Dark Throne
Dark Funeral
Marduk

I play in band Cvinger , black metal

NOT jet confirmed on metal archives
I think because one demo/single is not enough

Go check it out: www.myspace.com/cvinger

But we are recording Ep and it will be done in about month or two

Ou jea and we are from Slovenia and we are moving to Australia in September / Melburne

So if there is anyone from there who could help us out with some gigs are something some useful information, please write

Metal up your Ass
Mrtvovina

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 pm 

Hello Mrtvovina. I like your band :nods:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:01 am 

Dude, yeah, "Abyss of Horns" was dope as fuck.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:59 pm 

Hey, I'm Celtic Frosted Flakes (I had a CF album near me when i made the account).
I like basically all scandinavian metal and some american, british, and even some music from other countries such as the netherlands, south africa, poland etc. I hate the majority of "-core" bands except some crossover and early hardcore.
Favorite bands right now are Amon Amarth, Bal-Sagoth, Darkthrone and Marduk. But if i would make a real list it would be too long so i'll just take these for now.
If there's anyone else from Sweden, Norway or Denmark on here (maybe even some finns who speak swedish) i'd love to exchange messages, since i love learning other scandinavian languages.
Hail metal!

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm 

Celtic, your username is pure genius.

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:17 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Celtic, your username is pure genius.

Well you can thank S.O.D, it's a track from their album Bigger Than The Devil. :)

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:31 pm 

Ah yeah..... Never gave BTTD any attention. Speak English or Die is cool though. Anyway, welcome to the board!

Mrtvovina
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:13 am 

hail Celtic Frosted

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:20 am 

I'm the Manic Maniac. I'm everything the AntiChrist wishes to be times infinity!

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:14 pm 

Celtic Frosted Flakes wrote:
Hey, I'm Celtic Frosted Flakes (I had a CF album near me when i made the account).
I like basically all scandinavian metal and some american, british, and even some music from other countries such as the netherlands, south africa, poland etc. I hate the majority of "-core" bands except some crossover and early hardcore.
Favorite bands right now are Amon Amarth, Bal-Sagoth, Darkthrone and Marduk. But if i would make a real list it would be too long so i'll just take these for now.
If there's anyone else from Sweden, Norway or Denmark on here (maybe even some finns who speak swedish) i'd love to exchange messages, since i love learning other scandinavian languages.
Hail metal!

I thought I'd throw you a "welcome aboard!" too, since you mentioned Denmark, haha. Darkthrone's one of my favorite bands too, and I've recently gotten into Bal-Sagoth, they're quite a special band! Do you happen to have a last.fm by any chance?
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

msalyers
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:25 pm 

hi...i'm mike. i'm the original drummer for st pete florida's "the mortuary society". we formed in 1990 and reunited in 2010. look forward to chatting with you all.
mike

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:33 am 

Z0MBIE wrote:
Celtic Frosted Flakes wrote:
Hail metal!

I thought I'd throw you a "welcome aboard!" too, since you mentioned Denmark, haha. Darkthrone's one of my favorite bands too, and I've recently gotten into Bal-Sagoth, they're quite a special band! Do you happen to have a last.fm by any chance?

Yes I do, I thought I didn't but it seems I've had one connected to my spotify account for some time. I'm gonna make a new one though, since this one is filled with stuff my little brother has been listening to on my spotify.

EDIT: there, you can add me if you want to: my username is joenil96.

HeavyMetalGamer666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:52 am 

Been here under different names, but either I forgot the password, or just haven't been active. Really enjoy this site.

Some of my favorite bands are Judas Priest, Immortal, Death, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Morbid Angel, Helloween, Ghost, and more.

HoosierHessian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 pm 

I'm HoosierHessian. Writer and heavy metal fanatic from Indiana's southern edge. Some of my favorite bands: Necrophobic, Gorguts, Immortal, Averse Sefira, Rhapsody, Morbid Angel. Cheers!

Pidgeon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:15 am 

Hi, I'm pidgeon. I love doom, death, black, blackened death, deathened black, doomened death, and blackened doom...

corcerex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:13 am 

Hey, lads.

Though I've been on MA for a while now, I'm new to the forums. This place is great, and I love reading the other threads. Umm, I'm 15 and I live in India (Hope you guys keep reading because most people on Omegle disconnect their convos with me when I disclose I'm Indian). I mostly listen to thrash, death metal and black metal. Going by my last.fm profile, I listen to Slayer the most. I love football, and I support Manchester United (It's fucking football, not soccer). Ok, guess that's it.

