Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:02 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
For me it was just that Cruise wasn't at all good at playing a charismatic villain. Now, I don't think the movie would have been a classic with someone else, but the movie just focuses so much on his character and the character played by Jamie Foxx (who did a good job, incidentally) that it kind of lives or dies on how believable those two are. Robert DeNiro for example would have nailed it; his character in Mann's earlier movie Heat wasn't too much different from the hitman in Collateral, and I'm sure he could have knocked it out of the park.

And let's not forget the overlooked Ronin (1998). Fantastic crime/heist thriller/action flick. De Niro nails his role as a veteran former spook/high end criminal for hire/general fucking badass. His steely demeanor, coldness and veteranism is exhuded throughout the film. More credit to your notion he'd have made a better villain. In fact i was thinking of mentioning him in my previous post.

Jamie Foxx is an actor i always was surprisingly happy with. In Jarhead for example he does that role well. Guy's been in some terrible shit though.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:09 pm 

Mmm, Michael Mann. What an either off or on director. Pretty much no middle ground to speak of. I fucking ADORED Heat, Thief, Manhunter and The Insider... but pretty much despised Collateral (though it had an edgy, interesting filming style), The Keep (sucked in every imaginable way), Ali (honestly, I thought even The Hurricane was better) and Miami Vice. I'm yet to see Public Enemies still, but I'm not exactly rushing to fix that.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:11 pm 

Ronin was a revelation. Did you know it was ghostwritten by David Mamet? John Frankenheimer is another extremely hit-or-miss director, though.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:27 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Mmm, Michael Mann. What an either off or on director. Pretty much no middle ground to speak of. I fucking ADORED Heat, Thief, Manhunter and The Insider... but pretty much despised Collateral (though it had an edgy, interesting filming style), The Keep (sucked in every imaginable way), Ali (honestly, I thought even The Hurricane was better) and Miami Vice. I'm yet to see Public Enemies still, but I'm not exactly rushing to fix that.

Gotta agree here - i dig the same films by him, but of the latter bunch i've only seen collateral which i wasn't too chuffed with. Ali is something i've always avoided - didn't even know it was directed by him. Miami Vice i avoided, even though i'm a fan of the original TV series.

Re: Ronin i wasn't aware of the ghostwriting. What's the deal with that film anyways, i feel it doesn't nearly get the credit it deserves. A lot of people seem to lap up whatever crime action/thrillers come out, but a lot of them seem to have never seen Ronin, or to not care for it. I think it's awesome. Probably watched it a good 10 times over the years. I believe i scribbled some thoughts on it a few years back:

Thrilling Crime Flick for the Modern Age

A stylish and classy action flick for the modern age, this film benefits from a weaving, high octane, thrilling story of intrigue, great casting (lead by De Niro and Jean Reno), intricate, complicated shots and amazing car chases, as well as thrilling gunfights. This film is so well done, it reminds me of the classy, polished action/crime flicks of the 70s, such as Le Cercle Rouge, and French Connection. No mater how many times i see this film, it's still thrilling, and never fails to impress with an awesome screenplay, and complex action sequences. De Niro makes another stunning performance.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:48 pm 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
And let's not forget the overlooked Ronin (1998). Fantastic crime/heist thriller/action flick. De Niro nails his role as a veteran former spook/high end criminal for hire/general fucking badass. His steely demeanor, coldness and veteranism is exhuded throughout the film. More credit to your notion he'd have made a better villain. In fact i was thinking of mentioning him in my previous post.

I haven't seen Ronin in like 12 years, though I do remember liking it at the time. I should rewatch it.

darkeningday wrote:

Yeah, agreed. Basically he just needs to stick to contemporary crime thrillers, haha. I'd absolutely love to see another movie from him with a synthy 80s soundtrack, possibly even by Tangerine Dream like in Thief, but there's just no way that's going to happen again.

