Oct. 25–Oakland, CA–Oakland Metro
Oct. 26–Los Angeles, CA–VEX
Oct. 27–Phoenix, AZ–Rocky Point Cantina
Oct. 28–Albuquerque, NM–Launch Pad
Oct. 30–Austin, TX–Red 7
Nov. 1–Atlanta, GA–Masquerade Hell
Nov. 2–Charlotte, NC–The Casbah
Nov. 3–Baltimore, MD–Baltimore Sound Stage

I'm skipping this as I've seen both Watain and IS before but I wanted to see Tribulation, oh well, I'm not seeing Watain again, they were pretty underwhelming.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Last edited by Metantoine on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I added the poster.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:06 pm 

Eh, the Orange goblin concert is a couple days after this in Charlotte, I think I'd rather hit that up.

Jds197
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:15 pm 

Disappointed they decided to skip Pittsburgh this year. It's the first time I've been able to see them and it's also the first time they chose to leave us out of their tour plans.

Priestesshay
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:56 pm 

I'm pretty excited about this. I'd like to see how the new record sounds live.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:12 pm 

Now that's actually a line-up I really wouldn't mind seeing. Don't like any of these bands to the umpteenth level but I dig material from each, In Solitude the most, so I'll see.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

onorato73
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:47 pm 

Jds197 wrote:
Disappointed they decided to skip Pittsburgh this year. It's the first time I've been able to see them and it's also the first time they chose to leave us out of their tour plans.

I'm from Pittsburgh too, we've been robbed.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm 

I'm tempted to go now since the new In Solitude is fucking awesome.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:20 pm 

I'm most likely buying tickets to the Worcester date, but I'm not a fan of the upstairs room where they're playing. Sound has always sucked, in my experience. Excited to see In Solitude though because I got to the show too late when they played on the Decibel tour and missed them.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:33 am 

I got my ticket tonight for the show next week, can't wait to see In Solitude play more than 25 minutes. Tribulation will be great too and I enjoy some of Watain's stuff. It's gonna be a cool night. I may write a live report if I have the time. Might be cool if some of you guys who are going to the first days could report with the setlists.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:06 am 

I'm going the day before you, assuming you're seeing the Montreal show, so I'll post the setlists if someone hasn't already.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:39 am 

Going to the Philly show Dying to see In Solitude, the new album is so fucking different from the first two, and Watain's new shit should sound good live, hope they play the Wild Hunt great viking period Bathory tribute song!

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:10 pm 

Seeing Godflesh on the 20th in MA and flying to Seattle on the 21st dont think im going to make it. anyone know how to sell these tickets purchased at etix?

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:22 pm 

The Watain setlist from last night's show is up. There's a lot of the usual ones, like "Stellarvore" and "The Devil's Blood," and "Malfeitor" and "Reaping Death" have stuck around. No "Waters of Ain" this time, but quite a few tracks off "The Wild Hunt." I'm looking forward to tomorrow night!

Didn't see any setlists from In Solitude or Tribulation.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/watain/2013/irving-plaza-new-york-ny-3c739af.html

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:58 pm 

No "They Rode On" :( but at least they play the title track.

In Solitude plays "Sister", "To Her Darkness" and "Demons" for sure, I've seen some vids.
Sister: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifduPbZY ... e=youtu.be

Edit: they also play "A Buried Sun" (FUCK YES) and "We Were Never Here"

Edit 2: a 42 minutes set!
+ Demons
+ Lavender
+ To Her Darkness
+ A Buried Sun
+ We Were Never Here
+ Sister
+ Witches Sabbath

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:14 pm 

Hearing "They Rode On" live would provide a nice breathing moment in between the other songs for sure.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:48 pm 

I thought they were going to do They rode on but didn't. But, they are playing the Wild Hunt as the last song, fucking amazing LIVE!!! and In Solitude's set was awesome as well.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:15 pm 

I might spoil a bit of the show, mainly Watain's set, but read on if you dare.

Tribulation played a cool set. They had curtains up behind them effectively pushing them to the edge of an already very small stage, but they rocked out regardless. Both guitarists in particular were very expressive and the vocalist had a good presence. The drummer was top-notch but I had trouble seeing him. I hadn't heard any of their songs before the show. I thought they sounded quite a bit like Watain but towards the end of their set they transitioned this drawn out, atmospheric section with clean guitar parts and no vocals which I thought was really cool.

In Solitude played a great set, I was impressed! Definitely regret not catching them on the Decibel Mag Tour but hey, they probably played twice as long this time, so it's all good. Only complaint is Pelle's vocals were too low in the mix, almost inaudible at times. But that's what I've come to expect from the Upstairs room at the Palladium. They also played at the edge of the stage, dropping Tribulation's banner for their own which was just a white splotch that looked like the Sister art. I don't own any of their releases but to my knowledge they played a good selection from all three albums and three or four from the new one.