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:40 pm 

This might be a bit late (as I have posted 17 times already), but I'll introduce myself. I am Cthulhu_Fhtagn, and have been lurking this website for the past 4ish years. I finally decided to join so I could promote unknown bands and review albums. I love metal, and was first introduced to it by Sabaton's song Panzer Battalion. I love Power Metal, Thrash Metal (Crossover, Normal, Technical/Progressive), Death Metal (Melodic,Technical/Progressive), Heavy Metal, Folk Metal, Progressive Metal, and am currently exploring Stoner Metal and Grindcore. I am a fan of Warhammer 40k, Star Wars, Star Trek, and H.P. Lovecraft.

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:23 am 

Hey. I post on many metal related boards, so some of you know me from there, but for those of you who don't...

I'm 27, and mainly like death metal, thrash metal, and traditional metal. Bands I like include Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator, Dark Angel, Sepultura, Testament, Exodus, Heathen, Demolition Hammer, Iron Maiden, Devastation, Judas Priest, Queensrÿche, Overkill, Fates Warning, Savatage, Death, Monstrosity, Dio, Black Sabbath, Gorguts, Decrepit Birth, Accept, Suffocation, Unbidden, Obsession, Disciples of Power, Manilla Road, Pestilence, Chastain, Torture Squad, Sacrifice, Metal Church, Metallica, Anthrax, Atheist, Helstar, Atrocity, and many others.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:21 pm 

msalyers wrote:
hi...i'm mike. i'm the original drummer for st pete florida's "the mortuary society". we formed in 1990 and reunited in 2010. look forward to chatting with you all.
mike

Yo man, this was awesome. That production is fucking awesome.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

DreadfulYgg
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:34 pm 

Hi there... After years of lurking the archives, I'm finally bored enough to browse the forums (to my benefit; I do love chatting about music). Also, I've been really stoked on a few bands lately that I'd like to share with folks in certain recommendation threads.

As for formalities, I'm DreadfulYgg. I'm 25 years old and recently moved to the Southeastern US from New England. I listen to more black metal than anything.... Walknut, Lurker of Chalice, Orcustus, Ondskapt, Thorns, Inquisition, Hate Forest, Teitanblood, Wrathprayer (bm/dm, whatever!). I've been spinning a lot of death metal lately as well... Miasmal, Coffins, Necros Christos, Disma. I'm into other genres too, of course, but these are my staples. I'm also a big fan of punctuation, it seems.

That's that, I suppose. See y'all around.

ChaosGoatKills
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:10 pm 

I don't think I've formally introduced myself here, and I plan to make regular use of this forum, and venture beyond my once a month posts in the recommendation section.

I am from Los Osos, California and am an active musician in the local black metal scene. My current focus is my solo project with a working title of Raven Shaman(subject to change) playing with the pseudonym Deathweaver. I try to attend every show that happens here and will occasionally venture outside of the area to catch my favorite bands on tour. My most recent show was Wintersun/Eluveitie and before that was Slayer/Anthrax/Motorhead(the rest of Mayhem fest kind of sucked). My favorite band is Burzum. Other favorites of mine are Wintersun, Graveland, Slayer, Vader, Dissection and Morbid Angel. My only real pet peaves are people who only listen to Pantera, the big four of thrash and Lamb of God and call themselves "big metal heads". The only thing worse than this is people who used to be "big metal heads" in highschool. I don't really interact with -core kids and fans of numu, so they don't really bother me. That's sort of a general attitude I have. If I know I don't like something I keep it out of my life rather than bitch and moan about it and make my entire identity about hating it.

Some non-metal things about me: I'm 21, I work in a retirement home kitchen and go to community college part time.

Anyway, enough rambling, long introductions. I hope to be a positive contributor to this forum. Cheers.

God of shadows
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:45 am 

Have checked this forum and archive from now and then, saw this part now and thought "what the heck, no damage done if I presentate myself, huh?".

I'm a young male from Sweden(if 21 is considered "young") and my passions is metal, fantasy, manga/anime and rpg. Though I may be called a corefaggot, I do also like plenty of melodeath, technical death metal, some brutal death, some power metal, just started with symphonic black and symphonic death... and a few folk metal and symphonic/gothic metal bands.
I do also collect cds, but am pretty new to it, so I have only slightly over 100 albums for now.
If you want to kindly put how much of a poser I am, troll me or just make a descent conversation with me... well, I guess you already know where and how to reply?

