Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:33 pm 

No, I'm not getting cursed any more. I've held my own against the Gaping Dragon for quite a while, but something always ends up killing me. I haven't tried summoning anyone to help yet; I might. As far as invasions go: I've only been invaded once. I got my ass kicked without a fight. Anyway, I expect to triumph over this foe ere long.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:50 pm 

So, I just finished indie PC games Schuld and The Witch's House. Great experiences, anyone with a little time on their hands and a penchant for 16 bit horror should have a look. Going to download Ib which comes with glowing recommendations.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

VoidOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 am 

I've been playing Dragon's Crown as much as humanly possible lately, switching between playing on the PS3 and the Vita as needed. I'm completely in love with this game so far and seeing how many consecutive dungeons I can do / rewards I can stack before all my equipment is beat to hell and all my friends are dead.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:39 am 

Megaman 5 was always my favorite from the original series. Played the shit out of the NES and Game Gear versions.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:30 pm 

Legend of Iya managed to reach its funding goal, awesome!

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:36 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Megaman 5 was always my favorite from the original series. Played the shit out of the NES and Game Gear versions.

You said 5 when you really meant 3. It has the greatest OST. So catchy and at points, quite dark.

Spoiler: show

I recently done a playthrough of 2, 3 and 4. Fun games, should get around to 5 and 6 again. Weirdly, I have never played anything more than 10 minutes of Megaman X. I hope to rectify that soon.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:54 pm 

I was born in '87 so I never saw/played much of 3 or earlier at the rental stores. I always ended up with 4 or 5. Then Megaman X came out and I felt so much cooler playing that. I still prefer the X-X3 soundtrack to any of the NES releases.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:40 pm 

I'm past the Gaping Dragon and heading down to Blighttown now. I haven't made it to Blighttown's bonfire yet, as I keep getting killed by ghouls on my way down. Luckily I have a repair box now, so I won't have to make any long treks back to Andre to repair my stuff. Something tells me that I'm going to be stuck in this area for a while....

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:46 pm 

I'm still not tired of Borderlands 2. I'm playing on True Vault Hunter mode now and GOD DAMN this is hard. I don't know if I just suddenly suck at this, but when enemies regularly have electric weapons that sap your shield in one bullet, or you can get one shot killed by bullymongs, the game isn't fucking around anymore.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:12 pm 

Thiestru wrote:
I'm past the Gaping Dragon and heading down to Blighttown now. I haven't made it to Blighttown's bonfire yet, as I keep getting killed by ghouls on my way down. Luckily I have a repair box now, so I won't have to make any long treks back to Andre to repair my stuff. Something tells me that I'm going to be stuck in this area for a while....

poison and fire, poison and fire....la dee dah.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
I'm still not tired of Borderlands 2. I'm playing on True Vault Hunter mode now and GOD DAMN this is hard. I don't know if I just suddenly suck at this, but when enemies regularly have electric weapons that sap your shield in one bullet, or you can get one shot killed by bullymongs, the game isn't fucking around anymore.

Hehe, by the end of TVHM I had reached official god status. Yeah, if you stick to "standard" tactics (i.e. just trying to snipe certain enemies from afar, switch to medium range weapons for most stuff, pull out a shotgun or whatever if it gets hairy, save your action skill for when you're in trouble, etc.) it gets a lot tougher, but by then you should have access to some extremely powerful weaponry and have enough skill points to have a pretty beastly build. I think just about every class can basically break the game's difficulty curve pretty easily depending on how you build. I haven't even started UVHM yet but my character can obliterate anything you throw at him like it's a joke.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:39 pm 

Thiestru wrote:

Hope you enjoy toxins
protip: always carry moss/blooming moss with you

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:16 pm 

Not Batman: Yeah, I've had to significantly change my play style. I got some really beast weapons when I opened the golden chest at level 39. Like a fire sniper that does retarded damage and has the fire rate of a machinegun :lol:. My character is a Gunzerker, but much more focused on pure weapon damage than gunzerking. I really love how much effort gearbox put/is still putting into this game. It's also really cool how most of the enemies have new names and styles in this new mode.
What's your opinion on the DLC classes? Psycho seems like it could be pretty interesting.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:24 pm 

Well, I'm sorta burnt out on it at the moment but after I finish UVHM I'm going to probably do an Anarchy build Mechromancer, which looks really fun.

