Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Turtle_Factory
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 pm 

Since I'm officially moving to Maine this September, would like to know if there are any metal shops around. Mostly around the Orono or Bangor area, although information of the entire state would be great!!! Thanks in advance

jdsausville
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:21 pm 

Rock Fantasy in Middletown NY. Been around over 20 years!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-Fan ... 68?fref=ts

http://www.rockfantasy.com/wp/

evil528e
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:21 am 

Wrath_Of_War wrote:
evil528e wrote:
Skinnies Records
Norfolk, VA

http://www.skinniesrecords.com

He even ships too.

I typically go here a couple times a month. Steve is awesome and will talk to you for hours. His prices are kinda high, and his selection isn't the best at times, but I always leave there with something good. He even offered to give my band's stickers out for free. I haven't been there in weeks...go there and grab a free sticker of my band. :lol:

Good meeting you at the show with Absu! I was Matt (darkthrone shirt). That's where I have heard about you guys!
http://www.facebook.com/stikrz <----because it's free!

Sorrowlord666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 am 

Coppola,in Valletta,Malta,although sometimes it tends to sell crappy music.

Prairieshadow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:12 pm 

If you live in the Twin Cities area, I would recommend checking out Into the Void records. It's a new shop, but they've got some cool stuff and are definitely worth checking out. Definitely has a lot of potential in my opinion if it can manage to stick around.

ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:01 pm 

Anything in Egypt or is this rotten country is the most rotten?

wEEman33
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 pm 

For those living in or visiting Nashville, Tennessee, here are the two best stores in the area:

The Great Escape
5400 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN

McKay Used Books
636 Old Hickory Blvd, Nashville, TN

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:05 am 

Gonna try again I guess. Northeastern NJ, preferably somewhere around Passaic county?

MrMetalinasuit1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:33 pm 

Anywhere in Belfast?

Crystal_Logic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:24 am 

Yes, but not much. There is Dragon Records (which has a limited CD selection but good thrash and hardcore LPs) and then Head Records, which sells everything but has a good metal selection. Vinyl is VERY expensive though. You can find these on Google Maps.

Anywhere in Amsterdam?

UKMetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:13 pm 

Anywhere in the East of England getting fed up of buying albums and t-shirts on the internet.

Panflute
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:50 pm 

Any stores in Barcelona? A search for "tienda de métal" only leads me to furniture stores...

Crystal_Logic wrote:
Anywhere in Amsterdam?

For as far as I know, all of them are gone. There used to be Boudisque, a store dedicated entirely to metal and cheesy horror films right in the centre of town, but it closed down some 4-5 years ago. Even FAME, an otherwise megalomanic music/film store, had a pretty good metal section, but the store moved and the metal section was dropped since.

I could be wrong as I haven't actively looked for metal stores there in a long while, but let me just say that I've yet to come across one in 6 years of walking around there.

Orkblut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:26 am 

What places would be worth checking out in Slovenia, Czech, Netherlands & Belgium??

Heading there in late July/August

f_1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:31 am 

I'm looking for a store that sells bestial stuff's in Washington particularly in Puyallup or within Washington!. It would be very nice if any of you know about a store there that specializes bestial stuff's. Its better if they have a website.

REFERENCES : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60999&p=1448524#p1448524

DO NOT DEAL WITH : PRIOU DIDIER from FRANCE a.k.a infernal666 (RIP-OFF)

NuclearCreation91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:54 pm 

I'm going to Las Vegas in late June. Besides the partying and debauchery, I'd like to know what shops are worth hitting up for records/cds. I'm not necessarily looking for shops that are well versed in just metal (doesn't mean I'm not open to suggestions for really good metal shops), but all genres. I might be going to Death Valley as well, so if there's anything worth checking out in that area or on the way there, that'd be appreciated!

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:17 am 

Orkblut wrote:
What places would be worth checking out in Slovenia, Czech, Netherlands & Belgium??

