Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:31 am 

Here's my half-finished vest. It lacks about half the patches, or less depending on whether I want to fill the back with smaller ones.
In the first pic, my hand rests on an Intestine Baalism logo patch.

Here are some cool patches I haven't used yet:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:11 pm 

Sweeeeet. I like the back, but yeah, you have the place to put the remaining patches.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:36 pm 

Looks hard wearing and warm. Nice work there.

InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm 

Battle jacket! (click image to enlarge)

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:14 am 

the morbid angel back patch looks AWESOME
and of course that battle jacket is badass, i loved those metal pins
the dissection one looks really neat

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

cadena
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:09 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Here's my half-finished vest. It lacks about half the patches, or less depending on whether I want to fill the back with smaller ones.
In the first pic, my hand rests on an Intestine Baalism logo patch.

Here are some cool patches I haven't used yet:

Dat immolation back patch!! I got a vest with that one. Epic!!

cadena
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:13 am 

sonofevil wrote:
Hey,

so i just got on this Board and here you can see my Kutte.
Go to the Link for more pictures.

[img]http://tshirtslayer.com/files-tshirt/imagecache/shirtview/user-468/8487926e44776fdad0cb251c4106b1b0.jpg[/img

[url]http://tshirtslayer.com/
battle-jacket/kutte-update-2013-arrrrrggggggghhhhh[/url]

Cheers.

The altar ov metal \,,\-_-/,,/

lesions
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 am 

This is my vest so far, Ive been in between jobs so I havent had the money to finish it lately but hopefully soon I will be able to finish it up.

And as for the jacket, I think it will probably remain as minimal as it is.

Maulgraun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:55 am 

Can someone repost the picture of that awesome hand painted leather Darkthrone jacket? I went through the whole thread again but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.
Also i'm working on my own jacket at the moment but probably won't have pics up any time soon.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:09 am 

Whats the patch on the back of the long sleeve jacket above ?

lesions
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:56 pm 

halfformedfetus wrote:

Pseudogod (russia) got it off HHR

slayer85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:41 pm 

halfformedfetus wrote:
these are my 2 jackets., im currently working on my leather jacket,... leather is a pain to sow though i have to get them down at a proffesional place.. Altarsingore that jacket is sick! KUDOS!

U have some awesome jackets! Getting inspired to make 2 more jackets!

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:12 pm 

slayer85 wrote:
halfformedfetus wrote:
these are my 2 jackets., im currently working on my leather jacket,... leather is a pain to sow though i have to get them down at a proffesional place.. Altarsingore that jacket is sick! KUDOS!

Spoiler: show

U have some awesome jackets! Getting inspired to make 2 more jackets!

Thanks a lot! yeah leather is a pain, I got my leather jacket done at a professional leather place, he did an awesome job to! theres a photo of it in here somewhere, its a Bathory back patch
in hind site I wouldn't have put 3 mayhem patches on the bottom one :p but at the time I was a little obsessed, eventually I wouldn't mind unpicking a pew, especially my Sadistik Exekution patch was poor quality and has fallen to pieces, you cant even see what it is now. I actually ended up putting stud spikes along the shoulders of the top one worked out well! looks pretty cool. I really want to make a blue denim one dedicated to old thrash, with a Ride the Lightning back patch, and one dedicated to only Grind and Crust with a warsore back patch or possibly Insect Warfare, but they are pricey :)

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:15 pm 

lesions wrote:
halfformedfetus wrote:

Pseudogod (russia) got it off HHR

Cheers :) the logo intrigued me! worth checking out? (im at work) :)

lesions
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:41 pm 

halfformedfetus wrote:

Cheers :) the logo intrigued me! worth checking out? (im at work) :)

thats the same thing that got me into them. Definitely worth a listen, really really heavy black/death

Powerslave10
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:38 am 

PlagueRages wrote:
Here's mine:

Sorry this is late; i've only just joined :D

I am going to create a battle jacket and was wondering do you remember where you got the jacket? it's the exact one i'm looking for!

