Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Scrafty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:47 pm 

So yeah, I didn't see this posted anywhere, figured you guys would get a kick out of it.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=188426

Quote:
DISTURBED/DEVICE frontman David Draiman contributed "vocal/singing help" on two tracks that will appear on the new MEGADETH album, "Super Collider": "Forget To Remember" and "Dance In The Rain". In addition, Draiman makes a guest appearance on the latter song, with Mustaine stating about the track, "It sounds amazing!"

Draiman recently stated about his collaboration with MEGADETH: "I had the distinct honor and privilege of working with the legendary Mr. Dave Mustaine on a few songs for the new MEGADETH record."

I make electronic music.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:52 pm 

It's an obvious plot to replace Dave Mustaine as frontman.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Peroy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:54 pm 

Megadeth can only profitate from this...

~Guest 293033
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:57 pm 

A bunch of people need to chill. David Dramain is a competent singer (better than Mustaine) and him being present on the record does not mean he had enough creative say to make the music sound anything like Disturbed. Even if it did, Disturbed's latter material wasn't even all that bad, just not particularly good. And yes, I've enjoyed almost all of Megadeth's output.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:03 pm 

I am not familiar with disturbed work expect the song down with the sickness which is over played on rock stations, so as long as he doesn't sound like that then i think we might be ok, though someone told me that disturbed moved away from nu metal after their first album a more traditional metal style, but idk how his voice sounds. This should be interesting though.

Scrafty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:04 pm 

Peace sells, but whOOH-WA-A-A-A

I make electronic music.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:13 pm 

I anticipate Draiman blaming all the inevitable negative reviews on antisemitism.

By_Inheritance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:15 pm 

This can only be bad. He's a terrible vocalist and this line, '...there's a couple of little tidbits of ideas that he gave me that we're using on this record' makes things worse. I thought Thirteen was crap and this isn't getting me excited for a new album.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:38 pm 

Veracs wrote:

Oh god oh god oh god

Hehehehehhe

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:52 pm 

Scrafty wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony, you need to save that picture and put it on your MA photo album. The metal gods have truly blessed thee!

Obligatory Last FM Link

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:10 pm 

Haters gonna hate. I have every album by both bands and I unironically enjoy everything by Disturbed. I would certainly hesitate to call them "metal", but Draiman is not the worst singer ever committed to record. He's certainly distinctive even if he's a little too nasal.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:13 pm 

Tony, that is the best thing I have seen this week. I can almost hear Draiman screaming in front of his computer. Does he not understand caps? Does he not know that all caps makes you sound like a foam mouthing roid rager? His obnoxious personality set aside, he does have a good voice. It's not going to work out on a Megadeth record though.

Now that I think about it, Mustaine and Draiman do make a good couple.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:25 pm 

I am going to have to facepalm at Draiman......

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:29 pm 

Draiman's reaction to Metantoine is hilarious. :lol: What an entitled twat.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Last edited by OzzyApu on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:30 pm 

I don't know what's worse Draiman's puerile response, or the fact Tony is into a shit band like Megadeth.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

TheJizzHammer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:31 pm 

Tony, that's fucking hilarious! I can't help but notice Draiman's inability to turn off capslock.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:35 pm 

Here, his twitter: https://twitter.com/DAVIDMDRAIMAN

Everything. IN ALL CAPS.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:35 pm 

Veracs wrote:

I approve of this

ITS A STYLE PREFERENCE BY THE WAY, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU ARE DUMB AND WORSE AND HITLER

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:53 pm 

Honestly I just hope this album isn't too disturbing.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:57 pm 

I just noticed Draiman retweeted to Megadeth that they were born lame and disrespectful. I guess he isnt too dumb after all

Under_Starmere wrote:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 pm 

Veracs wrote:
I don't know what's worse Draiman's puerile response, or the fact Tony is into a shit band like Megadeth.

Pfff, if you don't even like Peace Sells, you're worse than I thought. But yeah, this will be as shitty as Thirteen (no, I'm not spelling it like they did, fuck off).

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Cloud0129
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:36 pm 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
Honestly I just hope this album isn't too disturbing.

:lol:
Good one.

