Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 pm 

Dark Descent is putting out Thantifaxath's new full-length in 6 weeks. Hell fucking yes.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/thanifaxath-song-stream

Ryvius Christos Viridis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:49 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Dark Descent is putting out Thantifaxath's new full-length in 6 weeks. Hell fucking yes.

^^^ that was sick. you can call me an insta-fan of that band.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:03 pm 

Noneuclid, a semi-supergroup comprising of members from Obscura, Dark Fortress and Triptykon, have released a song of their new album. It's got a Nevermore vibe. Well, somewhat.

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2014/02 ... -alkaloid/

Didn't think it was worth an entire thread to itself, so posting it here.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:26 pm 

Ryvius Christos Viridis wrote:
narsilianshard wrote:

^^^ that was sick. you can call me an insta-fan of that band.

They're a great band. Seen them live many times and am always left hungry for more...always a good sign. Glad they're finally getting an album out!
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:57 pm 

CF_Mono wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RIN_yFOno

These guys are releasing their first album. Someone was playing random songs on soundcloud as bumper music for a stoner metal show I went to last weekend, and this song played, I thought it was one of the most crushing doom songs I've heard in years, so I asked what was playing, and they said Monolord. Needless to say this could be a classic debut in the making.

Discovered this the other day and now I'm looking forward to the album too. Sounds a lot like The Moon Mistress and that's why I love it.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:09 pm 

Hymnofwolves wrote:
Svartidaudi - new mlp

Yeah, so new track is up for streaming - http://svartidaudi.bandcamp.com/

The Animator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:48 pm 

It looks like the new Crosswind album may finally be coming out this year. An update on their facebook page:

Quote:
Oh and by the way, keep an eye on us in the following weeks for news regarding the release of our brand NEW album!

Yes, it is ready \m/

Cheers,
CROSSWIND

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:36 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Hymnofwolves wrote:
Svartidaudi - new mlp

Oh yes. new track sounds excellent once again. cannot wait for this one

Hymnofwolves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:33 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Hymnofwolves wrote:
Svartidaudi - new mlp

Yes indeed, a very great track that proved itself live already. If I'm correct, this will be the other track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlIVSQT6Qak

Last edited by Hymnofwolves on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:33 pm 

The Animator wrote:
It looks like the new Crosswind album may finally be coming out this year. An update on their facebook page:

Quote:
Oh and by the way, keep an eye on us in the following weeks for news regarding the release of our brand NEW album!

Yes, it is ready \m/

Cheers,
CROSSWIND

Ah yeah, their Opposing Forces/Beyond demo kills. Great speed/power metal.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:14 pm 

Speaking of speed/power metal (albeit more power than speed) the new Primal Fear was better than I thought it would be. Definitely on my "to-buy" list of new releases for sure, along with Ringworm, Lvcifyre, Wounded Kings, Nocturnal (Ger) and Diocletian.

gettammy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:00 pm 

So looking forward to some new Metallica stuff!!! :)

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:36 pm 

There isn't a working album title as of yet but all I know is Wolvhammer are in the studio to record their third album. This is good news.
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... the-studio

Last edited by shouvince on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:46 pm 

Apart from Misery Index and hopefully Cannibal Corpse, I'm really curious of the new Nightbringer. They've got some samples from the upcoming album on their fecesbook, and it sounds really promising. Oh, and the new Sargeist too... how could I almost forget that?

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:39 pm 

Speaking of Sargeist, they released a new track after complaining on Facebook about what I assume was an album leak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvghkTOppI

Really love the deeper vox that come and go. And the main melody.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:32 pm 

made a list so I could keep an eye on certain releases, I noticed we'll be having another good year of death metal (a lot of veteran death metal bands seem to be unleashing new material upon our ears, such as Cannibal Corpse, Grave, Malevolent Creation, Sinister, Autopsy, Massacre, Vader, Obituary, Incantation,... )