I have a Gunzerker, too. My original build was based around gun damage with some stuff in the brawn tree for reduced damage/health regen/max health. However, as TVHM got tougher and tougher, I swapped to a Gunlust/Rampage build centered around Gunzerkering 100% of the time. The built-in benefits to gunzerking are really nice, especially the ammo regen and damage reduction, but the main benefit is that it lets you dual wield to great effect. I have my main "damage" gun in my #1 slot (got a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold from the Torgue DLC vending machine...the damage output is goddamn ridiculous), and my #2 slot is a slag Rubi (quest reward gun). This lets me slag everything so my main gun kills it quicker, and with the Rubi out, I get 12% of all damage dealt back as health, so basically I can gunzerk forever, do shitloads of damage and never die. It's also a really fun playstyle because it basically forces you to act like a bloodthirsty jackass and run directly into the fray since it's the only way to keep Gunzerk up 100% of the time.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:30 pm 

Damn, I'm not very far into BL2 (just bombed the train carrying the key) but I had no idea class builds could get so intense. Right now I'm a Commando and putting most of my points into the turret skill tree.

Do you all use co-op for completing missions? I've done a few online and it seems fun occasionally but usually makes it a bit too easy (granted, I'm just playing normal difficulty since this is my first playthrough.)

As for Dark Souls, I finally beat Ceaseless Discharge, finally beat the Iron Golem - mostly because
I had no idea there was a bonfire in Sen's Fortress until my friend pointed it out for me :grumble:

and am working through Anor Londo right now...So *this* is the infamous part where you have to run around the parapets while dodging giant arrows. Oh dear.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:32 pm 

Nah, I just play solo. I don't know much about Commando builds but failsafeman told me he played one and it got really overpowered by the end of the second playthrough, too. I know sirens and assassins can get up there, too.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:36 am 

anyone looking forward to the bureau xcom declassified, i am hoping its going to be challenging

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:41 am 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
working through Anor Londo right now...So *this* is the infamous part where you have to run around the parapets while dodging giant arrows. Oh dear.

That part turned out not to be as hard as I feared. But Anor Londo does have a section that is notorious for turning gamers against DS, which actually happens to be my second favorite part of the game. Anor Londo is one of my favorite sections, too. Fuck Blighttown and fuck New Londo, though.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJGMUjdm794&html5=1

This video basically confirms my doubts about the new Saints Row. What's the point of all those gangster game elements when you have fucking superpowers?

They dropped all pretense and made a sandbox.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:19 am 

inhumanist wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJGMUjdm794&html5=1

This video basically confirms my doubts about the new Saints Row. What's the point of all those gangster game elements when you have fucking superpowers?

They dropped all pretense and made a sandbox.

several reviews i read are saying because of the powers half the things that made the third great are pointless, and the game is too easy apart from bosses who are boring, which is a pity you think they could have upgraded some of the equipment to match or beat your powers

ah well GTA is coming out soon enough and i wonder if you can play it just like the third and ignore the super powers

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:02 pm 

The second was way better than the third anyway.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:42 pm 

So the trailer for GTA: Online was released.

Looks amazing.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:45 am 

After years and years of not being confident enough to take on Kefka's tower, I finally finished FFVI. Whoever it was on this forum who said the game was too easy because you didn't need magic must have never finished the World of Balance (where admittedly the game is made stunningly easy with Sabin's Blitzes and Edgar's Tools), because good god the trick to beating that final boss rush without breaking a sweat is Ultima times a bazillion. In my old file I spent all my time amping up Sabin and Cyan and Shadow and Locke because the way I play RPGs normally is speedy physical attacks for most of the game, but holy shit this time it just took a tiny amount of forethought on Terra, Celes, Relm, and Mog and then suddenly the game was un-loseable.

Anyway, I need to finish the first three plus V and then I'll have all the non-MMO games in the series done. I'd gotten about two thirds through V before
the most effective and heart wrenching death scene in the history of videogames broke my spirit
, so I'll probably save that one for last as a personal triumph. But until then, I started the first one, and FUCK is this a goddamn grindfest. I want to like it, but the woefully unreliable battle system and the absolutely absurd amount of grinding I'm doing is making that pretty difficult. I do like how there aren't real characters within your party and you just make it from scratch and go from there. It's much more like a traditional DnD game in a lot of respects, but spending hours to build up the money for the ludicrously overpriced equipment and spells only to sail to the next area and find a ton of better, much more expensive equipment in the next town (which is totally necessary lest the local wildlife tear me to shreds) is getting pretty old. If anything, it's a pretty good piece of bug ridden filth, but the game's age and it's numerous flaws are pretty hard to ignore.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:53 am 

The key to beating a JRPG was casting Ultima a whole bunch? That has literally never been the case ever before!

