* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:27 pm 

So, Bloodbath is not dead after all!

Bloodbath wrote:
To everyone nagging on us (we understand…) to reveal the new singer, we will not do this until we have audio to go with it, so please be patient. To everyone asking when they can expect the new album to be released, we’ve set aside time in January to record it. So album title, cover artwork and release date will follow once that’s in motion. Thanks for your support and helping us recycle death metal, once again.

What are you expecting from this? Who's the new singer?

The Fathomless Mastery wasn't that great IMO, but Nightmares was excellent, so maybe they still have it.

Last edited by Kveldulfr on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lightsbane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:29 pm 

It'd be really cool to see Matti from Dismember back in action

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:43 pm 

Lol Matti was the person i was thinking and hoping it might be.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:28 pm 

Matti would have my vote too, and if that is the case i hope it's resparks his passion for music again... I still need to see Dismember live :(

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:46 pm 

I'm enough of a sad fanboy to check their website periodically for news even though it gets updated like once a year. I love everything Bloodbath have done (albeit NMF is my least favourite) so I'll be looking forward to this.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

onorato73
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:42 pm 

Matti from Dismember would be awesome. I also still need to see Dismember live. :(

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:20 am 

ENKC wrote:
I'm enough of a sad fanboy to check their website periodically for news even though it gets updated like once a year. I love everything Bloodbath have done (albeit NMF is my least favourite) so I'll be looking forward to this.

I'm the complete opposite here; don't care much for their stuff, with the exception of NMF, which is bloody amazing. Still, consider me mildly interested in this.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:23 am 

I enjoy Bloodbath quite a bit, especially their initial EP and first album. I eagerly await this new album.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:05 am 

Awesome! Hopefully the new one sounds more like Nightmares Made Flesh than The Fathomless Mastery.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:25 am 

I'm down for this, I've enjoyed every single thing they have released. I say get Peter back but I doubt that'll happen esp since they said new singer.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:42 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
ENKC wrote:

I'm the complete opposite here; don't care much for their stuff, with the exception of NMF, which is bloody amazing. Still, consider me mildly interested in this.

It's a mystery to me why the prevailing opinion is so greatly in favour of NMF, not that it isn't great. What I really don't get though is why Eaten is by far their most popular song when it's literally the only one from their entire discography I genuinely don't like. Yeah yeah, special snowflake etc.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:05 pm 

Im guessing its their most popular because its pretty accessible.

sourlows
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:28 pm 

I've always liked RTC and the EP more than NMF. I've always thought NMF just lacks a lot of character overall compared to their other stuff, even TFM.

I have no idea what to expect. They seem to try to modernize something new with each record, so at the least I'm hoping it's different from their earlier stuff. I assume they have a lot of studio/production resources to work with compared to your average death metal startup, so hopefully they put that to good use.

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:31 am 

No Tagtren, no want.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:10 am 

ENKC wrote:
It's a mystery to me why the prevailing opinion is so greatly in favour of NMF, not that it isn't great.

It's just a very well done death metal album. It's got a modern yet very strong production job, great riffs, consistently good songwriting, and one of the best vocal performances when it comes to extreme metal as a whole. There's no mystery behind it, really.
ENKC wrote:
What I really don't get though is why Eaten is by far their most popular song when it's literally the only one from their entire discography I genuinely don't like. Yeah yeah, special snowflake etc.

That's probably because Eaten is damn catchy while still being heavy as all hell. I prefer Outnumbering the Day and Year of the Cadaver Race over it, though.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:26 pm 

Crossing my fingers for them to finally return to the awesome chainsaw guitar-production sound of their best record, Carnage...

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:29 pm 

Dan Swano is the real deal!
Groooooowwwwwl

"You make it easy."

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:29 pm 

Love all their stuff so consider me excited. I definitely hope the vocalist is Swano because Witherscape proves he still has the goods.

p0wnn00b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:32 pm 

It's a little annoying that they keep saying over and over that they have a new singer and plans to do a new album. Just give us the damn info already! We've been 5 years waiting!

