01/18 – Phoenix, Ariz. @ Club Red
01/20 – San Antonio, Texas @ Backstage Live
01/21 – Dallas, Texas @ House Of Blues
01/22 – Houston, Texas @ House Of Blues
01/23 - New Orleans, LA @ Siberia
01/24 – Atlanta, Ga. @ Center Stage
01/25 – Tampa, Fla. @ The Ritz
01/26 – Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. @ Revolution
01/27 – Orlando, Fla. @ House Of Blues (*no Skeletonwitch)
01/29 – Charlotte, N.C. @ The Fillmore
01/30 – Norfolk, Va. @ The NorVA
01/31 – Silver Springs, Md. @ The Fillmore
02/01 – Boston, Mass. @ House Of Blues
02/03 – Philadelphia, Pa. @ TLA
02/04 – New York, N.Y. @ Irving Plaza
02/05 - Huntington, N.Y. @ The Paramount
02/06 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr. Small's
02/07 – Chicago, Ill. @ House Of Blues
02/08 – Minneapolis, Minn. @ Mill City Nights
02/09 – Lawrence, Kansas @ Granada Theatre
02/11 – Denver, Colo. @ Summit Theatre
02/12 – Salt Lake City, Utah @ Murray Theater
02/14 – San Francisco, Calif. @ The Regency
02/15 – Los Angeles, Calif. @ The Wiltern
02/16 – San Diego, Calif. @ House Of Blues (* No Enslaved)

I'll be at the February 15 date. Not really excited about Amon Amarth, don't know what to expect. Fucking excited for Enslaved and Skeletonwitch, hopefully more bands get added.

UPDATE: Some changes on the official Skeletonwitch website don't match some of the locations. Gonna do some sleuthing to find out which dates are correct.

Last edited by TheMysticWombat on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:18 am 

Hmm, as long as this is inexpensive I'll probably go. Amon Amarth are pretty damn fun live, and I've never seen Enslaved. Skeletonwitch are also pretty entertaining live though I don't really ever listen to them anymore.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:54 am 

"North America" only includes the US now. -_- I'm kinda pissed this is skipping Montréal!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:57 am 

I'll definitely be there on February 3rd. I want to think that Amon Amarth is really good live, but their set at Mayhem didn't really do it for me. Sitting all the way back on the lawn didn't help that, though...

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:01 am 

Im gonna try to make the Boston date for sure. Can't pass up a chance to see Enslaved again.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:36 pm 

No Seattle or Portland dates? What the fuck tour is this?
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:51 pm 

I'll most likely go to the Chicago date as I've never seen Enslaved before and I'd really like to. February's looking good for sure with this and Dark Tranquillity.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:10 pm 

Got my tickets for the Boston show. And yup, looking forward to Dark Tranquillity a few days afterward myself!

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:29 pm 

I hope to be at the Vegas date. My friend says Amon Amarth are great live.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:27 pm 

Really lame that this completely ignores Canada.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:35 pm 

Got my ticket for feb 3rd. Enslaved are my favorite band and I haven't seen them since the Ruun tour. I like Amon Armoth, but Enslaved will rule this Winter night!!!

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:40 pm 

Razakel wrote:

It is pretty strange that they're calling it a North American tour on the banner. There are two countries in North America and this hits exactly one of them.

Colour me surprised that they aren't even including any cursory Ontario/Quebec dates, but looks like a killer bill for those who are able to go.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:15 am 

DarthVenom wrote:
Razakel wrote:

It is pretty strange that they're calling it a North American tour on the banner. There are two countries in North America and this hits exactly one of them.

Well, actually there are several countries in North America, but I get what you're saying. What bugs me more is they call this NA tour but completely dismiss a few key cities. So yeah, same disappointment anyway.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:16 am 

Several = 3

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:19 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Several = 3

23, actually. The Caribbean islands and CA count. It's me being a technical douche. Continental NA that is widely accepted is 3, yessum. :p

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:30 am 

I guess you're right but when a band tours North America, they RARELY go to Haiti! But they always hit Canada (aka why they use the NA term...)

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:33 am 

Metantoine wrote:
RARELY go to Haiti!

Doesn't matter, because as you know...
TheUglySoldier wrote:
Take that bitch to see Enslaved.

Bitches love Enslaved.

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:26 pm 

Going to the show in Silver Spring, MD - charmingly renamed Silver Springs by the Vikings :P

I'm most excited for Enslaved, but Amon Amarth and Skeletonwitch will be great too. Just wondering why they didn't pick another Viking themed band.. Tyr is getting more popular, and they would have fit well on this bill.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:31 am 

I might be going to the Norfolk date with some people from my school. Will have to see how that shapes up.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:53 pm 

talvikki77 wrote:
Going to the show in Silver Spring, MD - charmingly renamed Silver Springs by the Vikings :P

I'm most excited for Enslaved, but Amon Amarth and Skeletonwitch will be great too. Just wondering why they didn't pick another Viking themed band.. Tyr is getting more popular, and they would have fit well on this bill.

It's already expensive to afford 2 European bands on a tour and you want to add one? Also Tyr is probably too big to be the 2nd opener anyway. Enslaved SHOULD never open for anyone, a damn shame they do :(

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:51 am 

Hey, I just thought of something - what if the lack of Canadian dates has something to do with the whole "massive fees for Canadian clubs hosting international bands" law that everyone's raging about? I have no proof that they're connected at all, but three non-Canadian bands on the same bill would be brutally expensive for club-owners under that law.

