Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Edward K
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:19 pm 

I would also like to protest and join in on the group of people who wish to see Apocynthion unblacklisted. The band is clearly a post-black metal band, and doesn't sound any less metal than most of the post-black metal bands on the site.

Last edited by Edward K on Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattBlockMason
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:43 pm 

That is completely understandable Azmodes. It was the original wishes of the band to keep things in the physical cdr realm and to solely do physical trading like how things were in the old days of tape trading and to avoid uploading mp3's. I will see what I can do about that though. Thank you.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:38 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:
Two new Disfiguring the Goddess albums were released. Not nearly as djenty as Sleeper. This band is as much slam/brutal death metal as they are deathcore. Listen earnestly, calling this band anything other than metal is just dumb.

https://soundcloud.com/disfiguring-the-goddess

I'm not a mod, but as somebody who listened to the albums purely out of loving the band I'd personally have to disagree. The music is still basically slam/deathcore, sans riffs, being played with syncopation and polyrhythm abuse similar to Meshuggah. The majority running time of both Deprive and Black Earth Child is comprised of super-djenty chugs on the extreme bottom end of the guitars and random jumblefucks of riffs in a manner too distorted and intentionally arrhythmic to be classified as death metal or even brutal death metal. It's a hybrid of extreme music subgenres which sometimes coincidentally makes the band sound rather close to death metal, but it's not death metal-based.

Agreed. It has the aesthetics of brutal death metal, much like blackgaze stuff has the aesthetics of black metal, but there are no metal riffs. Not even close to metal.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:24 pm 

Edward K wrote:
I would also like to protest and join in on the group of people who wish to see Apocynthion unblacklisted. The band is clearly a post-black metal band, and doesn't sound any less metal than most of the post-black metal bands on the site.

From what I remember, it's noticeably on the "wrong" side of the metal/shoegaze fence.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm 

Agreed. While the band has about the same ratio of heavy parts to soft cuddly parts as a lot of acceptable bands, when they go into heavy mode they're more focused on playing loud sad guy rock than metal riffs.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:30 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
chiurlioniz wrote:
Devlsy band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
I think this is an error

Album photo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9183_n.jpg

I blacklisted it because it was submitted multiple times without any proof. So now we see a CD. Where can we buy it? Send a link where a user can get it. Need to see that it's out and able to be purchased before it's considered a valid release.

Thanks

The album has been released as a digital USB card:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... permPage=1

Can the band be re-submitted?

skullmaster_666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:49 pm 

this is in reply to Vulture Locust being rejected because the album isn't long enough.

This is a grind band, fast and to the point. The album is available for free download as well, and has been promoted on a number of larger sites like Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, Metal-Rules.com and others.

The recording quality is intentionally raw. 6 songs clocks in at 15 minutes.

Come on, it's death/grind. It's supposed to be short.

Thanks.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:49 pm 

From the rules regarding digital only releases, you might want to give it a gander:

•Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this. An EP may be accepted depending on the situation. Two EPs are better than one, for sure.

•Final mix: No rehearsals, raw promos, rough mixes of any kinds are accepted for digital releases. Only finished, professional albums.

RobVR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:56 pm 

Hello friends... Please, could anyone provide an update in regards Fecal Addiction Status?
I think we already provide all the necessary proof for approval... However here we go again.

FECAL ADDICTION:

http://www.facebook.com/fecaladdiction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMsqmGuEm4

eddies sawdust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm 

One of my submission - band named 3 Days Of Silence - was rejected. Motive: not nearly metal enough.

Here's a new sample. To me it qualifies as metal...
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=%22na-tural%20s-tate%22

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:06 pm 

skullmaster_666 wrote:
The recording quality is intentionally raw. 6 songs clocks in at 15 minutes.

Come on, it's death/grind. It's supposed to be short.

As the resident grind lover here, I can argue that 15 minutes MAY have been an acceptable length for a grind record... but only 6 tracks? Sorry dude, proportionally speaking, you'd need something in the neighbourhood of 20-30 tracks for a duration that short to have a hope of qualifying as a valid digital-only release.

RobVR wrote:
Hello friends... Please, could anyone provide an update in regards Fecal Addiction Status?
I think we already provide all the necessary proof for approval... However here we go again.

I'll listen soon. Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: Sounds like an acceptable fusion of brutal death/slam with goregrind. I've unblacklisted them: you can submit, mate. :)

eddies sawdust wrote:
One of my submission - band named 3 Days Of Silence - was rejected. Motive: not nearly metal enough.