At least a name would build some tension. If it's someone classic, fans will be elated. If it's someone controversial, it'll spark conversation.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:39 pm 

Xlxlx hit the nail on the head, it's just very well done and catchy. If you can't see why anyone likes Eaten.. .really you have problems in what you like in death metal. And kinda reeks of tryhardism of purposefully hating what a majority enjoys.... esp when you said you like everything thing else in their discography

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:36 pm 

I like death metal to have some energy. Eaten just seems slow and dull compared to their other songs. If that's tryhardism then so be it.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:36 pm 

It is cause if you can't feel the energy in it then you are a corpse.

p0wnn00b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 pm 

I don't know how anyone can't like the infectious groove of "Eaten." Nightmares Made Flesh may lack Akerfeldt, but it's still a brutal slab of modern death metal.

I'm glad Blackheim wants to move away from the more modern approach of NMF and TFM. I love those albums (especially TFM), but there's nowhere they can go with the sound. They're as brutal and technical as brutal and technical can get before becoming too ridiculous.

I also read that Blackheim says they want to do something more along the lines of Autopsy. I, for one, would welcome this change, and that is certainly a more old school sound.

Bringing in Swano for a production/mixtering job would be sweet. He's done a great job with Torture Division's demos.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:47 pm 

Eaten is about as crushing a death metal song as you'll find nowadays. It's kind of baffling why someone wouldn't like it to me. Even if you aren't big on the rest of NMF, that song at least has to make you bob your head.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:00 am 

Eaten is simply my favorite Bloodbath song, and Nightmares Made Flesh is my fav album. Peter is just killer on that entire record. And it has some pretty simple but fucked up lyrics.

sourlows
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:41 am 

If people are listening to Bloodbath to hear anything except modernized, relatively simple and catchy death metal with some influences from older bands (varying by album) then they are listening for the wrong reasons. That said, Eaten just takes it too far for me to enjoy. It can't be that mystifying why some people don't like it... Surely sometimes you notice how goofy the whole thing sounds.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:26 am 

Nope doesn't sound goofy in the least. If you found it goofy you really just don't like osdm. That's about as cut and dry as it honestly is.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:56 pm 

No. Eaten is OSDM for little girls who haven't gotten out of their Behemoth phase yet. Its all groove and hooks, even squeezes in a little acoustic lick for no goddamned reason other than to make kids feel smart. Compared to the OSDM it most closely resembles, the midpaced rolling off stuff like Cianide and Rottrevore, it lacks the morbidity, the griminess and the aggressive edge, its ALL groove, its pop OSDM.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:12 pm 

I think the first Ep is good, RTC weak as shit and NMF easily the best material the band did. Does it sound like pure 100% OSDM? no, but has some influences for sure. The riffs are mostly catchy and memorable, the production is crushing, the overall performance is killer, especially the vocals that are utterly massive and brutal. From NMF I like the most Cancer of the Soul, Soul Evisceration, Eaten, Outnumbering the Day, Brave New Hell and Year of the Cadaver Race.

Pete did the performance of his life here (his vocals on Hypocrisy are also excellent) and he is a major factor for the album to be that good. While Mike is a good growler, he simply can't sound so menacing as Pete. Those high pitched screams he does are totally inhuman and Eaten? that chorus couldn't sound more ridiculously brutal.

I'm not very fond of the latter material, which is arguably of less quality in the songwriting department and has almost nothing on more old/mid era death metal.

I'm actually happy that Mike left but the band needs Swanö back.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:50 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
No. Eaten is OSDM for little girls who haven't gotten out of their Behemoth phase yet. Its all groove and hooks, even squeezes in a little acoustic lick for no goddamned reason other than to make kids feel smart. Compared to the OSDM it most closely resembles, the midpaced rolling off stuff like Cianide and Rottrevore, it lacks the morbidity, the griminess and the aggressive edge, its ALL groove, its pop OSDM.

Dude, seriously?! I mean I think you're quite the knowledgeable guy and I usually respect your views, but... "pop OSDM"??? :scratch:

I won't beat the bush any longer though, I just don't see why is it that with a band that has three albums and two EPs, plus apparently a new one on the forge, people keep nagging about... one song! Get over it guys, it's one fucking song!