- Massacre - Back From Beyond
- At The Gates - At War With Reality
- Entombed - Back To The Front
- Autopsy - Tourniquets, Hacksaws and Graves
- Sinister - The Post-Apocalyptic Servant
- Vader - Tibi et Igni
- Resurrection - Soul Descent - March Of Death
- Aborted - The Necrotic Manifesto
- Misery Index - The Killing Gods
- Hour Of Penance - Regicide
- Origin - Omnipresent
- Disbelief - Full Of Terrors
- The Crown - Death Is Not Dead
- Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
- Arch Enemy - War Eternal
- Septic Flesh - Titan
- Sabaton - Heroes
- Austrian Death Machine - Triple Brutal
- Vallenfyre - Splinters
- Archspire - The Lucid Collective
- Beneath - The Barren Throne
- Megascavenger - At The Plateaus Of Leng
- Deathronation - Hallow The Dead
- Winter Of Sin - Violence Reigns Supreme
- Moker - Satan's Den
- Pestifer - Reaching The Void
- Rude - Soul Recall
- Bombs Of Hades - Atomic Temples
- Exoto - Beyond The Depths Of Hate
- Antropomorphia - Rites Ov Perversion
- Desecresy - Chasmic Transcendence
- Insomnium - Shadows Of The Dying Sun

and it ain't over yet, since these bands are either in writing mode/planning to release an album in 2014:

- Bloodbath -tba
- Illdisposed - tba
- Evocation - tba
- Malevolent Creation - tba
- Cannibal Corpse - tba
- Aeon - tba
- Obituary - tba
- Dying Fetus - tba
- Nervecell - tba
- Grave - tba
- Incantation - tba
- Hate Eternal - tba
- Decapitated - tba
- Psycroptic - tba
- Beyond Creation - tba
- Augury - tba
- Abysmal Dawn - tba
- Dawn Of Demise - tba
- Insision - tba
- Goatwhore - tba
- The Haunted - tba
- In Flames - tba
- Anaal Nathrakh - tba
- Vektor - tba
- The Absence - tba
- Machine Head - tba
- Soulburn - tba
- Thanatos - tba
- Hackneyed - tba
- Belphegor - tba
- Entrapment - tba
- Deadly Remains - tba
- Cavalera Conspiracy - tba
- Overkill - tba
- Fleshcrawl - tba
- Cattle Decapitation - tba
- Opeth - tba

it's lookin' good ^^

oh yeah and ofcourse:

Spoiler: show

HeavyMetalGamer666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:57 am 

Helstar's new album "This Wicked Nest"

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:54 pm 

Profound Lore put the new Coffinworm up and I'm really digging it so far. Nice to see an Indianapolis band getting so much underground attention.

http://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/iv-i-viii

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:39 pm 

The new Overkill album's officially titled White Devil Armory with more information in the coming weeks. It's currently in the mixing stage.

Although Alex Bouks is no longer in Incantation, he did contribute significantly to the songwriting on the new album which is being mixed by Dan Swano and has a tentative May release.

As a heads up, the new Resurrection is only an EP instead of a full-length, and the bassist/vocalist whom recorded it isn't even in the band anymore. Also, according to Phil himself, the new Malevolent Creation release is titled The Path of Malevolence - Chapter 1 with the other half coming later this year. It'd be kind of really shitty if they're both EP's instead of full-length albums because what the hell's the point of that? Although given how things are in MC these days, it wouldn't surprise me if that was indeed the case.

I'd wager that new Dying Fetus will probably come out next year instead of this year, but I've been surprised before. Aeon's got a bunch of live dates lined up as well, so I wouldn't expect anything from them soon either, but again...

Also, I'm pretty much done waiting on that new Disgorge album which has been promised since, what, 2012? Late 2011? I've convinced myself that the fucking thing hasn't even been recorded yet.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Sestren
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:12 am 

Am highly looking forward to...

Anubis Gate - Horizons
Mekong Delta - In a Mirror Darkly
Overkill - White Devil Armory

Am not too excited about Galma Ray's release. I don't like the whole stupid cheessy face paint they put on themselves. Makes me think that it isn't gonna be a serious album. More like an album they were trying to have "fun" with. At least that is the vibe am getting but I will check it out still and hopefully like it.

