Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MegaMal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:18 am 

Not bad for a first announcement (as usual).

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:15 am 

Well fuck me... Emperor spearheading the 2014 edition! Time to start saving money! :hyper:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:38 am 

Anyone else find it kind of hilarious that plastered right next to Emperor's logo is Trivium?

Also, seeing the Death logo by itself with no "to All" under it is strange.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:44 am 

Subrick wrote:
Anyone else find it kind of hilarious that plastered right next to Emperor's logo is Trivium?

Also, seeing the Death logo by itself with no "to All" under it is strange.

True on both accounts. It's Hellfest though so it really isn't such a big surprise, they pull stuff like that year after year. What's cool is that you can easily avoid such bands given their placement in thematic stages separated by musical style. One curious thing though is that Watain was elevated to the headlining condition, this after not being so back in 2010 (or was it 2011?!).

Death without the "to all" seems a lot like a marketing antic for the less aware European masses. Sure smells like that to me.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:27 pm 

Well Watain weren't on Century Media in 2010-2011. Signing to a major label like that can do wonders for where you're positioned on festival lineups. Hopefully they have more than three songs from The Wild Hunt in the set, and even more hopefully they play something like "They Rode On" or "Outlaws". I'm intrigued as to how a live Watain crowd would react to tunes like those.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:36 pm 

I don't believe they can muster the reaction you're after though, not after nothing happened when Morbid Angel played some of the dreadful songs of Illud a few years back. People are there just for the fun of it, they don't take "trueness" too seriously.

Dunwitch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:53 pm 

hey guys I have a question:
I'm seriously thinking of going to Hellfest 2014 (never been before)
but I'm afraid if the tickets will sell out before I decide If I can go or not.
Do you know if they usually sell out quick?
thanks

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:58 pm 

Good thing you have a fellow countryman in here. ;)

They usually don't sell out, and in fact by April/May 3-day passes are normally still available. But with that line-up, and more importantly with Maiden/Deep Purple/Sabbath?! I think this might be the first year they go out before their time. Do you want to fly or go by bus? If you have an eye on the later there are a couple of tours made every year, just contact Metalhead Events for instance (it's organized by Jó from Theriomorphic).

Hope that helped.

Dunwitch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:26 am 

androdion wrote:
Good thing you have a fellow countryman in here. ;)

They usually don't sell out, and in fact by April/May 3-day passes are normally still available. But with that line-up, and more importantly with Maiden/Deep Purple/Sabbath?! I think this might be the first year they go out before their time. Do you want to fly or go by bus? If you have an eye on the later there are a couple of tours made every year, just contact Metalhead Events for instance (it's organized by Jó from Theriomorphic).

Hope that helped.

Thanks a lot man!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:48 am 

As I mentioned in the other Hellfest thread, I got my 3 day pass a couple days ago. This is gonna be not just my first real big metal fest, but my first time in Europe altogether. A friend of mine and a group of his friends were already planning on going, and after I told him I bought my pass he and the rest of them bought their's and kind of "adopted" me into their travel group.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:01 am 

That's pretty cool. These kind of festivals are always cooler when you get to enjoy them with a troupe. ;)

You might want to check their website for info regarding the shuttles, housing and general info. They usually have a lot of available information, in English too, and it's actually very useful. Be aware of illegal substances and general mayhem a drunk partying troupe can cause, and I warn you of this because the French police is very rigid, and even more at the time of the festival. One year we had our two tour buses detoured at the entrance of Clisson. They frisked us and brought in "DEA dogs" if you catch my drift. We lost more than two hours just there... They also keep a track record of foreign citizens doing illegal shit for three years, so if you happen to get caught you just can't do it again, or else you'll see yourself in front of a judge and facing criminal charges.

It's not as bad as I make it sound though, they're just doing their job. But since it's your premiere I thought I should warn you about this. Oh, and you can't make fires in the camping, so no barbecues too. :(

Bosj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:25 pm 

I'm upping this since I don't know where else I could write (please pardon me if this is the wrong place to ask). A friend of mine would like to come to HF, but since he hadn't purchased the tickets on time and now the fest is sold out, he needs to find someone who's selling his ticket.
Anybody here, maybe? Or could you suggest a place to start looking for it?
http://www.aristocraziawebzine.com/en/manifesto-en
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/AristocraziaOfficial

My tradelist:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=103549

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:32 am 

Really weird how Watain & Iced Earth take precedence over Behemoth. Looks cool anyway.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 pm 

Well if you've seen the full lineup poster, you'd know that's not really the case.

Watain may be headlining the Temple stage on Friday, but Behemoth are playing the second main stage as direct openers to Iced Earth and Emperor on Sunday.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 pm 

If anybody is in need of a 3 day pass, I'm selling one. I can't afford the trip over there. PM me if you're interested in buying.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:43 am 

Fuck man, no MA reunion then?! :(

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:59 pm 

Well that was quick. Sold the ticket within 12 hours of putting it up on eBay. Got a fair amount higher than what I originally bought it for.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:35 pm 

That shouldn't have been a surprise though. If I sold my ticket now I'd easily get twice as much as it originally costed, probably even more.

Reply to topic