Where will you be staying when you go? If your decision is dependent on the metal scene/stores be sure to check this forum: http://www.dmbeforum.be/forum/index.php (search for stores, concerts venues etc.) Antwerp probably has the biggest scene in Belgium. I can help you out with Brussels as I've lived there.

If your question was really general I could help you with WWII era towns and museums across the country if you're up for road trips and are into that sort of thing. Belgium is full of them and they are truly wonderful.

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:14 pm 

Orkblut wrote:
What places would be worth checking out in Slovenia??

You will have troble finding anything noteworthy in Slovenia, but there are two stores in capital (Ljubljana) you might want to check out:

http://www.spinvinyl.si/

Second hand shop right in the centre of Ljubljana, on the bank of Ljubljanica river. If lucky, you might find a rare goodie or two (especially look into vinyl section).

http://www.masterofmetal.net/index.php

Shop dedicated to metal only. Located within small shoping mall called "Ledina center", a 10-minute walk from town centre. No LPs though and their CD section is either unspectacular, pricey or outdated. Then again, if you're interested in clothes or other "metal" equipment, you might find something to fit your needs.

Hope that helps.

HeWhoIsInTheWater
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:51 pm 

I'm going to New York City tomorrow. I'm looking for some really underground record shops to visit. Looking mostly for used vinyl and CDs [metal, of course].

Marlon955
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 am 

Puerto Rico
Ponce, Puerto Rico or San Juan, Puerto Rico

Frenzied Metalhead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:48 am 

I'm looking for a metal store in my home town Loughborough, which is in Leicestershire, United Kingdom. If you can't find one there, try looking for one in Leicester as an alternative. You should also point people towards metal-bars too, I know there's one in town but I can't find it.

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:38 am 

Hello evil blooded demons,can you HELP me out here?I need some infos.(Address,Websites,Contact)if there is an underground metal shops or a music store selling any kind of metal related stuffs(Vinyls,Cd's,Tapes,Tshirts,Patches,etc.,...)in Chelsea,London. If there's anyone living in the same place(LONDON) or any persons that have information that could help us here,Would be a big HELP..THANKS

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:12 am 

terrorisk wrote:
Hello evil blooded demons,can you HELP me out here?I need some infos.(Address,Websites,Contact)if there is an underground metal shops or a music store selling any kind of metal related stuffs(Vinyls,Cd's,Tapes,Tshirts,Patches,etc.,...)in Chelsea,London. If there's anyone living in the same place(LONDON) or any persons that have information that could help us here,Would be a big HELP..THANKS

ANY HELP PLEASE BROTHERS

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:15 am 

Any good metal shops in Brussel, Belguim?

Morbid89
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:38 am 

I don't know much about Chelsea (it's quite a posh area so I can't imagine it has many dedicated metal shops though I could be wrong, worth a look anyway) but if you're in London it might be worth checking out Camden, there are a lot of record shops there selling metal music (including at least one that deals with purely extreme metal), as well as a lot of different shops and market stalls selling metal merchandise like shirts, patches, hoodies etc. Been a while since I've been there so I'm afraid I can't help you with names/addresses and the like, but they shouldn't be too hard to find if you get the tube to Camden Town station and have a wander along down through the market. There's also a venue there called the Underworld which hosts metal gigs including a lot of extreme metal bands, have fond memories of seeing bands like Immolation and Suffocation there. Hope this helped!

You know, every time I think I've heard the dumbest thing, someone comes along to correct that assumption.

uzilover
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:58 am 

I'm pretty sure that the store which dealt exclusively in extreme metal has closed recently. I might be wrong on that though. There are still quite a few record shops in Camden.

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:08 pm 

Morbid89 wrote:
I don't know much about Chelsea (it's quite a posh area so I can't imagine it has many dedicated metal shops though I could be wrong, worth a look anyway) but if you're in London it might be worth checking out Camden, there are a lot of record shops there selling metal music (including at least one that deals with purely extreme metal), as well as a lot of different shops and market stalls selling metal merchandise like shirts, patches, hoodies etc. Been a while since I've been there so I'm afraid I can't help you with names/addresses and the like, but they shouldn't be too hard to find if you get the tube to Camden Town station and have a wander along down through the market. There's also a venue there called the Underworld which hosts metal gigs including a lot of extreme metal bands, have fond memories of seeing bands like Immolation and Suffocation there. Hope this helped!

