Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:08 pm 

Meh, I like them. They're unabashedly cheesy, yet entertaining.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:59 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
The singer of Battle Beast is awesome. I can't think of another female vocalist off the top of my head who sings traditional or power metal this good. Sounds like Halford on the highs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38zmdwd5K3E

The singer on the first album is better, quite a bit better. But the new one's good too.

FasterDisaster knows not what he speaks, Battle Beast kills.

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 pm 

This obviously has nothing to do with that toy line/cartoon from the late 80s???

I used to love collecting those!!!

3 elements: Fire, Water, Wood(WTF?????) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 am 

AcidWorm wrote:
The singer of Battle Beast is awesome. I can't think of another female vocalist off the top of my head who sings traditional or power metal this good. Sounds like Halford on the highs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38zmdwd5K3E

Leather Leon, dude. I'm not even a big Chastain fan but she's way better than any singer in Battle Beast. Goddamn, Finland's really good at producing awful metal (I guess this is what happens when every 5th person in your country likes Iron Maiden).

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:22 am 

Battle Beast in general is garbage and utterly cringesome.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:52 am 

I'm about to destroy my face with two-dollar razors, you guys!!!

EDIT: Oh my god, I was kind of kidding, but this is no joke, these two-dollar razors fucked my face up. It looks like I got into a fight with a mountain lion in a phone booth.

Last edited by ~Guest 98976 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:59 am 

Have fun!
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:17 am 

eagerly looking forward to FD's next thrilling anecdote. "just left my asshole seriously sore and red from budget toilet paper, you guys!!!"

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:18 am 

Were they BIC razors? Those are the worst cheap razors in existence I swear. BIC makes some decent ones but holy hell did my neck look like shit when I tried their bottom shelf swill.

caspian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:22 am 

You just run your neck under warm water for ages and ages before you actually shave and normally you pull it off. Terrible if you haven't shaved for months, though.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:27 am 

caspian wrote:
eagerly looking forward to FD's next thrilling anecdote. "just left my asshole seriously sore and red from budget toilet paper, you guys!!!"

It's funny you mention that...

On the razor front, these were the Target store brand razors. Also, I had just shaved my beard off three days prior, used leftover razors, but had no bleeding. I will try warm water next time.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:30 am 

Shave with downstrokes in the shower, upstrokes right after while the pores are still open or the inverse if you prefer.

Avoiding toilet paper with the consistency of notebook pages is a life lesson no one needs to learn the hard way. I'll make due on dollar store ramen noodles for sustenance and stained tablecloths for clothing but if there's one thing I simply won't skimp on, it's my quilted 3-ply.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

caspian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:34 am 

Yeah, I'm no fan of cheap razors either but I learned my lesson quickly and painfully when cheap toilet paper got tried. On that note, I wish public toilets stocked proper 3-ply stuff, having to use poo tickets blows tremendously. Surely they don't save that much money on them!

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:46 am 

You know, I can't wrap my head around the economics of that, either. Especially when those same places will have fancy, no-touch, automated hand dryers installed that still take longer than just wiping my hands on my aforementioned makeshift tablecloth polo shirt.

If I'm at an outdoor fest or anywhere else I know there's going to be Port-a-John's, I bring along a small pack of wet wipes and use those instead. Lemon for the summer, something floral for the autumn.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 am 

Digestive problems will fuck your butthole up, too.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:55 am 

I think you'd be surprised to learn that the industrial grade sand paper that gets passed off as toilet paper is actually very cheap in most cases, it usually costs less than $10 a box.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 am 

http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

really fucking great razors. cheap as hell.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:00 am 

So, you guys are talking abour razors and assholes.

You know, I sometimes wonder what this forum must look like to strangers.

Also, does this remind you of anything?

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:40 am 

Quote:
Were they BIC razors? Those are the worst cheap razors in existence I swear. BIC makes some decent ones but holy hell did my neck look like shit when I tried their bottom shelf swill.

Good God, those things are death - might as well try to shave using a lit-lighter.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:42 am 

Xlxlx wrote:

Man, talk about copying.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:55 am 

Xlxlx wrote:

Wow what a tool. I always thought this site had copyrights though?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:16 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

Wow what a tool. I always thought this site had copyrights though?

But it is different, there's a "Therapy" subforum. :lol:

To a certain extent, I have to admire Anton's Sisyphean tenacity.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:45 pm 

I'm sick of hearing about that site. It's one user who was banned here and a bunch of trolls. Just leave it be, or at least don't use this site to post bulletins about the other site. If you need to circle jerk around it, use the promo forum, I guess.

In good news, someone started up a hardcore database and put some serious work into it. I'll be contributing information from my collection, but of course I'll remain dedicated to this site.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=101300

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:47 pm 

Actually Zod, I just brought it up precisely because that forum turned into a rip off of this one. I don't know if this site has copyright or anything, but I thought that it was pertinent.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:01 pm 

Taking a lot of MDMA when piss drunk is obviously a horrible idea, so naturally one of my friends would take it upon himself to do it. Man, I haven't seen anything that fucked up in a long while. He thought there was a spider on him (there wasn't), so he runs into his room and grabs a hunting knife. He proceeds to slash at his own arm. He said if he just squished the spiders, the venom would get him. Then he freaks out because he thinks the blood coming from his arm is actually spider venom that will kill him. It was weird, he thought that spiders where conspiring against him, he went on about it for a while.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:42 pm 

Someone that I know offered me some free MDMA once, I didn't take it. I prefer (preferred, don't really mess with drugs anymore) other things.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:47 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
Taking a lot of MDMA when piss drunk is obviously a horrible idea, so naturally one of my friends would take it upon himself to do it. Man, I haven't seen anything that fucked up in a long while. He thought there was a spider on him (there wasn't), so he runs into his room and grabs a hunting knife. He proceeds to slash at his own arm. He said if he just squished the spiders, the venom would get him. Then he freaks out because he thinks the blood coming from his arm is actually spider venom that will kill him. It was weird, he thought that spiders where conspiring against him, he went on about it for a while.

