Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
angelaCa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:43 am 

Who can advise some site where newly created band can promote its music? I’d like to make my band more popular. Somebody gave me a link on [url]artistecard.com[/url] on my facebook page. Does anybody know these services? Maybe someone knows other sites, something affordable?

xpsychoblissx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 am 

If you're looking for paid forms of advertising, the best method is Facebook advertising, in my opinion. Make a band page if you haven't already, and put $50 towards an advertising campaign. That will get you a pretty hefty amount of new "likes" and will hopefully get you some plays and new fans.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 am 

Put your band on every notable network (Facebook, YouTube, BandCamp, ReverbNation, MySpace, VK) and make your music easily available. Having a full demo/album on BandCamp as well as on YouTube (at least a song or two) is essential. Send out promo copies to be reviewed to anyone you can find, make sure you post on Facebook about each review you get. Talk to people locally, make a name for yourself.

Most importantly, make sure your music is good enough that people want to listen to and talk about it :P

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:10 pm 

Once you've established access points, control your content and be consistent. Layout can make a huge difference. Music coming out of a disorganized page is at an automatic disadvantage, unfortunately. Personally I find facebook's timeline to be hellish.

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:24 pm 

On a note related to what Grave_Wyrm and Zodijackyl have brought up all ready - keep in mind that no matter what website you use, potential listeners, reviewers especially, will come across more music than they could ever listen to. This means that some of the decisions as to what people will listen to can be based on really superficial things like how your logo looks, your name, the cover art and other things that might indicate how much care, time, and attention you put into the music.

Look at this for example, today 7 bands have been added to the Metal Archives as of right now. If I wanted to listen to just 10 minutes of music from each band it would take over an hour. With that in mind you should try to target review websites that may be interested in the kind of music or bands that are like yours.

I saw that your profile says you are into new metal. If you mean recently released stuff then this website has a promotion section, but if you mean the style of metal also known as nu-metal then other avenues would be a better route.

Reply to topic