Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:24 pm 

blodyxx wrote:
Hello, I recently got interested in thrash metal. Been listening to slayer, overkill, exodus, death angel, kreator, sofom and destruction alot. But I need more band in the style of these to listen to! Do you guys have any suggestions?

DARK ANGEL - Darkness Descends
HYPNOSIA - Extreme Hatred
RAZOR - Violent Restitution

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:11 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
blodyxx wrote:
Hello, I recently got interested in thrash metal. Been listening to slayer, overkill, exodus, death angel, kreator, sofom and destruction alot. But I need more band in the style of these to listen to! Do you guys have any suggestions?

^Bingo.

I'll add Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZhux8pHjkM
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:55 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
blodyxx wrote:

And you left Morbid Saint out because... ?! :p

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:15 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
blodyxx wrote:

How about:
Sadus - Illusions (1988) (USA)
Pestilence - Malleus Maleficarum (1988) (Nld)
MX - Simoniacal (1988) (BRA)
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death (1988) (USA)
Korzus - Sonho Maniaco (1987) (BRA)
Farscape - Demon's Massacre (2003) (BRA)

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:31 pm 

New Lost Society song is up! Super catchy as shit. Sounds like a more technical version of new Overkill. You can stream the full album here, and it's awesome. These guys are right on the ball with their sound.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:22 pm 

For fans of Kreator, Destruction, and Holy Moses then you should check out Nervosa. They are an all female outfit from Brazil and they really know how to rip. Bound to be one of the thrash albums of the year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqnn4iiWa0

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:14 am 

AcidWorm wrote:
For fans of Kreator, Destruction, and Holy Moses then you should check out Nervosa. They are an all female outfit from Brazil and they really know how to rip. Bound to be one of the thrash albums of the year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqnn4iiWa0

I prefer last years Violator - Scenarios Of Brutality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAQTHgkFtgU

Not on par with Chemical Assault but you might like it.

Wish I could hear the full album online but very promising: Hating Evil - Rotten Inside http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ybjGDGxgk

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:56 pm 

Q: What is the best thrash demo you've ever heard from a practically unknown band?

I'd have to go with BRAINICIDE - Brutal Mentality. Though DAMNABILITY is a contender.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:06 pm 

And Crypt666 I liked Chemical Assault but didn't get into Scenarios of Brutality Last Year. I got a bit burnt out from the new wave of retro thrash a while back so very little stuff catches my attention now.

Off the top of my head Id go with Morbid Scream or Assassin (US) Or Militia (Texas) for favourite unknown demos.

Assassin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epe2tWJgJqQ

Morbid Scream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4dxItDvE-0

Militia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcpz0700NWo

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:44 pm 

I love MILITIA! Over-the-top speed metal. I was briefly working with their bassist Robert in our band. Talented guy and very nice.

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:40 pm 

Maelstrom's This Battle to Make History, Yet History Never Comes. Basically, if Walkyier wasn't surrounded by mediocrity in Sabbat (UK) and instead had a team of great prog-oriented power/thrashing instrumentalists backing him, it might sound something like that demo. It's actually a concept demo that was supposed to become a concept album, but it fell apart when most of the band wanted to go in more of a mathcore direction, ending up forming Carbomb. Some of them have gotten back together and even rerecorded a few songs for an EP, but I'm still waiting for the full-length.

EDIT: Just noticed that Jophelerx reviewed it; sums it up very nicely.

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/M ... omes/5905/

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:47 pm 

Can anybody recommend some technical (but still aggressive) thrash metal with competently executed clean vocals and 'cool solos br0'? I'm thinking something along the lines of Mike Sanders-era Toxik and the more violent renditions from Realm.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:
Also if you want to make a joke please do so but please put lol after so I can know that Fred Durst isn't really dead.