Turtle_Factory
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:24 pm 

Well, I updated my vest and here are the results :) I cut off the sleeves after seeing some pics here and getting inspired, also seeing my close friend's vest helped the decision. Well I now say it looks 100% better, and it's also easier to wear. Now with summer it's also cooler. Not much in the front, only added a Ghost patch. I'm fan of patching them all lumped together, making it some sort of quilt collage. I realize not a lot of people like this, but I couldn't see it any other way!

Front:

Here's the back, I recently got my backpatch (2 days ago) and I'm super ultra excited. The only bad thing is that since the vest is so mini, it basically covers the entire back. Above the two side patches I plan on patching the spaces above with the traditional square patches (basically like the Dio one in the front part of the vest). The white patch with the devil on red literally translates, "I listen to the Devil's music" in English from Spanish.

Back:

pagan_scum01
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:15 pm 

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1160/sam0108j.jpg

leveck
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:40 pm 

Here's mine:

phantaz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:32 pm 

Just want your opinion - if you're willing to give me eheheh - on something: I have been thinking, for a while, to get a denim vest, a light blue, and work on the back, not with patches but with drawings.
I would be drawing the back of the vest - sort of the way people tend to do with leather jackets - with one single piece (was thinking of a conceptual inverted pentagram and stuff eheheh but that is an option).

Would tha tbe to cheesy and 'omg what a fail!' kind of thing or, depending on the final product, it could turn out to be something nice?

Opinions, please :) and thanks :)

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:22 pm 

phantaz wrote:
Just want your opinion - if you're willing to give me eheheh - on something: I have been thinking, for a while, to get a denim vest, a light blue, and work on the back, not with patches but with drawings.
I would be drawing the back of the vest - sort of the way people tend to do with leather jackets - with one single piece (was thinking of a conceptual inverted pentagram and stuff eheheh but that is an option).

Would tha tbe to cheesy and 'omg what a fail!' kind of thing or, depending on the final product, it could turn out to be something nice?

That could really work man! given the art you did was actually good :p I have seen some really awesome hand drawn ones! one I remember was king diamond! the artist was so pro it looked awesome, that being said I have seen some crappy scribbled ones aswell :aww: give it a go and keep us updated

Via_Nocturna
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 pm 

I had a blue denim jacket with my old Led Zeppelin patch sewn in on the lower back. Was planning to buy patches of my most favorite metal bands and add to it, but grew out of the jacket...

So right now my plan is to acquire a new jacket and start anew. After some heavy thinking I've come to the conclusion that this:

makes for the perfect centerpiece on the back (since I happen to love the shit out of the band's first EP on first listen - haven't felt that way about a metal release in years!). Just gotta check if there's the possibility of ordering custom-made patches....

Rex Maskimus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:59 pm 

I've had my handed-down cut-off for a couple years. I basically just tore off the sleeves, offed the buttons with pliers and patched the front with what I had on hand at the moment quickly. Not much a fan of lighter blue denims plus it was total parachute-wear on me, so I neglected studding it etc, and it was in the closet most often.

I picked it back up this year and took everything down and went nuts with it. Now armed with a sewing machine, it was gonna fit well, and look great or get sent to the dump. Don't have any good pics of the original jacket but this is my vest stripped down before any mods, paired with a new back-patch:

Pretty ill fitting. Anyway, I painted, washed and tailored the thing to death. The sides are now held together by grommets and leather lace. I have more plans for it before all the patches/studs, but here's what it's like at the moment:

phantaz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm 

halfformedfetus wrote:
phantaz wrote:

That could really work man! given the art you did was actually good :p I have seen some really awesome hand drawn ones! one I remember was king diamond! the artist was so pro it looked awesome, that being said I have seen some crappy scribbled ones aswell :aww: give it a go and keep us updated

Eheheh I will. As soon as the school year ends and my kids also end their school year, I will have more time to 'work something out' eheheh
But I will either go for a drawing or Portuguese old-school band logos... I have to think it all very straight :)
But thanks for the comment ;)

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:21 am 

Hell! That's an awesome backpatch :headbang:

BoltTheGates
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:05 pm 

If you see me at MDF, feel free to say hi or buy me a beer.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:47 am 

BoltTheGates wrote:

Fuck, I saw that BT backpatch on a website once but I couldn't afford it... Now I can't find it anywhere and I'm kicking myself for not buying it at the time.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:41 am 

BoltTheGates: I saw you a bunch of times but didn't see this post until now. Awesome vest dude. I was the really tall guy with a Torgeist back patch, I forget if I complimented your vest. Funny enough, I met someone who I already knew online the same way last year.

