Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:56 am 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:
This is all I wanna show the public from next Rocka Rollas releases until more solid stuff is available!

From third album Celtic Kings: everything finished, except a few songs need vocals and guitar solos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbnN2bO3Wmg

From fourth album Darkheart: everything will be re-recorded, because nobody wants programmed drums, eh? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpexJyRiYQs

Also Blazon Stone and Mortyr follow ups are beginning to take shape!
Short pre-production "snippet" from Blazon Stone sequel here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjsgsqxuV3s

As usual, that sounds amazing! Are they all going to be on Stormspell again?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:46 pm 

Can't wait to hear that Briton Rites album!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:28 pm 

Hahahaha Rocka_Rollas wtf is happening in those videos, man. Sounds like good stuff though, as usual!

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:39 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Hahahaha Rocka_Rollas wtf is happening in those videos, man. Sounds like good stuff though, as usual!

I have no idea :) heheh.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:34 pm 

Nice, Ced. You can do no wrong. And those videos :lol:

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:35 am 

You're really taking the whole Running Wild thing pretty far, I actually got seasick while watching the videos.

Andromeda_Unchained
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:24 am 

Oblarg wrote:
So, Terry Gorle apparently found the original tracks for Graceful Inheritance, and he did a new mix of Another Candle. Check it out:

http://www.heirapparent.com/download/Another_Candle.mp3

He says that this was just him playing around, and he'd get a professional to do any official remix, but goddamn this is such a huge improvement over the original mix that I'm almost at a loss for words. It's so damn clear and crisp. Wow.

Damn, that sounds killer. A remix would be great.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:20 pm 

Anthem (the Japanese band) really know how to write catchy tunes. Some of their songs remind me a bit of anime soundtracks however. :lol:

The Animator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:48 pm 

I got an offer from CRUZ DEL SUR MUSIC to add ARGUS’ new album “Beyond the Martyrs” to my pre order of the new Atlantean Kodex album. I am unfamiliar with Argus, though they sound like something I might like. I the reviews here are positive but I didn't recognize the user names that wrote the reviews. Does anyone have anything good to say about them or any tracks I should check out from their previous albums?

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 pm 

I haven't heard the newest album, but I definitely like them a lot. They're like doom meets NWOBHM. Saw them live last year, they put on a good show too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOgXtoCoZgE

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:21 pm 

Oblarg wrote:
So, Terry Gorle apparently found the original tracks for Graceful Inheritance, and he did a new mix of Another Candle. Check it out:

http://www.heirapparent.com/download/Another_Candle.mp3

He says that this was just him playing around, and he'd get a professional to do any official remix, but goddamn this is such a huge improvement over the original mix that I'm almost at a loss for words. It's so damn clear and crisp. Wow.

The dynamic range compression is horrible; the upper frequencies are just a wall of nasty harshness. He should try again, without the brickwalling. :ugh:

Death to infomercial metal!

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:56 am 

failsafeman wrote:
The Animator wrote:
I got an offer from CRUZ DEL SUR MUSIC to add ARGUS’ new album “Beyond the Martyrs” to my pre order of the new Atlantean Kodex album. I am unfamiliar with Argus, though they sound like something I might like. I the reviews here are positive but I didn't recognize the user names that wrote the reviews. Does anyone have anything good to say about them or any tracks I should check out from their previous albums?

I haven't heard the newest album, but I definitely like them a lot. They're like doom meets NWOBHM. Saw them live last year, they put on a good show too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOgXtoCoZgE

There's a couple preview tracks up on CDS's bandcamp as well as the entirety of Boldly Stride the Doomed. I dig them a ton as far as the instrumentals go but dude's voice is a little hit or miss for me... though I'm beyond picky when it comes to vocals so don't let that deter you, they're rad.

http://cruzdelsurmusic.bandcamp.com/alb ... he-martyrs

http://cruzdelsurmusic.bandcamp.com/alb ... the-doomed
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:48 pm 

A well-made power metal cover of "One Rode to Asa Bay" would be a glorious thing. Just take the Manowar-ness of the song to its ultimate conclusion, increase the technical proficiency of both the vocals and instruments, and maybe fix the Engrish. I'd buy an album just to hear that.