Watain sets up, and they drop the curtains, making the stage seem quite roomy despite actually being small. For stage props they had what were essentially white room dividers with a whole amalgamation of things attached, mainly bones I think. It had this menacing and cryptic look under the red lighting. On either end were these sharply curved wing-shaped things which looked equally vicious. And then to top it all off, amongst the sharp metal objects placed in front of the drums, they had smoke machine, which made the small Upstairs room of the Palladium dense with funeral fog. Watain of course did not disappoint in the dressing department either. Their intro was a loud grating bass, which I believe they used the last time I saw them. I started to get worried when all I could hear was the bass and vocals, but they fixed this after maybe three or four songs and they ended up having the best sound I've ever heard on that particular stage. I didn't keep track of how many songs they played but their set was easily 90+ plus and I enjoyed the offering of songs. My one gripe is that I'm 99% positive Watain had backing tracks for the clean vocals. In fact it was obvious that they did, and Erik sang along with them but he was too quiet. Regardless, I will most definitely be making the trek to see Watain again when they return.

I bought the black Watain tour shirt for $20, a set of their pins for $5, and an In Solitude pin for another buck. Tribulation's vocalist and who I think is their drummer were at their merch table for a good portion of the night. I bought their record for $25 before I went home. The layout of its sleeve is cool, records are nice and heavy 180g black vinyl as to be expected, and the sides correspond to symbols as notated on the back of the sleeve. It also came with a large and sturdy booklet with their lyrics and drawings. On a side note, they had a cardboard sign at their table saying that they needed a place to stay for the night. It was still there at the end of the show but I hope they found a place to sleep.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:39 am 

I wanted to write a full live review but bah, I'm lazy. Tribulation were great, they were one of the reasons I bought a ticket, their set was short but it was to be expected. Wanderer in the Outer Darkness was awesome, I got the CD and apparently they had a place to stay since the cardboard wasn't on their merch table! In Solitude were absolutly genius, much better than on the Decibel tour, I got Sister and a patch. Their setlist was exactly as I said in my last post, A Buried Sun was immense. Pelle was quite stoned, he has a very good pusher. Watain's set was ok, I'm not the biggest fan and I think they're hit and miss but I enjoyed most of it. I don't think they played the full set linked in this thread. After the show, an outro was played and the crowd cheered for the band for a good five minutes but they never came back. Pretentious fucks. I was also surprised Erik played bass, I think their usual live bassist can't cross the border or something.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:02 am 

Erik played bass? They had their usual bassist yesterday so yeah, must have been problems getting into Canada. Might have something to do with the shortened setlist. And Watain do that at every show, I guess it's part of the "ritual." While everybody was standing around bewildered I went and bought my record then left. They already had an encore so I assumed that was the end of it.

Edit: Photo of my loot

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:48 pm 

Does Watain have any longsleeve shirts for this tour?
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:19 pm 

I don't recall any longsleeves. There were a couple t-shirt designs $20 a piece and a zip-up sweatshirt at $45.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:53 am 

Reading Metantoine's review of In Solitude's newest made me want to listen to it again and man did my opinion on it turn around. It's actually pretty good. I didn't like how there was no oomph to it but it's better than I gave it credit for. The same goes for Tribulation's Formulas... which is way longer than the debut but is so brooding that it's strange. I haven't heard the latest Watain, but I did go back to Lawless Darkness and I'm re-loving it. Kicks the shit out of Casus Luciferi. Now I'll probably see them when they ride by on the 21st.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:52 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
Reading Metantoine's review of In Solitude's newest made me want to listen to it again and man did my opinion on it turn around. It's actually pretty good.

:thumbsup: Don't miss them live! They were fucking awesome!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:25 pm 

Man the show last night was good. Opening band wasn't much but they had some good riffs (Occult SS), then Tribulation comes on and only by the end of their set when they get into a groove is the crowd really getting into them. After that In Solitude comes on and they ROCK the fuck out of the place. Even the Sister songs were better live. The bassist was more of a frontman than the frontman, too. He was at the front scything the crowd, and my friend and I were right at center-front ducking out of the way as his bass neck stabs the crowd. One thing he did that was gross as shit was hock loogies and blow out his nose right onto the stage floor right in front us. Yuck.

Anyway, they go and Watain's stuff is set up. My god, they've got to be the most visually impressive band I've ever seen. The bones, the fire, the smoke, the backdrop, the lights, and the altar made them a sight to behold. Erik himself makes that shit work, although the inverted crosses right at the front annoyed me personally. One was directly in front of me, so headbanging the way I wanted was out of the question - my head kept hitting it. The one thing I would have loved for him to do with the torches was blow flames, but alas he sparked them with powder and shit. Nonetheless it was a good, long set that was atmospheric as hell and the crowd was pumped the whole way through.

One thing that was thoroughly lacking was the merch. There were no really good designs on any of them! Left the gig with nothing.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:32 am 

In Solitude have an Indiegogo campaign going to help pay for this tour... check it out: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/in-so ... /x/5174873

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:36 am 

Damn, I'm happy I gave them 15 bucks for merch then! If I wasn't broke as fuck, I would probably help them even more. They deserve it.

BTW, the guy in the vid is the leader of this band: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Zud/3540362258 I reviewed them back in July and I was pretty fucking surprised to see the CD on the merch table at the gig! I already had it since they sent it to me though but it's awesome. Waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Watain ;)

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:14 am 

They've already reached their goal so things are looking up.

I never noticed that CD, nor have I heard of the band before. Better than Watain? I know you're not a big fan to begin with but now I have to check them out!

Reply to topic