Really though, it just blows me away that Thief was Michael Mann's first movie. It's a REALLY intense character study of the titular thief, and basically maintains that laser focus throughout - I'm not even sure anyone else ever gets any real character development. First movies tend to be way less focused than that.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:52 pm 

Yeah Tangerine Dream soundtrack is dope. It's one of those debut films like Ridley Scott's Duellists (1977); way too professional and polished and high end to be a debut feature length. Impressive stuff.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:06 pm 

I wouldn't call Ronin overlooked. Sure awhile a go it probably was but almost every one knows about that movie now. It's not going to slip under the radar with Robert De Niro in the cast. Not in the same genre but The Dark Backward, What Happened Was.. and High Strung are three examples of overlooked and non-discussed films. Also I think Jamie Foxx sucks in general, his 'good job' in Collateral was looking worried and constipated from 2 hours, whereas Tom Cruise's character was cold and calculated which hindered his emotions yet his charm and on cue reaction slipped through at crucial times. Collateral more or less reminded me of Falling Down, the destination points they both have, the false beginnings which allude to a different outcome, the climax which I can't reveal, and various other similarities. Sure there's differences but I imagine a movie night of those two films would go well.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:47 pm 

Enjoyed Collateral and Heat. Miami Vice remains the only movie I have almost fallen asleep watching in a theater. Public Enemies was mostly boring after the first ten or twenty minutes. It's like the script was written by a documentary writer for the History Channel (with less aliens).

Also enjoyed From Hell. Never cared for the Matrix at all really. Extremely overrated right from the start. Dark, cool concept that gets weighed down by philosophical mumbo-jumbo and lightweight fight scenes that look like they were choreographed by a man who wears panties before ending with a 30 minute Korn video.

Hugo Weaving was good though.

darkeningday wrote:
failsafeman wrote:
and the philosophical stuff just seems kinda pretentious.

I recall the Morpheus speech right before he handed Neo the red pill/blue pill choice being particularly egregious today. Although even at its worst, the vacuuous philosophical platitudes and irritatingly elaborate metaphors were nowhere near as bad as they were in the Wachowski's script for V for Vendetta, although I suspect that could be due more to Alan Moore's influence.

The first "V Speech" in the alley was :ugh: :grumble: .

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:14 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
Never cared for the Matrix at all really. Extremely overrated right from the start. Dark, cool concept that gets weighed down by philosophical mumbo-jumbo and lightweight fight scenes that look like they were choreographed by a man who wears panties before ending with a 30 minute Korn video.

The philosophical content is only there if you pay it mind, it's not forced down your throat like in the third one. The real world as we know it is a program, what is so mumjo-jumbo about that? It's extremely easy to follow and relatable given Thomas Anderson's reactions. The fight scenes are adequate, they are some times abrupt but that's meant to be the point because they're fast. Neo can't just go around fighting agents as he's told throughout the film he should run from them. Sure they maybe could have included another fight simulator scene but what would be the point and it would reduce the importance of the final act of the film.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:12 pm 

Wait, there's a new rendition of The 47 Ronin coming out starring Keanu Reeves? :ugh: What...the...fuck?

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:23 pm 

Just re-watched Strange Days after the earlier conversation, and I have to say it was much, much better than I remembered. In the wake of the Boston Bomber manhunt, the militarized police in Strange Days seems very prophetic, though I don't think they're quite to the point of driving actual tanks yet. The characters were great, and I especially loved the setup that just shows Ralph Fiennes's character at work, it seemed incredibly natural. Also, the whole "wiring" thing was really fleshed out very well, as they showed both the positives and negatives of its use. On the one hand, giving an amputee the chance to feel what it's like to run on real legs again, on the other, sick voyeurism. The movie never really judged whether the technology was good or bad - just showed how different people could use it for different goals.

Overall, I'd say Strange Days is a really, really damn good movie. Probably the best Cyberpunk movie there is.

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:48 am 

This is footage taken from a virtual tour event at Comic Con called "Godzilla Encounter" and pretty much is the first legit look at the new Godzilla. This could be taken down soon so hurry up and watch it now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mzr09AK6VA

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:31 am 

I'd like to be excited by this new Godzilla but it's hard to wash away the waste of the 1998 film. Is this going to be shot in handheld POV style like Cloverfield or what? I think it might be the only way to make it not reek of Roland Emmerich.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:29 am 

failsafeman wrote:
Just re-watched Strange Days after the earlier conversation, and I have to say it was much, much better than I remembered. In the wake of the Boston Bomber manhunt, the militarized police in Strange Days seems very prophetic, though I don't think they're quite to the point of driving actual tanks yet. The characters were great, and I especially loved the setup that just shows Ralph Fiennes's character at work, it seemed incredibly natural. Also, the whole "wiring" thing was really fleshed out very well, as they showed both the positives and negatives of its use. On the one hand, giving an amputee the chance to feel what it's like to run on real legs again, on the other, sick voyeurism. The movie never really judged whether the technology was good or bad - just showed how different people could use it for different goals.

