Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:49 pm 

Song lengths one by one.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:52 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:

Warned. I don't know if these is even a valid release, I'll consult our resident Mexican black metal expert.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
HouseSpiders wrote:

Warned. I don't know if these is even a valid release, I'll consult our resident Mexican black metal expert.

That guy and his info are a bit fishy. He tried white-washing some info on his band not too long ago.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:30 pm 

Thanks, I informed OpsiusCato of the situation as he is the sage of Mexican metal.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:54 pm 

Can Lux Effossa from France be unblacklisted? It looks like the EP was released.

http://metalvenompromotions.bandcamp.com/album/lexil

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:02 pm 

Okay!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:15 pm 

Oh, shit. Wrong thread. But thanks Tony.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:48 pm 

It was a while ago (September 2012) but benmoshen went through Once Nothing's releases and added bullshit lineups guessed off the line up year ranges, a number of which were wrong. I've corrected his line ups.

BastardHead wrote:

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Die_In_Pain is adding the main page of Immortal Frost Productions/Webstore to all bands that sell merchandise there.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm 

Notice sent.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:45 pm 

Bullshit alt spellings. It's been almost a year, but if he hasn't been warned yet he could always come back and continue point-whoring ...

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:13 pm 

Warned. Anybody wants to clean up the mess?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:32 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Warned. Anybody wants to clean up the mess?

I already did before I made the post.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:38 pm 

You are a good man.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:31 pm 

Probably not quite point-whoring, but Gelordum is renaming band links from "Myspace" to "X band @ Myspace" and the same for other websites, and I'm sure he's not supposed to be doing that. I've always been renaming links the opposite way, and I've seen that others (including quite a few of the mods) have been too.

EDIT: Some bigger wrongdoing from this guy... even after Alhadis' notice to Die_In_Pain about adding those Immortal Frost Productions links, 2 days after it he went and added another one anyway. :roll:

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:05 pm 

Warned for the last time.

For the record, I can't see the point of changing those link titles either way. What's the point?

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:35 pm 

So .. I'm confused about what qualifies. Take, for example, Tlacaxipehualiztli. A ton of stuff happened today in close succession. In the modification history, does the time code to the left designate when a mod cleared the report and he got points? Or is this what qualifies for updating stuff one by one? He has a ton of points, so it makes me feel like I'm the one missing something. How to tell the difference?

edit: Here's another in the same vein. I just can't tell.
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/rojci666

edit: http://www.metal-archives.com/users/aeternus1990

edit: http://www.metal-archives.com/users/attilaslaytanic666

I don't mean to besmirch, if I'm just being clumsy. How do these updates happen so close together? The individual reports look like they're a series of case changes done one or two per second. I feel like I'm overlooking something obvious.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:19 pm 

Napero wrote:
For the record, I can't see the point of changing those link titles either way. What's the point?

Mainly an aesthetic thing, with a bit of redundancy: for the most part, with an average link on a band page, for example, it's understood that the link is specific to that particular band, and therefore doesn't really require the addition of "@ ~".

maxy666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:37 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
Probably not quite point-whoring, but Gelordum is renaming band links from "Myspace" to "X band @ Myspace" and the same for other websites, and I'm sure he's not supposed to be doing that. I've always been renaming links the opposite way, and I've seen that others (including quite a few of the mods) have been too.

EDIT: Some bigger wrongdoing from this guy... even after Alhadis' notice to Die_In_Pain about adding those Immortal Frost Productions links, 2 days after it he went and added another one anyway. :roll:

I've seen several bands with links like this (X @ MYSPACE, X @ Facebook) and this is ridiculous. In some cases it's because an old bands on database, but current bands are linked in this way and is ugly as f*ck.

In this case, i can fix it? (X @ FACEBOOK to Facebook | X @ MYSPACE to Myspace)

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:43 pm 

maxy666 wrote:
In this case, i can fix it? (X @ FACEBOOK to Facebook | X @ MYSPACE to Myspace)

viewtopic.php?p=2161783#p2161783

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:49 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
So .. I'm confused about what qualifies. Take, for example, Tlacaxipehualiztli. A ton of stuff happened today in close succession. In the modification history, does the time code to the left designate when a mod cleared the report and he got points?

No, that's when he modified something himself, those have nothing to do with reports. The number of points or edits isn't what matters. What matters is the modifications themselves. Getting points for pointless updates isn't what the points are for, and systematically doing pointless updates is generally pointwhoring.

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
Or is this what qualifies for updating stuff one by one? He has a ton of points, so it makes me feel like I'm the one missing something. How to tell the difference?

If you update stuff one by one, the timestamps differ.

For example:
Code:
2013-05-02 13:59:27   Exsanguinate - Disintegration Through Ritualistic Torture   Modified album track data: 8. Malevolent Entities of Perpetual Suffering   
2013-05-02 13:59:27   Exsanguinate - Disintegration Through Ritualistic Torture   Modified album track data: 5. Dissecting the Newborn   
2013-05-02 13:59:27   Exsanguinate - Disintegration Through Ritualistic Torture   Modified album track data: 2. Stages of Decomposition   
2013-05-02 13:59:27   Exsanguinate - Disintegration Through Ritualistic Torture   Modified album track data: 1. Precision Punctures for Accelerated Exsanguination   

All these have the same timestamp, so he saved all the modifications at the same time. If the timestamps would be different, that'd mean he clicked the save button four times, getting more points than he would've otherwise for the same contributions. Aiming to maximize the point yield would be pointwhoring.