VariedTastes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:35 pm 

Yeah, it sucks that Americans have such generally shitty taste in music that Enslaved has to open for anyone. Still, at least I'll be able to see them and Amon Amarth at the same time.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:52 pm 

Crap. I missed them when they came through with Bodom and I was overseas. Now their headline tour misses St. Louis.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:45 am 

Anyone going to the San Fran show on feb 14? They seems actually pretty cool, I been wanting to see both enslaved and amon amarth for awhile.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:09 pm 

They'll have to drive through Reno and won't even play a show here. What the fuck.
:nono:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:41 pm 

Just picked up my ticket for the Chicago show tonight, super stoked for this one.

Azmodes wrote:

VariedTastes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:05 am 

I'm in Wisconsin myself for college so I'm debating whether I should go to Chicago because it's closer, or go to the show in Minneapolis so I can see my family as well.

Decisions, decisions...

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:28 am 

Well if it helps HOB has pretty great sound and is still a fairly small venue so you get a good view no matter where you are. Also I'm fairly certain there'll be a handful of MA regulars attending too.

Azmodes wrote:

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:51 pm 

^^^ Including me. Bastardhead better show up too.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:46 pm 

Hopefully, call his ass out and see what happens. Also Big Grand will probably make an appearance (pure speculation). Either way since it's on a friday night it'll definitely make for a good time. :idea: we should all hit up Kumas either before or after the show. Did you get your ticket yet?

Azmodes wrote:

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:14 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
talvikki77 wrote:

It's already expensive to afford 2 European bands on a tour and you want to add one? Also Tyr is probably too big to be the 2nd opener anyway. Enslaved SHOULD never open for anyone, a damn shame they do :(

Ah, good point. But you know, Paganfest America brings over 3 or 4 European bands, with much less exposure than Amon Amarth or Enslaved (neither of whom would ever play Paganfest, I'm sure). I've seen other line-ups like the Finnish Metal Tour (Finntroll, Ensiferum, Barren Earth, Rotten Sound) and most Korpiklaani tours bring several European bands.

Anyway it was just announced that Tyr is touring with Children of Bodom, so I'll get to see them anyway. I would have said they're not necessarily too big for the third slot - not in the mainstream certainly - but here they are opening for COB, so maybe you're right.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:45 am 

I'm hoping to see Tyr and Children of Bodom too!

Have any of you guys gotten your tickets yet? I bought them on Amon Amarth's website, on September 16 through a service called Crowd Surge if I remember correctly... It was the day the dates were announced. Suffice it to say I haven't gotten mine yet.

TheWritist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:39 pm 

I know it's stupid/risky and questionable to try and contact strangers online, but I just moved to Long Island for the time being and where I'm at (Southold/Greenport area, near Mattituck and Riverhead) there is absolutely no metal scene, or so it seems. I happened to see online that Amon Amarth/Skeletonwitch/Enslaved is also on February 5th in Huntington at The Paramount, though I don't see that listed on here. I'm very curious to check it out, anyone possibly going that wouldn't mind me tagging along? :D Shot in the dark, I guess.

I guess I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there near me that knows more about the music in the area, maybe most people take trips to NYC because that's where more of the good shows would *seem* to be at, as opposed to the middle of nowhere.

I know no one out here, no friends... so this was really my only option of reaching out. I'm interested in making some friends/social connections.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:15 am 

TheWritist wrote:
I know it's stupid/risky and questionable to try and contact strangers online, but I just moved to Long Island for the time being and where I'm at (Southold/Greenport area, near Mattituck and Riverhead) there is absolutely no metal scene, or so it seems. I happened to see online that Amon Amarth/Skeletonwitch/Enslaved is also on February 5th in Huntington at The Paramount, though I don't see that listed on here. I'm very curious to check it out, anyone possibly going that wouldn't mind me tagging along? :D Shot in the dark, I guess.

I guess I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there near me that knows more about the music in the area, maybe most people take trips to NYC because that's where more of the good shows would *seem* to be at, as opposed to the middle of nowhere.

I know no one out here, no friends... so this was really my only option of reaching out. I'm interested in making some friends/social connections.

That date is confirmed, updated the thread for you :)
Don't trust anyone with less than 200 posts around here unless you want to end up in Mexico.
Haha but no, I'm pretty sure there are a few people on here going to that date. Very brave of you to make this post here, I hope you find some new buddies! :metal:

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:57 pm 

I will also be at the Fillmore in Silver Spring! For once, many of my friends are interested in going. And this will be the fourth time I've seen Skeletonwitch in the last 18-19 months...

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:10 pm 

Me and my friend have our tickets, I am divided between waiting in line to meet enslaved or seeing amon amarth open because my friends at the wintersun show missed all of wintersun to meet fleshgod apocalypse.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:29 pm 

Wow what a waste of a night if you missed Wintersun. I've already got my tickets for the show too so if you don't want to miss Amon Amarth come over and say hi.

Azmodes wrote:

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:32 pm 

I was still there, I even got one of their picks when they threw it at the crowd, but they missed out almost entirely. I'm hoping enslaved will be walking around like starkill and arsis were that night so I can meet atleast one of them maybe.

And we'll definitely try to find you this time :D

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:03 pm 

For sure. I probably told you this already (can't remember) but I think I'm taking the day off and making a day of it since it's a friday. So I'm planning on heading downtown early and doing some record shopping and hitting up Kumas for dinner before the show, cash permitting. If you guys want to meet up somewhere along the way just let me know.

Azmodes wrote:

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 pm 

I'll let you know if we can, I was going to try to skip class that day, I'm not sure if they will be able to though.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next