Okay, yeah... this is pretty obvious black metal. What do the other tracks sound like...? I'm assuming they're something completely different, because this band was blacklisted for being "electronic". Just sounds like typical Swiss black metal with the usual synthy overtones.

RobVR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:53 pm 

I would like to know what should I do, 'coz Im trying to submit Fecal Addiction but I have this notice
Error:

Access denied

You do not have the proper credentials to access this page.

Can anyone help me ?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:14 pm 

RobVR wrote:
I would like to know what should I do, 'coz Im trying to submit Fecal Addiction but I have this notice
Error:

Access denied

You do not have the proper credentials to access this page.

Can anyone help me ?

:lol: Oh, right, you were banned for blacklist evasion... if you like, you can PM me all the band info and I'll add it for you.

Winters Edge
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:31 pm 

Hello

I did everything correctly and linked my band Winter's Edge band camp link to show I had released a single called The Shadows Come For Me yet It wasn't accepted and it is metal for having a metal band profile page in this site? Can anyone tell what mayb wrong? Please

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:35 pm 

odium wrote:
Devlsy band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
I think this is an error

Album photo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9183_n.jpg

I blacklisted it because it was submitted multiple times without any proof. So now we see a CD. Where can we buy it? Send a link where a user can get it. Need to see that it's out and able to be purchased before it's considered a valid release.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------

Any decisions on this band?

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:37 pm 

Winters Edge wrote:
Hello

I did everything correctly and linked my band Winter's Edge band camp link to show I had released a single called The Shadows Come For Me yet It wasn't accepted and it is metal for having a metal band profile page in this site? Can anyone tell what mayb wrong? Please

One track on bandcamp is not considered a valid digital release. We only accept full releases. At least, 30 minutes long. Please, read the rules.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Winters Edge
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:41 pm 

No worries the album will be completed feb/march 2014 so I can repost about it then, cheers

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:18 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Agreed. It has the aesthetics of brutal death metal, much like blackgaze stuff has the aesthetics of black metal, but there are no metal riffs. Not even close to metal.

Ummm is this supposed to be the final ruling? This is not the "aesthetics" of BDM, it is an actual death metal band replete with blastbeats, death metal riffs (don't pretend like it's nothing but chugs) and low, brutal vocals. Other posters agreed on that point as well.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:59 pm 

For what it's worth, while I still think Deprive is predominantly deathcore/djent, upon repeated listens I can see Black Earth Child being labeled as a BDM album. There's a lot less off-kilter downtuned twanging on that album, at least, and more legitimate Gorevent-styled slams that are padded out with, as Azmodes said, BDM riffs with minor djent influences. *shrug* I guess it could go either way.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:19 pm 

MutantClannfear, can you quit the mini-modding? Thanks. Look dude, no offence, but you have to remember you're a regular user addressing another regular user's inquiries about a band's metalness. You know the drill, and you know why that's not welcome here.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:45 pm 

I know, I know... :( Sorry, I just have a heavier investment in this band than the usual fare in this thread, as you probably know. I'm afraid that things are going to be poorly evaluated, and so I kind of jumped at the opportunity to toss my own opinion into the pot. Wrongdoing understood; I'm butting out now, apologies.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:23 pm 

Ovid's Withering is on the blacklist. They are technical deathcore with symphonic elements. Too borderline? Perhaps it sounds metal cause I actually like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWAf26royQo

Mcniggleston
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:24 am 

This isn't exactly about a rejection...but I submitted a band to be added (Mandrake (DK)) well over a week ago and it's still pending seemingly forgotten while another one I submitted 3 days ago was already taken care of just a day after submission. The Mandrake submission is well-documented to have existed and would make a great addition to those who are fans of Witch Cross and Evil and other early traditional heavy metal acts from Denmark. I've submitted it as a favor for a friend, and if a mod could simply check on my submission that would be much appreciated. You'll findit to be all in order and another extremely rare addition to the site.

-Matt

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:27 am 

It has not been forgotten. The band queue is quite long at the moment but your submission will be reviewed like every other band in the queue.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:49 am 

odium wrote:

You can resubmit, but please include that link in the submission notes.

AcidWorm wrote:
Ovid's Withering is on the blacklist. They are technical deathcore with symphonic elements. Too borderline? Perhaps it sounds metal cause I actually like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWAf26royQo

Not entirely certain, but from a first listen I'd vote no on this one.

