Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:47 pm 

666Emperor666 wrote:
Not a close up mode. I did all the adjustments manually. To be honest the objective that came with the camera is pretty bad. The pictures become a little bit grainy when I'm usin longer focal length. So next I must invest in better objective. Maybe a macro or wide-angle lens.

....uh yeah, don't know fuck all about cameras

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:53 pm 

bloodycumshit wrote:
666Emperor666 wrote:
Not a close up mode. I did all the adjustments manually. To be honest the objective that came with the camera is pretty bad. The pictures become a little bit grainy when I'm usin longer focal length. So next I must invest in better objective. Maybe a macro or wide-angle lens.

....uh yeah, don't know fuck all about cameras

Still you take very good pictures. I love the photos in your last post!

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:07 pm 

thank you

Everywhere i go now i am distracted by objects and landscapes i think would be good for a photo, i think this could become a mental disorder.
Of course it seems whenever there is an amazing sun rise or extraordinary storm clouds or something the camera is at home.

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:14 pm 

bloodycumshit wrote:
thank you

Everywhere i go now i am distracted by objects and landscapes i think would be good for a photo, i think this could become a mental disorder.
Of course it seems whenever there is an amazing sun rise or extraordinary storm clouds or something the camera is at home.

Oh yeah I know that feeling... It truly sucks when I see something beautiful and my camera is not with me. I guess I should always keep the camera at hand :D

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:40 pm 

666Emperor666 wrote:
One of the test pictures with my new camera:

bloodycumshit wrote:
that close up mode ? looks like it is going to be a good camera...not that i no fuck all about cameras

Could you explain what's your new camera, Emperor?
I don't see nothing expectacular im that photo. I mean, technically.
Thanks (cause I would like to invest in a good camera but I'm not sure about the results)!

P.S: I mean, I use this shitty Canon IXUS 240 HS:
http://www.canon.es/For_Home/Product_Fi ... US_240_HS/

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:10 am 

You use this camera for your pics, BasqueStorm?
Fuck, maybe I've shouldn't have spent so much in a camera as I only take pics of sunsets and trees :(

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:44 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Could you explain what's your new camera, Emperor?
I don't see nothing expectacular im that photo. I mean, technically.
Thanks (cause I would like to invest in a good camera but I'm not sure about the results)!

My new camera is Canon EOS 600D. I really recommend it, but as I said the lens that came with it is shitty (it usually is if you buy a camera kit), so buying a better one is almost mandatory.

Yeah there is some flaws in that photo as I said the pictures become grainy when using longer focal length.

Here's a few more pictures I took in that same trip:

This is the same picture as the upper one, but I added a b/w + grainy effect.

I love doing macro photography, but I need a macro lens to be able to take pics that satisfy me.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:42 am 

Marag wrote:
You use this camera for your pics, BasqueStorm?
Fuck, maybe I've shouldn't have spent so much in a camera as I only take pics of sunsets and trees :(

Yeah! I do! And ALWAYS ask myself if the pain in the ass of having to carry something bigger (and much more expensive) would be worth or not. I'm not sure.

666Emperor666 wrote:
My new camera is Canon EOS 600D. I really recommend it, but as I said the lens that came with it is shitty (it usually is if you buy a camera kit), so buying a better one is almost mandatory.

Wow, 666Emperor666, that's a serious camera (at least for me)!
http://www.canon.es/For_Home/Product_Fi ... /EOS_600D/

How much will be to add the better len(s)?
I suspect I don't wanna spend so much when I didn't have time to try to learn how to use the manuals functions of my old Minolta DiMAGE F300 (http://www.dpreview.com/news/2003/1/9/dimagef300).
Next one was a Canon IXUS 80 IS (http://www.canon.es/For_Home/Product_Fi ... XUS_80_IS/) and this one I'm using is the last one (Canon IXUS 240 HS).

Nice photos, 666Emperor666!
P.D: I should dedicate myself more time to go to the mountain like I used.

