* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:26 am 

Quote:
New album "Resilient" scheduled for release in October 2013
Rock'n'Rolf announces first song titles!

Now things are really moving: while Captain Rock'n'Rolf Kasparek is working full throttle on the final details of his latest RUNNING WILD album, Steamhammer/SPV have already announced the official release date: "Resilient" will be out on 4 October 2013 in Germany and on 7 October 2013 in the rest of Europe. The exact date of the US release will be revealed soon, but the album has definitely been scheduled for release in America this October. "I really love working at the moment and am currently getting down to business on the overdubs. I can hardly wait to present the new material to the many RUNNING WILD fans worldwide," says Rock'n'Rolf

His followers can look forward to a total of twelve brand-new numbers, ten of which will feature on the regular CD, and twelve on the limited edition. The album's opener will be called "Soldiers Of Fortune", and the title track, "The Drift" and "Run Riot" will be three typical RUNNING WILD numbers. The most outstanding song on the album, however, will be called "Bloody Island", with almost ten minutes playing time one of the longest tracks in RUNNING WILD's career to date. Rolf: "As a composer, it's of course difficult for me to pigeonhole the new material stylistically, but friends who have heard the demo version of "Bloody Island" claim that it would have fitted in on "Pile Of Skulls"."

Rolf explains that "Resilient" is audibly tougher and more compact than its predecessor "Shadowmaker", clearly enjoying his revived zest: ""Shadowmaker" happened to come about slightly unexpectedly and spontaneously, even for me. The album has brought back the fun I used to have with RUNNING WILD, and my fans will get to feel this fun when "Resilient" comes out in October!"

Let's hope it's at least an improvement on the "Rolf and a Macbook" effort that was Shadowmaker.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:06 am 

Even though the last album was a poor effort compared to his earlier work I still have a little hope inside that Rolf can delv the goods. It was good to see the Adrian logo making a bit of a return on facebook and these track names sound alot more Running Wild than Me and the Boys. Bloody Island sounds interesting, hopefully along the lines of Treasure Island, one of my favourite tracks from them. Maybe Rolf has finally taken on board the calls for a return to the pirate past, highly unlikely though :( If not there is always the Blazon Stone album to look forward to :)

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:50 pm 

It's going to suck, this is a given. In fact, the fact that he has a ten minute song named "Bloody Island" worries the shit out of me because clearly he's just going to rehash himself here. I feel like this is going to be his Death Magnetic in a way, just him caving and doing his old style again with none of the energy. Kind of like the remake of The Thing, where the creators obviously saw the original but didn't understand why it worked. I think we'll get more songs like "I Am Who I Am" but also more "Piece of the Action" type things. Rolf doesn't write the same music he did 25 years ago, and it'd be silly to expect him to.

Basically my preliminary guess is that it'll be better than Shadowmaker, but still shitty.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

HenryKrinkle31
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:41 pm 

I hope Rolf has been taking notes...

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:53 pm 

So what? It'll be Rolf rapping in French and playing slap bass to all his favourite disco hits. (With a drum machine accompanying him).

'Blood Island' will no doubt be a Boney M inspired epic, though. It's not been Running Wild for a very long time, folks, so don't kid yourself.

Melmoth_the_Wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:40 pm 

HenryKrinkle31 wrote:
I hope Rolf has been taking notes...

What the hell did I just hear? Is this what Caladan Brood sounds like to Summoning fans? For me, that's 'better than the band is now, and "wow, do they have a second album?"'

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:58 pm 

Not having high hopes for this...
The last Running Wild album i really enjoyed was The Rivalry, a very strong album, but that's already 15 years ago. The song "The Ballad of William Kid" alone makes it a must-have for every fan of this kind of metal.
Victory had it's moments, or, in other words, at least the title track was good...
The Brotherhood and Rogues En Vogue were lame, and Shadowmaker was even more lame.
I hope he will at least put his "funny" songs like "Me and the Boys" at the end of the album so you can press "stop" when it's time and not have to pick up the remote in between songs to skip 'em... :wink:

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:23 pm 

i just want rolf to take RW to the road.