Mcniggleston
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:55 am 

Ok, so further info on Mandrake is needed I guess. This is info direct from Ole Hamilton (formerly of Witch Cross):

"What was the exact nature of each of these demos? All were recorded on tape and then distributed on multiple copies? Or were some private rehearsal "releases" only? Do you know how many were made approximately? How were they spread? Through tape trading? Sold/given away at gigs?"
-The tape I have was most likely the master copy for all the material they ever recorded. They all exist on 1 tape, and it's a confirmed legitimate tape via member Ole Hamilton (facebook him if you wish to confirm that). Ole had originally recorded the material on reel-to-reel and converted it to tapes for the band to hear in their own homes back in the days of Mandrake, and there were never covers for each of the demos apart from the one I have uploaded; hence why I uploaded the same picture for all 3 demos. Ole says this very well may be the last surviving copy of Mandrake material in existance; as his is long gone, and the only other people who had the tapes were the band members. The members he contacted don't have theirs either anymore, so yes, it was privately released and never saw more than a single-digit amount of copies. I had contacted him after buying it from a long-time collector from Copenhagan, Denmark (where the band originated from), and Ole had not heard most of his own songs in over 30 years due to the bands poor distribution and preservation of the material. To say the least he was ecstatic to be hearing something he thought was lost forever. So to answer your question on distribution; it was released, but in such small numbers that most people never would have heard it unless they were directly at the Mandrake gigs or friends with the band.

Back in early 1979 at the time of forming, Mandrake started a lot of what would later spark the heavy metal outbreak in Denmark with bands like Mercyful Fate, Witch Cross, Evil, Artillery, and many others to come. To say they were important to Danish heavy metal would be a sheer understatement and they rightfully deserve their place on this site. Furthermore, if you wish to hear a good amount of the songs, Ole has posted them now on his new band page for the reformed "Rebel Lion" (another band that ought to be on here...), as well. After we got to talking he decided to finally release them to be heard on a wider scale after 30+ years of him thinking he'd never hear them again. This includes songs from all 3 Mandrake demos, just gotta scroll to find 'em..he's also uploaded band pictures and such:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/108690322616420/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:19 pm 

Mcniggleston wrote:
so yes, it was privately released and never saw more than a single-digit amount of copies.

Sorry, that is not what we consider a publicly distributed release. Such rehearsal tapes made for the band only do not qualify, even if one or two might later fall into the hands of collectors and see some unofficial spreading. Equally unacceptable are a couple of songs uploaded to Youtube.

eddies sawdust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:55 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
eddies sawdust wrote:

Okay, yeah... this is pretty obvious black metal. What do the other tracks sound like...? I'm assuming they're something completely different, because this band was blacklisted for being "electronic". Just sounds like typical Swiss black metal with the usual synthy overtones.

There are actually 3 ambient/electro oriented tracks on this album (on one side of the LP) and 4 black metal in the vein of the one you just heard (on the other side)... But even the ambient track have clearly some black metal elements (riffs, vocals)... It is at least as metal as bands like coldworld, that is listed in the archives

You can listen to the whole album to judge of its metalness here: https://www.facebook.com/3DaysOfSilence ... 4879526524

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:20 pm 

eddies sawdust wrote:
There are actually 3 ambient/electro oriented tracks on this album (on one side of the LP) and 4 black metal in the vein of the one you just heard (on the other side)... But even the ambient track have clearly some black metal elements (riffs, vocals)... It is at least as metal as bands like coldworld, that is listed in the archives

I've checked the whole album on Bandcamp and it is as you say. Seems reasonable to call this a black metal band using some industrial/ambient, not the other way around. You can resubmit.

JohnnyDays
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:26 pm 

Hello dudes, my friend VanitasVanitatum added a band, Lammah, from Brazil (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lammah/1 ... 80?fref=ts), but the band as rejected and blacklisted with this information:

"Sorry VanitasVanitatum, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Lammah (Brazil), for the following reason: So how has the album been released? A band needs a valid release before they can be accepted to the site - a valid release is one that's either: Distributed in physical form (CD, CDr, DVD, tape, vinyl, etc) Digital and available for full download: must also be a finished/final mix (no garage rehearsals or rough mixes), AND long enough (preferably over 20 minutes) Already released. That is, no upcoming releases!"

But this band as released one album, "A Face de Cristo", this is a proff (photo of physical release): https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7612_n.jpg

Are you can unblock the submission of this band?

Greetings!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:35 pm 

They weren't blacklisted, only rejected. Restored.

JohnnyDays
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:56 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
They weren't blacklisted, only rejected. Restored.

