Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:47 pm 

It doesn't work for me...

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:01 pm 

Finally got this fucker done. Not in any particular order. Went back and redid it some, took out some albums I wasn't so sure about, and put in some I completely forgot about.
Spoiler: show

Last edited by ~Guest 294530 on Mon May 20, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:39 pm 

Man, I'm such a bore.

The first half reads like a "metal classics 101 of all subgenres" with artists that everyone has heard of. Of course these albums are famous for a reason and this only proves my superiour taste :-P

At the bottom it gets more personal, with non-metal albums and a few lesser known gems thrown in for variety. Here the situation could look significantly different in a year or so because I'm still frequently discovering awesome stuff, especially since I hang around in these forums. Unfortunately if, like me, you love many different subgenres equally and you have only 100 slots to work with, this is what a top 100 will look like. The interesting stuff, those records that are obscure, personal and would tell you much more about my tastes, mostly rank below place 100 since they can't compete with the classics.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:52 pm 

^What's the album with the drawing of a horse jizzing?

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:59 pm 

Marag wrote:
^What's the album with the drawing of a horse jizzing?

Einstürzende Neubauten - Haus der Lüge

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:09 pm 

Yes. Awesome German industrial, if you are into that kind of stuff.

I should probably mention that I left out classical music completely. There is simply no way I could compare it to modern music. Different worlds entirely.

Last edited by inhumanist on Sun May 19, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrislyles15
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:11 pm 

Here's mine. You can really tell how much I have fallen out of love with extreme metal and gone back to more traditional metal over time. Only my very favorite black and death metal albums survive. And even then, they are the ones with more traditional influence. But of course Type O Negative had two albums in the top ten, because they are my number one favorite band of all time. Still, Marriage Part 2 as an album alone will never be topped in my mind.

lurkist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:30 pm 

I want to do this, but damn that site is buggy. Very first slot refuses to work (shows the "working" animation constantly), uploads refuse to work, got half a dozen albums in and the whole thing disappeared, had to start again... Some pretty big releases not available. Too frustrating, can't be arsed. (Internet Explorer 10 on Win7 Ultimate)

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:33 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
How do you make the covers appear without uploading them all yourself? Do you have to register to this?

Click a box and then use the search bar on the page. Click the image for the album you searched up and it'll appear in the box.

I also finally did mine. Took way longer than I expected, and even with the way it turned out I left some albums out on purpose or felt like it's missing on an account of me not knowing how much I like it. I omitted everything except full-lengths - no soundtracks, compilations, eps, etc. Black Sabbath's debut is one that I purposefully left off even though I know it should be on there.

The top row of my Top 10... Death or Glory, Like an Ever Flowing Stream, Above the Weeping World, Memoria Vetusta I, and Somewhere in Time... are all albums I'd give / have given 100%. No way around it. The second row are 100% / 99%, I haven't made my mind up. They're right on the fence and lean toward 100%.

The "Second-tier classics" are all albums I'd give 96% or higher. No particular order unless you see which I've reviewed and scored, but even then the ones that I haven't reviewed I'd review and rate 96%, 97%, 98%, or 99%.

The "Other favorites" are pretty much anything I have reviewed and rated / I'd review and rate between 92% and 95%. No order in the image given. The last album on there, The Jester Race, is an album that means a lot to me even though I rated it 84%. I just can't not see it being one of my favorite albums for its impact on me.

So there's my music taste in a nutshell. Doesn't feel like the most fulfilling list, but it's more or less a snapshot of what I enjoy. Lots of other genres left out, but if I'd have to give MA a glimpse, then there it is.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Last edited by OzzyApu on Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlaPack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:39 pm 

Seemed like a fun thing to do but, when I sat down to think about it, my lazy side took over. I used THIS WEBSITE to make it for me from my last.fm statistics (last 12 months since I've only been scrobbling most of my non-car listening for about the last year and a half or so).

All in all it did a pretty good job. There are a few non-metal bands I guess I haven't listened to much in the last year. I'll need to pull out some Tom Waits soon and I haven't had a Stones or Zeppelin session in quite a while. If it didn't feel like cheating I would have just deleted all those Gama Bomb and Baroness-Yellow and Green scrobbles off of there. I look pretty boring next to a lot of you guys. No kvlt points here.

