joined this fine band is this one song that gives me sleepless nights.

Couple of years ago I found it on YT. And those are the things I remember:

- it was kind of progressive metal, mostly instrumental, with some growling lyrics - it was something similar to bands like Neurosis, Pelican, Red Sparowes, Omega Massif, Russian Circles, Callisto etc.
- the lyrics began with something like "why, rip (rape?, leave?) the silence..." - growling
- the band was a bit of a underground, I remember that they formed during some metal festival in US, just couple of hours before coming on stage and playing their first two or three pieces
- it was somewhere between 2005 and 2010
-the band was from States, probably east coast
-the song had pretty long dark ambient/prog metal intro with no lyrics at all
-the video on YT was basically one graphic of eclipse, moon or sth like that
-there was also a video on YT of live performance, where the skinny guy in glasses was growling with no mic - the whole thing happening in some small club

Please help... I've been searching the archives and found nothing

Colonel Mustard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:46 am 

To whom it may concern: I found it, but I totally didn't remember the lyrics though.

It's a song Wake by Rosetta. Nice piece.

Jisatsu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:49 am 

Please help me remember a band's name. I listend to that 7 or 8 years ago.
The genre was symphonic doom/gothic metal. 6 or 7 members including a female vocal. Came from a country not so famaous(no USA, no England, etc.). Released only a demo at that time.

Thank you!

FraktalZero
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:15 pm 

Hey Guys, sorry but I'm still looking for this song.
It was recorded from a radio show around 1995.
I'm really sorry about the really low quality but this was taken from a really damaged tape.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09hrG6uwjHk

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:56 pm 

A while ago, I remember seeing this video with riffs similar to each other. I'm trying to pick out a band/song.

The song had a similar riff to the opening riff of Metallica's "Call of Ktulu". I also remember the compared band's album art having what looked like a dark figure and a stormy background.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:55 pm 

So I'm looking for a specific song. It's definitely industrial metal, and I feel like it might be by Godflesh but I'm not familiar enough with them to be sure. The song starts with a guitar riff that goes, "DUN DUN", then there's a pause and a single snare hit, and then the guitars kick back in and go "DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN," then I believe there's another snare hit. Sound familiar to anyone?

flccgarrettl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:40 am 

(resolved after regaining access to an old account)

Last edited by flccgarrettl on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:30 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
So I'm looking for a specific song. It's definitely industrial metal, and I feel like it might be by Godflesh but I'm not familiar enough with them to be sure. The song starts with a guitar riff that goes, "DUN DUN", then there's a pause and a single snare hit, and then the guitars kick back in and go "DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN," then I believe there's another snare hit. Sound familiar to anyone?

I really want to answer this; I feel I should know it. My first though was indeed a Godflesh track called "White Flag" off the Hymns album, but it doesn't really fit the second part of the description. Have a listen anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhVHBJV005M

I'll carry on trawling through my collection of Godflesh clones.

Any further details? I'm assuming the "dun dun"s are chugs on the same note/chord? What kind of tempo? Real drummer or machine?

FraktalZero
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:26 pm 

Perhaps something from Zaraza?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar9tLHQCXEQ

MutantClannfear wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 48  Next