* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:39 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
Tom G. Warrior never disappoints.

you didn't think this through, did you...

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:19 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:

Err....
Spoiler: show
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:36 pm 

For anyone who might have missed it, here is a post from their official Facebook page.

Quote:
A personal message from Tom Gabriel Warrior: "The box set with extra items, limited to an edition of 2000, contains the mediabook edition of the album. It is not a Triptykon product, however, but a Century Media idea (much like the 10" box is a Nuclear Blast-only edition). I strongly dislike the CM box, and it is my personal recommendation to Triptykon's fans not to purchase it."

"CM have licensed the rights for the album and can thus market it as they wish, but that doesn't mean there are merits in such a limited edition venture. I personally feel it is in bad taste and does not represent Triptykon. All items which are officially issued by Triptykon (i.e., the mediabook CD, the pendant, and the tote bag) will be available separately through the usual outlets, so there is no need to support such a cheap and ill-fitting marekting venture."

Thoughts?

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:31 pm 

It's Tom G. Warrior speaking, so not entirely surprising.

He's been on a roll with this "no bullshit" type of attitude for quite a while.

I personally respect every artist's will to speak his mind when something bothers him from an artistic perspective.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:59 pm 

CM has been a fucking joke the past couple of years. From the stuff like this they're pulling to the bands their signing, it's clear money is their only concern.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:20 pm 

doomster999 wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

Err....

That's actually Thomas Gabriel. Not Tom G. Warrior.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 pm 

That new song is amazing!! Cannot wait to hear the rest of the album, ordered the new EP which will be great I am sure.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:29 pm 

doomster999 wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

Err....

Hahaha! True enough!

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:16 am 

raumr wrote:
For anyone who might have missed it, here is a post from their official Facebook page.

Quote:
A personal message from Tom Gabriel Warrior: "The box set with extra items, limited to an edition of 2000, contains the mediabook edition of the album. It is not a Triptykon product, however, but a Century Media idea (much like the 10" box is a Nuclear Blast-only edition). I strongly dislike the CM box, and it is my personal recommendation to Triptykon's fans not to purchase it."

"CM have licensed the rights for the album and can thus market it as they wish, but that doesn't mean there are merits in such a limited edition venture. I personally feel it is in bad taste and does not represent Triptykon. All items which are officially issued by Triptykon (i.e., the mediabook CD, the pendant, and the tote bag) will be available separately through the usual outlets, so there is no need to support such a cheap and ill-fitting marekting venture."

Thoughts?

I personally agree with what he says, I think that Tom is a very coherent person, though I would like to clarify one thing. If you have signed a contract with a label like CM you should expect these sort of releases and perhaps you should not make your disagreement public. But I don’t know, I am not even sure of what I would have done in the same case so is difficult for me to say which is the best reaction in this case.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:43 pm 

raumr wrote:

Quote:

Thoughts?

I'm torn as I really want the NB 10" box and the CM box, but if the band doesn't really support it I'm not sure I want to pour my money into two generally shitty companies

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:38 pm 

I think I'm going to order the Japanese pressing for this (shocked?) I'm not sure if bands see any royalties from licensed pressings, so I don't know if this benefits the band or not. Anyway, it has a slightly later release (April 23rd) and has a bonus track called "Into Despair". Stuff on Victor Entertainment usually has really good packaging too.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:40 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

Err....

That's actually Thomas Gabriel. Not Tom G. Warrior.

FTW!

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:48 am 

Perdition666 wrote:
I think I'm going to order the Japanese pressing for this (shocked?) I'm not sure if bands see any royalties from licensed pressings, so I don't know if this benefits the band or not. Anyway, it has a slightly later release (April 23rd) and has a bonus track called "Into Despair". Stuff on Victor Entertainment usually has really good packaging too.

Its not a bad idea because CF´s Monotheist contained an amazing bonus track in its Japanese edition. Which are the differences between both editons? do the lyrics come in Japanese or something similar?

BURlAL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:02 pm 

raumr wrote:

Quote:

Thoughts?

What exactly is this edition? I couldn't find it on CM site. link?

Im not sure why Tom would have a problem unless hes just being overly dramatic as usual.....

