Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AcidVoodoo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am 

Well I'd be grateful if you guys could help me find some bands that sound similar to Chthonic but the whole eh-ru and oriental feel is not necessary, I mean it's pretty good but I also like the way they handle the guitars and how their music has a melodic flavor. A lot of people say they're some kind of melodic black metal and other say they are melodic death so I didn't knew where to post this.

I'd prefer if you could recommend me something without clean vocals or that it uses them sparingly. Thanks in advance.

suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:45 am 

AcidVoodoo wrote:
Well I'd be grateful if you guys could help me find some bands that sound similar to Chthonic but the whole eh-ru and oriental feel is not necessary, I mean it's pretty good but I also like the way they handle the guitars and how their music has a melodic flavor. A lot of people say they're some kind of melodic black metal and other say they are melodic death so I didn't knew where to post this.

I'd prefer if you could recommend me something without clean vocals or that it uses them sparingly. Thanks in advance.

Basically they are ripping of COF circa Dusk ... till Midian big time , with added sprinklings of taiwanese gimmicks.

So your best bet would be to check our Cradle of Filth from "Dusk and Her Embrace" till "Bitter Suites...".

ScratchMyBack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:28 am 

Anthelion is the closest. Aside from that, new stuff from Cthonic!

Supreme Pain of the Tyrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYsu5-TJQ8

Defenders of the Bu-Tik Palace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5z-AOdCAx8

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:25 am 

Oathean from South Korea may be up your alley.

Reply to topic