Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
metalbrain
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:15 am 

I just heard about this tour and have seen very little promotion for it anywhere...

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... rican-tour

Vader / Vital Remains / Sacrificial Slaughter / Execration / Extremely Rotten. Not sure if all of these dates are valid...

Sep. 6th – Santa Ana, CA @ Yost Theatre
Sep. 7th – Oakland, CA @ Oakland Metro
Sep. 8th – Portland, OR @ Alhambra Theatre
Sep. 9th – Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Sep.10th – Caldwell, ID @ The Venue
Sep.12th – Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre
Sep.13th – Kansas City, MO @ Aftershock
Sep.14th – St. Louis, MO @ Fubar
Sep.15th – Chicago, IL @ Reggies
Sep.16th – Detroit, MI @ The Detroit Pub
Sep.17th – Brooklyn, NY@ The Paper Box
Sep.18th – Wilmington, DE @ Mojo 13
Sep.19th – Raleigh, NC @ Kings
Sep.20th – Charleston, SC @ Oasis
Sep.21st – Tampa, FL@ The Orpheum
Sep.22nd – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
Sep.24th – Oklahoma City, OK @ Chameleon Room
Sep.25th – San Antonio, TX @ Korova
Sep.26th – Dallas, TX @ The Boiler Room
Sep.28th – Tucson, AZ @ The Rock
Sep.29th – Hollywood, CA @ Whisky a Go Go

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:00 am 

Kind of bummed this isn't coming anywhere near me. I've seen Vader before, who were awesome of course, but it would've been neat to see Execration. Oh well.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:38 am 

Speaking for myself, way to tempt by putting Vader as headliners but a bunch of bands I either don't like or have never heard of before them. :(
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:17 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Kind of bummed this isn't coming anywhere near me. I've seen Vader before, who were awesome of course, but it would've been neat to see Execration. Oh well.

It's not the Norwegian Execration but rather the Colorado brutal dm band so I'm not too worked up about skipping out on them. Vader's a blast live but the rest of the touring package seems weak to me.

Claustrophiliac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:09 am 

I am torn. I want to see Vital Remains and Vader, and then some of the early show in the side room bands like Insanity and Apocraphon I'd be into watching too, just don't want to be stuck in there for a few hours with those shitty touring bands. Might end up at Eli's watching Ghoul and Fang and a bunch of punk I never heard of just to black out ontheir 1/2 off drink specials.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:49 pm 

I've been looking forward to seeing Dead Man for a while and Cannibal is some of the guys from that awesome old-Sepultura cover band Crucifxion so they should be entertaining, even Hemotoxin is a pretty decent later-period Death worship act. I'll try and get there early to catch all the locals but I'll probably split after we play and maybe try to make Ghoul.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:50 pm 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
iamntbatman wrote:

It's not the Norwegian Execration but rather the Colorado brutal dm band so I'm not too worked up about skipping out on them. Vader's a blast live but the rest of the touring package seems weak to me.

Oh. Well good for me, then!

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Caspian88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:40 am 

I was at the Oakland show, getting there just in time to see Insanity. I'd never heard of them prior to the show, but they were very good - the riffs were excellent, the singer was perfectly suited for his music, and they were energetic. I honestly don't know who performed next, but they were bland - no variation at all in their sound. Sacrificial Slaughter were alright.

Vital Remains, though, put on one insane show - the crowd went absolutely nuts for them. They did keep asking for sound adjustments that I honestly couldn't tell the difference between - I think it was mostly in the stage monitors, but it got a bit annoying after a while.

Vader, in comparison, were a bit of a letdown, though they were still good. Given their performances, though, I think I'd rather have had Vital Remains close.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:39 pm 

Caspian88 wrote:
I was at the Oakland show, getting there just in time to see Insanity. I'd never heard of them prior to the show, but they were very good - the riffs were excellent, the singer was perfectly suited for his music, and they were energetic. I honestly don't know who performed next, but they were bland - no variation at all in their sound. Sacrificial Slaughter were alright.

Vital Remains, though, put on one insane show - the crowd went absolutely nuts for them. They did keep asking for sound adjustments that I honestly couldn't tell the difference between - I think it was mostly in the stage monitors, but it got a bit annoying after a while.

Vader, in comparison, were a bit of a letdown, though they were still good. Given their performances, though, I think I'd rather have had Vital Remains close.

I hadn't heard much Vital Remains but they were definitely the highlight of the show. Vader was slightly disappointing like they were just going through the motions a bit. And no Vader merch other than one weak ass Tshirt. They sold out of everything they said at prior gigs.

Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:14 am 

I was at Oakland, too, and I don't if it was because I was really tired by the time they went on or what, but Vital bored the hell outta me. Maybe it's 'cos I'd never listened to them much prior to the gig (though I after I did check them out and wasn't big on what I heard, just not my kinda stuff I guess). Had to bail before Vader, which was lame. Nice gig otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed Extremely Rotten and Insanity.

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 am 

Nanoscourge wrote:
I was at Oakland, too, and I don't if it was because I was really tired by the time they went on or what, but Vital bored the hell outta me. Maybe it's 'cos I'd never listened to them much prior to the gig (though I after I did check them out and wasn't big on what I heard, just not my kinda stuff I guess). Had to bail before Vader, which was lame. Nice gig otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed Extremely Rotten and Insanity.

You missed Vader!? Brutal. I saw them in Raleigh and it was crazy! Many more enthusiastic people there than I anticipated. I sat through everyone except Vader for whom I got a spot up front. The first 3 acts were all decent death/brutal death metal bands. Nothing I would listen to on my own, but not offensive. Vital Remains played well I guess, but their whole thing is kinda getting old and a bit childish to me. Vader played a great energetic set as well, lots of classics.

Reply to topic