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 am 

This edition was announced but there are not photos:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tripty ... m-details/

"Additionally, Century Media is scheduled to issue a special box set, limited to 2000 copies. The box set will include the album, a TRIPTYKON silver pendant, a poster, postcards, a TRIPTYKON tote bag, and a cap."

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 pm 

PurpleDoom wrote:
Quote:
Also anyone else noticed Unchristian Anthem seems to have disappeared or at least changed name?

I'm guessing it either changed name or it's one of the "additional recordings" mentioned in the press release.

The song "Unchristian Anthem" is not on this record. Rather, it may be released at a later date on a subsequent EP.

_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:46 pm 

Oh Christ, is this out yet?
I need this album more than Bobby Brown needs coke.

BURlAL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:21 pm 

_MFMGW_ wrote:
Oh Christ, is this out yet?
I need this album more than Bobby Brown needs coke.

Nope,but while looking if it leaked I found another Triptykon related album.....

Jan Garbarek - Triptykon (1972)

Anyone know about it?

By_Inheritance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:34 pm 

Two new songs

Both sounds really damn good.

adace
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:09 pm 

Both songs are excellent. Can't wait for this album!

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:36 pm 

UGH!

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:42 pm 

I like that first track the most so far. It's nice to hear more of a midpaced tune...and call me crazy, but I thought the little section after the 3 minute mark has a very strong early Celtic Frost feeling which I was surprised but happy about. The other one, well, it's shorter than most of the last Triptykon album that I remember, but still lacks something. Then again, maybe both songs will grow more on me during the upcoming days.

BURlAL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:58 pm 

Eh, Im not crazy over them. They are good, but not as good as Mono/ED imo.....

seebee
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:01 pm 

Triptykon signed a contract with Century Media.
The contract says what the label can, or cannot, do with Triptykon musical offerings and related merchandise.
Tom knows exactly that money makes the world go round.
The Nuclear Blast 10" box is a OFFICIAL LICENSED EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT.
The license says that Nuclear Blast can print 750 boxes.
So, is all legal and the band TRIPTYKON is, or will be, paid for every single product sold under license, or directly, from Century Media.
So it will be for:
- the standard CD version;
- the mediabook CD version;
- the boxset CD-version;
- the 3 x 10" EP boxset;
- the double black vinyl LP;
- the double dark yellow vinyl LP;
- the double clear vinyl LP.

And, i guess, when the MiniLP (or EP) will be out, there will be a nice Picture-discs Boxset containing the 'full Melana Chasmata session', as happened with the 'Full Eparistera Daimones session'.

Nobody is 'innocent and pure' in the music business.

My personal, humble, opinion.

Last edited by seebee on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:53 am 

Just heard Breathing for the first time and that song alone is worth getting the album for. Really looking forward to this!

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:37 am 

"Breathing" kicks major ass and that trademark Warrior "Ugh" is there. "Boleskine House" is a brooding doom piece which is totally my thing. Even Crowley would've been proud. Hail master!
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:41 am 

I'm absolutely lost for words... this is like.. oh my fucking god this is so great, pre-ordering this now!

Breathing must be like the best Triptykon song ever right? I like Boleskine House, not that much though...

Fsmetalshop
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:23 pm 

Amazing band, can't wait for the new album. Why isn't this being offered as a pre-order yet? Or have I not looked close enough?

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:06 pm 

Silly me, i thought Triptykon would never top ED... i'm such silly boy

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

seebee
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:56 pm 

Fsmetalshop wrote:
Amazing band, can't wait for the new album. Why isn't this being offered as a pre-order yet? Or have I not looked close enough?

Everything is or has been offered on presale.
Check www.nuclearblast.de online shop, www.cmdistro.com .

The red vinyl version of Breathing 7" single (200 copies) is already sold out, but if you run you can buy the regular Black vinyl version (800 copies).
All the remaining edtions (normal CD, mediabook CD, boxset CD (2000 copies), 3 x 10" EP boxset (750 copies), 2 x LP black vinyl, 2 x LP dark yellow vinyl and 2 x LP clear vinyl) are still available as of now.
Anyway you better act very fast, i mean NOW, if you want to buy some of the items which are very limited.
I think the normal CD + Mediabook CD + the double black vinyl will remain in catalogue, 'cause they're not limited.