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:03 am 

Hardy har, but really, Final Fantasy has never been a challenging series, but I just remember specifically somebody here calling the game out for the magic being useless, which I found funny considering I pretty much just nuked the absolute shit out of the last dozen megabosses the game chucks at you near the end.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:10 am 

Yeah, honestly, I don't have any idea what that guy was talking about. Magic is by far the MOST powerful thing in that game, especially if you get the ridiculous Economizer/Gem Box/Quick/Ultima combo going. One of your characters can cast Ultima 5 times every round for 6 MP, utterly OP.

Honestly though, the game was designed in the days before online FAQs, and I'm pretty sure it was balanced around players only finding and completing a handful of the sidequests before going to fight Kefka. If you complete them all, he's kind of a pushover. Some of them are genuinely pretty hard to find without a walkthrough, like knowing to get everyone sucked in by that sandworm guy in order to discover Gogo.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:18 am 

Yeah, my first run through was on the Playstation version and I forewent using a guide for that reason (the only games I refuse to play without one are the Suikoden games because fuck you if you think I'm gonna wrack my brain to finish the game with 107 Stars of Destiny and not get the good ending), and it took me ages to recruit everybody and I pretty much always got wrecked in the Colosseum. Learned a couple of tricks this second time and suddenly it was cake.

And actually, I figured out Gogo on my own because there's some dude in Thamasa who hints at that after you clear the part in Doma Castle. Finding Shadow again? Absolute complete dumb luck by betting the right weapon and not dying in the Colosseum.

BarryLamarBonds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:23 am 

BastardHead wrote:
After years and years of not being confident enough to take on Kefka's tower, I finally finished FFVI. Whoever it was on this forum who said the game was too easy because you didn't need magic must have never finished the World of Balance (where admittedly the game is made stunningly easy with Sabin's Blitzes and Edgar's Tools), because good god the trick to beating that final boss rush without breaking a sweat is Ultima times a bazillion. In my old file I spent all my time amping up Sabin and Cyan and Shadow and Locke because the way I play RPGs normally is speedy physical attacks for most of the game, but holy shit this time it just took a tiny amount of forethought on Terra, Celes, Relm, and Mog and then suddenly the game was un-loseable.

Anyway, I need to finish the first three plus V and then I'll have all the non-MMO games in the series done. I'd gotten about two thirds through V before
the most effective and heart wrenching death scene in the history of videogames broke my spirit
, so I'll probably save that one for last as a personal triumph. But until then, I started the first one, and FUCK is this a goddamn grindfest. I want to like it, but the woefully unreliable battle system and the absolutely absurd amount of grinding I'm doing is making that pretty difficult. I do like how there aren't real characters within your party and you just make it from scratch and go from there. It's much more like a traditional DnD game in a lot of respects, but spending hours to build up the money for the ludicrously overpriced equipment and spells only to sail to the next area and find a ton of better, much more expensive equipment in the next town (which is totally necessary lest the local wildlife tear me to shreds) is getting pretty old. If anything, it's a pretty good piece of bug ridden filth, but the game's age and it's numerous flaws are pretty hard to ignore.

The PS1 version of FF1 has an easy mode, which ramps up the amount of experience you get and makes items cheaper. I believe the enemies themselves aren't changed at all, you're just given a leg up. There's also a sprint button that allows you to move more quickly in dungeons and whatnot.

captain_che wrote:
Smoking_Gnu wrote:
working through Anor Londo right now...So *this* is the infamous part where you have to run around the parapets while dodging giant arrows. Oh dear.

That part turned out not to be as hard as I feared. But Anor Londo does have a section that is notorious for turning gamers against DS, which actually happens to be my second favorite part of the game. Anor Londo is one of my favorite sections, too. Fuck Blighttown and fuck New Londo, though.

The visuals of Anor Londo are fantastic.

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:43 am 

BastardHead wrote:

Actually, I think
Dark Souls has one that is much, much worse :(

BarryLamarBonds wrote:
The visuals of Anor Londo are fantastic.