ETA: spoiler tags

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:19 pm 

@ chrislyles15: you have twice the Saint Vitus album.

People keep mentioning Fates Warning's Awaken the Guardian. It seems I should try it.
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:19 pm 

Some thoughts about other people's lists:

- Damn, I really should get "The Pernicious Enigma". My first contact with Esoteric was "Paragon Of Dissonance" and when I went on to "The Maniacal Vale" the former pale in comparison, so I can hardly imagine it gets better than this... but I'll willingly let me convince otherwise.

- Seems like I picked up the right Dead Can Dance album with "The Serpent's Egg"... even though I don't appreciate it as much as many of you guys do.

- Interesting to see how "The Harvest Floor" by Cattle Decapitation appears in some lists and not their latest one... I like both very much, but I think "Monolith Of Inhumanity" was again a huge step forward in comparison to its predecessor. Then again, I prefer Vektor's "Black Future" over "Outer Isolation", so I know progress doesn't always mean something.

- There were quite a number of albums in my list that I wouldn't have expected to pop up in anyone else's list, like Rotting Christ's "Sanctus Diavolos", Unexpect's "In A Flesh Aquarium", Waltari's "Death Metal Symphony In Deep C" or Klimt1918's "Dopoguerra", and I certainly wasn't expecting so many people having Skinless' "Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead" in their list, so that's a positive surprise.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:33 pm 

What I was able to get done:

A few albums missing that weren't listed and some thrown in there out of desperation, but pretty acurate.

lurkist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:49 pm 

OK, must've been glitchy, nailed it now. Wow, this was an eye-opener, so much non-metal...
I went with lifetime favourites. If I did it present day it would look a little different. Also I tried to spread my favourites from same bands around a little.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:01 pm 

Watershed? Weird, that's like their worst album with Heritage. Cool to see ELP and Ozric Tentacles though! And if you read the Jeff Hanneman poll, you know I think SitA is half filler :) Your second tier favs are pretty much amazing, good to see Slint, Camel and Gentle Giant, these are gonna be present in my non metal top 100. What's the album besides Moonmadness by the way?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:11 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Watershed? Weird, that's like their worst album with Heritage. Cool to see ELP and Ozric Tentacles though! And if you read the Jeff Hanneman poll, you know I think SitA is half filler :) Your second tier favs are pretty much amazing, good to see Slint, Camel and Gentle Giant, these are gonna be present in my non metal top 100. What's the album besides Moonmadness by the way?

It's Ministry - Psalm 69.

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:14 pm 

Well here's mine. I kept it exclusively metal for the most part, but there were a couple that slipped through the cracks. :)

EDIT:
The only group where the albums are in order of "most to least liked" is the Top 10. The albums in the Second Tier and Other Favorites groups aren't in any specific order.

Last edited by Ecliptik on Sun May 19, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurkist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:15 pm 

Metantoine wrote:

Yep, Watershed, best by far!
ELP pretty much got me into music, period.
SitA half-filler?! Are you high?!! OK, Hallowed Point is a slight dip to kick off side 2 with, but the rest is pure gold.
Spiderland played almost continuously during the best party I ever went to.
Next to Moon Madness is Ministry's Psalm 69.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:16 pm 

Here's mine, barely in any particular order within the three groups.

I've been noticing a few recurring albums which I'd imagine I'll manage to perpetuate a bit. Throughout the process I tried to limit myself to only one album per band, although I've broken this rule with Bathory and Black Sabbath, bands which both have very pronounced "twin peaks" in my liking of them which I couldn't only pick one of.

The top-ten:

Bathory - Nordland I: This album was my introduction to Bathory, and is still my favourite of the Viking-era releases. The atmosphere is just so epic and vast, but also rugged and imperfect; it's much more sincere and solid than a lot of the other "folk" and Viking style records out there. To this day, I listen to the album and feel shivers from how glorious and packed with beauty it is.

Solstice - New Dark Age: I love this epic-doom album for similar reasons; it sounds so very victorious and beautiful. It's one of those albums with about half a dozen tracks with the immensity which few bands manage to put into more than one track per album. Some, indeed many, of my all-time favourite melodies and vocal lines are on this record.

Type O Negative - October Rust: Type O Negative were one of those bands who went from "listened to a few songs" to "listened to their discography" within months. While I love a lot of their records, October Rust really manages to blend the depressive and exuberant aspects of their music well; it's not quite the bleak wasteland of World Coming Down, but it has such a melancholy, but sometimes affirmative beauty. It's one of my go-to "rainy-walk-home" albums.

Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich: Vader are explosive, and this record is a great example of them doing it very, very well indeed; every track is packed with energy and power, and there's no weak link in the chain. Songs like Decapitated Saints and Black Velvet and Skulls really combine the ferocity and incredibly hefty guitar tone which the band conjure extremely well.

WASP - The Crimson Idol: This is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the best concept albums ever made. The story is immersing, beautiful and tragic, and the music accompanies it perfectly; likewise, both music and storyline reveal themselves a little more to the listener with each successive listen.

Rotting Christ - Kata Ton Diamonia Eeytoy: The newest album on the list, but from the very first listen, the new Rotting Christ album really did it for me. The atmosphere is top-notch and truly both beautiful and powerful. I loved Aealo, but this seemed to really equal it then go that little bit further.

Anaal Nathrakh - Hell is Empty and All the Devils Are Here: I've enjoyed every album that Anaal Nathrakh have done, but this one really captures all of the elements which the band bring to the table, especially the blinding misanthropic wrath, and truly apocalyptic levels of intensity. Songs like Virus Bomb and Lama Sabachtani are just mindblowing.

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal This is hands down my favourite Bolt Thrower album. There isn't any filler - not that anyone would expect any, and every song is a crushing, memorable and thoroughly worthy track for the album at the end of the band's body of work. Ultimately, it's Bolt Thrower doing a fantastic job of being Bolt Thrower.

Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God: This is an album which I stumbled upon by accident and instantly loved; the atmosphere on tracks like "Our Blessed Frozen Cells" is exceptional, and very unique. It feels very spiritual, dark and almost transcendent, and when I discovered it, it was exactly what I was looking for.

Darkthrone - Panzerfaust: Aside from Quintessence being so damn good, the rest of the record feels great too; I certainly enjoy it more than Transilvanian Hunger, which seems to be unusual. It does what I like black-metal to do, basically; it varies the tempo plentifully, and generally exudes wrath and cold.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:47 pm 

lurkist wrote:
Metantoine wrote:

Yep, Watershed, best by far!
ELP pretty much got me into music, period.
SitA half-filler?! Are you high?!! OK, Hallowed Point is a slight dip to kick off side 2 with, but the rest is pure gold.
Spiderland played almost continuously during the best party I ever went to.
Next to Moon Madness is Ministry's Psalm 69.

Ah k, never got into Ministry. Nah, I really think SitA has plenty of fillers but when it's good, it's pretty damn good. (I wish I was high, would be cool)

Am I the only surprised to see Panzerfaust in many top 100 and even top 10s? I mean, it's not a bad album but it's very far from being their best.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm 

Yeah, defnitely not enough UaFM and ABitNS. Both albums easily destroy Panzerfaust.

Last edited by inhumanist on Sun May 19, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:00 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Stephane you are not as feelsy.as you should be. Go feel some more.

Now now, just because The River isn't there...

Looking through a lot of these now. Lots of Solstice love. :thumbsup: good stuff
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:20 pm 

lurkist wrote:
Wow, this was an eye-opener, so much non-metal... I went with lifetime favourites....
Also I tried to spread my favourites from same bands around a little.

Hehe, was the same for me. When looking at my list I think (haven't counted) nearly half of it
is non-metal. Was no real surprise to me but it's somehow cool to see it "pictured" :)

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:51 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Watershed? Weird, that's like their worst album with Heritage.

Nope, it's not as consistently bloody amazing as Ghost Reveries, but it's still a damn great album, and it really didn't feel like a harbinger of what was about to come next. Most of the songs are very solid, Hessian Peel is amazing, and Porcelain Heart is without doubt in my personal top 3 of Opeth songs. (COME AT ME HATERS)

This reminds me I need to do a review of Heritage some day, and it will be by far the biggest challenge ever, as I seriously have no damn clue what I think about it or how to rate it.

[Sorry for off-topic, but, you know, Opeth is serious business]

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:11 pm 

FlaPack wrote:
Seemed like a fun thing to do but, when I sat down to think about it, my lazy side took over. I used THIS WEBSITE to make it for me from my last.fm statistics (last 12 months since I've only been scrobbling most of my non-car listening for about the last year and a half or so).