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:52 am 

@BasqueStorm
Getting a GOOD lens will probably cost more than the camera itself. I will search for used ones, so I could get one for a little bit cheaper.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:34 am 

666Emperor666 wrote:
@BasqueStorm
Getting a GOOD lens will probably cost more than the camera itself. I will search for used ones, so I could get one for a little bit cheaper.

What?!? NO FUCKING way!

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:18 am 

That's a good camera 666Emperor666, I'd like to have one like this but objectives and lens are expensive as FUCK. As it stands I'm happy with my Nikon P510, even if its not as complete as I'd like.
Beautiful pics, too.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:40 am 

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:22 am 

very beautiful close up shots emperor and mindhadow

here are a few pics i took on a little drive me and the wife went for today

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:43 am 

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:49 am 

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:05 am 

no reception to the last pics (not that there has to be) so here's a few more i took on the way home from work today

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:04 am 

DreamOfDarkness wrote:
Pic taken at "Achtermannshöhe".

I really liked this photo, so I took the liberty of messing around with it a bit in Photoshop. Hopefully you don't mind!

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

mindshadow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:39 am 

bloodycumshit wrote:

That looks like Scotland or Wales

Spoiler: show

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:01 pm 

fucks sake! that purple flower one is so clear and perfect, is it the camera or just how you focused it what ?

I bet you could take some amazing bud photos.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:08 pm 

iamntbatman, I must say that the original just looks SO much better...

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:14 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
DreamOfDarkness wrote:
Pic taken at "Achtermannshöhe".

I really liked this photo, so I took the liberty of messing around with it a bit in Photoshop. Hopefully you don't mind!

Reminds me of this.
http://www.metal-archives.com/images/1/ ... _18097.jpg

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:22 pm 

not sure why someone put a piano here, but it looked kind of cool

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:51 am 

A shame it's broken. :(
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

mindshadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:11 am 

It works for me :)

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:11 pm 

He meant the piano itself :P

mindshadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:06 pm 

I meant the piano looks good in the picture so it's not "broken" but part of the scene
It's a zen thing, I was thinking in the abstract :-P :roll:

Samhain_Leaf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:39 am 

Western Canada

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:03 am 

Samhain_Leaf wrote:
Western Canada

Ok I think we have a winner here! You have talent!

Samhain_Leaf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:43 pm 

666Emperor666 wrote:
Samhain_Leaf wrote:
Western Canada

Thanks!

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:02 am 

666Emperor666 wrote:

So what makes an awesome photo ? Is it how well you know how to edit the photo, or the clarity or just the the right moment light and angle?
Samhain_Leafs pic for example looks amazing the way it is presented 'the clouds the light and all that' but the landscape itself doesn't really strike me as being anything extraordinary...but it is still a good photo

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:11 am 

Well, if I can offer my two cents as someone who worked in the professional art world for a few years (god I sound like a cunt typing that out)...

I've seen a shitload of nature photography by a huge range of photographers of various backgrounds and talent. Of these, many were really very talented. However, being in the art business, I also saw a hell of a lot of stock photography. Sure, on some level there's probably some important distinction between stock nature photos and "Fine Art" nature photography, but the line is thin and blurry if it exists at all. Now, there's nothing at all *wrong* with stock photography, but even in the best of it I usually got some sense that the photographer was just doing her best to capture the scene as it appeared. For me, what really makes something a fine art photographer rather than a stock photo is how much of the photographer's artistry I can feel from looking at the piece. When I look at Samhain_Leaf's photo, I can't really imagine that being a "real" scene one might come across in life; that's a scene through his eyes and his hands.

I guess that's probably not super helpful on a technical level, but since I'm not a photographer myself I can't really comment on what you'd need to do to "own" a shot like that. That's not to say some of you other regular posters aren't talented; I follow this thread regularly and get loads of enjoyment out of what most of you guys post, so keep it up!

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:37 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Well, if I can offer my two cents as someone who worked in the professional art world for a few years (god I sound like a cunt typing that out)...