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:00 pm 

Immaculate, despite some silly retro song titles/lyrics, are very legit speed/thrash with tight playing and high-pitched vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLgNnFn9vko

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 am 

Rykov wrote:
Can anybody recommend some technical (but still aggressive) thrash metal with competently executed clean vocals and 'cool solos br0'? I'm thinking something along the lines of Mike Sanders-era Toxik and the more violent renditions from Realm.

I am always looking for this kind of stuff!

My band TEMPLE OF BLOOD plays this style. You might enjoy our latest album "Overlord" and we have another one being recorded now.

IMMACULATE - Atheist Crusade is another good recommendation.

I would also suggest:
HAVE MERCY - Armageddon Descends EP
BRAINICIDE - Brutal Mentality demo
TARGET - both albums
ARTILLERY - Terror Squad, By Inheritance

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:54 pm 

Damn. The singer for Immaculate is just about a dead ringer for the dude from Realm. That being said, the song linked was okay, but nothing that really grabbed my attention. It was good when it actually took it upon itself to thrash out, but otherwise felt a bit subdued-- even a little timid, so to speak. The solos were pretty pedestrian, too.

I looked up the Temple of Blood song 'The Return', and then Trampling the Serpent, and I have to admit, musically I found this much more interesting. Unfortunately, though, Temple of Blood (er, the user, as it appears you're the singer?) I'm not so big on your vocals. Also not very fond of religious themes, though that's not really a dealbreaker for me.

I then checked out the Have Mercy song 'Holy Dismissal', and wasn't terribly into it. The music is fairly pedestrian-- owing as much to the thin, claustrophobic production as to the lackadaisical riffing-- and the vocals were inoffensive but nothing that really grabbed me either.

Brutal Mentality was up next, and I really wish this wasn't a demo, because I'm pretty sure there's something worth hearing here. Decent riffs and vocals, from what I could hear. Nothing too special, though.

Lastly (because I've already heard Artillery; found their shit decent but simply too lacking in actual aggression and drive for my own personal taste) Target's 'Absolution By Termination'. I think out of all the recs, I found this one most appealing: there were some real nice riffs in there, and some unique avenues were taken with the songwriting. I would have liked if the drums threw in a little more d-beat as opposed to more standard rock rhythms-- hell, that's sort of an issue I have with a lot of technical thrash in general. I've noticed it with bands like Coroner, Heathen-- hell, even Realm itself; they start grinding away with a really meaty, aggressive riff, and just as I expect the drums to cave my skull in with a well-placed d-beat, I get some insipid chilled out rock shit instead. Really hate that shit. In spite of that, though, this isn't too bad. Definitely something to look into more.

Thanks for the recs!

mastamonkeynutz wrote:
Also if you want to make a joke please do so but please put lol after so I can know that Fred Durst isn't really dead.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:50 am 

Quote:
And you left Morbid Saint out because... ?! :p

Maybe because you can't find a CD for under 50 bucks nowadays? Though I guess there's always quasi-illegal downloading...

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:22 am 

Rykov wrote:
Damn. The singer for Immaculate is just about a dead ringer for the dude from Realm. That being said, the song linked was okay, but nothing that really grabbed my attention. It was good when it actually took it upon itself to thrash out, but otherwise felt a bit subdued-- even a little timid, so to speak. The solos were pretty pedestrian, too.

I can't watch the link now, but you should check out their song "Cross of Nero" before you render a verdict. It's their best tune.

Quote:
I looked up the Temple of Blood song 'The Return', and then Trampling the Serpent, and I have to admit, musically I found this much more interesting. Unfortunately, though, Temple of Blood (er, the user, as it appears you're the singer?) I'm not so big on your vocals. Also not very fond of religious themes, though that's not really a dealbreaker for me.

Hmm, well those songs were recorded back in 2007 and I've gotten a lot better since then. I sang for a local cover band doing Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, etc. stuff for a couple of years since then and recently sang on the EP for a power metal band called CAULDRON BORN. I think when you check out our upcoming album you'll be able to hear a big improvement in my vocal attack. You might wanna check out the songs "Behind the Inverted Star", "Fearsome Warrior", and "Legion of the Crypts" though because I think those are some of our very best songs. Thanks for the complement on the music. We take a lot of time to work on the riffs and arrangements.