...and, depending on the path you take through the game, they arrive at the perfect time. Without saying too much, I found Anor Londo almost shocking for a variety of reasons when I saw it for the first time. Plus,
if you love how dark the game can be in terms of lighting, you can make night fall over Anor Londo

Sorry for so many spoiler-preventers in one post, but I'd hate to ruin parts of the game for people who have not yet experienced its many surprises :-P

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:52 am 

So apparently Arkane Studios (Dishonored) is now working on a Prey reboot, that they're positioning as a spiritual sequel to System Shock 2...? Odd but... interesting, I suppose? :scratch:
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/16/r ... -after-all

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:00 am 

captain_che wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

Actually, I think
Dark Souls has one that is much, much worse :(

Would that be [Dark Souls spoilers]
Sif's death, particularly if you fight him post-DLC? Because yeah, that is so goddamn heartbreaking. :cry:

I can't say I've ever been emotionally involved in FF5's characters though, literally any of them. :lol: Faris was cool, but the others are just kinda there. Great gameplay though, probably the best combat system of the entire mainline series.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:33 am 

Quote:
Sif's death, particularly if you fight him post-DLC? Because yeah, that is so goddamn heartbreaking. :cry:

The music made it so sad. The whole boss fight was very poetic in a way, except for all the dark bead spamming.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:48 am 

Morrigan wrote:
I can't say I've ever been emotionally involved in FF5's characters though, literally any of them. :lol: Faris was cool, but the others are just kinda there. Great gameplay though, probably the best combat system of the entire mainline series.

I could write an entire essay on why that particular moment was so soul crushing for me...

The benefit of hindsight shows that death in the Final Fantasy series is nothing new. Noobs love to go on about Aeris's death and I get it is (like most things involving FFVII) kind of the cool thing to hate on, but it at least had some impact because you're not even halfway through the game when it happens, she's likely still got a ton of potential leveling to go, and she's billed as not only the love interest, but also the lynchpin in the entire plan to stop the big evil bad guy. So say what you will about it being played out or whatever because of how well known it is, it's pretty effective when you take in everything that built up to that moment plus the suddenness of it.

Since I haven't finished the first three, I can say that death was also a factor in IV, with Tellah biting the dust. When Golbez effectively kills him, the characters all made a huge deal about it and pretty much gave him an impromptu funeral on the spot. The problem is that it did nothing for me because everybody died in FFIV, and he's the only one who stayed dead. Death was an inconvenience in that universe, and a bad plot device to make up for the fact that there was no system for party management in the game. Tellah dies and stays dead, Cid sacrifices himself in an airship crash and shows up later recovering in a hospital bed, Edward gets killed somehow but also shows up in a hospital bed later, Palom and Porom were petrified during an escape scene but also end up surviving by the end, Kain is presumed dead near the beginning but (surprise) shows up okay later when controlled by Golbez, Yang "kills" himself for literally no goddamn reason at all and OF COURSE shows up later just fucking fine. Tellah's death meant shit because everybody fucking died in FFIV.

VI... well, Leo died but nobody gave a fuck about him. He was the villain until five minutes before his death and we never even really got to see him all that much beforehand. I felt absolutely no inclination to grieve or avenge him.

But in between all these meaningless or hacked out deaths, we have FFV. As Morri noted, V has probably the best combat system in the series, and that's a claim I will not dispute at all. The job system was incredible because it allowed for an amazingly diverse potential for playstyles and battle strategy, and instead of giving us a wide, colorful cast of characters like the games surrounding it, it gave us four defined personalities and let them grow as the story carried on, while still keeping the potential combat scenarios open and varied. Because of this, despite whether or not you were able to personally connect with the characters or not, there's no denying that there are no throwaway joke characters like Edward or Umaro or Cait Sith or Quan or even "why the fuck are you even in the party" people like Amarant or Vaan or Penelo. These four people were the four people, and you stuck with them from the beginning to the end. And with that, Galuf (and FFV in general) was a really lighthearted character. He was far older than the other three but was clearly enjoying himself on his adventure, and never came across as a cocky asshole or self important douche or whiny, brooding doofus. He was a fun, irreverent guy who laughed a lot and enjoyed his journey with his newfound friends. When you get to his realm, he completely brushes off the fact that he's a king and just remains "one of the guys" and does everything he can to have fun while saving the world. You can even see his relationship with his granddaughter, Krile, where he's a very positive old man she looks up to and he loves her more than anything. They look out for each other. He's one of the most likeable people in the entire Final Fantasy universe.