And Disturbed is more hard rock than nu metal.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:53 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Scrafty wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahaha. This and Tony's tweet are the only two worthwhile things that have anything even remotely to do with Draiman and Megadeth.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:15 am 

Draiman doesn't have a bad voice, but I hate the way he sings - way too shitty 2000s alt-rock nonsense for me, the sort of tough guy bullshit that just comes off more as posturing and trendy than as actually menacing.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:16 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Draiman doesn't have a bad voice, but I hate the way he sings

:( :ugh: :lol: :roll: :scratch:

Under_Starmere wrote:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:18 am 

Voice and sound of voice =/= singing style. Nice use of emoticons, really makes such a good argument.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:21 am 

Scrafty wrote:

You have no idea how hard I fucking laughed after reading this.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:24 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Voice and sound of voice =/= singing style. Nice use of emoticons, really makes such a good argument.

There is no arguing with someone who thinks a guy that makes throat noises is a good vocalist. I guess he could sound like Mark Shelton, but for the most part Draiman is an incredibly awful singer

Under_Starmere wrote:

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:27 am 

Veracs wrote:
There is no arguing with someone who thinks a guy that makes throat noises is a good vocalist. I guess he could sound like Mark Shelton, but for the most part Draiman is an incredibly awful singer

I wouldn't say he's an awful singer. His voice suits well for the type of music they play. He's good. Not overly good, but not bad either.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:36 am 

Veracs wrote:

Since when was Mark Shelton a good singer?

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:40 am 

Veracs wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

:lol: You pretty much completely missed the point of what I was saying. I do think he's pretty awful, but at the same time he seems to at least be able to sing on the later stuff I've heard and I can kind of see how some people like his voice. That Down with the Sickness crap was atrocious though.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:49 am 

Terri23 wrote:
Veracs wrote:

Since when was Mark Shelton a good singer?

I said he could sound worse than Mark Shelton.

Under_Starmere wrote:

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:52 am 

Does anyone else remember that part of Down with the sickness where Draiman is like "No mommy, don't hit me-I promise I'll be a good boy" and it closes out the song.

Under_Starmere wrote:

RapeTheDead
Stoned Jesus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:04 am 

Veracs wrote:
Does anyone else remember that part of Down with the sickness where Draiman is like "No mommy, don't hit me-I promise I'll be a good boy" and it closes out the song.

It doesn't close out the song, it's the bridge before the chorus.

also

guys

GUYS

Dan Draiman's gonna have to have an artist profile added to M-A.

:oh shit:

SKYLESS AEONS
SENTIMENT DISSOLVE
HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:10 am 

RapeTheDead wrote:
also

guys

GUYS

:nono:

My collection

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:14 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Draiman doesn't have a bad voice, but I hate the way he sings - way too shitty 2000s alt-rock nonsense for me, the sort of tough guy bullshit that just comes off more as posturing and trendy than as actually menacing.

This was always my biggest problem with him. He would actually be a good singer if he dropped all the "oom ah-ah's," "Ock- Ock's" and other random vocal flotsam, and that wierd cadence he uses at times- that kind of half-chanting, half rapping thing, can be grating. His singing voice is ironically pretty good. Tell you the truth, I got more issues with Mustaine's crackpot social/political views than with Draimen's singing, but even then- the fact is I don't think Mustaine is nearly the songwriter he used to be, and that- more than anything else- is the one reason I probalby wouldnt buy this album.

"Peace Sells", "Rust in Peace," and even "Killing is My Buisness" were brilliant timeless classic metal albums- dont care what anyone says. Most of his later stuff, e.g. the "Hello Me" song, was pretty forgettable.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:17 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Veracs wrote:

Pfff, if you don't even like Peace Sells, you're worse than I thought. But yeah, this will be as shitty as Thirteen (no, I'm not spelling it like they did, fuck off).

I actually like Peace sells it's a good album, nothing Megadeth have ever done is a classic or even close. But that album would be great if Mustaine wasn't on vocals.

Under_Starmere wrote:

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:18 am 

RapeTheDead wrote:
It doesn't close out the song, it's the bridge before the chorus.

also

guys

GUYS

:oh shit:

Not an issue at all. Fred Durst is already on here.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:34 am 

I like Draiman (as a singer; his personality is quite shitty), and Disturbed have a handful of good songs in their catalogue, but yeah..... Him and Megadeth are far from a match made in heaven.

Also, Veracs sucks. As always.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:42 am 

News like this is enough to make me nervous for how this album will turn out but I'm still hoping for good things. Disturbed can be fun in small doses and Ten Thousand Fists is actually a great album, but they get really monotonous after a while. On a related note, anyone notice how the debut album by Draiman's new band Device sounds EXACTLY like fucking Disturbed?

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next