Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:51 pm 

We're a heavy metal/blues band, with a pretty wide variety of influences that stretch from Crashdiet to Black Sabbath, Immortal to Sahg. We play fairly melodic music, but aren't adverse to heavy passages. Unfortunately, we don't have too much in the way of demos, but you can follow this link to hear one:

https://soundcloud.com/blacksmith-aus

We are still, in many ways, in the early stages of the band (primarily because of our lack of second guitarist...), so there aren't really too many limitations as to what you can bring to the table. We've had a few people lined-up for audition, but for the most part they have fallen through. Whilst we still may be trying out some of them, if you dig the song above please reply here or PM me and I'll see if we can't fix something up.

And for the hell of it, here are some more specs as laid out in the guidelines:

Location: We come from the Northern Suburbs and the Inner West. Currently we have been rehearsing in a middle ground, about half an hour from the city via car. We're willing to move around, obviously.

Transportation: We really don't care how you get to us, as long as you can get to us.

Equipment: You need to have your own gear. If your amp isn't the best it ain't the end of the world, but we are looking to record more and gig.

Experience: A heap of experience isn't necessary. If you've got some sort of foot in the scene here, that is all the better.

Commitment: We want to be gigging and recording on a regular basis. For now, we only get together fully fortnightly, but we are hoping to increase that the further ahead we go. We'd prefer it if you wrote, as well - we like collaborating together with ideas, so it'd be cool if you can bring something to the table in that respect.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Toyman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:54 am 

Keep on trucking mate, good luck. You're not quite there yet but you'll get thre. Peristance is a good thing in any band. A word of advice: you should attach yourselves to a burgeoning scene, such as folk metal or djent. I like how you sound but it doesn't sound all that special, and uniqueness in sound is so important. Keep hammering it out, you could do with more heavy btw, it's too blues not enoiugh metal. Take from my suggestion what you will, you guys could go somewhere if you do the right things. Do what you think is best though. good luck!

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:26 pm 

Yeah you guys should pick up some 8-strings and do something a bit more unique (srs).

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 pm 

Toyman wrote:
Keep on trucking mate, good luck. You're not quite there yet but you'll get thre. Peristance is a good thing in any band. A word of advice: you should attach yourselves to a burgeoning scene, such as folk metal or djent. I like how you sound but it doesn't sound all that special, and uniqueness in sound is so important. Keep hammering it out, you could do with more heavy btw, it's too blues not enoiugh metal. Take from my suggestion what you will, you guys could go somewhere if you do the right things. Do what you think is best though. good luck!

Cheers for the feedback mate! We are pretty set on expanding the blues sound, however - we're all into that kinda stuff, so that's were we are headed. For the record, djent doesn't really have much of a "scene" around here.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Reply to topic