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

The Animator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:18 am 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
I dig them a ton as far as the instrumentals go but dude's voice is a little hit or miss for me... though I'm beyond picky when it comes to vocals so don't let that deter you, they're rad.

That's why I'm hesitant to buy it, vocals in many cases are the make or break factor for me. His voice does sound a little better on the new tracks though.

Also according to their facebook page Ascension are finally getting their album released in Europe and North America. They sound like old DragonForce only without annoying keyboards and I like the vocalist better. It sounds like it might be a fun album, just not $30+ worth of fun. But now since its up for pre- order on amazon for $13.08 I will be picking it up.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:58 am 

Fuck... That sugar shock was a bit too much for me :( and I really tried to like it.

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:17 pm 

So, Terry Gorle did Masters of Invasion, too. Holy shit, I'm totally behind him just remixing the whole damn album at this point.

http://www.heirapparent.com/download/Ma ... vasion.mp3

metroplex
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:13 pm 

New Iron Savior. Piet just posted this on fb.

Hey Folks,
some news from the IS camp: final approach for finishing songwriting. Working like a maniac to have all songs ready to record by the end of September. I will take 2 week break in Andalusia where I hope to catch some nice swell (I'm a pathetic boogie soft boarder, haha). When getting back to hamburg by mid of Oktober, I'll start mixing the new Stormwarrior right away, followed seamlessly by recording drums with Thomas for IS. After that all vocals will be nailed to start mixing by early November to deliver everything by the 25th. Keep your fingers crossed that this really tight and ambitious schedule is working out! Release is scheduled for Feb 28th 2014!! Felipe Machado is working on the Artwork already and I can't wait for the first draft...
So, that's it for the moment.
All the best to all of you!
\m/ Piet

BreedingtheSpawn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:42 pm 

Looking for newer bands similar to Orden Ogan and Cage (US)?

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:19 pm 

BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
Looking for newer bands similar to Orden Ogan and Cage (US)?

Could you give more examples? I don't really see the connection between Orden Ogan and Cage.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5iIygNzj8

New Tad Morose teaser. Sounds quite promising to me. The intro riff grab your attention right away and the new vocalist does a good job too. He's no copy of Urban Breed but definitely sounds a bit similiar to him. Can't wait to hear the full thing.

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:46 pm 

I am loving the heavy metal with gothic rock vibe here. People were commenting on the vid, that such stuff has been done before. Could you guys tell me which bands have a sound similar to this. This dark gothic rock proggy tinged sound ?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:00 pm 

"This is just a mix of heavy metal and gothic rock influences a la the Sisters of Mercy. Something that has been done many, many times before." I guess Type O Negative did that but there's not a bands I can think of. Thanks for reminding me to disregard youtube comments once again!

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:16 pm 

colin040 wrote:

New Tad Morose teaser. Sounds quite promising to me. The intro riff grab your attention right away and the new vocalist does a good job too. He's no copy of Urban Breed but definitely sounds a bit similiar to him. Can't wait to hear the full thing.

I don't usually complain about clicky drums and such, but I found the double bass at the beginning to be very distracting. Beyond that, it was a fine teaser. The new singer is good, though he sounds extremely familiar. Seriously, he's a dead ringer for another vocalist, but no names are coming to mind right now :annoyed:

Aydross
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:02 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
colin040 wrote:

I don't usually complain about clicky drums and such, but I found the double bass at the beginning to be very distracting. Beyond that, it was a fine teaser. The new singer is good, though he sounds extremely familiar. Seriously, he's a dead ringer for another vocalist, but no names are coming to mind right now :annoyed:

Tim Owens?

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:03 am 

I'm hearing a bit of Ripper in him.

EDIT: What he said. ^^^

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:51 am 

Metantoine wrote:
"This is just a mix of heavy metal and gothic rock influences a la the Sisters of Mercy. Something that has been done many, many times before." I guess Type O Negative did that but there's not a bands I can think of. Thanks for reminding me to disregard youtube comments once again!

