Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:33 am 

Napero wrote:
HIM's first EP, Prologue: 666 Ways to Love... and "Wicked Game's" catchiness factor runs through the roof..

Had to listen to this as I really like this song... not too bad I guess, but I'll still take the original though :wink:

What I have is mostly personal treasures, which probably have nothing of worth monetary-wise, but means a lot to me.

My copy of the almost unknown (or even cared about) German black metal act Har Shatan and the His Legacy vinyl, which was only pressed in 99 copies (mine being no. 47), is a firm favourite, and personal treasure, as the album is a great example of traditional black metal done right - and the fact the each record has the center discs hand drawn by the guitarist/main man behind this act makes more special for mine. Har Shatan are a filthily shining example that black metal's corpse is still a force...

My copy of Celtic Frost's Tragic Serenades 12" is another gem that I treasure highly, due to the fact that CF were at the forefront of my metallic evolution into harsher, nastier aspects of metal in general... oh and the songs rule too.

My Under One Flag vinyl copy of Bathory - ...The Return is an absolute prized possession. This slab of primal darkness was also another early album that completely obliterated me on my very first listens when I was but a young individual and has been a benchmark of what I consider disgusting, grimy black metal to be.

My original DSP presses of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, Vikingligr Veldi and The Awakening all rank high as albums I'm happy to own, considering when I bought them (not long after their release that is). These albums have stood the test of time and carry a sense of quality and... authenticity that seems to be lacking now. Call that nostalgia from an old bastard if you will, but I stand by that.

My Bathory Jubileum t-shirt is another. Never seen another anywhere. Gettin' a bit old now...

My Coroner cd/vinly - don't care about their worth, financially speaking (but hearing they're hard to come by or whatever is interesting), but this means nothing to me, as the music speaks for itself...

My collection

bluwarguy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:37 pm 

my (original release) copy of Lunar Strain

bluwarguy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:45 pm 

that, or my copy of element eightys mercuric

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:05 pm 

Let's see:

Burzum - Burzum DSP is probably the most expensive of the bunch. I'm not sure how valuable is a first press for Deicide's S/T.

Now, in a more rare denomination, I have a Vintersorg - Cosmic Genesis digi, which is extremely rare. From the obsessed fans and the very same Andreas Hedlund, no one else seems to have it. This version is not listed on discogs.

There was a brazilian label called Somber Music which released licensed copies from various stuff, also releasing slipcase versions of Till Fjälls and Ödemarkens Son. Again, it looks like they are very hard to find and are very beautiful btw. Not listed on Discogs either.

I also own a lot of chilean first press releases, including old stuff like Pentagram, Dorso, Death Yell, Atomic Aggressor and many more. I have the whole Unaussprechlichen Kulten discography and some other hard to find items like the Magnanimvs 7", the Bestial Mockery/Force of Darkness 7" split, FoD debut via Proselytism, the 2 cassette versions of Dominus Xul's debut, Hominis Nocturna's Ep (not listed in MA) + Live at Musicamara and stuff like that.

Oh, and I have tons of cassettes for old death and black metal bands. On the top of my head I have Infernal Torment's Man's true Nature, Baphomet's The Dead Shall Inherit, both Morgoth's Cursed and Odium, Ghost's The Lost of Mercy, The whole Cannibal Corpse discography until Bloodthirst, Disincarnate's debut, Obituary's first 3 albums, Morbid Angel's albums up to Formulas, Grond's Shattenthron demo signed by Infinitus, Revenant's Prophecies, Phlebotomy's Dawn of Grief, Mythic's Mourning in Winter Soltice's ep, Rottevore's first album, first 2 Empyrium albums and many more.

Pig Benis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:53 am 

forgot about this

SolstafirAquilaria
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:15 pm 

Probably my copy of Pallbearer's 2010 demo. Limited to 120 handnumbered copies. Still is sort of weird to me that they blew up as much as they did, haha.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:38 pm 

I just remembered I've got something I've never seen anywhere other than the shop I bought it. It's a release that contains Immortal's first two albums on one disc, in A5 format, with a big picture of Abbath and a band biography inside. I don't even know if it's official. Has anyone here seen it?

