Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:03 am 

Yes, but not this time.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:12 am 

Heh, you're right. Sweet!
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:55 pm 

Coolest, yet most bittersweet tweet ever?
https://twitter.com/amy_hennig/status/4 ... 8894959617
Amy, why are you playing with my heart like that... :cry:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:15 pm 

Don't lose your hope, Morrigan. It's all we have :(

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 pm 

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconside ... -recognize

Great article nicely summarizing most of the problems that plague gender inequality in games--and gamers--today. But the reason I'm posting it is because of the surprisingly gentle community reaction its both delineating on and receiving. Things are happening. Good things.

(and yes, I know it's NPR; but still. Were this posted even just a couple of years ago, I doubt it would be received as warmly.)
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:51 pm 

I'll be devil's advocate and argue that female gamers have some exclusive benefits of their own.
-They have a much easier time racking in viewers and subscribers on Twitch.tv/YouTube, they don't have to be as skilled or have as much of an interesting personality as popular male streamers.
-They have an easier time getting a job at Gamestop as well as getting promotions. As someone who hangs around a lot of circles with people who worked at Gamestop at one point in their lives, I've seen this happen multiple times.
-Some of my friends were able to get free games on Steam because they were females. Some people want feet pictures in exchange but you can easily find pictures of those things on the internet and tell people they're yours.

Personally, I think a lot of these privileges have to do with the fact that many gamers don't spend a lot of time with girls. :oh shit:

Yeah, the sexism in the gaming community is pretty bad but I noticed it's almost exclusive to big communities and games with low average ages. Most Call of Duty players are stupid little shits who are probably redirecting their hatred of their moms/girls who turned them down at school towards girls the internet. Meanwhile, I've played with females who used their mics on games like Red Orchestra, Planetside, and Natural Selection and no one else in the server really cared aside from the odd person here and there.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:08 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
I'll be devil's advocate and argue that female gamers have some exclusive benefits of their own.
-They have a much easier time racking in viewers and subscribers on Twitch.tv/YouTube, they don't have to be as skilled or have as much of an interesting personality as popular male streamers.
-They have an easier time getting a job at Gamestop as well as getting promotions. As someone who hangs around a lot of circles with people who worked at Gamestop at one point in their lives, I've seen this happen multiple times.
-Some of my friends were able to get free games on Steam because they were females. Some people want feet pictures in exchange but you can easily find pictures of those things on the internet and tell people they're yours.

Positive discrimination's still discriminaton, Adriankat.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:12 pm 

Of course, and there's still a lot of negative discrimination to go with the positive discrimination. I.e. Female Gamestop employees being ignored by customers as they seek the male employees for help. Female streamers and let's players have to deal with a lot of hate mail and harassment in their chat. Etc.

Just wanted to show the inequality goes both ways, which is seldom talked about. Though it's still much in favor of the males atm.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:19 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
Just wanted to show the inequality goes both ways, which is seldom talked about.

Probably because it's insignificant in comparison (I mean seriously? "I know some girls who got free games by sending fake feet pics to creeps, guys can't have this awesome privilege!" vs sexual harassment?). And probably because...

Quote:
Though it's still much in favor of the males atm.

Oh, this, maybe?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:49 pm 

Yeah, pretty much. I'll go shrink and hide in my cave now.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:13 pm 

I just got a new computer, im running Skyrim at 60 fps with no hiccups and with everything as high as it can go, i know Skyrim isnt that great graphics wise but compared to my last computer which i got like 40 fps with most of it on medium-high, it feels amazing

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:54 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:
I just got a new computer, im running Skyrim at 60 fps with no hiccups and with everything as high as it can go, i know Skyrim isnt that great graphics wise but compared to my last computer which i got like 40 fps with most of it on medium-high, it feels amazing

Ultimate test - mod that bitch up.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:40 pm 

My pimped out Skyrim used to run at 40fps at high settings on this piece of shit machine I have, and believe me, 40fps is a lot for me. Some of those fps optimizing "hacks" really helped me run the game without it looking like a power point presentation.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:01 pm 

Wow Video game thread, why you at the bottom of the page?

Anyone played Etrian Odyssey Untold yet? Got it yesterday, and it is kicking my ass. Those FOE.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:27 pm 

Because I've been playing a lot of Smite, and apparently no one else here plays Smite, so it wouldn't make the thread stay up top for very long.

(Xbalanque is so awesome, you guys. Despite the fact that his abilities are either broken/useless or don't scale worth shit. But his basic attacks hit like a fucking truck, and I love it.)