Thanks for the info.im xure i could help us here.Thanks :-D
Hail Morbid69

Frenzied Metalhead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:02 pm 

Does anyone here know if there's a metal store in Loughborough, or in the surrounding towns and villages?
I'm a lionheart"

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:41 am 

uzilover wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the store which dealt exclusively in extreme metal has closed recently. I might be wrong on that though. There are still quite a few record shops in Camden.

BAD NEWS. :ugh:

FromMarsToSirius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:51 pm 

deleted

Last edited by FromMarsToSirius on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_HESHER_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:40 pm 

yeah...any good metal shops in Oakland, CA?

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:48 pm 

NuclearCreation91 wrote:
I'm going to Las Vegas in late June. Besides the partying and debauchery, I'd like to know what shops are worth hitting up for records/cds. I'm not necessarily looking for shops that are well versed in just metal (doesn't mean I'm not open to suggestions for really good metal shops), but all genres. I might be going to Death Valley as well, so if there's anything worth checking out in that area or on the way there, that'd be appreciated!

Not sure if I'm too late...
But if I'm not, the best thing we've got here are a couple Zia records. Eastern and Flamingo and one near Sahara and Decatur. They've got a pretty decent selection.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 pm 

_HESHER_ wrote:
yeah...any good metal shops in Oakland, CA?

Nothing I know of in Oakland but both Berkeley and SF have Amoeba's and Rasputin's you should check out. Amoeba in particular has a stellar selection of used cds. If you dig black metal check out Aquarius in the Mission in SF. There's a few people who run distros in Oakland that set up at shows at the Metro or Eli's sometimes also

NuclearCreation91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:14 pm 

Ecliptik wrote:
Not sure if I'm too late...
But if I'm not, the best thing we've got here are a couple Zia records. Eastern and Flamingo and one near Sahara and Decatur. They've got a pretty decent selection.

Nope! I actually leave in a week and a half's time. Thanks a lot man, it's appreciated!

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 pm 

Anyone know of any metal shops in the Dallas/FT. Worth area? Mainly looking for CD's/Vinyl.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

bloodmyst
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:47 pm 

Houston metalheads, here is your mini-guide to shopping metal in Space City.

These are the most relevant shops Not all of these stores are equal in metalness, so read the following carefully.:

• Vinal Edge (The Heights)
    239 W. 19th Street
    Houston, Texas 77008
    Monday-Saturday 10 am-7 pm, Sunday 12 pm-6pm
    (281) 537-2575
    vinaledge.com
  • Sound Exchange (Montrose)
    1846 Richmond Avenue
    Houston, Texas 77098
    Monday-Sunday 11 am-7 pm
    (713) 666-5555
    soundexchangehouston.com
  • Wired Up (East End)
    1318 Telephone Road
    Houston, Texas 77023
    Tuesday-Saturday 12 pm-8 pm, Sunday 12 pm-6 pm
    Wired Up (Facebook)
  • Soundwaves (Montrose)
    3509 Montrose Boulevard
    Houston, Texas 77006
    Monday-Saturday 10 am-9 pm, Sunday 12 pm-6 pm
    (713) 520-9283
    soundwaves.com
  • Sound Revolution #1 (North Houston)
    1312 Farm to Market 1960 Road West
    Houston, Texas 77090
    Monday-Friday 9 am-9pm, Saturday 10 am-9 pm, Sunday 11 am-7 pm
    (281) 444-5454
    soundrevolutionsmokeskate.com
  • Sound Revolution #2 (Willowbrook/Tomball area)
    21153 Tomball Parkway
    Houston, Texas 77070
    Monday-Friday 9 am-9pm, Saturday 10 am-9 pm, Sunday 11 am-7 pm
    (832) 534-8066
    soundrevolutionsmokeskate.com
  • Cactus Music (Upper Kirby)
    2110 Portsmouth Street
    Houston, Texas 77098
    Monday-Saturday 10 am-9 pm, Sunday 12 pm-7 pm
    (713) 526-9272
    cactusmusictx.com
  • Deep End Records (North Downtown)
    1120 Naylor Street
    Houston, Texas 77002
    Thursday-Sunday 12 pm - 8 pm
    (832) 429-6420
    deependhtx.com

