Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheTrueIT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:47 am 

I am getting back into drawing up logos. If you need one, send me a PM. Info needed;
- Size of logo
- Format ie jpg, gif, psd ect..
- Your e-mail address
- Link to your music for inspiration (if you have nothing recorded, send me a link to something close to your sound)

For some examples go check out the Death Knell Designs Facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Death-Knell-Designs/536735863088020

Ed
Death Knell Designs

Last edited by TheTrueIT on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:11 am 

This is good, but I don't believe you should be charging for these yet... You are yet to hone in on your skill, but that can happen over time. Might I suggest doing free logos for a while? Your logos certainly show potential, but I wouldn't expect them to sell anytime soon, as they seem to be the standard logos for death metal demo-tape releases.

Keep in mind that there are a LOT of logo artists. Christophe Spajzdel, for instance, charges no money for logos right now, and he has done over 10,000 of them for bands such as Emperor and the like.

This is just my two cents on the topic. For what it's worth, I believe you have potential later on, but this current service isn't something I would pay money for.

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:54 am 

I agree with that guy, I would totally ask you to do one for me but I simply am not going to pay someone when I could find someone that could do just as well or better for free, especially for a solo project that won't make any money or for the most part be acknowledged. But really, I love the ones you posted and I think you could do exactly what I'm looking for.

TheTrueIT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:13 am 

Thank you for your comments guys. Some valid points indeed. I decided to edit my post and nix the charge. Like you said, I still need to hone my skills. Thank you very much for the feedback.

Ed

TheTrueIT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:15 am 

Now known as Death Knell Designs. If you are looking for a logo for your band PM me.

Reply to topic