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:45 pm 

Perhaps my most prized item (second of course to my copy of Flittering's 'Gloom' :wink: ) is Noenum's 'Black Esoteric Evangelium.' It became a favorite of mine ever since terrordread introduced me to it years ago. It's decently rare at 666 copies, nice grey/white splatter vinyl.

I believe my rarest/most limited is, despite being a recent issue, the picture disc of Inquisition's 'Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult' from Hells Headbangers at 111 copies. It's nicely done I will say, and of course a great album.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:17 pm 

An original first press of David Bowie's Young Americans. Still smells like cocaine.

Last.fm

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 pm 

Napero wrote:
If pure monetary value is the measuring stick here, it would be HIM's first EP, Prologue: 666 Ways to Love, which I got second-hand for 8 FIM, or about 1.2€. Hasn't gotten much play, but I've once seen it go on eBay for 1805 US$, and it fetches regularly something between 300...700€. The last song on it is actually pretty good, and "Wicked Game's" catchiness factor runs through the roof...

I have that EP too! Mine is really close to mint condition, and I have it stored in a plastic sleeve so I can keep it that way. I can't believe a copy went for $1,805.00 on Ebay. That's insane!

It's weird how the band still hasn't reissued that EP yet. They must not be happy with it.

Windom Earle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:53 pm 

Ghosts and Vodka album that is pretty awesome. Metallica 'Creeping Death' vinyl album. Leviathan 'Massive Conspiracy" ... but I'd trade that for Lurker of Chalice haha ... I don't know my collection sucks.

Rasc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:21 pm 

I bought a DSP release of De Mysteriis dom Sathanas in perfect state for 25 R$ (maybe 12 dollars?) in a small store, from a guy who didn't find the price tag and just guessed that was a fair price. Poor soul.

Not that it's metal or that you've heard of it, but I've got the first two vinyl releases of Secos e Molhados, a folk rock band, that my father bought back in the early seventies. They were pretty popular in Brazil, mainly after the vocalist followed a solo career, but as most vinyls released in Latin America back that time, it was a short cut. Can't find anything in Discogs to tell prices, but I found a shitty copy of one of them 180 dollars on ebay.

Star-Gazer
Trust and you'll be trusted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:55 pm 

Destroyer 666 - Violence is the Prince of this World vinyl
Vaginal jesus - Beat Rodney Down

Johnny82
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm 

I sold off most of my CD collection a few years ago, unfortunately. I needed to clear up some space, and I also needed some quick cash at the time. But I kept some that are special to me.

All are non-remastered/original pressings.

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden, Killers, TNOTB, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, Live After Death
Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules, The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, Tyr
Slayer - Show No Mercy, Reign In Blood
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business..., Rust In Peace, Countdown To Extinction
Metal Church - Metal Church
Mercyful Fate - Melissa, Don't Break The Oath
King Diamond - Abigail (Japanese release), Them
Pantera - Power Metal
Europe - Europe, Wings Of Tomorrow

Metal Shark
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:48 am 

zatoth12 wrote:
-The two pencil sketch studies I did of Blasphemer for the first of the three "Black Wings" pieces that Blasphemer signed
-the Peter Beste photo of Blasphemer (it is currently at the frame shop)(if you go to his blog site, Beste has it marked sold)
-a signed pencil sketch Roger Dean did in one of my sketchbooks at NEARfest
-a photo from a German photographer of Dave Brock of Hawkwind and Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet performing at Sweden Rock Fest
-Time of the Hawklords original publication by Mike Butterworth

Music wise-
-The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath a Cloud cd (it looks like a Latin name)
-Hawkwind metal plaque with cd
-Archangels of the Sex Rule Destruction of the Regime cassette
-Ava Inferi Onyx signed by Blasphemer

ah! you ARE here! cool!