I would pove to see if Virgin Steele has something to show too. Other than that, I would like something from Iron Maiden.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:00 am 

androdion wrote:
Although I love Merkur the rest has been hit and miss for me. If they get back on track though I'm game. :nods:

Merkur was a truly unique album and unmatched in quality. I don't see a lot of bands replicating that kind of masterpiece, but I still thought the last album was a good listen, and their earlier work is fun too. I'm totally looking forward to this.

I'm going to drop Monolord here. I heard their single as bumper music in a local show a while ago. Instantly filled with anticipation of their debut in April.

EDIT: Oops, haha, I already mentioned them in this thread.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:56 am 

[quote="Machine_Dead"]made a list so I could keep an eye on certain releases, I noticed we'll be having another good year of death metal (a lot of veteran death metal bands seem to be unleashing new material upon our ears, such as Cannibal Corpse, Grave, Malevolent Creation, Sinister, Autopsy, Massacre, Vader, Obituary, Incantation,... )

Shit, didnt know about Sinister..and its being released right around the new Vader. The cover looks badass.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:28 am 

CF_Mono wrote:
androdion wrote:
Although I love Merkur the rest has been hit and miss for me. If they get back on track though I'm game. :nods:

Merkur was a truly unique album and unmatched in quality. I don't see a lot of bands replicating that kind of masterpiece, but I still thought the last album was a good listen, and their earlier work is fun too. I'm totally looking forward to this.

Yeah, last one wasn't bad, as weren't the ones before Merkur. The dip in quality though...

The thing that annoyed me about The Old Chamber was how they went from very dynamic and progressive (in terms of rhythmic changes) songwriting into a mid-paced rocker of an album that's completely unidimensional. Good and overall decent, but samey to the bone. There's no jazzy break into blast beat and all that stuff that made Merkur a beast of an album. I guess that's why I felt it was so disappointing to me in the end.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:28 pm 

androdion wrote:
CF_Mono wrote:

Yeah, last one wasn't bad, as weren't the ones before Merkur. The dip in quality though...

The thing that annoyed me about The Old Chamber was how they went from very dynamic and progressive (in terms of rhythmic changes) songwriting into a mid-paced rocker of an album that's completely unidimensional. Good and overall decent, but samey to the bone. There's no jazzy break into blast beat and all that stuff that made Merkur a beast of an album. I guess that's why I felt it was so disappointing to me in the end.

Might I suggest you listen to Valborg then? It's on the same label and has some of the same members. In fact, almost all of the bands on the Zeitgeister label are just as fantastic as you could imagine. Valborg though is like the progressive death/doom cousin of Klabautamann. It has all these clean and slow interludes mixed in with suspended chords and weirdness. 2009's Glorification of Pain is my favorite, but Crown of Sorrow and Barbarian are also fantastic records.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:11 pm 

That song was... I don't know, bizarre?! I do know I've been meaning to explore the Zeitgeister family ever since I've heard Merkur. Guess that time has come, thanks for the tip. ;)

rocksrocks
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm 

No one is saying anything about "Hour of Penance" upcoming Regicide...Dogma is really growing inside,,We have to kill the king unless we all will be swamped in the pathetic lump.

Spoiler: show

Waiting for the most Unprecedented one,,,See what's bands says about this.

"the CD is described by the band as "a bone-crushing feast for old and new fans...more varied and brutal than everything we've done so far."

Check the Bandcamp page if you wish to shatter your lazy ear,

http://hourofpenance.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by Metantoine on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler added.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:22 am 

If Machine_Dead's list is accurate then that is fucking unbelievable. I'm sure I won't listen to, let alone buy, more than a fraction of those albums, but just knowing they exist (if maybe not all in a finished state) is overwhelming.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 am 

I plan on ordering the new Ringworm the day it comes out if not the day before, and I have a few favorites from 2013 - Integrity, Gorguts, Deafheaven - that I'm finally going to buy in physical form. With the pace of really good releases coming out (and I'm sure I've missed plenty more) I don't see how anyone can think the metal or hardcore genres are in trouble right now. Sure deathcore (and metalcore for that matter) mostly sucks, but I tend to eschew the more popular bands for the ones that appeal to me personally. I'm 29 and I've never been as excited about contemporary heavy music as I am right now.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:00 am 

