Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HoussemXul
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:46 pm 

Hi guys of MA
Ths is Houssem from Tunisia, Let me congratulate you the big effort done every day
I have a suggestion for you I don't know if you 'll accept it or no but who knows
Why you don't create a webzines pages, similar to labels pages (country, date of foundation, links...) it can helps bands and promo agency to enlarge their contact's database and it helps webzines to be known by readers, reviewer and interviewers (if they want to join one of them)

Greetings

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:01 pm 

ok since no one else took the plunge, I'll try to give you my very own, highly biased, far-from-mod-approved 2 cents: there's a large Grand Canyon-sized gap between labels and webzines... labels put out the music of the bands that are featured on this site, thus being an important aspect of a band's existence (that we document here). and while some webzines occasionally do play an important role, sometimes even doubling as a record label, there are so many webzines out there that it's hard to do a(n irrelevent) google search or browse through a forum without finding half a dozen... managing their "pages" alone on M-A would be overkill.

on a sidenote, bands have little difficulty finding webzines when they need one. usually, as soon as you pop out a release, you get an inboxful of emails requesting a copy or download link "for review purposes" :)

as for "readers, reviewer and interviewers", f them :p

Reply to topic