Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:19 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
You were able to go see them at... Roadburn? Lucky bastard. I'm really quite shocked no one has leaked it to the internet.

That was an amazing show. Too bad he did the complete opposite during the Primordial headliner show.

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:12 pm 

I'm looking forward to the new Agalloch, Alcest, and Behemoth.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:28 pm 

Bishop_Drugsalot wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:
You were able to go see them at... Roadburn? Lucky bastard. I'm really quite shocked no one has leaked it to the internet.

I did buy mine from Roadburn, but I read from Nemtheanga's facebook page that they did a second pressing of it, cd and vinyl. So I suggest you check a few stores, they might have it.

e: confirmed from discogs:
http://www.discogs.com/Dread-Sovereign- ... se/4882718
Ván did the 2nd pressing.

Oh nice. I remember when he announced the project he was quite adamant of keeping it a "festival only" sort of thing, glad to see he saw reason.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:44 pm 

Belphegor - Whatever album they're writing

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:26 am 

KYPCK are in the studio. Their third album is due in March '14. Both of their albums are fantastic stuff so I'm definitely looking forward to more miserable, Soviet industrial wasteland doom.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

WarriorFenix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:24 am 

2014 on paper looks like a pretty good year when it comes to releases.

Tryptikon, Behemoth, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Civil War (maybe), Agalloch, Septic Flesh, Cormorant, Overkill, Opeth

should be good :)

BreedingtheSpawn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:40 pm 

New Ceremonial Castings, Noctem, Hirax, and other releases already mentioned.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:19 pm 

Cephalic Carnage have stated that they are working on a new album, so that'll probably come out in 2014. Can't wait.

It's about time Haggard release a new album too. It's been more than 5 years already! (Edit: I did some digging and it seems 'Grimm' will be released next month)

Don't know if I can expect a new All Shall Perish album, since Hermida left ASP to join Suicide Silence. Very disappointing and frustrating because Suicide Silence is awful.

last.fm

Last edited by Ohrwurm on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:24 pm 

new Necrophagia, Metallica, Slayer and Behemoth. I dont know any other good bands that are putting out a record this year

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:38 pm 

Aborted has been working on a new album. I loved Global Flatline, so I'm excited for this one.

That's about it, I guess.

mirageasylum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:57 am 

New Behemoth surely, but more importantly Mayhem.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:52 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
Gatherum wrote:
Agalloch are definitely releasing a new album next year and I am already quivering with pre-excitement.

I'm torn on this. Marrow was by far their worst record, stretching too much into the pretentious neo-folk realm but then the Faust EP they released last year was absolutely fantastic. Going to be interesting to see which direction they go.

Pretentious neo-folk? I considered it a more straighforward album and much less pretentious than the previous works.

The EP had some good parts but I would prefer if they release something different.

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:33 am 

Darkspace. But who knows if it'll be 2014.

Aydross
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:24 pm 

Gamma Ray
Tool
Virgin Steele(?)

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:37 pm 

Aydross wrote:
Virgin Steele(?)

Yep. This Februari there will be a ''new, unexpected album'' (bonus disc of Invictus which will have 19 new songs) and September will see the ''offical'' and ''planned'' new album. It's confirmed by their label I've read on Virgin Steele's website.

New Paradise Lost will recorded during Spring 2014. Considering the new song is quite doomy the new album will most likely follow that style.

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:13 pm 

Pagan Altar

Bogdaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:31 pm 

#1 on my list is Behemoth's The Satanist. Also looking forward to new Vader, Decapitated, and Wintersun's Time II.

magicd00bie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:38 am 

Looking forward for the Behemoth: The Satanist album, Bloodbath if they can release it next year, Opeth, hope it doesn't sound like Heritage and the long overdue Obliterhate album.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:49 am 

This could be a long long long long shot but I read this news item about Anata.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/11/14/ma ... anata-yet/

If there truly is an entire album recorded (unmixed) without vocals, they really ought to push for this to see the light of day. Crowd fund it. I'm sure many would pay top dollar for this!