:eek: Wow I've been around people who have taken lots of MDMA and I can tell you no matter how much you take it can't make you hallucinate quite like that, are you sure it wasn't cut with something else? that's fucked up, is he ok?

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:20 pm 

Alcohol is good with MDMA/ecstasy when you are coming down as it kicks it right back in. Of course, you'll be so dehydrated for the next two days it'll be like pissing syrup when you make tinkles in the old porcelain bowl.

I don't care about drugs these days though, I think once you hit your thirties things either slow down or you quickly go down the tubes to your own death, I just like beer. Beer will never stop in Casa Del Waiguoren I'll tell you that much.

Today I went to the army surplus store in town, and they had winter camo pants, which I have been looking for, uh, for years. The guy said they were from Finland, in other words, like the ones Impaled Nazarene wear. And they had every goddamn size under the sun except for my size. I don't care about not being able to find joy and happiness, or a good woman, or my Super Mario Bros boxers that I lost, I just wish I could get these damn camo pants that I like. Just more reinforcement about how unfair life is I guess.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:40 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
I'll be contributing information from my collection, but of course I'll remain dedicated to this site.

How dare you split your allegiance you unholy blasphemer!

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:48 pm 

SadisticGratification wrote:
:eek: Wow I've been around people who have taken lots of MDMA and I can tell you no matter how much you take it can't make you hallucinate quite like that, are you sure it wasn't cut with something else? that's fucked up, is he ok?

Yeah, he's fine. It could have been laced, he bought it off some random dudes at a party. I did some while I was drinking the other night, and I dunno, it didn't hit me the way I thought it would. I was already drunk, and it definitely got me a bit fucked up, but I wasn't as energetic as I thought I'd be. After that I smoked some weed and just felt tired and not all that great. Thankfully I drank lots of water and was fine in the morning.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:43 pm 

Well, in that case it must've unleashed some dormant psychosis in your buddy. It's known to do that.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:21 pm 

Atropus wrote:
This obviously has nothing to do with that toy line/cartoon from the late 80s???

I used to love collecting those!!!

3 elements: Fire, Water, Wood(WTF?????) :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: how cool you mention those. I put some pics on my tumblr page (signature) just some days ago...
strange coincidence...

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:24 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
Yeah, he's fine. It could have been laced, he bought it off some random dudes at a party. I did some while I was drinking the other night, and I dunno, it didn't hit me the way I thought it would. I was already drunk, and it definitely got me a bit fucked up, but I wasn't as energetic as I thought I'd be. After that I smoked some weed and just felt tired and not all that great. Thankfully I drank lots of water and was fine in the morning.

As long as he's good all is well, I'm not sure if MDMA can have latent effects like LSD but man that was seriously fucked up sounding.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:45 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:
I'll be contributing information from my collection, but of course I'll remain dedicated to this site.

How dare you split your allegiance you unholy blasphemer!

There's enough to split in the Mountain Who Mods.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:57 pm 

I have an interest in the type of hardcore/metalcore that I collect, but I already deal with enough post-hardcore/whiny emo shit here thanks to Depressive Illusions Records.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:02 pm 

For those of you into doom metal, and may possibly a hold fondness for the Sega Genesis classic, Altered Beast, what do you guys think of this track? I stumbled upon it a couple days ago and for the love of pizza, I cannot stop listening to it. It just sounds so somber and eerie, partly in thanks to the image used of it. The original game music had a very specific vibe to it, and hearing it re-done in a new style has given it a completely different life.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:43 pm 

Zodi, that's awesome you got that off the ground! I'll def support.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:30 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Zodi, that's awesome you got that off the ground! I'll def support.

It's not my site :P I'm just glad someone finally started something like this. The founder has a thread in the promo forum too.

I'll still be doing all that stuff I do on this site, like rejecting crappy reviews. :P

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:34 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Actually Zod, I just brought it up precisely because that forum turned into a rip off of this one. I don't know if this site has copyright or anything, but I thought that it was pertinent.

I checked proboard's copyright policy and uh... reporting them sounds like a hassle, way too complicated for what it's worth: http://www.proboards.com/dmca So yeah, he can wallow in his patheticness for all I care.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:01 pm 

So I went through a break up over the last month and I'm sitting around listening to sad music. It was serious, we were together 4 years and lived together and had one of those 'this just isn't working anymore' kind of break-ups, rather than the 'someone did something unforgivable' kind. Music has been a huge help though, I've been listening to heaps of weepy, maudlin stuff. It occurred to me though, metal doesn't really seem to have anything to offer right now. Like sure, DSBM gets at that mopey, melancholic vibe but it's more in an existential way rather than the direct, personal experience that a lot of pop, folk, and country is built around.

I might be totally wrong though and if anyone has some suggestions for good metal break-up songs I'd love to hear them. And like, I'm talking Four Strong Winds kind of melancholy.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292 ... 518  Next