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:04 pm 

Is anybody else addicted to Hearthstone? The first step is admitting you have a problem. Anyone? Please help me. Seriously I never expected to like this game let alone building decks online at work and fiending to get home and play it :/
Dandelo wrote:
Anyone played Etrian Odyssey Untold yet? Got it yesterday, and it is kicking my ass. Those FOE.

I got the 4th one, been thinking about starting it up. Heard great things about the series, I'm glad it sounds like it's a good challenge

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:16 pm 

I have played both Smite and Hearthstone.

Smite is a fun game, I´m not surw why I stopped playing, maybe because the game is a bit too serious for me. I want to be able to lay back while gaming. Still, I think I´ll come back to it, I got the full god pack and I´m pretty good with Apollo and Xbalanque. So yes, I fucking love Xblanque, I just go full on mana preservation items-potions and fucking destroy with his basic attack.

I love Hearthstone, but I wanted to spend money on it and fucking Blizzard won´t let me pay with Ideal. I don´t have a fucking creditcard, so whatever, they don´t seem to want my money. A company like Blizzard should really go with their time and also understand that it´s not that common to have a creditcard in certain countries in Europe. My favorite class is Hunter.

last.fm

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:35 pm 

Seems arena is the way to go in hearthstone to get free cards... I just went 10-3 with a crappy rogue deck and I never play rogue normally but i didn't get good options. I got like 300 gold a pack, some gold cards and free dust. Going to spend all my gold on arena from now on instead of just buying packs at 100g each. Blizzard has taken enough of my money over the years! Cool thing about HS is you can play totally free and still be competitive and eventually get all the cards you want.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:35 pm 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812089

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Is it E3 yet? Pwease?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Obfuscation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:16 pm 

I took a short break from Hearthstone right before the official launch of the game but I'm totally addicted to it again. I only play a rogue deck and ranked play so getting gold is kinda slow for me, but I did hit my highest rank so far this past season at 17. Funniest thing since returning is I had my first ever tie that I can recall. Had a druid do something where they ended up casting a spell that killed both of us which was pretty great. Finally, I'm looking forward to seeing what Curse of Naxxramas is all about when that's finally released.

LowSignal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:52 am 

With Mario Kart 8, Mighty nº9 and Super Smash Bros, Nintendo WiiU will rise from the abyss......and i don't play online Games.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:56 am 

Morrigan wrote:

Is it E3 yet? Pwease?

I see too little enthusiasm for this... but perhaps it's my fault for being vague and assuming people will click the link.

So, folks, this is about: a new From Software game, directed by Miyazaki, in collaboration with Sony Japan (and therefore PS4 exclusive) quite possibly Demon's Souls 2 or something similar.

I'm gonna have to buy a PS4 soon. :nods:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:05 am 

How does Hearthstone compare to M&M:Duel of Champions? I got into it a bit around christmas time, it was a fun way to kill time and you didn't have to grind to much to buy the booster packs. I haven't really played it much recently, but if people play it here, I'd maybe get back into it. Or is Hearthstone better, over all?

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:20 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
directed by Miyazaki,

A guy named Miyazaki who worked on the series, or...that Miyazaki?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:14 pm 

Hidetaka Miyazaki, director of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. So, yes, that Miyazaki because he's awesome too, but probably not the Miyazaki you're thinking of. :P

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:54 pm 

Been playing through God of War II (I think I've nearly beaten it, so I may finish it tonight). Pretty much the same as the first game. Some elements are thankfully improved (not as many annoying extended wall or rope combat sections) while others have been made worse (lamer powers for most of the game, over-reliance on the Golden Fleece parry mechanic which makes fighting Gorgons extremely irritating since they one-shot you all the time). Kratos is still an insufferable douchebag and the general gameplay is still pretty lacking compared to similar games (can't shake how much better Darksiders is at this same genre) but the people who come up with the level design and setpieces are clearly talented. Too bad the game mechanics people weren't better at their jobs.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:05 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Been playing through God of War II (I think I've nearly beaten it, so I may finish it tonight). Pretty much the same as the first game. Some elements are thankfully improved (not as many annoying extended wall or rope combat sections) while others have been made worse (lamer powers for most of the game, over-reliance on the Golden Fleece parry mechanic which makes fighting Gorgons extremely irritating since they one-shot you all the time). Kratos is still an insufferable douchebag and the general gameplay is still pretty lacking compared to similar games (can't shake how much better Darksiders is at this same genre) but the people who come up with the level design and setpieces are clearly talented. Too bad the game mechanics people weren't better at their jobs.

