Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:01 pm 

Hi,

I have a lot of old Black Metal Cd's, vinyl and merch that I am going to sell. I know that many people don't buy Cd's and stuff anymore, so is it even worth the hassle of putting them on Ebay? I mean do you get anything for selling the stuff, is it worth the time, taking pictures and writing a description. I was thinking of selling all the records, Cd's and merch in one big lot, but I think that is a bad idea considering people usually don't want everything. Do some of you people have any experience with selling your stuff on Ebay and have any advice. Is there any other way to go about that would be better? I am not really into trading stuff, because I am trying to downsize on things that don't interest me anymore, so selling will be the way to go.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:18 am 

If you have stuff that is rare and could possibly fetch a nice price (limited edition stuff, rare releases, obscure acts, etc) it might be worth putting up on Ebay. If you have stuff that is pretty popular then you are just wasting your time unless you plan on basically giving the stuff away (selling a group of CDs as a lot or pricing stuff super low). You might be better off using Amazon's marketplace or places like Discogs since they don't charge you to list items (they only charge a selling fee) and the pictures and stuff are already there (you just have to indicate what kind of condition your CDs are in).

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:20 pm 

You won't get much money for everything in a lot. If there's anything unusual/rare/desirable then it's worth selling - old tour shirts, almost any music that was pressed in smaller quantities. I recommend making a list of all of it (you can even make a trade list using the MA database) and asking someone who knows the stuff well to point out anything that may be notably valuable.

Yes, eBay can be worth it, but you can also make it worth your time to split stuff up and sell it on the selling & buying forum here.

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:53 pm 

Yeah, you should make a trade/sell list here on the archives. You don't have to deal with a middle man or pay fees to eBay/PayPal/whatever.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:36 pm 

I say screw ebay and try amazon or here.

Stone69
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:45 pm 

Agree, the archives is a good place for you to sell your stuffs, create the list and I'll be waiting for it to be posted. :snipe:

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:03 pm 

I've liquidated so much of my stuff with the aid of eBay. I highly recommend it. It's free to relist anyway, and you can just list everything indefinitely. Just make sure to have a starting bid that is roughly equal to the least you would be willing to take for the not particularly rare stuff.

Reply to topic