Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm 

Hey,

This is a weird random question regarding a Canadian electronic band (you might call them electronica?, I'm not sure on labels in electronic music) called Murder by Static.

I have one of their albums called "Luxicon Phase" and it sounds kind of like Aphex Twin, no vocals whatsoever, fairly decent for that kind of music, no guitar or bass either that I can recognize, just totally electronic.

However, years ago when I was in college I had a friend who used to work for Nuclear Blast when they existed so he had access to lots of rare shit and he had made me a demo back then that had one of their songs on it, and while according to THIS SITE, they would probably not have been considered "metal", the song definitely had a lot of metal in it.

It had growling vocals, metal guitar and bass.

I would say it sounded like a combination of Noise, Grindcore and Electronica, and I really liked the one track.

No matter how hard I have looked online, the only album of theirs or material of any kind I have found was the one album I have and I have lost touch with the one friend who showed me that track many years ago and I am wondering:

1) Has anyone on here ever listened to this band?

And most importantly:

2) Has anyone ever heard this material of theirs that has more of a metal sound to it and do they know where I can buy one of their albums that has this sound, or at least listen to it online or download?

Even if no one knows where I can purchase or download their music, as I doubt that anyone will, I am just EXTREMELY curious to know if anyone else has ever heard their more-metal-sounding material.

Really, I am very much doubting anyone on this site will have ever even heard of the band at all and I'm not expecting any responses, but I'm just curious.

ClaymanOnFire
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 pm 

Is it possible Murder by Static was the album? Because I just found this on Discogs (Electronic/Experimental/Grindcore).

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:03 pm 

ClaymanOnFire wrote:
Is it possible Murder by Static was the album? Because I just found this on Discogs (Electronic/Experimental/Grindcore).

I don't THINK so, but maybe my friend got the name wrong and it was the album and not the band with that title.

I'll see if I can find any tracks by this band online and try to figure out if they played the track I heard.

Thanks

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:08 pm 

According to RYM, there is a band called Murder by Static related to the afforementioned Noisecore Freak: http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/murder_by_static

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:21 pm 

ClaymanOnFire wrote:

Actually dude, I listened to some tracks by Noisecore Freak just now and I found the track and turns out you were right!!!

THANKS!

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:02 am 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
According to RYM, there is a band called Murder by Static related to the afforementioned Noisecore Freak: http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/murder_by_static

Huh, well that solves it I guess.

Most likely Noisecore Freak had previously been called Murder By Static, because they are both one man bands started by the same guy according to that site, and I found a longer remixed version of the same track by Noisecore Freak that my friend had said was by Murder By Static.

I wonder if they released anything as Murder By Static?

Looks like they did have an album under that name according to your link.

I'd still like to see if I could get my hands on the album with the original name, just because I'm a collector...but that SEEMS to solve my mystery.

Thanks

ClaymanOnFire
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:23 am 

Glad to be of service :-D

Reply to topic