Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 247223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:58 pm 

We used to have a shop in Vilnius (Lithuania) that used to sell metal music merchandise. That shop changed its looks about a year ago and now only sells stuff for goths and emo. Also, they closed their shop and now sell their stuff through internet.
However, there is one internet shop that sells metal music merchandise. Their website: http://www.ledotakas.net/webshop/
They sell CDs, vinyls, cassettes, DVDs, clothes (t-shirts, sleeveless and longsleeve shirts, women shirts, sweatshirts, caps), badges, patches, wristbands, pendants, stickers, posters, backpatches, bandanas, keychains, lighters. Overall, ledotakas are probably the only shop in Lithuania that sell metal music merchandise as far as I know.

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:23 am 

Help me find Underground music Store in Belgium, city of Brussels .Im going there for a business trip next month.. Adress and Contact Info would be great help.. HAIL METAL

Blackcaturday2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:06 pm 

i havent looked throught the thread too much, but what about state college pa (where i go to school) and pittsburgh pa (where i live)?
Nu galad hen fireb?

gamer86
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:09 pm 

Anything in Indianapolis? Been trying to find one around here, so far no luck.

~Guest 190475
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:13 pm 

Any shops in Dubrovnik, Trebinje or near those places? Montenegro is allowed aswell, please help!

~Guest 190475
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:24 am 

Could you please help me to find shops in Dubrovnik or Trebinje?

wolf95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:48 pm 

is there anything for Maryland? specifically the Annapolis area? i know of most of them in baltimore and DC but im curious if there are others in my state

CabalofKadara
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:11 am 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
If you dig black metal check out Aquarius in the Mission in SF.

I actually found that they have Vomit's Still Rotting comp on their website.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:07 pm 

Yeah I almost picked up a copy of the Anti-Geldof comp in there a few months back myself, they've got a surprising amount of obscure stuff for such a small storefront but it's unfortunately limited to a few styles, mostly in the black metal realm due to records are brought in specifically on the recommendation of their metal guy who seems to have a narrow focus. On the plus side each album gets a quick review/bio/pertinent info blurb which can be handy.

scarhcqc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:46 pm 

Anybody know of any around Chattanooga Tennessee? The only one i know of is in the Northgate Mall.

GardensofGrief
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:18 pm 

Would anybody happen to know any in the Omaha/Lincoln area?

DoomHammer666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:54 pm 

a metal shop in Los Angeles? im looking to buy some more of the well known metal bands albums, stuff like Korpiklaani,Immortal,Overkill. also looking for a few shirts

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:30 pm 

I dont know if its been mentioned and I don't know if theres anyone looking for a store in the area, but I was just at Bull Moose in Portland Maine and they have a small, but very good metal collection.

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:59 pm 

As far as I know, Scrape Records in Vancouver is still going strong.

bloodmyst
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 am 

DoomHammer666 wrote:
a metal shop in Los Angeles? im looking to buy some more of the well known metal bands albums, stuff like Korpiklaani,Immortal,Overkill. also looking for a few shirts

Seriously, get down to the mecca of all American independent record stores: Amoeba Music on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. This place has everything!

rageagainstyoutoo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:59 pm 

In Paris (France) you can looking for Gilbert Joseph, near Notre Dame church.There is a large choice with moderate price. You have also Rock'N'Roll Voltage on Rue du Roi de Sicile, they have a lots of rare albums.

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:25 pm 

Any Rock/Metal stores in the Rosendale-Marbletown-New Paltz area of New York state?

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:41 pm 

bloodmyst wrote:
DoomHammer666 wrote:

Seriously, get down to the mecca of all American independent record stores: Amoeba Music on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. This place has everything!

Aside from that, look for Dark Realm Records. Great place and all out metal, nothing else!

Nephilim96
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:29 pm 

Quote:
Aside from that, look for Dark Realm Records. Great place and all out metal, nothing else!

I believe that's closed at the moment. Looking for a new location or something.

TheLordJewcifer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:16 am 

Anybody know of any good shops in Georgia? Specifically the Atlanta area. Thanks!

chugging_pus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:22 am 

Greetings, I am currently not an actual brick and mortar shop. But I do have a webstore here: http://sonicpoison.squarespace.com

If you live within a drive-able distance of Central New Jersey, drop me an email or give me a call. I'll let ya shop in person!

Faster Than You
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 pm 

Middletown and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania?

Blackl_Ice1996
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:05 am 

Anyone know one in Melbourne, Australia? Would be greatly appreciated

PushTheButtonFrank
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:42 am 

Can anyone find a good record store in Lawrenceville, Georgia? Thanks in advance.

RoarkTenjouin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:00 am 

Any in Seattle, WA? I know a few shops that have a sizeable metal/hardcore section, but I think a specialty shop would be better.

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:04 pm 

RoarkTenjouin wrote:
Any in Seattle, WA? I know a few shops that have a sizeable metal/hardcore section, but I think a specialty shop would be better.

Zion Gate Records on Capitol Hill, thats the exclusive metal shop. I would go there to check it out but honostly the people arn't very friendly/dont want to talk to you, and the prices are ridiculous just check out their discogs you will see what I mean.

For 2ndhand/independent record shops there are plenty of great ones check out;

Singles Going Steady
Jive Time (not much metal but worth checking it out)
Everyday Music
Silver Platters (pricy but they actually have good stuff, and 3 locations)
Neptune Music
Golden Oldies

All of those are worth checking out imo, I think there are a few others as well but that is what I have for you. Also the numerous good wills are allways worth checking out, I just got a very nice Yamaha tape deck from the Bellevue location for dirt cheap.