I've seen a shitload of nature photography by a huge range of photographers of various backgrounds and talent. Of these, many were really very talented. However, being in the art business, I also saw a hell of a lot of stock photography. Sure, on some level there's probably some important distinction between stock nature photos and "Fine Art" nature photography, but the line is thin and blurry if it exists at all. Now, there's nothing at all *wrong* with stock photography, but even in the best of it I usually got some sense that the photographer was just doing her best to capture the scene as it appeared. For me, what really makes something a fine art photographer rather than a stock photo is how much of the photographer's artistry I can feel from looking at the piece. When I look at Samhain_Leaf's photo, I can't really imagine that being a "real" scene one might come across in life; that's a scene through his eyes and his hands.

I guess that's probably not super helpful on a technical level, but since I'm not a photographer myself I can't really comment on what you'd need to do to "own" a shot like that. That's not to say some of you other regular posters aren't talented; I follow this thread regularly and get loads of enjoyment out of what most of you guys post, so keep it up!

No that helped a lot, the blurred line thing i can fully understand, i find a line between the two hard to distinguish myself.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:43 am 

Oh it's definitely blurry. When you're browsing stock photo galleries, you see names pop up over and over, so these are clearly the "stock photo guys" who just do that sort of thing for a living. But then every once in a while you come across some really gorgeous shots that seem a little out of place, you know? Often I think those are people who are more "fine art" photographers who licensed some of their images out to make some extra money on the side, or people who are newer to stock photography and maybe put a little too much effort into it.

Of course, on the other side of the coin, you do see lots of "fine art" photographers who're basically shooting stock photos. Maybe they lack talent or maybe they haven't found their spark yet, who knows.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:01 am 

Sounds like something i would love to study, maybe i will one day.
Feeling the photographers atmosphere is hard, but i know what ya mean. The river photo i posted earlier was an amazing place to be at, it was from a bungee bridge i actually bunjee'd off a few years ago but when i look at it i don't fell any atmosphere at all (it doesn't even have that "this is really really fucking high) feel to it. But then i look at some average photo of a dreary rainy day on the way home from work and i can almost feel how i felt that day.

Insolent_Heretic
Torus Map Coloring Theorem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:39 am 

These are awesome, I noticed a bit of camera talk going on, is there a separate thread somewhere I should look at?
I'm planning on using my birthday & christmas money this year to get myself a camera because I'm taking photography as one of my electives and I love it, I got a high distinction last semester so I guess I'm not too bad at it either.

I've been using a Nikon D700 lately that I borrow from school, I doubt I can manage anything that expensive though, so what so you guys suggest? It needs to be able to take RAW photos.

Here's some photos I took for my landscape project (Australian Bushland)

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 am 

bloodycumshit wrote:
666Emperor666 wrote:

So what makes an awesome photo ? Is it how well you know how to edit the photo, or the clarity or just the the right moment light and angle?
Samhain_Leafs pic for example looks amazing the way it is presented 'the clouds the light and all that' but the landscape itself doesn't really strike me as being anything extraordinary...but it is still a good photo

The way things are adjusted in the picture, the little details it contains, the cropping of the picture and of course the atmosphere the picture invokes. Many things affect to it. Of course a succesfull editing is also very important (and when I talk about editing, I don't mean ruining the picture with stupid effects. I mean little adjustments to make picture perfect, like cropping, colour adjustments etc.).

In my opinion Samhain_Leaf manages to depict the melancholy of that landscape perfectly. And no, I don't think any photographer could do that. Nature photography is not only about the landscapes you take photos of. What's important is HOW you do it.

But who am I to argue. People have different tastes.

mindshadow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:20 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Well, if I can offer my two cents as someone who worked in the professional art world for a few years

iamntbatman wrote:

green and sepia yuk! were you sacked lol :lol:

bloodycumshit wrote:

Look at your mountain/piano photo

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:23 pm 

mindshadow wrote:

Quote:

:lol: :lol:
bloodycumshit wrote:

mindshadow wrote:
Look at your mountain/piano photo

ha, thanks
Fuck i sore a massive tornado out at sea before work yesterday morning, looked like one of those tornado ally ones...of corse i decided not to bring my FRICKEN camera that day :nono:

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:42 pm 

mindshadow wrote:

Thanks dude! I'll take any insult from you as a compliment.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:19 am 

the sun and clouds and stuff

and down it goes

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 50  Next