Quote:
I then checked out the Have Mercy song 'Holy Dismissal', and wasn't terribly into it. The music is fairly pedestrian-- owing as much to the thin, claustrophobic production as to the lackadaisical riffing-- and the vocals were inoffensive but nothing that really grabbed me either.

I thought his vocals were amazing. Way better than REALM IMHO. He sounds a lot like Geoff Tate in his prime.

Quote:
Brutal Mentality was up next, and I really wish this wasn't a demo, because I'm pretty sure there's something worth hearing here. Decent riffs and vocals, from what I could hear. Nothing too special, though.

Did you hear the whole thing? It's one of the best demos I've ever heard. Awesome riffs and Tim Ripper Owens at his best screaming like a banshee over it! Reminds me of VIO-LENCE crossed with JUDAS PRIEST.

Quote:
Lastly (because I've already heard Artillery; found their shit decent but simply too lacking in actual aggression and drive for my own personal taste)

??? Wow! Did you listen to "By Inheritance" and "Terror Squad" all the way through before you made that assessment? ARTILLERY are the most underrated thrash band ever IMHO. I'm very surprised that you would suggest that REALM are a better band overall. But I really like "Endless War" so I'm not trying to put them down.

Quote:
Target's 'Absolution By Termination'. I think out of all the recs, I found this one most appealing: there were some real nice riffs in there, and some unique avenues were taken with the songwriting.

Yeah, that's a great song, and probably my favorite on that album. I love both those albums though. Really underrated band.

BTW, I assume you've heard both WATCHTOWER's albums, the first two AGENT STEEL albums, the first two FORBIDDEN albums, and the first two FLOTSAM AND JETSAM albums?

You might also enjoy INTRUDER - Psycho Savant because it is good stuff in the same ballpark although a bit tamer than TOXIK. Also, even though it is a bit of a stretch - FATES WARNING - No Exit (their thrashiest album). It definitely has some cool solos, great vocals, and progressive musicianship. To a lesser extent you might enjoy the first two METAL CHURCH or SANCTUARY albums. They're in-between power metal and thrash and have great vocals. One underrated thrash/speed metal album is TOURNIQUET - "Stop the Bleeding" (somewhat progressive metal with super-high vocals like KING DIAMOND or TOXIK). One more rec: POWERMAD - "Absolute Power". Not super-tech on the guitar side but good stuff, thrashy, and with good screaming vocals.

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:36 pm 

My initiation into metal was Death's 'Scream Bloody Gore' and it took me a while to even begin to appreciate the less aggressive forms of metal such as heavy metal and power metal. So maybe it just hasn't clicked yet, but I suspect I have largely that to thank for why I find a lot of technical 'thrash' groups to be insufficiently aggressive. For example, I found the aforementioned Watchtower, whose album Control And Resistance I had previously encountered, to be sterile and lacking in energy, and Agent Steel's 'Unstoppable Force' (which I just listened through a couple of times in full) infuriated me because after starting off great with a thrashing, violent first song, it immediately dropped into more of the same 'thrash that doesn't really thrash'. Skeptic's Apocalypse, which I just checked out subsequent to listening to Unstoppable Force, was much, much better in that regard. There were a couple songs that were yawn-fests, granted, and it's not brilliant, but it was still pretty good and remained squarely within the territory of thrash.

Moving on: Flotsam and Jetsam's Doomsday for the Deceiver is proving a worthwhile listen. The singer can be more than a little obnoxious at times (those screams at the beginning of Iron Tears goddammit), but on the whole, they're not bad. Intruder's Psycho Savant has great vocals and solos slightly marred by frequently lethargic drumming and overlong songs that simply have no reason to be so long: I came across several point that could have easily been cut in half without detracting from the song. Again, though, not bad on the whole. Some decent riffs in there.