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:57 pm 

Anyone else stoked for the Gallowbraid album?

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:57 pm 

Bogdaniel wrote:
#1 on my list is Behemoth's The Satanist. Also looking forward to new Vader, Decapitated, and Wintersun's Time II.

Time I might have been the biggest disappointment in metal history, I don't think I'm even going to pick up II.

Bogdaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:13 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Bogdaniel wrote:

Time I might have been the biggest disappointment in metal history, I don't think I'm even going to pick up II.

It's definitely on the short side, but there's some great stuff on it, in my opinion. "Sons of Winter and Stars" was almost worth the 8 year wait. I LOVE that track.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 pm 

Bishop_Drugsalot wrote:
Nokturnal Mortum - The Truth

Wow! I didn't know about that!
http://www.nokturnal-mortum.com/en/news/

Quote:
01/03/2013
Salute everyone!!!
The year 2013 has started, so we would like to share our plans for it with you.
This year we plan to release new album entitled “Істина” (“The Truth”). There are six songs almost complete. Most likely there will be eight tracks plus intro/outro. Soon we shall start the recording of material. We have chosen the studios already, so now we prepare for studio work.
Also we aim to start concert activity.
Besides that we’ve got agreement with Graveland concerning split EP.
You will be glad to hear the news about some interesting re-editions. This will happen soon, that’s why I shall not reveal anything right now – let it be a pleasant surprise for you.
Stay tuned! I’ll keep you informed about all the news as soon as possible.

Varggoth.

Thanks!

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Bishop_Drugsalot wrote:

Quote:
01/03/2013
Salute everyone!!!
This year we plan to release new album entitled “Істина” (“The Truth”). There are six songs almost complete. Most likely there will be eight tracks plus intro/outro. Soon we shall start the recording of material. We have chosen the studios already, so now we prepare for studio work.
You will be glad to hear the news about some interesting re-editions. This will happen soon, that’s why I shall not reveal anything right now – let it be a pleasant surprise for you.

Varggoth.

Thanks!

Yeah, so the release date has obviously been pushed to early 2014, hence mentioning it in this thread.

captaincrunchy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:09 pm 

Ne Obliviscaris' second album and Cynic's Kindly Bent to Free Us are definitely some records I'll be grabbing. Not sure if Maiden is planning to get their sixteenth out that soon, but it's a possibility and I'm totally up for it.
Also looking forward to god-knows-how-many-things Devin releases that year too.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:37 pm 

Ohrwurm wrote:
Cephalic Carnage have stated that they are working on a new album, so that'll probably come out in 2014. Can't wait.

It's about time Haggard release a new album too. It's been more than 5 years already! (Edit: I did some digging and it seems 'Grimm' will be released next month)

Don't know if I can expect a new All Shall Perish album, since Hermida left ASP to join Suicide Silence. Very disappointing and frustrating because Suicide Silence is awful.

Yea this was very disappointing, especially considering All Shall Perish is one of the few deathcore bands I really like.

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:17 pm 

My two biggest are Tool and Mayhem. This will be the first new Tool since I've been a fan, nothing special but I think that's cool. I wonder how their sound has evolved since the last one. I don't think Mayhem can do wrong, I love everything they've put out although I've yet to really listen Grand Declaration of War properly.

If we all do the rain dance and wear our pajamas inside out then we'll have new Deathspell Omega :wink:

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:56 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Bishop_Drugsalot wrote:

Quote:
01/03/2013
Salute everyone!!!

Varggoth.

Thanks!

I dont know how they can improve the last one, what a masterpiece!!!

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:21 pm 

Corpsessed
Lie In Ruins
Behemoth
Obituary

"You make it easy."