Edit: Some homeless looking guy that was probably in his 60s sold me a Mercyful Fate tour shirt while I was in Belltown one time so keep your eye out never know what you can find.

Nephilim96
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:36 am 

Any good stores or metal related things to check out in Phoenix, AZ?

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:34 am 

For Chicago/suburb folks, Erosion_of_Humanity and I discovered a used CD store near Schaumburg with an unusually high volume of good metal: Most of Taake's discog, Bal-Sagoth, Borknagar, Absu, Rotting Christ, Aborym, Enslaved, obscure black metal...It has its own metal section separate from the rest of the CDs, which is something I've never seen at a used store before. It's called Disc Replay, in Hoffman Estates.

dirty fuck satan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:44 am 

Calling all Spanish: I'm heading out to Barcelona in May, but I'd like to know well beforehand if there's any metal shops (or other record stores!) worth checking out.

captaincrunchy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:19 pm 

Anyone know a place around Santa Ana or Irvine, or maybe Tustin? Ideally somewhere that sells vinyl records and merch. Any other items (posters, specialty guitar bits, etc.) are also good.

Bloodsun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:07 pm 

TheLordJewcifer wrote:
Anybody know of any good shops in Georgia? Specifically the Atlanta area. Thanks!

Criminal Records usually has a descent metal selection. I've seen Wax n Facts with Mercyful Fate records n such but the employees there usually pull that kind of stuff out for themselves like a bunch of selfish assholes (haha). Other than that, there are usually people within the city that have good records n shit for trade.

LongLiveTheNewFlesh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:10 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
Cleveland, OH- besides ultrasound records.

I am actually new to the general Cleveland area ... Ultrasound records, huh? Do they specialize in metal or are they just a comprehensive record shop?

Dark_Angel_Justin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:15 pm 

In Las Vegas there's a record store called Zia Records. They have some stores in San Diego I think. They have 2 here in Las Vegas. They got some good stuff in the store. Lots of used and new Metal CDs from all kinds of genres. They also have Rock, Hip Hop, Country. They sell new and used CDs, LPs, and DVDS. They also have novelty items and book.

MetalDevastator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm 

FrigidGround wrote:
Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Any good stores around Muncie, Indiana?

Or anything in the general Northeast Indiana area? I live in Ft. Wayne, which is where the Dark Horizon Records webstore is run from, but I would really like to have a physical shop to visit. Any help would be much appreciated.

I highly recommend Village Green Records in the Ball state area of Muncie. Sorry it's not a metal record store, but when they get metal in it's usually pretty interesting stuff. For the most part it's black metal/doom. I know the last time I went in there they had the new Inquisition, Thrall, Temple of Baal, and exhumed. It's hard to find a cd that's over 14 bucks. The owner is pretty cool. He'll most likely turn you on to some killer bands. You could also try Dan's Downtown records in Muncie. They have a good amount of metal, but you won't find many bands you haven't heard of.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:46 am 

MUNICH. I need directions to any store in Munich wargh

OfIceAndMovement
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:30 am 

I'm based out of Ottawa, ON, Canada and I'm trying to find a metal store where I can buy some black metal albums, memorabilia and so on. I doubt it, but surprise me. :D

puggy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 am 

Lоng Island, anyone? Preferably eastern LI.

CCSaint10
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:17 pm 

Does anyone know of any dedicated metal shops in or around the Dayton, Ohio area? I've never been able to find any. However, in terms of just more general music stores, I definitely love Second Time Around in downtown Dayton - I'd say at least half of my collection has come from that store. With enough luck, you can walk out with some great stuff, and I know I've spent as much as $50 on exceptionally rare albums I never thought I'd see anywhere else. Definitely a great store, but sometimes you do need a lot of luck, though I suppose it really does depend on what you're looking for.

Farther from the Dayton area, I know of Dreadful Sounds and Magnolia Thunderpussy in the Columbus area, both of which I think have been mentioned in this thread at some point. I went to both back in 2011 and found them to be pretty nice. Dreadful Sounds is a little more on the punk and hardcore side, and they DEFINITELY favor vinyl over CD, so don't expect a whole lot of CDs there. Magnolia Thunderpussy, on the other hand, has a very large metal selection from what I remember, and a lot of t-shirts too. I forgot what their vinyl selection is like, but at the time I only cared about CDs so I was definitely pleased.

Postemortem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:24 pm 

Anyone know of any metal shops in or around Suffern, NY? Or the Rockland county area as a whole?

stenchlord
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:51 pm 

Philadelphia, PA:

Beautiful World Syndicate
Decent selection of used metal, mostly 7"'s and albums. Also carries a lot of punk and crust albums.

AKA Music
Used metal CD section, super decent "obscure black metal" CD section with a lot of new/difficult to find stuff. They carry a lot of classic represses (the red in the sky is ours, i.n.r.i, etc). Mostly new albums. The majority of the store is indie rock/whatever is popular at the moment. This is your typical, trendy tourist spot in Old City but it is really worth checking out.

Long in the Tooth
New and used albums. A lot of different types of metal, grindcore, crust, etc. Pretty good selection. Dedicated to the "alternative" music crowd.

Digital Ferret
Their metal selection is small but they have a lot of hard to find industrial, neofolk, ebm and darkwave. Also dedicated "alternative" record store.

In NJ there is an amazing store called Vintage Vinyl. I haven't been there in years, but their metal section is gigantic.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 35  Next