Coven's Worship New Gods is one. But yeah, goth rock and actual heavy metal (not Type O Negative doom-y, slightly alternative, occasionally hardcore-y, sometimes Beatles-y stuff) don't often get mixed. I didn't really care for the new In Solitude stuff I heard but they're certainly not flogging a dead horse here.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am 

Tiamat does it on a couple albums and The Vision Bleak does as well - but yeah, it's a relatively niche style. Haven't heard the new IS yet but I'm interested to hear it, I do like me some goth rock with my metal now and then.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:20 am 

Coven has some goth elements? I was hesitant to check them out due to somecomments I've seen here (Failsy and others), maybe I will now.

My review for In Solitude's new album is written and I'll proofread it later, it's definitely my favorite traditional metal album of the year (the new Slough Feg is not out yet!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... VYZYyWVDvY
The debut full length (epic heavy/doom from Toronto) finally got a release date (October 15th), it's very cool stuff in the vein of Solstice, check the last track!

The artwork was done by Kris Verwimp!
Spoiler: show

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:00 am 

@Aydross and I_Am_Vengeance: yeah, I was thinking of Ripper. This dude's lower register sounds very similar to Owens'.

As for the new In Solitude..... Well, I just know that the titletrack is damn cool. If the rest of the album is like that, then I'll be happy. Is the rest of the album like the titletrack, Tony?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 am 

You'll have to wait and read my review ;) The title track is one of the fastest track on "Sister".
Edit: It's on my blog.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:42 pm 

You guys digging the new Volture album "On the Edge"?? I have been enjoying it immensely. I was still partial to Brent's vocals on Rulebreaker when I heard the preview songs they posted up with Jack a few months ago but I've changed my mind since. As much as I love an abundance of over the top falsetto I think Jack utilizes them better and his vocal lines seem to flow with the music a lot better than Brent's did. http://volture.bandcamp.com/album/on-the-edge-2
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:17 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
You guys digging the new Volture album "On the Edge"?? I have been enjoying it immensely. I was still partial to Brent's vocals on Rulebreaker when I heard the preview songs they posted up with Jack a few months ago but I've changed my mind since. As much as I love an abundance of over the top falsetto I think Jack utilizes them better and his vocal lines seem to flow with the music a lot better than Brent's did. http://volture.bandcamp.com/album/on-the-edge-2

It's a really good album, but the vocals just don't work for me. I've been listening to it for a while, and they've barely grown on me.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:11 am 

Finally I can show something from the upcoming Rocka Rollas album "Celtic Kings"!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCq8Rf2L634

I must admit that this is the first album I'm really satisfied with. Better production overall, and the song writing is much more varied. This might be the typical speed metal opener but there's a lot more to this album, especially the 14 minute title track that closes the album in a fucking grandiose way. But that will be kept a secret until the album is out ;)

Download the song here if you want!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/170 ... 20Wild.mp3

In a few days there will be another one!

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:37 am 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:

What? Another album? Get a fucking job! :P

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:53 am 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
Rocka_Rollas wrote:

What? Another album? Get a fucking job! :P

Another song :-D

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:15 am 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:
Finally I can show something from the upcoming Rocka Rollas album "Celtic Kings"!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCq8Rf2L634

I must admit that this is the first album I'm really satisfied with. Better production overall, and the song writing is much more varied. This might be the typical speed metal opener but there's a lot more to this album, especially the 14 minute title track that closes the album in a fucking grandiose way. But that will be kept a secret until the album is out ;)

I fucking love it! Has everything I adore in this genre. Will be very interested to hear the 14min track, always were something I looked forward to at the end of Running Wild's albums, those longer epic numbers. Awesome work yet again RR.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:01 pm 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:

Sounds like a cross between Riot and Running Wild = RULES! Rolf himself should hire you.

:o OMFG at the 3:13 - 5:00 section.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:21 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW5m2okg8mM

New Tad Morose song in its entirely and I'm loving it. Nothing too far away from the last couple of Urban Breed albums but still new and exciting. I just hope the entire album will be this good as I find Tad Morose to be very inconsistent anyway.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:27 pm 

Meh.

This is Tad Morose now. I have declared it!

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:30 pm 

That Trail of Murder band really leaves me cold. I mean, they're not BAD but not really exciting either. The titled track and ''Higher'' are cool, catchy straightforward rocking tunes but the rest sounds pretty uninspired at times. Not to mention the album is way too overlong for its own good.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if Urban Breed leaves that band too, eventually, just like he did with previous bands. :lol:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412 ... 625  Next