Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 pm 

Zeating wrote:
Looking for bm with basic rock/punk drum beats no blast beats or double bass or anything anyone know?

well not sure if you know him already, but ildjarn is the most obvious answer to me. pretty vague request though.

Spoiler: show

"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:21 pm 

So, besides being a Dutchie, I'm a big fan of the Dutch black metal scene. I'd like to share some of my favorite Dutch bands a lot of people might be unfamiliar with here:

What do you think?

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:33 am 

I LOVE fluisteraars and can't wait for the new lp, to be honest. very subtle dynamic music with a very warm texture. anyone still needing a t'hondslog tape, I have a few left for sale or trade.

one of the best newcomers in recent years by far.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:42 am 

STORMM wrote:
^ lol you have good taste my friend :) . I was recommending these to Syntek but his thread must have been deleted and moved here. Bad news about Gratzug's new album, I was talking yo the label, its limited to 50 copies in metal dvd case, approx 30euros :eek: I said fuck that, too expensive for a new release. If you enjoy Vervatulet check out Astral Melencholy :wink: It was Torn's first band. You would need the luck of the gods to find that release. I can not even add them to the archives as I have no proof of release due to severe lack of info.

hehe, it's all good & thanks :) Sucks the new Gratzug is so expensive although I am a sucker for ultra limited things... I'm currently trying to put together an order from Hass Weg Productions mainly to get the Plaga MCD, (just recently started listening to Plaga and their short discography is quite a beast, love the solos) There's been a lot of stuff posted here on the last 2 pages that I've never heard. Need to give everything a listen and see what is available to add to my order... If I'm ordering from across the globe I need to order more than just 1 MCD!

Edit: Love that Fluisteraars song!

Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:25 pm 

STORMM wrote:
Only getting back to you now Syntek, ok I got a better listen to your tracks so try this out -

And here is a personal favourite of mine lately, cant wait for the full length, awesome band.

The demo is awsome to and the debut shouls be something else, keep an eye...

This is awesome, Virvatulet in particular. Not necessarily as depressive as I had in mind initially, but the music is good enough for it not to really matter either way. :)

Now, if someone could recommend a band with a similar production/riffs to this one, I'd be very pleased.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:16 pm 

into_the_pit wrote:
I LOVE fluisteraars and can't wait for the new lp, to be honest. very subtle dynamic music with a very warm texture. anyone still needing a t'hondslog tape, I have a few left for sale or trade.

one of the best newcomers in recent years by far.

Sick6Six wrote:
STORMM wrote:
Edit: Love that Fluisteraars song!

Also looking forward to the new record, yes. Also, Tarnkappe is fucking great. Reminds me of a Dutch Arckanum. Gethsemane is just pure, filth-ridden evil. Yeah, I need that T'Hondslog tape, but for now I'm a bit short on cash. Hey Into_the_pit. Do we know each other?

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:20 pm 

umm I like this a lot.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:26 pm 

I'm looking for fun, experimental stuff that doesn't take itself too seriously. Doesn't have to be totally black metal, just being influenced by it is fine. Along the lines of Diabolical Masquerade, Sigh and Hail Spirit Noir. Thanks!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:32 pm 

Look no further!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:01 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Look no further!

Yes! Jaldaboath just put a huge smile on my face, absolutely perfect. I've tried to get into Meads multiple times but just can't do it, I think it's slightly too disjointed. I'm all for weirdness and experimentation but I still need at least a little cohesion to tie it all together. Thanks so much!

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:17 pm 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
also looking forward to the new record, yes. Also, Tarnkappe is fucking great. Reminds me of a Dutch Arckanum. Gethsemane is just pure, filth-ridden evil. Yeah, I need that T'Hondslog tape, but for now I'm a bit short on cash. Hey Into_the_pit. Do we know each other?

that's not a problem, I have a few copies left, I can keep one of them aside for you if you want me to. no need to hurry. just drop me a pm.

I don't know if we know each other, maybe? this is pit from north west germany.

I'll post an unrequested recommendation, one of my all time favorite black metal demos: the 7th gate - fabulae. I'll post the complete demo.

this is amazing atmospheric black metal with all bass and no guitars. features members of atanatos and impending doom and is waaaay better than anything they ever did with their main bands. check this out.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Karlabos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:20 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
I'm looking for fun, experimental stuff that doesn't take itself too seriously. Doesn't have to be totally black metal, just being influenced by it is fine. Along the lines of Diabolical Masquerade, Sigh and Hail Spirit Noir. Thanks!

I can think of Damned Spirit's Dance, The Meads of Asphodel, The CNK, Imperial Circus Dead Decadence...

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:56 pm 

Thanks STORMM for mentioning Winterfylleth & Imperium Dekadenz. Awesome stuff and a nice change from the more aggressive hateful/satanic stuff :hail: Still need to check out a couple more of the bands posted recently, but how about Wodensthrone? Their sound fits perfectly with all these other bands being talked about and I haven't seen them mentioned.