I do like the combat a lot, but yeah, the levels are incredible to behold--even today, many of those zones are fantastic to look at.

Also, the game also contains one of the greatest tracks ever:
Spoiler: show

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:05 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
Try turning off vsync or disabling/enabling raw mouse input.

I did this in the menu, no luck. The left click is completely responsive in the interface, Steam menus, etc. Once in the game however, it only works when it wants to. Sometimes the gun will just start firing non-stop sporadically too - I'm sure that is somehow related to it. I've mapped fire to the right click and alternate fire to the scroller wheel click. I'm getting used to it, but what a bizarre circumstance.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:06 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:

When I was younger and slightly more foolish than I am now, I attempted this game at the hardest difficulty. This was not long after I beat the game when it first came out, but that corridor of enemies before you get to the final sister was so frustrating that I turned down the difficulty, not realizing that the game would count it as if I were playing on normal the whole time. Naturally when I found this out I had to go back and re-do the entire game on extreme...of which I did most in one very long sitting and the rest in a few hours. Redemption isn't always graceful...
Death metal is eternal.

~Guest 292988
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:25 pm 

Last edited by ~Guest 292988 on Tue May 05, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:23 am 

Kinda sounds like Metroid Prime?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfGsArRQjKE

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:38 am 

Ugh, fuck God of War 2. I just "beat" it, but the end was so goddamn annoying. The final boss fight relies heavily on perfectly timed Golden Fleece parries (I hate this item/feature so damn much) then, after you win, there's a really long, randomized and unforgiving quicktime event sequence that I seriously did about 32 times before finishing it, and having to watch the same cutscene it's embedded into over and over again. Then, I didn't even get to see what I presume was the final cutscene of the game because my disc was scratched or something and it kept freezing/skipping.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:31 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

Is it E3 yet? Pwease?

I see too little enthusiasm for this... but perhaps it's my fault for being vague and assuming people will click the link.

So, folks, this is about: a new From Software game, directed by Miyazaki, in collaboration with Sony Japan (and therefore PS4 exclusive) quite possibly Demon's Souls 2 or something similar.

I'm gonna have to buy a PS4 soon. :nods:

Seriously, I was waiting for the console seller. This is it by far. Xbone is dead.

So on a random note, this fan made remaster of the FFX Aeon Battle theme is beyond amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcLicemo-a4

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:37 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:

Oh yeah Darksiders is soooo much fucking better and (at least to me) they're almost basically the same thing. Maybe GoW's level design beats Darksiders but it's a difficult claim to defend too.

If you liked the GoW theme though there's a section in my album which you reviewed that has that same motif, along with the obligatory blasts and growls :D

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:00 pm 

^ I thought Darksiders 2 was great, but I kind of hated the first one. Just started Etrian Odyssey IV on 3DS, seems like a brutally difficult old school RPG/dungeon crawler. A bit overwhelming in the beginning with so many options, but doesn't take long to figure out. Getting a PS4 sometime this month, hopefully it will help curb my Hearthstone problem. Not sure which game or games I should get first probably Second Son I guess.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:05 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Then, I didn't even get to see what I presume was the final cutscene of the game because my disc was scratched or something and it kept freezing/skipping.

Just a huge cliffhanger for GoW 3. To boost PS3 sales at the time, ofcourse.

last.fm

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:15 pm 

I'm not one to usually talk about vidya games but I started playing 'War Thunder' and I'm hooked on it. It's an MMO flight combat game which is still in beta testing, so it's free. What gets me is the amount of detail in the environment - right from the maps to the amount of research that needs to be done to equip your crews, planes etc.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:08 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
^ I thought Darksiders 2 was great, but I kind of hated the first one. Just started Etrian Odyssey IV on 3DS, seems like a brutally difficult old school RPG/dungeon crawler. A bit overwhelming in the beginning with so many options, but doesn't take long to figure out. Getting a PS4 sometime this month, hopefully it will help curb my Hearthstone problem. Not sure which game or games I should get first probably Second Son I guess.

I tried playing Darksiders a few months ago, yeah it was completely terrible.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:12 pm 

I agree that Darksiders 2 was a pretty big improvement, but I still thought the first game was really cool. Different strokes and all, I guess.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:06 am 

I thought the first one had kind of a Zelda meets God of War feeling, but it ended up being way to puzzle based, and a lot of the puzzles were clunky and just plain annoying. The 2nd one was far more combat oriented with better combat/combos a simplified Blizzard type loot system, I wonder if a 3rd one is on the way?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569, 570 ... 940  Next