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:51 am 

^ You sound cool in my book, mate. No derogatory comments from me. Welcome to the forum. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

God of shadows
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:48 pm 

Thank you very much, Mikey. Hope I won't whine to much here :) Which thread do people just talk random stuff? Or just hanging out?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:52 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97035

There's the chat as well if you're familiar with IRC (irc.esper.net, #metal) It's on the main page when you're logged in if you're not.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

bakedcat
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:12 am 

Hello i'm just a cat who likes to listen to metal sometimes when i'm not too busy chasing mice, birds, lizards and smoking marijuana. I'd like to listen to metal more often but headphones don't fit over my cute little ears properly. It's very nice to meet you all. Sincerest meows.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:44 pm 

Haha! Welcome aboard, bakedcat!

Filosofuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:49 am 

I'm just a metalhead. I like almost all things metal and most things musical in general.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:30 am 

bakedcat wrote:
Hello i'm just a cat who likes to listen to metal sometimes when i'm not too busy chasing mice, birds, lizards and smoking marijuana. I'd like to listen to metal more often but headphones don't fit over my cute little ears properly. It's very nice to meet you all. Sincerest meows.

As an Australian, bakedspider, bakedkoala, bakedkangaroo, or bakedcrocodile would've been more suitable. ;)

Welcome to the forum.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:25 pm 

bakedcat wrote:

There's a metal pets thread you might like. :) It is front to back cute and adorable .. along with a funeral goat. and some mantises.

EloyXO
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:18 pm 

Hi, I'm Eloy from Spain.
I've been a metal listener since I was 12, but for some reasons I stopped paying attention to music until 2011. Now I'm 18. I feel that now I have enough musical sensitivity to enjoy this kind of music like never before.

I specially enjoy extreme metal. Some of my favorite bands are Slayer, Behemoth, Cattle Decapitation, Darkthrone, Sabbath or Hour of Penance. I also enjoy classical music.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:59 pm 

Lucky .. wish I'd been listening to metal since I was 12. welcome!

MrMetalinasuit1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:19 pm 

'Ello. I made an account months ago and now I'm deciding to post in the forums. Yay. I hail from merry old Northern Ireland. and I like most forms of metal.

donnarocks08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:04 pm 

hi.. i'm donna.. new to everything metal.. i was wondering why slipknot is not included in the lists of bands? what's included is the one from connecticut...

anyway, two of my favorite bands:

slipknot
metallica

ChaosGoatKills
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:45 pm 

donnarocks08 wrote:
hi.. i'm donna.. new to everything metal.. i was wondering why slipknot is not included in the lists of bands? what's included is the one from connecticut...

anyway, two of my favorite bands:

slipknot
metallica

Slipknot is, in my book, an aggressive, metal-influenced rock band. They just lack the riffs and structure of metal. They usually don't have the most mature of outputs and seeing them after Slayer was a little anticlimactic, but they have some pretty solidly composed rock songs, and an image that guarantees attention. I sort of see them as doing what KISS was doing in the era of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

Metallica on the other hand is one solid fucking band. Cliff Burton is a huge influence on composition to any and all metal bands that followed, whether they like to admit it or not. They say Slayer originally wanted to play more Maiden and Judas Priest styled metal until they heard Metallica and decided to take the heaviness up a notch. My favorite output of theirs is probably Master Of Puppets, but I also love Kill em All and Ride the Lightening.

Anyway, welcome. Be sure to check the recommendation section. I've found some real gems in there.

Hadrosauron
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:10 am 

Hi all. I'm from the bay area, CA. I'm 30, but have managed to go almost all of that time essentially oblivious to metal. I got into a few bands that penetrated the public consciousness, mainly Black Sabbath, Metallica, and especially Iron Maiden, but never really dug deeper.

That all changed a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm trying to make up for lost time. Basically, in an attempt to broaden my horizons, I had put a shuffle of just about every genre on Pandora while at work. At some point, I realized I had thumbs-up-ed several awesome new (to me) tracks in a row from the metal station, so I switched from the shuffle to just that station and haven't looked back.

I found my way here trying to get a handle on the multifarious subgenres and look for recommendations to dig further. It seems like most of the best album survey results that originally drew my search here are now dead links, but the archive has been very helpful and I've lurked a bit around the forums over the past week.

So far, my tastes have tended toward what I gather are the more accessible/cheesy flavors of metal (power, symphonic, folk) that get sniffed at around here: Epica, Turisas, Edguy, Within Temptation, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Apocalyptica, DragonForce, Kamelot, Cult of Luna, Dark Moor, and my favorite so far, HammerFall. I've kind of bounced off the black, death, and grind that I've heard so far, but am keeping an open mind to revisit them. Besides that, I've enjoyed a bit of melodic death (Arch Enemy), a bit of progressive (Opeth), some classic heavy (Judas Priest, Dio, more Maiden) and a fair amount of doom (Candlemass, Ahab, Electric Wizard, High on Fire).