Pestifer (prog/tech death metal band from Belgium) just released a new song on youtube, and I am stoked for this one! awesome stuff, I think the tech death junkies might wanna check into this... Recommendable if you like stuff like Obscura, Spawn Of Possession, The Faceless, Beyond Creation,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PLgvVwfJfY

Exigence

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:04 am 

I'm out of the loop on this year's extreme releases. I'd also like more information regarding the upcoming Judas Priest - and also, what the fuck is going on with King Diamond? He was on the cover of Decibel 2 months ago and yet still no word confirming a new studio album. Arrrrrggghhhhhh.

My list is pretty small: Tarot, Overkill, Accept and yes....finally...the immortal Sabaton. New album has 5 bonus tracks, including covers of Metallica, Raubtier and Battle Beast. Can't wait!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:22 pm 

Machine_Dead wrote:
Pestifer (prog/tech death metal band from Belgium) just released a new song on youtube, and I am stoked for this one! awesome stuff, I think the tech death junkies might wanna check into this... Recommendable if you like stuff like Obscura, Spawn Of Possession, The Faceless, Beyond Creation,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PLgvVwfJfY

Oh, another Pestifer fan?! Cool! :D

Yeah, I'm also anticipating that one, although I must say I don't know if they're going to keep the style of the debut or go for a different thing with this new album. I'm quite curious about it to be honest.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:53 pm 

Apart from a lot of the stuff already mentioned, I'll throw in Mithras - On Strange Loops and Sickening Horror - Overflow. Both bands have some really interesting death metal records in their catalogue, so I'm stoked.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:57 pm 

Phobocosm are set to release a new album soon, new track has just been released, sounds really promising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gSVoTNYRLY

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:58 pm 

Easily gonna become the best death metal band from Québec. I've seen them live last year opening for Adversarial and they were awesome!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:10 pm 

That was pretty cool.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:57 pm 

The Skull, which is now comprised of four former members of Trouble, is planning their debut full-length album for an autumn release to follow on their first single "Sometime Yesterday Mourning" with a rerecording of "The Last Judgement" as the b-side. I have all the love and respect in the world for the current incarnation of Trouble and The Distortion Field is still every bit as fresh to me now as it was last summer (Being a bit of a Kyle Thomas fanboy certainly helps,) but I'd be dishonest if I said that The Skull didn't have my undivided attention now... especially with the addition of Chuck Robinson on guitar.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:07 am 

How well does Thomas fit with the Trouble style? I only know him for his thrash-style vocals in Exhorder.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty juiced about the fact that Teitanblood, Impetuous Ritual, and Diocletian all have new stuff coming out. Seems like a good year for chaotic/insane death metal already.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:09 am 

Now that it is official: Overkill - White Devil Armory.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:22 am 

Gore__Grinder wrote:
Phobocosm are set to release a new album soon, new track has just been released, sounds really promising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gSVoTNYRLY

sounds a hell of a lot like dead congregation

which is obviously a good thing

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:28 am 

Jimmy Calhoun wrote:
How well does Thomas fit with the Trouble style? I only know him for his thrash-style vocals in Exhorder.

I'd recommend checking out the Alabama Thunderpussy album Open Fire as well as Penalty by his short-lived band Floodgate to get a feel for his approach nowadays. Perhaps the lone Pitts vs. Preps album, too. While his spitfire aggression in Exhorder still peeked out from time to time in those examples, moreso with Floodgate, he also showed off a much more melodic, baritone crooning delivery that he utilizes fully in Trouble. He doesn't sound like nor attempt to ape Eric Wagner to me, but there are some points where he's reminiscent. My stance has been that the band was never interested in looking for that kind of a replacement vocalist to begin with, thus the choice to try with Kory Clarke and Kyle previously performing with them live briefly in the late '90s. The other thing to keep in mind is that The Distortion Field forgoes not all, but most of the psychedelia in the last few albums in favor of classic doom with strong traditional heavy metal influences. If that combination interests you, and if you're welcome to the idea that a band's songwriting identity doesn't have to be strictly attributed to one vocalist, you might enjoy it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next