Then, for example:
Code:
2013-05-02 13:38:02   Disperse - Living Mirrors   Modified album track data: 12. Choices over Me   
2013-05-02 13:38:02   Disperse - Living Mirrors   Modified album track data: 1. Dancing with Endless Love   
2013-05-02 13:37:20   Disperse - Promo 2008   Modified album track data: 1. Lost in Time   
2013-05-02 13:36:45   Disperse   Modified Facebook link data   

First two share a timestamp, because it's the same album. The last two have different timestamps, because the third one is another album and the fourth one is the band page. Saving those can't be combined anyway.

If you're updating something, ideally you should make all the changes at once and save it then, not save after every single change. However, people make mistakes. There can be typos, there can be something you didn't notice the first time, or something else could've gone wrong... It's perfectly ok if you don't always get it all right at the first time. What is not ok is if it looks like you have a habit of making an unnecessary amount of edits or doing something completely pointless.

There's more detail about this in the site rules: http://www.metal-archives.com/content/r ... ab_general ("General" tab, "No Point-Whoring Abuse" section)

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:27 pm 

Ok sweet. Thanks, RonimuZ. I thought reports were needed because that's all I've seen, considering my lowly ranking. :) Makes sense now.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 am 

And http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Die_In_Pain even ignored the final warning from Napero about adding those Immortal Frost Productions links. So I guess it's probably goodbye for him then.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:05 pm 

He's gone.

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:17 am 

For Fulgurius, I'm sorry for adding the song length on Life Long Misery page. I'm too blind to add it because the album title almost same between demo and full-length. I got the song length from Last.fm, again, I'm sorry.

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:27 am 

aaauuuuu wrote:
For Fulgurius, I'm sorry for adding the song length on Life Long Misery page. I'm too blind to add it because the album title almost same between demo and full-length. I got the song length from Last.fm, again, I'm sorry.

That wasn't a good idea to take them from last.fm. 5 out of 6 album tracks were on the demo, but, according to the label's site, they were re-recorded, so you can't be sure that their lengths are the same. Just wait until someone who owns the album will add them or when the rip will appear online.
The same goes for all users: do NOT add track lengths for selected tracks/samples posted online. (I've seen some users doing this for the upcoming albums, please don't do it anymore, just wait until the album will be released and all track lengths will be known).

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:42 pm 

Would a mod take a look at this band and the reports please so this one can get cleaned up?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dreadeth/3540363773

user has filed 5 reports, claiming vandalism, fake names, genre's etc.

Thanks

rojci666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:54 am 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
So .. I'm confused about what qualifies. Take, for example, Tlacaxipehualiztli. A ton of stuff happened today in close succession. In the modification history, does the time code to the left designate when a mod cleared the report and he got points? Or is this what qualifies for updating stuff one by one? He has a ton of points, so it makes me feel like I'm the one missing something. How to tell the difference?

I don't mean to besmirch, if I'm just being clumsy. How do these updates happen so close together? The individual reports look like they're a series of case changes done one or two per second. I feel like I'm overlooking something obvious.

In my case, I first updated ALL Slovenian band, than Serbian and now I'm updating Croatian band when I have time(soon Bosna, Macedonia). I fix mostly misspelled (č,ć,ž,š,..) or capital letters (http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=2226573#p2226573) for songs, band members(adding also photos, born date), also fixing related links,
I post reports just for albums or bands "misspelled or capital letters", because I can fix this for my rank.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:21 pm 

And you are doing a great job. No fingers were pointing at all.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

TvvrAskesis
Marathon Man

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:30 pm 

Doing great work by adding hard to find lyrics for Japanese songs, but doing them one by one: http://www.metal-archives.com/users/kacper92.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm 

Notice sent.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:36 pm 

@rojci666: yeah, bro, apologies for any misunderstanding. Please don't take my inclusion of you the wrong way. I was the one with the wrong idea entirely. If anything you're an example of exactly how things SHOULD be done. :)

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:31 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:

I saw some more answers above but also - check their rankings as well - for instance attilaslaytanic666 has 48000 points. Someone surely would have caught it if he point whoring - way, way before he got anywhere close to this. And I've been working on a lot of rojci666's reports and they are going a long way to cleaning up band names - so I can certainly say that I trust he's not a point whore at all.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:09 pm 

Die_In_Pain has risen from the banned and added another link to Immortal Frost Productions' main page on a bandpage. I've already edited the last one he added so it would have some relevance to the band.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:07 pm 

So the second edit he makes after getting unbanned is the exact same thing that got him banned before. Yiap, banned for good.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 am 

It's been a couple of months, but Shankao has been adding lyrics/lengths one by one, and he seems to have earned a lot of points from doing it, so he should probably have some docked. The short gaps between each of his submissions also make me think he was almost certainly doing it with the intent of getting as many points as possible.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:15 am 

Warning sent and points docked.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:44 am 

He's very active and making decent reports, but can someone perhaps let Kelchenu know to condense his reports? Instead of making a report on Nonamen's page to report the year ranges of the five current members, he made a separate report to each band member's page (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

BastardHead wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 120  Next