Overall, I'd say Strange Days is a really, really damn good movie. Probably the best Cyberpunk movie there is.

Damn, away for a few days and I miss a cyberpunk discussion. :(

Anywho, I'd have to agree here - I'm very fond of Strange Days, I find it to be one of the few films that captures the grimy chaos that, I think, is a mark of the cyberpunk literature I enjoy most; there's something about the feel of the world of that film that comes close to evoking something like a Gibson-esque landscape. I had to watch it a couple of times to appreciate just how well done it really was, and how subtly it works out its ideas; what looks haphazard or stretched out at first is actually form suiting content, and Lenny is a classic cyberpunk protagonist.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:20 am 

I decided to watch Spring Breakers yesterday because why not, I'm at the camping, I'm bored and I have internet and it fast seeders. SPOILERS ahead in my rant, I'm not using the tag 'cause you know the movie has basically no story anyway.

It's basically 4 hot chicks who are in college who want to change their ideas and go to Florida for spring break. They don't have enough money so three of them decide to go steal the cash of a restaurant armed with a hammer and a fake plastic gun (and it works). So cool man. So now, they have enough cash or whatever. So they party, drink and do drugs and have fun in Florida, we see tits, there's dubstep, tits, flashing lights, tits. During a party, they get arrested probably because they're underage or whatever, we don't care. They don't have the cash to bail out of jail but this rapper from the beach (a superb James Franco who's really really in character as a gangsta wigger with dreads, the only redeeming part of this movie) pays for them.

Selena Gomez plays a christian girl, we see her at church at the start of the movie (a useless scene to establish absolutely nothing) is the most useless character I've ever seen, when the 4 girls get out of jail, she's scared and she wants to go home (because you know, Franco's character is a drug dealer and shit) and then after 40 mins, the actress with the big name leaves the plot and will never come back again... Some other stuff happens, one of the girl get shot in the arm, she decides to go back home too, the two other girls fuck with Franco in the pool, play with his guns. Franco has a conflict with this other dealer and he asked if the girls want to help him. So they drive his boat to the other dude's place and on the dock, Franco get shot in the head and die just like that. The girls in bikini with their automatic guns kill everyone like if it was a first person shooter with god mode activated, yeaaaaaaah 2 college chicks can kill 20 black gangstas so easily man. They kill the dealer in his bathtub and steal his car to go back home. END. Awful.

This movie serves absolutely no purposes, it relies on its obnoxious atmosphere, videos of girls twerking, showing their tits and doing cocaine, loud modern music. Whatever, this tries to show what society is? The American dream? Fuck that shit. Just don't watch that. Awful. Fuck this Harmony Korine dude. I'm sure Empyreal liked that!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:51 am 

Aurone wrote:
This is footage taken from a virtual tour event at Comic Con called "Godzilla Encounter" and pretty much is the first legit look at the new Godzilla. This could be taken down soon so hurry up and watch it now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mzr09AK6VA

I'm definitely excited about this movie. I think they know what Godzilla fans want, and they're going to deliver. That footage was pretty neat. As for the design, the neck is too thick, but besides that he looks good. He looks like Godzilla! Bring on the new movie.

slayrrr666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:29 pm 

The Beast of Hollow Mountain-When their cattle herds start disappearing, rival ranches declare the other responsible and begin feuding with each other, unaware the true culprit is a reawakened dinosaur that lives in a cursed swamp nearby and forces them to work together to ward it off. This was a troubling affair as it did have some enjoyable moments spread throughout but really gets caught up in it's own problems. One of the major ones here is the Western influence on the storyline taking such centerstage that it doesn't allow the horror to sift through, making it into a monster movie out of nowhere with no real explanation for anything and really downplaying it overall as well. While the two sides warring over the cattle herds as well as the woman make for some fine moments at times, especially once the jealousy kicks in and they start actively fighting each other, the fact that this constitutes the majority of the film's opening hour makes it quite obvious there's no real intent to wage on anything else in here and renders the dinosaur's first appearance in the hour's closing minuets. As well, the shoddy nature of the stop-motion animation used to bring it to life is ridiculously cheap and cheesy and doesn't for a second convince otherwise of it's realism when the genre really should've done better by that time, and the laughable inclusion of many factual and physiological errors about the creature is another fun point of ridicule. While it does have some rather fun moments once the dinosaur's actually out and about which makes for a whirlwind finale, it's a little too late to save this one.