Just picked a random song here:

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:29 pm 

^ Nice one s6s, glad to see you enjoyed them and I can fully relate to the welcome change. The Wodensthrone debut is indeed a great release and one I must dust off as it has been a while since I gave it a spin. I have yet to actually check out their second disc in detail come to think of it.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:35 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:

Thy Catafalque is a must. I would say the music is serious but seriously good! So much variety and style contained within each release, especially the last 3 albums, highly recommended.

@Syntek - great song that indeed, when I first discovered them it was the very same track so album waa orderes right away. I also mist dust it off and rediscover. This is straight off the bat without much thought but would Thy Light fit, abit thinner sounding but it has its similarities? Will put more thought into it.

Last edited by STORMM on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:40 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
Thanks STORMM for mentioning Winterfylleth & Imperium Dekadenz. Awesome stuff and a nice change from the more aggressive hateful/satanic stuff :hail: Still need to check out a couple more of the bands posted recently, but how about Wodensthrone? Their sound fits perfectly with all these other bands being talked about and I haven't seen them mentioned.

Just picked a random song here:

This, along with A Forest of Stars, is probably the best thing our black metal scene has going for us. :p

Oh, and on the topic of AFoS, phenomenal band:

There's nothing quite like it, frankly.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:08 pm 

I was in this thread a week or so asking for stuff that integrates intense black metal with ambient passages, and while browsing some Slovakian bands I managed to find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA9ET1O02vI

Sounds pretty good to me, I thought you guys would appreciate it as well (assuming you don't know it already). ;)

By the way, anything for me Stormm (regarding Mare Cognitum)?

Karlabos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:32 pm 

Anyone knows bands with the same vocal style as Attila Csihar did on De mysteriis Dom Sathanas (Mayhem)?
I mean, something like Hail Spirit Noir's, or Sear Bliss's vocals. They three seem similar between them for me, I don't know if there's a specific name for the technique. But I know that it's rare to find such style of vocals. \:
I can go for every subgenre: avantgarde, raw, oldschool, symphonic, ... As long it has that kind of vocals.

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:41 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
vengefulgoat wrote:
Maybe Jewicide? It borders between terrible bedroom BM and accidentally interesting weird stuff, if you look at it from 'outsider' perspective.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm9b_DZI60w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJs1jTmdtbM

I'm aware of them - gave them their only positive review on this website, actually. :) They're another good guideline for what I'm looking for, though.

Haha, glad to see my limited enjoyment of this band isn't something unique in the world.
The earliest Graveland demos actually have sound that could be loosely associated with what you're looking for. The melody in this track reminds me of Wold's "L.O.T.M.P." instrumental:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkR77NIzgEM

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:59 pm 

androdion wrote:
I was in this thread a week or so asking for stuff that integrates intense black metal with ambient passages, and while browsing some Slovakian bands I managed to find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA9ET1O02vI

Sounds pretty good to me, I thought you guys would appreciate it as well (assuming you don't know it already). ;)

By the way, anything for me Stormm (regarding Mare Cognitum)?

Sorry for the late reply drodi. Got time to listen to the album again and forgot ho good it was. It reminded of a band I actually mention often here, Finster, same spacey atmosphere and melodies, expected with A1V in the ranks.

Eimsamtod are indeed great, I have followed Igric's work for years, his ambient stuff is fantastic, Altayr was a nice one off but it is his solo stuff, Igric interests me the most. Sadly not much info around and not even a link to any of his releases anywhere, only youtube. Also check Aeon Winds.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:18 pm 

Karlabos wrote:
Anyone knows bands with the same vocal style as Attila Csihar did on De mysteriis Dom Sathanas (Mayhem)?
I mean, something like Hail Spirit Noir's, or Sear Bliss's vocals. They three seem similar between them for me, I don't know if there's a specific name for the technique. But I know that it's rare to find such style of vocals. \:
I can go for every subgenre: avantgarde, raw, oldschool, symphonic, ... As long it has that kind of vocals.

Try out the Uk's Frost, very similar to De Mysteriis in all respects.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Fr ... gain/10073

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:26 pm 

Holy crap Stormm, you're truly a black metal encyclopaedia! :thumbsup:

I'll check out all that stuff, thanks mate.

FaultyClockwork
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 pm 

Karlabos wrote:

I get an Attila vibe from the vocals on Cultes des Ghoules new album, Henbane.

BURlAL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:07 am 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask....

But is there anything similar to Anaal Nathrak but with more BM influence?

Karlabos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:25 am 

STORMM wrote:
Try out the Uk's Frost, very similar to De Mysteriis in all respects.

FaultyClockwork wrote:
I get an Attila vibe from the vocals on Cultes des Ghoules new album, Henbane.