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:30 am 

I've always worn band shirts to metal shows. I have a question to you guys about your vests that has always bugged me though:

Do you sew on the patches yourselves? By hand or by machine? Does someone sew it for you?

Do you iron on the patches instead?

Just, the image of a metalhead sewing or ironing is kind of funny. I guess sewing is more metal though. Sticking needles into something repeatedly.

I do admire some of the work in this thread though. A well arranged vest with good bands is impressive.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:55 am 

Baroque1 wrote:
I've always worn band shirts to metal shows. I have a question to you guys about your vests that has always bugged me though:

Do you sew on the patches yourselves? By hand or by machine? Does someone sew it for you?

Do you iron on the patches instead?

Just, the image of a metalhead sewing or ironing is kind of funny. I guess sewing is more metal though. Sticking needles into something repeatedly.

I do admire some of the work in this thread though. A well arranged vest with good bands is impressive.

I rarely iron them on in case I want to move them later. Only a few of my patches are iron-on anyway.
I mostly sew on by hand. I used to use a machine when I lived at home, but since I don't own one myself I just do it by hand. Makes them easier to remove later anyway.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:15 pm 

How does security at venues react to having spikes on jackets? Are they usually cool with it?

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:44 pm 

Necroghast wrote:
How does security at venues react to having spikes on jackets? Are they usually cool with it?

I think wristbands with spikes and studs are more of a concern to securityguards. It probably also depends on how long and how pointy the spikes are.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:05 pm 

Sewing is easy, so I do it myself. I'd feel like a tool if I had my mommy/girlfriend or some "professional" I over-paid do it for me (how is that better/more normal than doing it yourself?). Granted, I never learned to work a sewing machine, but if you can't figure out how to sew on a patch yourself by hand, you're pretty dumb (that goes for anyone). Even if you've never sewed something down on a piece of fabric before, it's simple enough that you ought to be able to figure it out all on your own.

iron-on patches aren't really that secure. the glue is just supposed to kind of hold them in place to make sewing easier. They peel up and can be easily yanked off if you don't sew them down.

Quote:

I wouldn't even be in the vicinity of a club/venue that is lame enough to care, but I've never once heard of someone getting stopped for having a studded jacket, even at bar shows, which usually have at least a bouncer or something.

Natskygge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:24 pm 

Necroghast wrote:

I think it depends from venue to venue. A friend of mine was told to remove his spikes from his vest before a concert at Wacken last year, that's the only instance I've experienced where spikes on people's clothing have been a problem.

Baroque1 wrote:

It's really not difficult. Doing it by hand will give you more control of what you're doing, especially if you aren't used to sewing. Just attach the patch to the vest with a bunch of pins and start sewing. :)

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:35 pm 

REAL men do it without safety pins. :metal:

except over pockets. pockets are fucking hard.

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:09 am 

New vest I got yesterday. Not exactly sure what to do with it yet.. Haven't made any more progress on my black vest either. Hoping to start working on them a lot more when I get moved..

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:59 am 

BoltTheGates wrote:
If you see me at MDF, feel free to say hi or buy me a beer.

Saw you at MDF from behind. Good vest my man.
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

Natskygge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:36 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
REAL men do it without safety pins. :metal:

except over pockets. pockets are fucking hard.

Well, seeing as I'm not a man, I'll use as many pins as I feel like. ;)

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:02 pm 

^ That's the spirit. I'm planning a jacket, and I will shamelessly use stick pins because whip stitching one-handed is fucking harder than pockets, and if anything isn't square I'll have to start all the fuck over. fuck.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:22 pm 

Anyone know where I might find a Winterfylleth patch if one exists?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 88  Next