Faster Than You
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:26 pm 

What should I expect?

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:35 am 

I haven't seen Kreator yet.

Warbringer is pretty good live, their vocalist is energetic as fuck and does better live actually.

Overkill is amazing live. Like holy shit, I saw them at The Battle For San Bernardino and they tore shit up and everyone went fucknuts crazy. They literally left me a scar, the pit was that intense. You're gonna have fun.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:42 pm 

Kreator - I saw them a while ago, but it was nuts. It made me a huge fan, and I can't wait to see them again on this tour.

Overkill - Amazing as well. I don't like them as much as I used to, which probably affected my enjoyment of their live show, but they're really high energy despite their age.

Warbringer - Really disappointing the one time I saw them. They opened with "Living Weapon" and played it slower than it was on the record. I found most of their songs in general weren't played as quickly. Despite that, I'm curious to see if they'll impress me this time around because I love their albums.

from_the_hills
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:45 pm 

Never seen Kreator or Warbringer (not a fan of Warbringer) but Overkill are consistently amazing. They can play their weakest songs live and make them sound great. Bobby Blitz is the best frontman and singer in thrash. I'll be at one of the shows next week.

Tuonela1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:20 pm 

Kreator is my favorite thrash band, they're highly enjoyable. Warbringer is one of the more better "neothrash" bands out there, and Overkill is Overkill. If you're seeing them in a Tri-state area venue, expect lots and lots of mayhem.

Keep an eye out for "WASTED" caps and hightops.

from_the_hills
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:22 am 

Tuonela1 wrote:
Keep an eye out for "WASTED" caps

Never heard of that, what's that all about?

Tuonela1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:35 am 

Those kids with those Municipal Waste hats ;)

Faster Than You
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:25 pm 

I'm going to see them at the Trocadero Theatre in Philadelphia, PA does that make a difference or not?

Tuonela1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:55 pm 

Well, you can expect to see me dressed as Sailor Mars, haha. As Overkill is a Jersey band, lots of their friends and family will be there, and they always go nuts. The crowd in itself will be crazy, every time they played Philly it was packed to the walls.

Faster Than You
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:10 am 

Tuonela1 wrote:
Well, you can expect to see me dressed as Sailor Mars, haha. As Overkill is a Jersey band, lots of their friends and family will be there, and they always go nuts. The crowd in itself will be crazy, every time they played Philly it was packed to the walls.

So yeah someone did dress up as Sailor Mars and the show was amazing, but I had to leave during Overkill's set.

Blackened11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:53 pm 

That was a great show. I though kreator was better but overkill were great as well. The best thing about overkill is that people don't realize they made 16 great thrash albums and kept the real sound alive in the 90's. I was the jester of blackened thrash. I had a gospel of the horns shirt with a jester hat in the pit

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:57 pm 

Weird, I thought Overkill was a hundred times better than Kreator myself. Kreator performed well and the sound was way better than last time when they were with Accept (strangely Accept's sound was fine but Kreator's was garbage then, but I digress), but their setlist was kind of meh. Only 4 old songs, 2 of which were medley. Whereas the only small blemish on Overkill's otherwise fantastic setlist was Necroshine. Tons of new songs, and their newer material shits all over Kreator's too. Overkill was just all the much more entertaining to me. Though I must disclose that I was dead tired from a martial arts tournament the same day and spent all the energy I had left on Overkill, so I was just plain exhausted when Kreator came, and found a bench to sit on and relax for the rest of the show. xD

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Reply to topic