I have to admit, though, on the subject of Fates Warning's No Exit: I was fairly uncertain about this one, seeing as I have never heard them mentioned even along the same lines of thrash. And indeed, it wasn't really all that thrashy, but I still enjoyed it-- hell, it may well be among my favourites that you've recommended thus far. Intricate, compelling, with great vocals-- and it doesn't skimp on aggression, either. Great stuff.

I'll get to Metal Church, Sanctuary, Tourniquet, and Powermad when I can-- for the time being though, thanks again for the many recommendations! They're hit and miss, but I guess that's to be expected when you're judging the music by such specific criteria as I may well be, and I definitely enjoyed the hits. I appreciate you taking the time.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:23 am 

I've been into underground thrash for quite some time but I feel my collection is stagnating. Could some of you throw out your 10-15 favorite lesser known thrash bands? I want to see if there's anything quality that I somehow overlooked. I like it on the technical side if that helps. Any sort of vocals is ok.

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:46 am 

Baroque1 wrote:
I've been into underground thrash for quite some time but I feel my collection is stagnating. Could some of you throw out your 10-15 favorite lesser known thrash bands? I want to see if there's anything quality that I somehow overlooked. I like it on the technical side if that helps. Any sort of vocals is ok.

Some classics you probably know:
Attomica - Self Titled (1987) (BRA) http://youtu.be/8bNbXIBC1fA
Korzus - Sonho Maniaco (1987) (BRA) http://youtu.be/aiZqfJJUGnk
MX - Simoniacal (1988) (BRA) http://youtu.be/GRtqJRw792k
Pestilence - Malleus Maleficarum (1988) (Nld) http://youtu.be/BD7J1uHNgKw
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death (1988) (USA) http://youtu.be/eg7POnIE3hM
Sadus - Illusions (1988) (USA) http://youtu.be/VpfZupo3Lc4
Hypnosia - Violent Intensity EP (1999) (SWE) http://youtu.be/7UoLUB9ZMp0

No idea if these are well known or not:
Violator - Chemical Assault (2006) (BRA) http://youtu.be/_wpoPj-mmeE
Death Mechanism - Human Error .. Global Terror (2006) (ITA) http://youtu.be/Vp9l5Wi1gzg
Bonded By Blood - Feed The Beast (2008) (USA) http://youtu.be/JrLELwXa3i4
Blasthrash - Violence Just For Fun (2008) (BRA) http://youtu.be/ZklAHmvasXg
Devil On Earth - Hunting, Shooting, Slashing and Thrashing (2007) (BRA) http://youtu.be/PFyycXw-oH8
Farscape - Demon's Massacre (2003) (BRA) http://youtu.be/SpCOIySbM4o
Fastkill - Infernal Thrashing Holocaust (2004) (JAP) http://youtu.be/nBmN4eARPRI
Fastkill - Nuclear Thrashing Attack (2007) (JAP) http://youtu.be/z4dH1oEpPnQ
Harter Attack - Human Hell (1989) (USA) http://youtu.be/UcgJxLsPnuo
Occult - Elegy For The Weak (2003) (NLD) http://youtu.be/yQ12XuY-6Ks
Hating Evil - Rotting Inside EP (2014) (BRA) http://youtu.be/ziNprg4xDNM

Last edited by Crypt666 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:32 pm 

From your list I already knew only:

Crypt666 wrote:
Attomica - Self Titled (1987) (BRA) http://youtu.be/8bNbXIBC1fA
Pestilence - Malleus Maleficarum (1988) (Nld) http://youtu.be/BD7J1uHNgKw
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death (1988) (USA) http://youtu.be/eg7POnIE3hM
Sadus - Illusions (1988) (USA) http://youtu.be/VpfZupo3Lc4
Violator - Chemical Assault (2006) (BRA) http://youtu.be/_wpoPj-mmeE
Bonded By Blood - Feed The Beast (2008) (USA) http://youtu.be/JrLELwXa3i4
Blasthrash - Violence Just For Fun (2008) (BRA) http://youtu.be/ZklAHmvasXg

A lot still to check out. Thanks for your help.