Tks Azmodes! He's novice, and don't explain the situation correctly xD

theomega76
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 pm 

You know what i find for lack of a better word disgusting. some inbred, ignorant, arrogant, piece of fucking shit who thinks he somehow has the right to make the final end-all decision on what is and isn't metal. Who the fuck gives the cunts who reject bands or anyone for that matter the right to say what "qualifies" as metal. I'm sorry, did you invent the entire metal music genre, and even more so every sub-genre from that as well. Last time i checked metal is metal, and if you're pretentious enough to nit-pick it to the point where you're analyzing the god damn song to find what "genre" it fits into, than i hate to burst your bubble but you have missed the point of metal music all together. Look at bands like black sabbath and zeppelin i dont call that shit metal, to me that is classic rock, yet they're on this website. If a "genre" is a sub-genre a fusion genre, or the inbred fucking child of fourteen different metal genres it still is mother fucking metal assholes. To sit and pick and pull at band that much completely diminishes the entire experience of listening to music in general. Who gives a mother fuck if a band has to many breakdowns, i hate to tell you dumb fucks but thats a very big part of deathcore, and i give a fuck less whether you like the genre or not. Look at shit like Kamelot, that has to be some of the queerest mother fucking garbage I've ever heard in my entire life, not only would i not call that metal, i wouldn't even slap a "rock" label on that cancerous pile of filth they call music, nonetheless people for some reason call that metal so i dont disagree. I mean for Christ sakes you really wanna play that card why don't we stop and look at the entire goregrind genre as a whole. I am not talking about brutal death metal which is extremely frequently mistaken for goregrind, i'm talking about that shit called goregrind. Not only is that not metal, that isn't even music, 90%+ of the bands use drum machines, the guitarist (if one could call them that) play erratic shit that couldn't even pass static on a tv. However the final piece of all that is 99.9%+ have entirely one hundred percent indistinguishable vocals. Now i'm not talking about that like most metal where it is hard to understand, but if one looks at the lyrics and listens to the song it's really pretty easy to follow along. I'm saying that they aren't lyrics because there not even vocal's, listen to almost any goregrind band and you'll see what i mean. There making mother fucking sounds, or sorry "gutturals", thats not even god damn vocals yet that entire piece of fucking shit genre exist, mother fucking sounds the whole god damn album. Look at cemetery rapist, who by the way IS on this site, that shit is even worse than gutturals which i sincerely didn't think was possible. All that is to basically say, that if shit bands or better yet an entire genre like goregrind, which by definition doesn't actually even qualify as music, is allowed than who the fuck can even try to say that bands like chelsea grin or infant annihilator aren't allowed. Just for the record also, i fuckin hate chelsea grin, white chapel, suicide silence, born of osiris, etc. However, I'm not a hypocritical cunt who thinks he has the omnipotent power to judge what is and isn't metal. Lastly, i haven't tried to add a band and have had it rejected, i just think that no one has the right, or for that matter the knowledge to make a final decision on what is metal. If you're going to have a site based around metal than it needs to be open to all metal, not what some arrogant fuck thinks is metal.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:32 pm 

So you're saying the three dozen arrogant fucks who run the site should've accepted Linkin Park and Red Hot Chili Peppers when they were submitted? We have a working definition of what to include on the site, which has served the site well for 10+ years and 94000+ bands that we list. Sorry, it's not up for debate.

theomega76 wrote:
Look at bands like black sabbath and zeppelin i dont call that shit metal, to me that is classic rock, yet they're on this website.

:lol:

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:34 pm 

When you run your own metal website add whatever bands you want. Until then the internet contains other sites that may interest you more than this one.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:56 am 

I'm not even reading this wall of text, learn how to write a proper sentence. You're a shame for the American educational system. Subject closed.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:05 am 

Hey, I dunno about you but if people are going to bitch as directionlessly as that, I'd rather have them do it in big, obvious, easy-to-identify walls of text than with passive-aggressive whining hidden subtly behind the facade of a coherent argument.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:05 pm 

Zeppelin isn't even on the site...
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Pasquale Affatato
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:36 pm 

I'm trying to insert this band:

https://www.facebook.com/atroposfg?fref=ts

But the system says I can't, 'cause a band with the same name and from the same country has been banned.

Here you can hear the songs: https://soundcloud.com/atropos_it

And here you can se proofs of our physical release:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3376_o.jpg

What should I do?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:51 pm 

Atropos are blacklisted because they're not predominantly metal. It's a mix of post-thrash/metalcore, hardcore, and alt hard rock that leans towards the core/rock parts.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 541  Next