Thanks for the suggestions. They both indeed sound very "mayhemish" ^^
also Cultes des Ghoules... Perfect. How could I have missed this?
Feel free to recommend more.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:11 am 

Just a heads up http://ominous-domain.com/shop/index.php has most of the stuff we've been talking about on the last couple pages for a good price. They have 3 copies of that Fluisteraars tape left (I already ordered 1) along with Winterfylleth and Imperium Dekadenz plus lots of other good stuff, International shipping is pretty cheap too. I've ordered from them a bunch in the past so check um out if you want to pick up some rare stuff

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:42 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
Just a heads up http://ominous-domain.com/shop/index.php has most of the stuff we've been talking about on the last couple pages for a good price. They have 3 copies of that Fluisteraars tape left (I already ordered 1) along with Winterfylleth and Imperium Dekadenz plus lots of other good stuff, International shipping is pretty cheap too. I've ordered from them a bunch in the past so check um out if you want to pick up some rare stuff

Thanks for the heads up bro, I have not checked that distro in a long time, will drop in for a look.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 pm 

androdion wrote:
Holy crap Stormm, you're truly a black metal encyclopaedia! :thumbsup:

I'll check out all that stuff, thanks mate.

:) Only glad to help, I hope they are to your tastes!

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:41 pm 

Looking for stuff like this...hopefully more obscure. Really love the vocals and guitar melodies. Already familiar with Horna.

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:46 pm 

Maybe try Shores of Ladon:

Or Blood Red Fog:

Or maybe Chelmno (this whole album sounds like it was recorded inside a coffee can, but the riffs rule):

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

FaultyClockwork
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:44 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:
Looking for stuff like this...hopefully more obscure. Really love the vocals and guitar melodies. Already familiar with Horna.

Maybe Sad? Though this might be insufficiently obscure.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:27 am 

Really digging Chelmno (thought you said recording in a coffin can, and the idea of whatever that could be got me excited). Probably the closest to what I'm after.

shores of ladon are good too, but a bit too far in the depressive realm/subdued sounding (Sargeist is much more upfront). They do sound very German.

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

Aztakea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:42 am 

Karlabos wrote:
Quote:

You should take a listen to Inquisition if you haven't already, some parts gives me that same Attila-vibe on De Mysteriis. I highly recommend my personal favorite Nefarious Dismal Orations!
Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the vocals in Root fairly similar to the style on DMDS as well?

I also strongly recommend you to check out Insane Vesper from France and their only full-length Abominations of Death. The vocal style here is not that similar though, but the music itself is very Mayhem-oriented and sounds like something Euronymous, Morgan from Marduk, Ofermod's Mika could have collaborated on in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT8lW73jexU

https://aztakea.bandcamp.com/releases

Malthus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:01 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:

Sielunvihollinen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSkYpDjpNP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dml6WASudA

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:28 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:

Here's some fairly obscure stuff I think

Karlabos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:09 pm 

Aztakea wrote:

You should take a listen to Inquisition if you haven't already, some parts gives me that same Attila-vibe on De Mysteriis. I highly recommend my personal favorite Nefarious Dismal Orations!
Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the vocals in Root fairly similar to the style on DMDS as well?

I also strongly recommend you to check out Insane Vesper from France and their only full-length Abominations of Death. The vocal style here is not that similar though, but the music itself is very Mayhem-oriented and sounds like something Euronymous, Morgan from Marduk, Ofermod's Mika could have collaborated on in the 90s.

Thx for the suggestions. Hey, killer riffs of Insane Vesper \m/

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:09 pm 

Vitsaus and Prevalent Resistance are both very much in the Sargeist/Horna vein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMLznMCmpE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kCSUphnbM4

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:04 am 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Vitsaus and Prevalent Resistance are both very much in the Sargeist/Horna vein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMLznMCmpE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kCSUphnbM4

Along with another shitload of Finnish bands. Calvarium for instance. I love the riffing in this track:

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:31 am 

both the Calvarium album and EP were excellent, too bad they didn't continue this band a little longer.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:42 am 

There are a few bands that essentially represent a better execution of what Satanic Warmaster attempts much of the time. Baptism is a slower, more melancholic take, whereas Prevalent Resistance is more positive and energetic. Start from the first full-length with both of them. I don't like Goatmoon much, but many who enjoy those other bands also seem to take liking in Goatmoon as well, so it's probably worth mentioning. One of my personal favourites in that niche is Teloch, which is also a Finnish band. The full-length album is their best release, and it also bears the closest resemblance to the request. Similar to Teloch, the first full-length by Kadotus.

Regarding Satanic Warmaster releases that are appropriate for this request, check out the Behexen split. Where Eternity Awaits is very similar to that Sargeist song, and the Behexen songs are about as close as that band comes to playing in that style. Besides that, Behexen's From the Devil's Chalice set is worth checking out in that sense. You might also find Nattfog to your liking. Did someone mention Blood Red Fog? Especially worth checking out if you like Baptism.

I don't know if Calvarium is too savage to be considered similar to that Sargeist song, but if you like it, check out Nightside and Uncreation's Dawn, both from Finland.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 231  Next