Vinal Edge is highly recommended, and has many used and new metal vinyls as well as CDs. They also have a few band shirts and pin buttons as well as quality used stereo equipment. The employees here are knowledgeable about metal, and you'll find the right flyers for local metal shows here. I don't have many complaints about this place.

Sound Exchange is also highly recommended, but is in a more limited space as it is located inside a repurposed house. They have many new (not used) metal CDs and a small amount of used and new metal vinyls (although this has been quickly changing recently). The store also carries a small selection of band shirts, pin buttons, and patches (including back patches). Local metal show flyers are in the doorway.

Wired Up is a newer store that opened in 2015, and may just be the best record store for metal vinyl records in Houston. You'll also find some pins and patches here. The owners are deep in their metal knowledge, and the metal here is pretty much curated. Expect awesome imports and stuff you'd usually only see online. Local metal show flyers available. Bonus if you're a horror movie fan, as they sell some cool B films in addition to books, and some clothes.

Soundwaves is much more for mainstream metal releases such as those signed to Nuclear Blast, Earache, Relapse, etc. There is a pretty large selection of new (not used) CDs, some vinyl records, and a few mainstream metal DVD performances/documentaries. You're not going to find any other merch here, and not a lot of info about local metal shows.

Sound Revolution is similar to Soundwaves in terms of their metal selection in my opinion. You're not going to find deep cuts here, but it is definitely worth checking out. There are multiple locations, and they are pretty much the best choice for someone stuck in the northern parts of Houston.

Cactus Music is a mixed bag. This is the local independent record store that all the local alternative media thinks is awesome for some reason. You'll find a few metal releases here amidst the tons of indie/alternative rock and pop music in the used/new CD section. There is no dedicated metal section here. The vinyl section is much the same, except you will find almost zero used metal vinyls outside of the random Black Sabbath and Judas Priest megafamous albums. There are sometimes a few metal shirts around from mainstream bands like Metallica, but it's not really much at all. The employees here seem to be hipster/indie pansies.

Deep End Records has a few metal albums, but are in definite need of growing that part of their store instead of concentrating on the regular classic rock fare. Check this place out for completion's sake.

Last edited by bloodmyst on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dmorpheus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:09 pm 

Anything good in Eugene, Oregon? i'm heading there for college in the fall. I'd also be interested in anything in Portland while I'm still here (i know and love 2nd ave but i'm looking for something more extreme metal-oriented)

f_1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:03 pm 

Does anyone knows a metalshop in Queensland, Australia?

REFERENCES : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60999&p=1448524#p1448524

DO NOT DEAL WITH : PRIOU DIDIER from FRANCE a.k.a infernal666 (RIP-OFF)

Grkgodx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:38 pm 

Any Shops in Chicago? Metal Haven has closed down, and the store i currently go to ( Disc Replay in Crest Hill) sells used and i'm pretty much cleaning them out :D

KolmeNoitaa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:15 pm 

I apologise if it's already been asked, but any shops around Erie, PA?

AreYouGammaRay
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:51 pm 

Grkgodx wrote:
Any Shops in Chicago? Metal Haven has closed down, and the store i currently go to ( Disc Replay in Crest Hill) sells used and i'm pretty much cleaning them out :D

There's not really any metal shops in Chicago, but the 3 Reckless Records(not so much the loop location) and The Exchange have a decent metal selection

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 35  Next