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:29 am 

chaos_orb wrote:
Not having high hopes for this...
The last Running Wild album i really enjoyed was The Rivalry, a very strong album, but that's already 15 years ago. The song "The Ballad of William Kid" alone makes it a must-have for every fan of this kind of metal.
Victory had it's moments, or, in other words, at least the title track was good...
The Brotherhood and Rogues En Vogue were lame, and Shadowmaker was even more lame.
I hope he will at least put his "funny" songs like "Me and the Boys" at the end of the album so you can press "stop" when it's time and not have to pick up the remote in between songs to skip 'em... :wink:

I have to go back even further for a Running Wild CD I really liked. By the time The Rivalry came along, it was already sounding very re-hashed and formulaic to me. I know a lot of people still liked it. For me, Black Hand Inn was the end.

There is not any hope for this. Rolf is a legend, but there's no actual capability left to produce something in the same league as RW's great efforts of yore. It simply isn't there anymore.

Punishing
Delicious Penis Connoisseur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:25 am 

"Resilient" track listing:

01. Soldiers Of Fortune
02. Resilient
03. Adventure Highway
04. The Drift
05. Desert Rose
06. Fireheart
07. Run Riot
08. Down To The Wire
09. Crystal Gold
10. Bloody Island
11. Payola & Shenanigans (limited-edition bonus track)
12. Premonition (limited-edition bonus track)

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:37 am 

Sure, the track listing makes it look more promising than Shadowmaker which means we might be on to a 10% album rather than a 0%! :P Seriously, fuck off nowadays Rock 'N' Rolf and the drum machine empire. Death or glory were your opinions, Rolf, time to let it die!

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:21 pm 

Old man makes butt-rock, no one likes it, so he comes back to "Running Wild" and continues to then release bullshit yearly. No thanks.

super_ruben09
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:44 pm 

If he's going to keep shitting on Running Wild's legacy he could have the decency to tour.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:19 pm 

Predicting this to be better than Shadowmaker but on par with the band's horribly mediocre works like Rogues en Vogue. I'll eat my laptop if this is actually an excellent album.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Last edited by GuntherTheUndying on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:32 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Predicting this to be better than Shadowmaker but on par with the band's horribly mediocre works like Rogues en Vogue. I'll eat my laptop is this is actually an excellent album.

There will be little risk of that hilarious endeavor I'm afraid. I expect another Suck'n'Rolf shit sundae. I'll just listen to Death and Glory and pretend this band doesn't exist anymore...

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:34 pm 

All I can say to this, is: Me & the boys, we love that noise!
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:39 pm 

From what I can make out the old logo and Adrian has returned on the cover...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... e=1&ref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Am I crazy for still being a bit hopeful for a return to form maybe???

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:42 pm 

STORMM wrote:
Am I crazy for still being a bit hopeful for a return to form maybe???

Yes, because Running Wild is clearly a side project of Giant X that Rolf just keeps releasing records under for the added publicity.

Plus that's the laziest cover I've seen since... well, Shadowmaker, but still.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:49 pm 

BastardHead wrote:

Plus that's the laziest cover I've seen since... well, Shadowmaker, but still.

Its hard to make out, especially the background but there seems to be a hell of a lot more going on that the Shitmaker cover.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:51 pm 

Looks to me like it's just Adrian against a backdrop of a storm or mountains or something. I could be way off, but that's the impression I get off that tiny, tiny little teaser. Believe me, deep in the most hidden cockles of the shriveled black stalactite I once called my heart, I hope this is album surprises the shit out of me with how great it is, but a much, much bigger part of me knows better.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:53 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Believe me, deep in the most hidden cockles of the shriveled black stalactite I once called my heart, I hope this is album surprises the shit out of me with how great it is, but a much, much bigger part of me knows better.

Haha well put, I fell the exact same way BastardHead!