slaveraider
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:54 pm 

My original blue ring copy of Rage For Order. Only a few hundred copies were pressed on CD. I won't take that disc anywhere. Made an EAC and burned a copy to take in my car. That's the rarest I have in metal and also my most prized album. The rarest thing I own at all, would be White Sister's debut the Japanese 1st press. I think it's a crappy album I just picked it up at a garage sale for about 50 cents and figured I could sell it for a lot more. It was barely played. Then I found out it was only worth about $15 so I just haven't bothered. http://www.discogs.com/buy/CD/White-Sis ... ev=bp_titl definitely not my most prized album.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:30 am 

Just got an original 1985 vinyl pressing of 'Tim' by The Replacements - not remotely metal but who cares? - for 25 bucks in an EBay auction, which is about half as much as I've seen it for anywhere else. The guy was nice enough to offer free shipping too.

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:27 am 

Axiom-Vicious Circle org press still sealed

DarknessCrave
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:25 pm 

My Pentagram (Chile) compilation tape limited to 66 copies.

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:40 pm 

I don't have any idea how rare it is, but it was a treat to find Orthodox by Krabathor a few years back at a record shop. Definitely not something I expected to find.

I've got about 15 setlists that I've collected over the past 4 years, as well as 6 guitar/bass picks from various bands. Besides 4 other autographed things (which is cheating as far as how "rare" something is in my eyes), that's pretty much all I have. Oh... uhh... and a water bottle Corpsegrinder threw to me... but to be honest, I'm not sure how satisfied I am with my mental health that I actually kept it.

As far as setlists, I have 2 D.R.I., Cannibal Corpse, Destruction, Municipal Waste, Speedwolf, 1349, Accept, English Dogs, 666 Pack (shitty hardcore band from Denver), Triptykon, and Overkill. I have a bass pick from D.D. Verni, and guitar picks from Mike (Destruction), Wolf Hoffman, Lee Altus, and Dylan Thomas (Landmine Marathon). I have another pick with a Jagermeister logo on one side, but I unfortunately cannot remember who I got it from.

For autographs, I've got a Michael Angelo Batio poster, a Skeletonwitch shirt, a Poophead Mustaine book, and a copy of Corrosion of Conformity's self-titled album. I don't care much for autographs, but I don't dislike them I suppose.

omikiron666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:21 am 

Shit, where to begin. I will list some of the stuff I can't find anymore or got lucky to get.

Very rare stuff.

Aborted - Coronary Reconstruction digipak (never see this on EBay)
Bloodbath- Unblessing the Purity ( fucking love this htf treasure)
The Berzerker - The Reawakening (took forever to find)
The Project Hate MCMXCIX - In Hora Mortis Nostrae ( Got this from Lord K, hard as fuck to find).
The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Cadaverous Retaliation Agenda (limited to 200 copies)

Not metal but I cherish my complete collection of Pig/Raymond Watts albums.

alossfourwords
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:00 pm 

No definite value at the moment, but definitely rare: Yellow Eyes - The Desert Mourns ep w/ blue cover art. 1 of ~5

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:17 pm 

Though this is not related to music, the rarest item in my collection is a perfect copy of the All Stars #2 fanzine edited in 1970 by Gary Arlington. Great rare art by Steve Ditko, Roger Brand, Robert Crumb, Steve Clay Wilson, Jeff Jones, Al Williamson, Reed Crandall, and hunted it a long time before this copy surfaced on eBay... Followed by Clay Wilson's portfolio, guess this is rarer nowadays even than Air Pirates issues (which harbor some really fucking fat prices).