The Internet radio approach has been great for exposure to lots of bands in only a week or so, but I get a nagging feeling that I'm missing out by hearing tracks out of their full album context (and of course I'm sure there are lots of great bands that aren't even on there) so I'm looking to branch out. I don't know if I'll have a whole lot to contribute here, but I'm looking forward to exploring further.

Cry_In_The_Night
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:49 pm 

Hi all. I'm here because I like heavy metal. Not really all that new. Had an account here years ago (no I was not banned it was just a very long time ago and i don't even remember what it's name was anymore). Then I had a dip of interest, and now I'm back again. Heavy metal has a way of always drawing me back here.

I'm from Sweden and I'm 22. I mostly listen to classic heavy metal, speed metal and traditional doom nowadays but I also quite like black metal. Some of my favourite bands are Angel Witch, Count Raven, Witchfynde, Mercyful Fate and Mayhem, but I listen to such a ton of stuff that it's impossible to list everything. Not really sure what else there is to say, but I'm here now anyways.

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 pm 

I started being active recently, so I guess I could write something here. :P

Hi, I've been visiting MA for many years now (wrote some reviews back in 2009 or so on my old account, and starting to do that again - beware) and generally enjoy the site very much. While at this point a very large portion of the music I listen to (probably like 40%) is not really metal, I basically grew up on metal and it always remains very important for me, so even though I'm kinda far from an orthodox metalhead, there's a decent amount of Fe in my blood at all times. (Sorry for the horrible wannabe scientific joke.)

Generally I love music which has an atmosphere of one type or another, which leads to me enjoying everything from spacey alternative rock to epic and dramatic doom metal. Also, I like stuff which is complex, which combined with the above results in me listening to way too much music which sort of falls under the "progressive" label. On the other hand, when I'm into something heavy, I enjoy a really heavy, crushing, downtuned sound (not a great fan of things being uber-fast from start to finish on the other hand, sorry).

I started listening to metal when I was 5, with the not so obvious choice of Metallica - Reload as what got me interested, and then more Metallica and Iron Maiden followed. I was mostly into more classic heavy/thrash and occasionally power metal until I was 14, when Dream Theater appeared and decided to turn my world upside down. I've never been normal since.

Some favourite bands (metal or not): Anathema, Katatonia, Dream Theater, Opeth, Riverside, Porcupine Tree, Pain of Salvation, The Pineapple Thief, Paradise Lost, Votum, Periphery, Kreator, Samael, Moonspell, Decapitated, Judas Priest, Metallica, Iron Maiden.

That's about it. :)

kacper92
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:12 am 

I'm Kacper from Poland, I'm 21. I've been into metal since I was 19. I mostly listen to heavy and speed metal, and a bit of thrash, depends on my mood. I discover other subgenres as well. I've discovered MA in 2011, while i was searching for band information. Afterwards I've started visiting MA more and more and evenutally I've made an account.

Some of bands that I listen to: Iron Maiden, Loudness, Anthem (Japan), Pantera, Accept, early Metallica, Slayer, 3 Inches of Blood (especially their latest album), Suffocated (China). And I still get into more.

baron samedi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:47 pm 

oh hey

so, I just started this job where I sit around in an office for 9 hours every day with nearly nothing to do. then I was heinously banned from all sections of my regular forum for posting in the classifieds but not inquiring so as to purchase a guitar. I just told the guy he had a sweet fucking guitar. So (even though I am banned) I am boycotting said site as a matter of principle. Hopefully everyone here doesn't have a broom so far up his ass.

Long time MA fan, been using it since... uh...

So I'm a guitarist, I've got a grass roots GHR65FR, which is nothing to write home about. and... I live in Japan, but I'm American, but I don't watch anime so don't ask me, but I do speak Japanese so do ask me...

I just checked, and the band that I started when I was 15 is still listed on this website, Al Na'ir, which I was kind of surprised to see. We're not active, btw. And you probably wont find our two CD-R demos anywhere; unfortunately, they are no longer in production.

I like talking about guitars, even though I'm actually not that knowledgeable. I'd say, out of music that is featured on this website, I listen mostly to stoner/doom bands and King Diamond. Oh and a longtime Deathspell Omega fan.

love,
baron samedi

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 156  Next