Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Asmus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:46 pm 

Can someone tell me one thing?

I'm submiting a band, and this band has recorded a demo. I don't have any photo of its physical form(i don't even know if the demo have a physical form or it's digital only). I've searched and i found nothing. I can't found the tape, but i have the link to download and i have its cover.
So, anyway, can i submit this band?

Ps: Please, don't be rude, i'm new here :)

SteveMo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:52 pm 

"i can't found my head from ass"

Last edited by SteveMo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HeWhoIsInTheWater
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:36 pm 

Asmus wrote:

Ps: Please, don't be rude, i'm new here :)

SteveMo wrote:
"i can't found my head from ass"

:brick:
Be nice to the new guys.

Asmus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:00 pm 

So, guys. Can i add this band, or it will be rejected?

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:09 pm 

As far as I know this depends on the amount of material, if it's digital-only then the mods require it to be at least 20-30 minutes or so. If it's of decent length then I'm pretty sure they should accept it if you have the link and cover, but if it's short then I don't know.

Just trying to help based on what I've read and seen in the suggestions and complaints forum (btw, in the future that's probably the best place for questions like this).

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 pm 

Best bet is not to submit.

it sounds way too iffy and lacking much information that you would need to supply when submitting it.

Asmus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:17 pm 

TheLiberation wrote:
As far as I know this depends on the amount of material, if it's digital-only then the mods require it to be at least 20-30 minutes or so. If it's of decent length then I'm pretty sure they should accept it if you have the link and cover, but if it's short then I don't know.

Just trying to help based on what I've read and seen in the suggestions and complaints forum (btw, in the future that's probably the best place for questions like this).

Thank you, man. You really helped me. It's good to see some experienced people helping newbies like me. I will make my best to put some ultra underground bands, cause i like to support the underground scene and this site just have everything, i mean, everyday it's getting hard to find a band that ins't here and it makes me happy to know that i've found at least one or two bands on my own and i have the chance to support these bands. Once again, thank you for your help and understanding :D

Asmus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:25 pm 

TheLiberation wrote:

Yea, bro. I really would like to know how they accept some bands that have no releases. In the beggining, it's hard to find an "acceptable" band, but as a new user, i think it's better get some experience making reviews and visiting the forum. It would be a risk if i try to submit without being sure the band will be accepted and it would be a shame(really lol) if they reject the band, because if i can remember, 2 rejects = ban(or something like this). In the end, i recognize that i have much to learn. Thanks for the advice!

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:44 pm 

2 rejects doesn't equal a ban but be smart about what you submit. Go read the rules on what qualifies, that will give you a better idea. As for this band, physical release isn't needed but it has to be available for people to download on a permanent site (like bandcamp, not a mediafire link). It has to be 30 minutes long and most importantly BE METAL.

Mods don't accept bands without releases, it may look like sone bands don't but at sone point there was some proof.

http://www.metal-archives.com/content/rules

Read that. It will help you in the end if you really want to contribute to the site. And grow a thick skin or don't fuck up. :)

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:33 pm 

Read under "bands and albums" regarding digital releases. http://www.metal-archives.com/content/rules

We do evaluate bands in "borderline" cases, but demos generally aren't considered as digital releases unless they are well produced and of significant length.

Asmus wrote:
Yea, bro. I really would like to know how they accept some bands that have no releases. In the beggining, it's hard to find an "acceptable" band, but as a new user, i think it's better get some experience making reviews and visiting the forum. It would be a risk if i try to submit without being sure the band will be accepted and it would be a shame(really lol) if they reject the band, because if i can remember, 2 rejects = ban(or something like this). In the end, i recognize that i have much to learn. Thanks for the advice!

Bands without releases in discography have a release where the tracklist is unknown - generally found in distros/webshops where have samples and proof that the music is being distributed, just no tracklisting.

Two rejections does not equal a ban. Resubmitting a band when there isn't sufficient proof 2-3 times generally gets the band blacklisted and a user warned if there is not sufficient evidence, but the evidence needed is quite clear so that's generally just belligerence. Thanks for taking the time to ask though, it does help when there's 100+ bands in the queue and I've already spent a fair amount of time on that today.

In case anyone was wondering, this is the detailed message we usually send regarding the required proof of release. Proof of release + samples of the music = good submission. Just don't submit anything that's certainly not metal.

Code:
A band needs a valid release before they can be accepted to the site - a valid release is one that's either:
• Distributed in physical form (CD, CDr, DVD, tape, vinyl, etc)
• Digital and available for <b>full</b> download: must also be a finished/final mix (no garage rehearsals or rough mixes), AND long enough (preferably over 20 minutes)
• Already released. That is, no upcoming releases!

To prove this, you must include one of the following:
• <b>PHYSICAL RELEASES:</b> Include photographic evidence (such as <a href="http://i.imgur.com/v1LdNQM.jpg" target="_blank">this</a> or <a href="http://i.imgur.com/m6pRzJa.jpg" target="_blank">this</a>) and upload them to a site like <a href="http://imgur.com/" target="_blank">Imgur.com</a>. Optionally, if you don't have access to any of the copies, you can include links to sites like BigCartel or a label's page that's selling them, or officially announced them as available for ordering.
• <b>DIGITAL-ONLY RELEASES:</b> Include links to sites like Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon, etc, to where the release can be purchased or downloaded.

Reply to topic