[EDIT] Hypnosia is excellent.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:29 pm 

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Maelstrom's This Battle to Make History, Yet History Never Comes. Basically, if Walkyier wasn't surrounded by mediocrity in Sabbat (UK) and instead had a team of great prog-oriented power/thrashing instrumentalists backing him, it might sound something like that demo. It's actually a concept demo that was supposed to become a concept album, but it fell apart when most of the band wanted to go in more of a mathcore direction, ending up forming Carbomb. Some of them have gotten back together and even rerecorded a few songs for an EP, but I'm still waiting for the full-length.

EDIT: Just noticed that Jophelerx reviewed it; sums it up very nicely.

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/M ... omes/5905/

Oh, just saw this. Thanks for the shout out man! Maelstrom is indeed some sweet stuff, vocalist is very Walkyier-esque and the music is just insane. The other demo is good too, though not quite on the level of 'This Battle to Make History...'. I might review that one eventually. Just such a unique, unknown gem, good to see other people praising it.

macmoney wrote:
Isn't there a little mindshadow in all of us? I like to think so.

Batakanda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:59 pm 

I recently searched through some bandcamp sites while listening to a few song examples of some newer, unknown bands when I suddenly came across this band.

Gambanteinn
http://gambanteinn.bandcamp.com/

Wicked Black/Thrash Metal from Finland. They, better said he (a one man band), fully understands how to combine the sheer riff-tastic vein of thrash metal with the rasping sound of black metal. Although I can't really classify the sound (from which he obtained influence) I definitely think this release could please some of you.

The first two songs of their EP called "Nielevä Pimeys" are highly recommendable!
Go check them out!

cyberscreen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:20 am 

I recently came across Evil Invaders, a Belgian band that plays modern speed/thrash that sounds ridiculously good (80's style too!). This sounds really promising, I encourage you guys to check this song out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9DsyAyQhDA

Link to their entire EP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFdo40zWvs

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:03 am 

I've become an instant fan! Cheers for the hook up. This isn't anything new in terms of originality...but they sound like a fun band who are crazy good too.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:51 am 

If you haven't heard it yet, Anacrusis - 'Manic Impressions' is some great tech/prog thrash.

Blood Feast - 'Kill for Pleasure' is recommended for those into the meaner, less technical side.

Defleshed - 'Fast Forward' is also a must for any thrash fan, but I assume you're probably familiar.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:36 pm 

Baroque1 wrote:

Spoiler: show
Ulysses Siren - Above the Ashes (2003 compilation of 80s demos)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDabrL34DLA

Target - Mission Executed (1987)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L107S-f9UbE

Bezerker - Lost (1989)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWwsUOntOs

Wrath - Nothing to Fear (1987)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcmtWHgKqEw

Aspid - Кровоизлияние (1992)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcDIgQXmAE

Coroner R.I.P. (1987)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R36wU7kzo3M

Mysto Dysto - The Rules Have Been Disturbed (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S3xcCVrzxI

Toxik - World Circus (1987)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y05N__FrwjQ

Realm -Endless War (1988)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyGD6BrCBUg

Deathrow - Deception Ignored (1988)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHkEax1vkuU

Wolf Spider - Wilczy pająk (1987)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qep3O6WIQQ8

Mekong Delta - The Music of Erich Zann (1988)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FSrqt_QwnU

Dyoxen - First Among Equals (1989)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Z-lvDtRTY

Invocator - Excursion Demise (1991)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loCxyKbFhpw

Artillery - By Inheritance (1990)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdnXvuexooI

Watchtower - Control and Resistance (1989)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EDtJBzakK0

Abuser - Threats of Fate (2009)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmDIRjMktdw

Immaculate - Atheist Crusade (2010)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7YTGEAwcSw

Most of these are technical/progressive thrash. Personal favourites would be Aspid, Bezerker, and Ulysess Siren. The last 2 are a couple of the best recent technical thrash albums. I'd also recommend using the similar artists feature as you are bound to find some more good ones there.