Ogerz001
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:00 am 

these are easily the rarest in my collection that are worth a bit.
Impact - Take the Pain (Cassette)
Mephisto / Mergus - Split (Cassette)
Mergus - Veni, Vidi... Vinci!!! (Cassette)
Sparto - Todos Juntos (Cassette)
Foreign Legion - Julie (LP)

my most valued are the ones I got signed at show. But these two stand out the most.
A Hill to Die Upon - Infinite Titanic Immortal
A Hill to Die Upon - Omens

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:55 am 

Some of mine:

Mysto Dysto - The Rules Have Been Disturbed (LP, probably less than 500 made)
Pulmonary Abscess - The Greedy Ilness (300 made, no reissues)
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter
Resurrection - Embalmed Existence clear vinyl
Dave Mustaine's wristband I caught at a show

Liquid_Braino
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:24 pm 

Most of my rare vinyls aren't metal, but I do own a couple of old ones that seem pretty rare:

Sacrilege - Behind The Realms Of Madness (paid 5 bucks new for this in the 80s, still mint)
Post Mortem - Coroner's Office (clear vinyl from 1986, also mint)

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:34 pm 

Light Bringer "Midnight Circus" is my most prized CD now. Its one of my favorite CDs and I spent a lot to acquire it. I have no idea why that album became so expensive and hard to get... its not like its that old or anything.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:36 pm 

So I got one of these today and I think it might be a new nominee for one of the rarest things I own: http://www.discogs.com/Khanate-Live-WFM ... ase/670415

J_Ason
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:38 pm 

My most expensive item is Sabbat's The Dwelling, original pressing with gold cover art. You can usually buy it for 300-400 $ on eBay, but sometimes you can get it for cheaper. I got it for 65 $, which is I think the third time it's gone for under 150 $ since I started following the search 1-2 years ago. I also have Nile's Ramses Bringer of War demo which is fairly expensive but nothing impressive, something like 40-50 $.
"I concur" -John Wilkes Booth
"I have been shot in the head, but at least I got to read that kickass blog" -Abraham Lincoln

Blood And Iron
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:05 pm 

Not a very obscure release: http://www.discogs.com/Metal-Storm-Outb ... se/4341615
Also this kvlt brazilian metal LP: http://www.discogs.com/Inox-Inox/release/5266285

I would sell my ass for an original copy of Bathory's debut, Yellow Goat and the SCUM DEMO (Pre-amon Amarth).

J_Ason
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:17 pm 

On that note, I'd sell my ass and balls and soul for Morriah's Let the Sword Descend (pre-Nile).
"I concur" -John Wilkes Booth
"I have been shot in the head, but at least I got to read that kickass blog" -Abraham Lincoln

Metal Shark
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:25 pm 

TripeOverload wrote:
the All Stars #2 fanzine edited in 1970 by Gary Arlington. Great rare art by Steve Ditko, Roger Brand, Robert Crumb, Steve Clay Wilson, Jeff Jones, Al Williamson, Reed Crandall,

DITKO! :D Awesome!

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:01 pm 

I don't know how much this is worth but "A Recollection of Worlds" by Dan Swanö's band Unicorn is certainly one
of the rarest things I own. It's a 4-CD box which was "handburned on CD" and never released officially (afaik).
A friend of mine worked for Century Media some years back and was in personal contact with Dan and as such
got his hands on two of the boxes.
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/u ... of_worlds/

Apart from that my LJDLP digipack from "Die Weiße Rose" is worth a bit but with the then-paid 50 euros also
marks my personal amount of cash I find acceptable of paying for a wanted item. I will never understand how one
could willingly pay hundreds of dollars for a CD ;)
http://www.discogs.com/Les-Joyaux-De-La ... egard-Extrême-Die-Weiße-Rose/master/22077

Probably some of my early/mid 90s black metal albums may be worth something but I never really checked this
out at discogs or another place…

As for merchandise - I bought two Marillion baseball-sleeve shirts from 1985 three years ago for quite a good price
(around 30 euros each) after watching stuff like these go for way higher prices for 1-2 years. Sometimes waiting pays
off :D

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:32 pm 

Acid Bath's Edits EP.

Just recently got it for FREE from a guy who also sold me When the Kite String Pops firstpress CD for 5 euros.

Guess he just wanted to get rid of it.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:01 pm 

Sunday I spent $100 on an original vinyl pressing of "Symbolic" by Death at a local record convention, so I guess that.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2