In terms of a new album, I have to say that I lack the excitement others have shown here. I also dislike everything they've done past NMF though, but that's another matter. If, and that's a big one, Dan and Matti would be on board then I would probably be interested. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who's playing what then.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:08 pm 

androdion wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:

Dude, seriously?! I mean I think you're quite the knowledgeable guy and I usually respect your views, but... "pop OSDM"??? :scratch:

I won't beat the bush any longer though, I just don't see why is it that with a band that has three albums and two EPs, plus apparently a new one on the forge, people keep nagging about... one song! Get over it guys, it's one fucking song!

In terms of a new album, I have to say that I lack the excitement others have shown here. I also dislike everything they've done past NMF though, but that's another matter. If, and that's a big one, Dan and Matti would be on board then I would probably be interested. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who's playing what then.

Well, I like all of Bloodbath's stuff as well but I can totally see where he's coming from... It isn't the first time I've heard something like that from someone.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:56 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
I think the first Ep is good, RTC weak as shit and NMF easily the best material the band did. Does it sound like pure 100% OSDM? no, but has some influences for sure. The riffs are mostly catchy and memorable, the production is crushing, the overall performance is killer, especially the vocals that are utterly massive and brutal. From NMF I like the most Cancer of the Soul, Soul Evisceration, Eaten, Outnumbering the Day, Brave New Hell and Year of the Cadaver Race.

Pete did the performance of his life here (his vocals on Hypocrisy are also excellent) and he is a major factor for the album to be that good. While Mike is a good growler, he simply can't sound so menacing as Pete. Those high pitched screams he does are totally inhuman and Eaten? that chorus couldn't sound more ridiculously brutal.

I'm not very fond of the latter material, which is arguably of less quality in the songwriting department and has almost nothing on more old/mid era death metal.

I'm actually happy that Mike left but the band needs Swanö back.

I totally agree. Peter is an incredible DM vocalist - easily my favorite - and NMF is one of his best performances, if not his best.

I'm not going to even get into the whole argument about Eaten anymore. I had no idea people were so butthurt about it, but calling it "pop old school death metal" is just stupid.

Anyway, if the new album doesn't have Peter, and it probably won't, I'm not interested. Åkerfeldt is monotone and boring compared to Peter. There's really no comparison between the two.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:31 pm 

yea there is no further reason to discuss that cause I guess those who got angered by the truth just need to lash out further.

Peter is just so much interesting/intense than Akerfeldt.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:52 pm 

based on what ive read i think we can expect someone who has not done death metal or at least not in ages to do the vocals.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:26 pm 

And what have you read? :p

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:04 pm 

I'm glad Mikael isn't coming back for this new Bloodbath album. His death vocals lately have been atrocious. Weak, hoarse, and just pathetic. He ruined Bloodbath's last live DVD (and Opeth's Royal Albert Hall DVD) because he sounded so terrible. It's a shame too, since he used to have some of the best growls in metal.

It'll be interesting to see who they pick to replace him. Dan Swano could probably do it for the album, but I'm not sure he could pull it off live. I can see it being Peter again, but who knows if he's interested.

HideYourHole
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:57 pm 

I agree. Mikael's vocals sucked on the last DVD.

Also, to add to the fire, Eaten sucks.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:13 pm 

Evoken wrote:
I'm glad Mikael isn't coming back for this new Bloodbath album. His death vocals lately have been atrocious. Weak, hoarse, and just pathetic. He ruined Bloodbath's last live DVD (and Opeth's Royal Albert Hall DVD) because he sounded so terrible. It's a shame too, since he used to have some of the best growls in metal.

It'll be interesting to see who they pick to replace him. Dan Swano could probably do it for the album, but I'm not sure he could pull it off live. I can see it being Peter again, but who knows if he's interested.

http://www.elcuarteldelmetal.net/2013/0 ... since.html

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:17 pm 

Well that was a very well thought out opinion and not at all at a cry for attention.

I doubt Dan Swano would come back to the band.

sleepOOO
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:20 pm 

I wouldn't be surprised honestly if Mikael was still in the band or if they hadn't found a vocalist yet.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next