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:31 pm 

Eagerly awaiting the release of that Blazon Stone album haha! I'll get Resilient as well, but I don't expect much. Though I am one of the few who somewhat like Shadowmaker...

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:40 pm 

The_Minstrel51 wrote:
Eagerly awaiting the release of that Blazon Stone album haha! I'll get Resilient as well, but I don't expect much. Though I am one of the few who somewhat like Shadowmaker...

Likewise, I think Blazon Stone album will shit all over Resilient, looking forward to it more myself, Rollas is one hell of a talented guy, dont know how he can churn out so much quality music at once haha! At least of Running Wild fail, Blazon Stone will fill the void nicely, release is coming soon....

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:00 pm 

"Resilient." Suitable album title. Even though they are washed up now at creating new albums they just keep going at it. Oh well they had an excellent string of albums through the 80s and early/mid 90s.

TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am 

Am I the only one who thought Shadowmaker had some good material?

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:37 am 

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Shadowmaker had some good material?

I hope so.

Obligatory Last FM Link

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:10 am 

I can say, however, that in the end this new Running Wild album did good for me in that it introduced me to that Blazon Stone album. Can we just pretend it's the new RW album?

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:13 am 

thrashinbatman wrote:
Can we just pretend it's the new RW album?

Oh believe me, I already am. Shame that it's such a pain to search for since you just pop up RW stuff.

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:06 pm 

Full album details revealed, including artwork:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/runnin ... -revealed/

Looks like Rolf is considering making a live run next year, too.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Punishing
Delicious Penis Connoisseur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm 

Putting it up for all to see!

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:14 pm 

Actually not too bad, but everybody has already seen that before (I have the standard RW shirt... :P haha) except the lighting and stuff. LIGHTYEARS ahead Shadowmaker, but that was atrocious. Despite being something old reharsed, I give it a slight thumbs up.

Oh, just reminded of something... :-P

VirginSteele_Helstar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:27 am 

For some weird reason I am looking forward to this.
But living in the digital age, does not mean you slouch on the art work, Rolf!
RW had some great covers back in the day!

"...unto the end I shall lead all into my darkness..."
-James Rivera

LegendMaker wrote:
Most of the very early metal songs that weren't by Sabbath were by Purple. Fucking deal with it.

SoldierOfHell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 am 

VirginSteele_Helstar wrote:
RW had the best covers back in the day!

SoldierOfHell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:15 pm 

Short extract from Resilient :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Fj5rtJKye4

God damn it after Shadowmaker it sounds sooooo good

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:31 pm 

^ Agreed. Short snippet but it already sounds better than everthing on Shadowmaker. The drums sound less programmed too?? My hopes are building....

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:40 pm 

Not too shabby, sounds way better than anything off Shadowmaker.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:10 pm 

I would've liked it to be a little faster, and the chorus wasn't outstanding. However, overall my impressions of that clip are pretty positive. This one example isn't quite selling me yet, but if the rest of the songs are of comparable quality, I'll be satisfied.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:19 pm 

That snippet has filled me with a sense of hope. Sure, it runs at a mid paced speed, but it sounds like it could possibly be a return to form, though it is to early to make assumptions. Maybe Rolf came across the Blazon stone album and realized his throne was in danger of being usurped and that lit a fire in him :lol:

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:36 pm 

The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
That snippet has filled me with a sense of hope. Sure, it runs at a mid paced speed, but it sounds like it could possibly be a return to form, though it is to early to make assumptions. Maybe Rolf came across the Blazon stone album and realized his throne was in danger of being usurped and that lit a fire in him :lol:

Speaking of Blazon Stone, here ya go -

http://stormspell.bandcamp.com/album/re ... port-royal

Sounding great on first listen Rocka-Rollas, well done, I look forward to picking up your 3 new albums! Too much talent man.

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:02 pm 

Well, that was saccharine and boring. Nice of Rolf to have an actual riff for the first 7 seconds or so just to give some false hope that it wouldn't suck.

Last edited by Oblarg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next