This is pretty cool. Here's my top 50 of the last year:

The only one that's out of place is Drowning the Light's "Oceans of Eternity", I listen to a few of their EPs and splits a lot more than that, but I guess that one has been scrobbled the most. Excludes music while driving, but pretty much all of that is on there anyway.

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm 

At first, I made it trying to not include the same band twice, but then I gave up. I know what I like, so expect a little repetition here. Only included one album from, say, The House of Atreus to keep repetition to a minimum. Anyways, it's not like I throw full discographies there.

Only a few non-metal albums, three or four I think. Lots of power & black. Not surprising at all (and yeah, a Hatebreed album).

Everybody knows about the albums included, so I will not talk about them (the reviews here do a far better work than I could). What I could say, is that these albums are the soundtrack of my life, basically. They are not only masterpieces. I have emotional bonds with these albums, and at the risk of sounding a bit pretentious, they represent sides of my personality and how I felt at some point in my life. I felt miserable (The Crimson Idol) and I felt like I was at the top of the fucking world (Invictus), for instance. These albums are important to me, it may sound a bit cheesy, but it is what it is, and I'm in a forum of passionate individuals, I know you guys can understand (and maybe relate) to what I'm trying to say.

Well, that sounded a bit gay. To what matters, my list:

That was fun!

Last edited by Desperta_Ferro on Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrislyles15
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:09 pm 

false_icon wrote:
@ chrislyles15: you have twice the Saint Vitus album.

People keep mentioning Fates Warning's Awaken the Guardian. It seems I should try it.

Crap. As many times as I looked over it, I'm surprised I didn't notice. That was supposed to be their debut anyhow.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:43 am 

I took great pride in drawing up this. Like many other people, this took quite a bit of time to put together. I decided to forgo the "other classics" list which was too time consuming and arbitrary really. The top tier is more or less pretty exhaustive and definitive. Thankfully, no Rush, Metallica, Megadeth or Cannibal Corpse can be found on my collage of classics!

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:25 am 

Metal only, one band per tier maximum (Maiden, Priest, Coroner, and Fates Warning all have three albums each). The top 10 sort of radiate outwards from the middle, but of course, I am endeared to all of them. The next two tiers I tried to group roughly on genre and/or era rather than try arranging them in any particular order of greatness, although I also tried to put special favorites towards the center again. Not very much extreme metal, with traditional/power and thrash the most represented, especially progressive variants of them.

For non-metal albums...

Same limits apply, but this time I spread them all over the place with no intended emphasis on favorites or style, aside from Promised Land and Dirt in the center of the top 10. Alternative rock of the grunge era, 70's soul and funk, and progressive rock dominate as expected but overall it came out pleasantly more diverse than I anticipated.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 am 

Heys guys, when you make your top 100, there's a button that says "include captions" or whatever. Hit that so we have a list of the album names appearing on the right.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:33 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Heys guys, when you make your top 100, there's a button that says "include captions" or whatever. Hit that so we have a list of the album names appearing on the right.

Seconded!

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:10 pm 

My top 25, just off the top of my head. I tried to do a bit of everything, old and new, various subgenres, etc.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm 

Was the second tier specifically for classics? Whoops... :durr:

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:02 pm 

HamburgerBoy wrote:

Metal only, one band per tier maximum (Maiden, Priest, Coroner, and Fates Warning all have three albums each). The top 10 sort of radiate outwards from the middle, but of course, I am endeared to all of them. The next two tiers I tried to group roughly on genre and/or era rather than try arranging them in any particular order of greatness, although I also tried to put special favorites towards the center again. Not very much extreme metal, with traditional/power and thrash the most represented, especially progressive variants of them.

Damn, you have some nice taste dude. We have many albums in common. I saw Secrecy in your list, which finally prompted me to listen to Art in Motion. It's simply awesome, and I can't believe I haven't heard it before. Also, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that someone else has Hypnosis of Birds in their list.

P.S.: cool to see some Talk Talk appreciation :beer:

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:03 pm 

Metal_Detector wrote:
Damn, you have some nice taste dude. We have many albums in common. I saw Secrecy in your list, which finally prompted me to listen to Art in Motion. It's simply awesome, and I can't believe I haven't heard it before. Also, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that someone else has Hypnosis of Birds in their list.