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:06 pm 

Nolan_B wrote:
Looking for some old Possessed type bands. Leave out the obvious.

If they're too obvious let me know:
Merciless - The Awakening (1990) (SWE) http://youtu.be/hqFN0EjOfoo
Mutilator - Immortal Force (1987) (BRA) http://youtu.be/q5MMW1uPuOA
Pentagram - Pentagram (1987) (CHL) http://youtu.be/MN-YO1wWBAo

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:08 am 

I actually knew all of those except:

AcidWorm wrote:
Ulysses Siren - Above the Ashes (2003 compilation of 80s demos)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDabrL34DLA

Mysto Dysto - The Rules Have Been Disturbed (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S3xcCVrzxI

Thanks though. I do use the similar artist feature but it doesn't capture everything. I use the advanced search feature now but it takes a good long time to sift through 200+ results. I'm making my way through them slowly.

sonofsaint
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:02 pm 

looking for angry, fast thrash(or whatever) metal with good drumming like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMx007oliiw

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTOTUi3_gio

I really dislike their newer efforts.

Could be death, black or metalcore influenced.

Anything post 2000 would be a priority.

Crypt666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:09 pm 

sonofsaint wrote:
looking for angry, fast thrash(or whatever) metal with good drumming like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMx007oliiw

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTOTUi3_gio

I really dislike their newer efforts.

Could be death, black or metalcore influenced.

Anything post 2000 would be a priority.

Death Mechanism - Human Error .. Global Terror (2006) (ITA)

Farscape - Demon's Massacre (2003) (BRA)

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:54 am 

Can I assume you know Demolition Hammer?

Nekromantheon
http://duplicaterecords.bandcamp.com/al ... y-of-death
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:19 pm 

Who do I listen to if I want thrash metal that's extremely heavily downtuned?

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:30 am 

MutantClannfear wrote:

That's tough dude most of the examples I'm thinking of are just OSDM.

Also unrelated who's heard this band Coven? They've been rocking my socks off of late. Sounds kind of like a more methodical Morbid Saint. Only 1 album though.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:09 pm 

It's pretty difficult to chance upon thrash metal downtuned beyond the usual step or so without delving into the more death metal-inflected variants-- I know Darkane comes to mind fairly quickly (they tune to drop B), but they have a prominent melodic death metal bent to their thrash as well, so they might not really be what you're looking for.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:14 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:

I can't think of any good reason to listen to downtuned thrash. At some point it becomes death metal, or you get something like new Slayer, which is thrash, I guess, but it sounds like shit.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 pm 

Exhorder's Slaughter in the Vatican
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvmCh54JVU

Infernal Majesty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmt0CpJ5t4

Couple of the more downtuned thrash bands that don't tread much into death metal territory.

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 am 

Did Exhorder really downtune all that low? I'm pretty sure they only ever tuned down to D, which I'm not sure qualifies for 'extremely heavily downtuned'.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:

Smitty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:56 pm 

Baroque1 wrote:

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:09 am 

Hi everyone! I need some underground crossover thrash recs, since the more punkish thrash metal is what I prefer. I've listened to quite a bit of thrash, so nothing too obvious. Some crossover albums I dig:

Wehrmacht - Shark attack(probably my favourite), biermacht
S.O.D. - Speak English or die
Corrosion of conformity - animosity, blind(not sure if this counts as crossover)
Iron Reagan - worse than dead (probably more hardcore than crossover)
Carnivore - carnivore, retaliation

Hope some of you can help me out!
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 136  Next