And then comes the fight with the four Crystals inside that tree (the exact name escapes me right now), which I recall being a boss battle like any other, if a little more difficult than usual if unprepared (fuck the Earth Crystal). You finish it, dust yourself off and prepare to continue your journey, and fucking Exdeath just shows up right there and wrecks everybody's shit. Krile shows up and tries to help, which Exdeath responds by circling her in a ring of fire. This pisses off the wounded Galuf, a normally very irreverent personality, so much that he hauls his bleeding ass up and tries to fight Exdeath. Exdeath just unloads on him, hacking him up and casting obscenely overpowered spells on the old man, but he just keeps trudging forward, one foot in front of the other, and taking impossibly weak shots at the supremely powerful dark knight. Their dialog was really good too from what I remember:

"All the hatred in the world could not defeat me!"

"This... isn't anger... this isn't hatred"

He keeps pushing forwards before Exdeath gives up and runs away, leaving the lifeloving old man with a young spirit that we've been traveling with for the entire duration of the game in a bloody heap. The rest of the party finally manages to their feet and over to Galuf's side, where he lay in the throes of death, all while his sobbing granddaughter desperately tries to heal him. "No! Grandpa! CURE! You can't leave me... PHOENIX DOWN!"

And then that's it, he's toast. Granted, Krile immediately joins your party with all of Galuf's equipment, skills, and experience so it's not like you lose anything from a gameplay perspective, but from the viewpoint of the narrative, it just depleted me. I know I'm supposed to be all "Well FUCK Exdeath! I need to avenge Galuf, dammit", but instead I was like "Well... shit. I don't think I have the will to do this anymore..."

The entire thing is so well done, and no other death in videogame history has even managed to deal a fraction of the weight that that particular one managed to dole out in my eyes.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:43 pm 

I've made it to the swamps of Blighttown. Ugh... just, fuck this whole place. I didn't go back to the Undead Asylum, so I don't have the Rusted Iron Ring, so I'm slowly trudging through this poisonous mire and getting envenomed every step of the way. Please tell me this isn't a big area.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:51 pm 

Yeah fuck Blighttown. But it's not very big, don't worry.

My PS3 is dying ): I turn it on, then 1 second later it automatically turns off. I have try 20 times until it starts working properly.

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:58 am 

Morrigan wrote:

Yes indeedy. More Dark Souls spoilers:

Post-dlc is definitely worse, but even pre-dlc is pretty sad. Just the way he limps during the fight. I usually wait until I'm o.p. to fight him, stand under his belly, and swing until he dies. Takes very little time, and it's fast enough, and the position occluded enough, that I don't have to see him limp. But Jesus-fucking-Christ I wish there was a way to avoid that fight. Waiting to see what they torment us with in Dark Souls II :(

And one more:
Incidentally, the Artorias fight is my favorite in the entire game. There's some of Artorias' deleted dialogue people found buried in the game's files, which is also sad and kind of scary. Ornstein & Smough is a close second.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:51 pm 

Guys, I'm trying to remember the name of a old game I played when I was younger. It was either for windows 95 or 98, and you had to fly (I assume) a spaceship through narrow hallways at great speed while dodging things in first person view. You could also collect upgrades and your speed would increase after completing a level. I also remember the colors of the levels changing ever so often. I also vaguely remember shooting things, but I don't know if that's accurate. Any idea?

Last edited by henkkjelle on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:03 am 

Was it Descent?
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:08 am 

Nope, the graphics of the game I'm looking for are a lot more minimal (one basic color for a whole level) and the only thing you had to do was dodging things at high speed while shooting/collecting stuff. You pretty much had no element of exploring, and you couldn't stop the ship. It was pretty much a tunnel dodge game with shooting involved.

Also, I'm assuming it's a ship, the whole game is in complete first person view.

EDIT
Now that I think about it, it could also have been a ms dos game

Last edited by henkkjelle on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:56 am 

I remember something like that for the PS1 around '98. I can't remember the name either, although I you were exploring levels in a ship, I don't remember being unable to stop. So I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Last.fm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511 ... 940  Next