Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 243066
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:16 am 

This is my black/speed metal band, Exterminator.
For people into Hell Hammer, Slayer (if they broke up after Hell Awaits), Damnation (Can), Midnight, etc.

Check out my single, Sacrificed, on bandcamp.

I should be releasing a 7" hopefully by spring 2014.

Keep true black metal alive.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:55 am 

Love it! When will you have a full length album?
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:59 am 

I'll check it around lunch. I hope if you are going to release a 7in you get some proper artwork and a proper logo and not the stock font you used and the most bland cliche of plain black and a pentagram.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:10 am 

This was pretty neat! I was a little disappointed by the consolidation of what sounded like it was gonna be two nicely-separated guitar takes into basically a mono guitar after the intro, but that's really my only gripe. Cool song. I'd listen to more of this for sure.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

alexaons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:15 am 

Cool break down at 0:50

~Guest 243066
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:07 am 

THEMICRULAH wrote:
Love it! When will you have a full length album?

Thank you very much! Honestly, right now, I have absolutely no idea. I've got four songs written so far, but I just started college and I'm still getting used to the whole living away from home thing. That said, I promise to anyone who really enjoys my music that I should have more out as soon as I can get it all written and everything taken care of financially.

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I'll check it around lunch. I hope if you are going to release a 7in you get some proper artwork and a proper logo and not the stock font you used and the most bland cliche of plain black and a pentagram.

Awesome! Oh, of course, I don't plan on my actual release looking like this. This is just a temporary album art for when I don't have my own. I still plan on using the Olde English font for my logo though, at least for now, I just love the charm it has.

iamntbatman wrote:
This was pretty neat! I was a little disappointed by the consolidation of what sounded like it was gonna be two nicely-separated guitar takes into basically a mono guitar after the intro, but that's really my only gripe. Cool song. I'd listen to more of this for sure.

Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, I actually really hate that the guitar goes like that. Its just a lazy production thing that I'm guilty of doing. I promise though that the next song I release is gonna have two guitars, rather than just one guitar split into two tracks. and, thank you! That means a ton.

alexaons wrote:
Cool break down at 0:50

Thank you!

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am 

Hell yeah man. Black/speed metal is one of my favorite styles and you know how to play it, so I look forward to it.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:26 am 

Damn dude, good stuff. And I'm not even into black metal all that much.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:55 am 

I like riffing quite a bit, I thought the drums could sound better(but that part's just personal preference). I like the vocals a lot also, though maybe the timing could be better so they lock better with the song for greater impact. Sounds a lot like My Sacrifice from Bathory, IMO hehe. Good stuff.

~Guest 243066
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:57 pm 

THEMICRULAH wrote:
Hell yeah man. Black/speed metal is one of my favorite styles and you know how to play it, so I look forward to it.

Thanks dude, I hope you like the new stuff when it comes out.

thrashinbatman wrote:
Damn dude, good stuff. And I'm not even into black metal all that much.

Thank you! I mean, most people would barely even call this black metal so thats probably why. Glad you like it!

somefella wrote:
I like riffing quite a bit, I thought the drums could sound better(but that part's just personal preference). I like the vocals a lot also, though maybe the timing could be better so they lock better with the song for greater impact. Sounds a lot like My Sacrifice from Bathory, IMO hehe. Good stuff.

Yeah, I plan on having better recording equipment by the time I release the next few songs. Thank you! Yeah, thats one of my biggest problems when writing music, I've never really been confident in my vocals and I kinda just throw them in at the end to keep the song together. and haha I never even thought of that, I guess it is pretty similar.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:25 pm 

The vocals are another instrument so just think of them as such. Your vocal tone is nice already, just be confident and sink it in during the appropriate parts, aka keeping the groove gliding along.

~Guest 243066
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:49 am 

somefella wrote:
The vocals are another instrument so just think of them as such. Your vocal tone is nice already, just be confident and sink it in during the appropriate parts, aka keeping the groove gliding along.

Thanks man, I hope to have more confidence in my vocals by the time I'm next recording.

diamond_famicom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:57 pm 

nice recording! I love how it rumbles. not really black metal. the vocals could be a bit quieter, but that's only my preference.

~Guest 243066
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:35 pm 

diamond_famicom wrote:
nice recording! I love how it rumbles. not really black metal. the vocals could be a bit quieter, but that's only my preference.

Thank you! Yeah, it isn't really "black metal" in the way people think about it anymore, but I feel like it still has a classic "first wave black metal" vibe to it and thats enough for me to call it black metal. I hope to have better vocal recording equipment when I release more music, I'm glad you enjoyed this!

Reply to topic