i don't consider gordon ramsay to be a chef, because i haven't been to his restaurants, and i'm not interested in his food

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:51 pm 

Regarding Matrix, I've always thought of it as a poor man's Ghost in the Shell. The first one is passable, but the other 2 are terrible beyond redemption.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:10 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
The first one is passable, but the other 2 are terrible beyond redemption.

Funny, that's exactly how I'd describe the Ghost in the Shell series, only with 'the other 2' replaced with 'its sequel'. :-P

Any of you Cyberpunk fanatics seen Cypher? It's not exactly Cyberpunk, but I think a strong case for it could be made for it to be included anyway.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:27 pm 

Yes, though a long time ago. As far as I recall, I wasn't especially impressed - I wouldn't describe it as cyberpunk, really; it felt more like a corporate thriller, albeit with futuristic elements. The main dude - cannot be bothered to look up his name - seemed like a typical inadvertent white collar hero who stumbles upon dirty company dealings, rather than a grimy/tortured hacker.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:34 pm 

...until of course (major spoiler)
Spoiler: show
the end, when it's revealed that's exactly what he was/is :-P

I'll also remind you of this:

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:18 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:
The first one is passable, but the other 2 are terrible beyond redemption.

Funny, that's exactly how I'd describe the Ghost in the Shell series, only with 'the other 2' replaced with 'its sequel'. :-P
Any of you Cyberpunk fanatics seen Cypher? It's not exactly Cyberpunk, but I think a strong case for it could be made for it to be included anyway.

I've only seen the first movie and Stand Alone Complex, which was so incredibly boring I fell asleep during a few episodes. I'm sure Ghost in the Shell still holds up well compared to Akira though, it's beautifully drawn but the lousy third act keeps me from rating it highly.

Yes, I've seen Cypher twice. I rented it in 2002 because it was from the creator of Cube. I'd be interested to know if any of his other movies are worth checking out. I'm apprehensive of Splice as I've heard that it's a mixed bag.

Edit: Before I had seen it I used to always confuse Ghost in the Shell with this abomination, which I saw at the cinema as a youngster.

Last edited by volutetheswarth on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:30 pm 

In addition to Cube I've seen Nothing and Splice; couldn't even finish the former due to that prattling doctor moron from Stargate: Atlantis and only completed the latter because I was striving to understand how a premise that moronic could get a $30 million backing from a major studio; I concluded that the director must've kidnapped an executive at Warner Bros.'s child to strong-arm him into getting him to back the film.

Keep in mind that I didn't really like Cube either (aside from the wonderful Nicole De Boer and, of course, the cool-ass ending), though, so YMMV.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:25 pm 

I actually saw Splice...I'm trying to remember the context because it seems so obviously shitty I can't imagine having put much/any effort into watching it at all. Was it on Netflix at some point or something? Anyway, what I took away from it is that movie was that a furry had watched The Fly at some point and decided to make basically the same movie, except with a third person they could use as their weird furry alien fetish object.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:36 pm 

volutetheswarth wrote:
Edit: Before I had seen it I used to always confuse Ghost in the Shell with this abomination, which I saw at the cinema as a youngster.

This looks fucking amazing, what the HELL are you talking about?!? It looks like an even-shittier version of The Lawnmower Man which was, of course, also amazing. If it's on Netflix, my night is set!

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 pm 

When it's from the director who made the best entry to the Nightmare on Elm St series; Freddy's Dead, and followed it with Tank Girl, you know your in for some high quality entertainment!

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:18 pm 

Is Tank Girl really that bad? A lot of my friends downright worship that movie, but keep in mind I have a lot of lesbian friends.

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:19 pm 

volutetheswarth wrote:
the best entry to the Nightmare on Elm St series; Freddy's Dead

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:19 pm 

Freddy's Dead is stupid, but compared to The Dream Child, it's a work of brilliance on the level of Citizen Kane.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:23 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Is Tank Girl really that bad? A lot of my friends downright worship that movie, but keep in mind I have a lot of lesbian friends.