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:54 pm 

Breathing kicks so much ass I want to break something.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:42 am 

Oh my god, songs aren't supposed to be THIS good...

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:02 am 

Breathing is quite good, very aggressive and fast song, but Boleskine House makes me feel really excited, those doomy riffs and hypnotic female vocals...I just love them. I hope this girl sings more in the album, because she does an amazing work.

This album is a must for me; hope it is more similar to Monotheist, because that album was simply perfect.

druivo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:30 am 

Both songs are really good, this new album is gonna kick ass.

syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:45 am 

The EP arrived today, can't wait to finish work (11 hours shifts suck when there's music to listen to) so I can get in and have a proper listen. I listened to 'Breathing' on soundcloud and thought it was pretty good but would like to have a few listens to make a proper judgement on the songs.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:11 am 

Got the 7" a few days ago in the mail, it sounded better than I could've hoped. Looking forward to the new album!

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:52 am 

An about-face from the official Facebook page:

Quote:
Triptykon Announce Melana Chasmata Special Limited Edition Box Set

Triptykon and Century Media Records/Prowling Death Records are proud to announce a special limited edition box set of the band's second album, Melana Chasmata, containing the album's main Mediabook CD edition as well as a selection of unique Triptykon paraphernalia. The Melana Chasmata Mediabook features a 32-page booklet and an additional 12-panel fold-out cross-booklet; the paraphernalia comprises a silver Triptykon-"T" necklace, 2 specially manufactured Triptykon candles, a Triptykon tote bag, a poster, and 3 postcards.

The box set will be limited to 2000 copies worldwide.

Tom Gabriel Warrior: "Some time ago, I voiced my personal disapproval regarding the original concept for the planned Triptykon Melana Chasmata box set as scheduled for release by our licensing partner, Century Media Records.

It is to Century Media Records' credit that they listened and subsequently approached me to address my misgivings and create a box set that represents the group's ideas and intentions far more comprehensively. I am grateful for such an open and creative collaboration, and I deeply respect Century Media Records for sparing neither effort nor expenditure to please Triptykon and the band's audience.

I wish record labels would have acted like this in the 1980s."

Help me out here. Has the box set changed appreciably or has someone tugged Tom's leash to bring him back into line?
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:26 am 

I was asking myself the same thing. The only thing I know is that it costs 44 € plus shipping costs, which in my case increases the total cost up to 58 €, uff too much. :(

BURlAL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:27 am 

ENKC wrote:
An about-face from the official Facebook page:

Quote:
Triptykon Announce Melana Chasmata Special Limited Edition Box Set

Triptykon and Century Media Records/Prowling Death Records are proud to announce a special limited edition box set of the band's second album, Melana Chasmata, containing the album's main Mediabook CD edition as well as a selection of unique Triptykon paraphernalia. The Melana Chasmata Mediabook features a 32-page booklet and an additional 12-panel fold-out cross-booklet; the paraphernalia comprises a silver Triptykon-"T" necklace, 2 specially manufactured Triptykon candles, a Triptykon tote bag, a poster, and 3 postcards.

The box set will be limited to 2000 copies worldwide.

Tom Gabriel Warrior: "Some time ago, I voiced my personal disapproval regarding the original concept for the planned Triptykon Melana Chasmata box set as scheduled for release by our licensing partner, Century Media Records.

It is to Century Media Records' credit that they listened and subsequently approached me to address my misgivings and create a box set that represents the group's ideas and intentions far more comprehensively. I am grateful for such an open and creative collaboration, and I deeply respect Century Media Records for sparing neither effort nor expenditure to please Triptykon and the band's audience.

I wish record labels would have acted like this in the 1980s."

Help me out here. Has the box set changed appreciably or has someone tugged Tom's leash to bring him back into line?

Looks the same to me......maybe Tom was just pissed because he wasn't asked approval of it at first?

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:55 am 

or maybe century media used a stick and/or carrot on tom after seeing his initial reaction

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next