Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Iron1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:47 am 

Anyone have any experience with a good, yet cheap, gig bag for a Warlock? Do they fit in the standard Strat-style bags or do I need a different type?

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:55 am 

If you have the Warlock guitar rather than the bass, a standard soft case for a bass should fit and would be your cheapest option. Since people use the term gig bag loosely, I should also suggest that if you are actually gigging and moving your guitar around a lot then a hardshell case is the better option usually. I have had good experience with coffin case as a hard shell. My model adds unnecessary length for storing random stuff at the bottom but is pretty durable. It weighs about 18lbs or 9kg, so for anyone that is weaker, has an injury, or other health problem that is also something to consider.

I checked your profile and realize you probably know the obvious stuff all ready, but figured it is good to put out there for all of the lurkers or anyone wondering about cases in the future. Let us know what you end up choosing and if you find a better option. I think a coffin case goes for around $150 retail new these days.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:30 pm 

I used a cheap, generic bass bag for years, they don't fit in standard sized bags. A few folks that I know have done that.

Iron1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:22 am 

Thanks for the input, particularly the bass part. I was looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/Musicians-Gear-De ... d_sim_MI_7

I only need it to transport the Warlock when we move in a few months. If I do gig again, I prolly will stick with my Ibanez, which has a sweet hardshell. The Warlock came from a pawn shop, so no case at all, which is no biggie since it never leaves the house (until we move that is).

And, good info for lurkers, Apteronotus.

tolivetody
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:39 pm 

BC Rich actually makes a gig bag that fits a Warlock and a Bich (or they did, at least). I had purchased it for a Bich, and it did the job perfectly. It was cheap (around $50 in 2002/2003), well-made, and sturdy. The thing could stand on its own and kept its shape on the neck and headstock area, unlike most gig bags on the market. It's not too terribly larger than a standard gig bag, either.

Iron1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:48 am 

tolivetody wrote:
BC Rich actually makes a gig bag that fits a Warlock and a Bich (or they did, at least). I had purchased it for a Bich, and it did the job perfectly. It was cheap (around $50 in 2002/2003), well-made, and sturdy. The thing could stand on its own and kept its shape on the neck and headstock area, unlike most gig bags on the market. It's not too terribly larger than a standard gig bag, either.

I wondered if they did, but haven't been able to find one on the 'net...

Reply to topic