It's really bad, but in a campy way that I can see appealing to people who like camp. The actual comic is a lot better, though it's not really the sort of thing I tend to read.

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:10 am 

@CDH, notice what Darkeningday was saying with exclamation marks littered throughout his post.

@DD, I considered not mentioning Tank Girl but I opted to because I personally despise it.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:03 am 

failsafeman wrote:
darkeningday wrote:

It's really bad, but in a campy way that I can see appealing to people who like camp. The actual comic is a lot better, though it's not really the sort of thing I tend to read.

Yeah, I never saw the appeal of the movie or the comics. I always noticed it was women with lots of tattoos that liked Tank Girl, or die-hard Lobo fans, another overrated character, but at least Lobo had Simon Bisley art going for it. Apparently Tank Girl is a 'cult' movie, and I've seen it likened to Mad Max, which is utter nonsense, as Mad Max is actually good (well, the first two are at least).

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:00 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
@CDH, notice what Darkeningday was saying with exclamation marks littered throughout his post.

OK, the sarcasm comes through much clearer when reading the thread as a whole instead of focusing on one post at a time.

Quote:
Freddy's Dead is stupid, but compared to The Dream Child, it's a work of brilliance on the level of Citizen Kane.

The Dream Child certainly isn't my favorite installment, but I don't remember it having anything as terrible as Freddy's Dead's video game scene. But hey, is that Trinity in one of her pre-Matrix roles? (Well, no, but they look like they could be sisters at least.)

slayrrr666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 pm 

The Thing That Couldn't Die-When a group of people farming on their land stumble upon a mysterious crate buried in the ground, the removal of the object causes them to stumble onto the terrifying truth about it's contents when a body-less head starts running around the estate. This was a pretty entertaining effort that has some good things to it that make it feel a lot better than it really should. The main thing here is the fact that the killer head is the main villain in this one, but rather than have him be the bloodthirsty creature he should be this one has him hypnotize those around him to do his dirty work so he can get his body back, and the film's decision to feature the hypnotized interacting with the unaffected others makes for some creepy scenes they attempt to manipulate them even further unwittingly towards the goal, and it's quite tense and creepy during these scenes. Also quite creepy are the scenes out in the cemetery where they unearth the crate in the darkness which feel quite like typical Gothic set-pieces that drive the creepiness up some, as well as the finale which generate some rather intense action scenes with the reanimated body running around make for some great thrills. It does take a while to start up here as the head doesn't get loose until quite late in the film for a quickie of this type, and some of the effects themselves look quite cheap, but the main problem is a rather disjointed storyline that never really makes a lot of sense overall as it careens between several different plot points that are interconnected through quite thin margins, making this somewhat flawed but overall enjoyable.

i don't consider gordon ramsay to be a chef, because i haven't been to his restaurants, and i'm not interested in his food

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:00 pm 

If you like horror movies, you will surely like ''nocturnal butcher''. It's really horrible to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkDpTojVaw

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:07 pm 

Anyone here watch Requiem for a Dream? I seen it years ago and watched it again there not so long ago, severely fucked up film to be fair :-D doesn't glamourise drug use one bit.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm 

It's beyond horrible but still one of Darren Aronofsky's least dogshit movies (though I'm still yet to see The Wrestler).

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:19 pm 

It's probably my least favorite of the four-ish Darren films I've seen but still worth a watch. I don't hate anything he's done. The music is generally good too, even if the main theme is overplayed a bit.

I will fully admit that Clint Mansell's ability to score a film is the major major reason I tend to like Darren's work, more so than anything else.

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:30 pm 

I think it's a supremely good film, but then again I wouldn't call myself a film buff. I average going to the cinema once every three years or what :-D I'm probably the only guy on the internet that hasn't seen the latest Batman film even though it's well over a year old :lol:

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:35 pm 

SadisticGratification wrote:
I think it's a supremely good film, but then again I wouldn't call myself a film buff. I average going to the cinema once every three years or what :-D I'm probably the only guy on the internet that hasn't seen the latest Batman film even though it's well over a year old :lol:

You really should see that. Believable or not, plot holes and all the last hour was pretty jaw-dropping to watch.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418 ... 818  Next