P.S.: cool to see some Talk Talk appreciation :beer:

Thanks! I noticed that you list seemed to share the most with mine as well. That Secrecy album is a big favorite of mine, top 20 material at least, I'm always how they can take so many technical thrashy riffs and generally faster songs, but mix it with a soft singer and production and have the two complement each other so well. Very unique band to me.

I'll have to listen to Act of God; I've heard All Hail to Thee a few times and enjoy it, but beyond that I went straight to Cyclone Temple who were never so much my thing. What's the cassette album/demo in the bottom left? I think I recognize it but can't remember; the color scheme made me think of Ala Drama's Extended Play but it's definitely not that. I've been meaning to check out that Concrete Blonde album as well, especially since I've seen it at a Salvation Army nearby, but never got around to it. Definitely will now.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:07 pm 

It's Prodigy - As Darkness Reigns, an awesome slab of prog USPM. DeathRiderDoom wrote an outstanding review of it. Act of God is just such an relistenable album for me; hope you enjoy it! :)

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 pm 

Ah, I remember going into the trad/power help thread one day and all of the sudden everyone was discussing whether to call them Prodigy or to stick with Oracle. I'm used to Oracle with the chessboard cover art; despite the rearranged tracklisting it's still the same recording between the two, right?

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 pm 

There, I edited with captions included, didn't notice them, haha

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 pm 

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Ah, I remember going into the trad/power help thread one day and all of the sudden everyone was discussing whether to call them Prodigy or to stick with Oracle. I'm used to Oracle with the chessboard cover art; despite the rearranged tracklisting it's still the same recording between the two, right?

Yep, the very same. I just prefer to use the original art. I see that that was also on Empy's list and he used the Oracle art. Now that's an album I wouldn't mind owning a physical copy of...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:12 am 

Behold my non metal collage!

Oh shit, Purple Rain is there twice, I could add a Van Der Graaf Generator or another Rush album lol. I decided on Kingston Wall finally.
EDIT: a link to an updated version: top100.topsters.net?id=4c06c16675f419796468d8b949b14c05
Top 10
2112: A no brainer, that's one of my favorite albums of all time and one of the 4 Rush albums on there. The title track is probably my favorite track ever! WE ARE THE PRIESTS OF THE TEMPLE OF TONY!

The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute: I'm a big fan of TMV (yeah, they're pretty hated here :( ) and I discovered them with this album. This is a magical album for me, L'Via L'Viaquez is such a magical song. It was pretty important for the development of my musical taste, be it prog and heavy music. I'm still sad they broke up but I'm not a fan of their last 2 albums, I can't wait to hear the new projects of the guys.

Arcade Fire - Funeral Yeah, pretty popular album. I've always been a huge indie fan and these guys from Montréal are everything I like about the genre, they really deserved the praise and the success. My love for this band culminiated when I saw them for free along with 100,000 people, one of my best shows ever. Karkwa (also featured in my top) was the opener, they're a pretty good alt rock band inspired by Radiohead.

QOTSA - Rated R: They're one of my favorite rock bands and this is their best albums. A really diverse output with groovy fast songs and cool slow stuff. Josh Homme is da man.

The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin: A alternative classic and for good reasons. The atmosphere is truly unique, sad and joyous at the same time, there's some awesome gems on this album like The Spark that Bled or Sleeping On the Roof. TFL are one of the weirdest and very original bands of their generation, they're an alien in the American scene and it's perfectly fine.

16 Horsepower - Secret South: A recent favorite of mine, I always liked country and the mix of dark americana, rock, folk, neo folk and alternative was a perfect combination for me. Folklore is also a great album and I forgot to add 1 or 2 Wovenhand, David Eugene Edwards's most recent project.

Harmonium - L'heptade: The best album ever made in Québec, a true work of genius and a progressive rock masterpiece. A double album full of sorrow, poetry and amazing melodies. If you're a fan of prog music, you need to check Harmonium.

Genesis - Selling England by the Pound: Genesis' best album, Firth of Fifth has the best guitar solo ever. A true prog classic for the ages.

Muse - Origin of Symmetry: One of my teenage years darlings, that's their proggier and best album, I still got shivers when I'm listening to New Born or Micro Cuts.

Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary: One of the finest indie rock to be ever released, real class and amazing, diverse songwriting.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next