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:46 pm 

I've pretty much given up on a new Tool album. I was excited for it three years ago, now I just don't care anymore. Sure, when it comes out I'll get excited, but I've grown tired of this "Oooh, we're so mysterious we can't be fucked to update anyone on our activities" shit.

I'm still hoping for the new Pagan Altar though. Not sure who else is due for a new album that I'm really looking forward to. Angel Witch and Banshee are two that come to mind.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

Bogdaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm 

New Necrophagist would be cool, but highly unlikely.

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 am 

Sunno))) and Ulver collaboration.

Secular Prayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:15 am 

I` m not sure what` s coming out next year, but I can` t wait for the new Behemoth and Abysmal Dawn records. A new Napalm Death record would be sweet after the fantastic Utilitarian. Mastodon and Opeth might have new records coming soon, Cynic` s got a new album coming on Valentine` s Day and Vader` s probably due for a new one. Can` t wait to hear what 2014 has to offer.

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:13 am 

Other than what has already been mentioned, the mighty EYEHATEGOD will return with their new album in January and after hearing New Orleans is the New Vietnam, I am stoked more than ever for it.

Based on the pattern for release of Electric Wizard, they're taking a bit longer on this one, but I am sure it will be worth the wait. Lets hope it comes next year :nods:

The other band I am not sure about is Immortal and despite finding their last effort lacking, I don't think Abbath and crew can really dissapoint.

Edit: My post begs for status update thread.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:19 am 

soulonfire wrote:
I've pretty much given up on a new Tool album. I was excited for it three years ago, now I just don't care anymore. Sure, when it comes out I'll get excited, but I've grown tired of this "Oooh, we're so mysterious we can't be fucked to update anyone on our activities" shit.

Yeah, they're some pretentious bastards, aren't they? LOL!
Anyway, the music is nice.

mark of the devil wrote:
Sunno))) and Ulver collaboration.

That sounds intriguing.

Dooders wrote:
Other than what has already been mentioned, the mighty EYEHATEGOD will return with their new album in January and after hearing New Orleans is the New Vietnam, I am stoked more than ever for it.
Based on the pattern for release of Electric Wizard, they're taking a bit longer on this one, but I am sure it will be worth the wait. Lets hope it comes next year :nods:
The other band I am not sure about is Immortal and despite finding their last effort lacking, I don't think Abbath and crew can really dissapoint.

Will Eyehategod continue despite the recent death?
Electric Wizard and Immortal sound good for me!

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:48 pm 

Now that Simo Silvan is back in full strength, Anthriel are in the studio and coming out with their second album next year. The debut is simply a brilliant prog-power record.

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:44 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Will Eyehategod continue despite the recent death?

Fortunately, they have decided to keep going, just acquired a new drummer, and a small tour. 2014 will still be a huge year for them.

Also, just saw the news Grand Magus have a new album entitled Triumph and Power coming out next year! The Hunt is one of my favorite records ever, and every record is better than their last.
http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming- ... wer-record

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:04 am 

Also looking forward to One Master's Reclusive Blasphemy. They had an update about it way back in February but have been quiet since.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 am 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sunn-o ... tive-work/

This. I've recently gotten into Ulver's post-BM output, and monoliths and dimensions is an incredible album, so really looking forward to seeing what the two come out with.

Other than that, Belphegor, Mayhem (no hopes, but interested), Dark Fortress all have albums coming out. If it comes out so soon after announcing she will in fact stay, a Nightwish album with Floor Jansen will be interesting, given that she's far better than Tarja and Annete ever were.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:33 am 

Twin_guitar_attack wrote:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sunn-o-and-ulver-join-forces-in-a-new-collaborative-work/

This. I've recently gotten into Ulver's post-BM output, and monoliths and dimensions is an incredible album, so really looking forward to seeing what the two come out with.

I'm hoping this delivers. I love everything Ulver has done, especially post-William Blake, but Sunn O))) is mediocre at best. Maybe Ulver can bring out the best bits of 'em. :)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next