odium88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:15 am 

lol

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:01 am 

Slag wrote:
Meh, even still. Haha But your idea will be so awesome when finally inked up. You're going to definitely going to have to remember to throw it on here.

It'll be fine. It's something that's been in the works for a while now...I'm just being patient about the whole thing.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 pm 

I was thinking of getting a chest-piece of a templar knight and a saracen warrior shaking hands and smiling. Thoughts?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:57 pm 

^ That sounds fucking painful

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:46 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
I was thinking of getting a chest-piece of a templar knight and a saracen warrior shaking hands and smiling. Thoughts?

Would they be tight-lipped smiles or big, toothy grins?

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:23 pm 

I'm considering getting the symbol on the rereleased edition of Solefald's "Neonism," probably on my back/shoulder.

http://www.cmdistro.com/images/xlarge/30298.jpg

It's my favorite album by my favorite band- And the band itself has had a very significant influence on my academic, musical and writing pursuits. It's certainly now very elaborate, but I think there's something elegant in its simplicity.

My only concern: Do you think people would mistake that for a swastika/fascist symbol from a distance?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:00 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
I'm considering getting the symbol on the rereleased edition of Solefald's "Neonism," probably on my back/shoulder.

It's my favorite album by my favorite band- And the band itself has had a very significant influence on my academic, musical and writing pursuits. It's certainly now very elaborate, but I think there's something elegant in its simplicity.

My only concern: Do you think people would mistake that for a swastika/fascist symbol from a distance?

No, but people might ask you why you're so enthusiastic about recycling.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 am 

I think Zodijackyl is right, Gnu. I'd be one of those people. "Dang .. that guy's about sustainability and wants everyone to know that shit." :)

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:21 am 

I plan on getting Morbid Angel's blasphegram symbol on my left arm and the pentagram pendant I wear tattooed around my neck and on my chest. The reason I'm getting the blasphegram on my left arm is to symbolize the left hand path.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 am 

I don't know why I found that so funny.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 am 

It's the word "blasphegram". It's a ridiculous word, but it's what MA called it.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:56 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Smoking_Gnu wrote:

No, but people might ask you why you're so enthusiastic about recycling.

God damnit, and that's the only tattoo I'd ever be interested in too. :lol: Ah well, I think I'll go ahead anyway since it probably won't be seen in public that often.

Aetherial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 am 

You can see all my tattoos here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 551&type=3

:headbang:

felipetacla0
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:45 pm 

Hello. I've never had any tattoo before, and am planning to do it just now (very excited about it), with a howling wolf on my right arm, by a tremendous artist from here where I live. Do any of you have any suggestions, on images that could be used as guidelines and inspirations for the imagery to be evoken by my 'wolf'? I'm thinking about something really wintery, melancholic and "Agallochian", maybe, for the general feel. Moonsorrow too, would be a reference, in a imagetic, immaterial way to the general thing. I'd greatly appreciate all the help - and references - I could get.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:03 pm 

^Not obscure or anything, but maybe Bathory's Nordland covers is to your liking?

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:27 pm 

Jackoroth wrote:

Is this from Tom G's book Only Death Is Real? I've been meaning to get around to picking it up and will definitely have to do so if more of this is in it.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:15 pm 

I'm bumping this because I've decided to get a tattoo and I need some "inspiration" from you guys. I just didn't want to start a new thread when this one was recently updated...

Obviously, I want something "metal". I'm going to just start on one of my upper arms for now because I'm not sure how my current boss would feel about having tattoos exposed at work (I work in landscaping); I'd like to be able to cover up my ink whenever I need to. I'm drawn more to pieces that are done entirely in black ink or have very little other color. There's nothing in particular that I feel the need to "express". I just want something that looks rather raw.

So I guess what I'm trying to get at is whether or not you guys think I've put enough consideration into this to go in and talk to a tattoo artist. I feel like most other people know exactly what they want before they even walk into a tattoo shop. I have a very general idea of the style I like but nothing specific in mind.

EDIT: I'm in the Akron/Canton/Cleveland area if any of you have any suggestions for tattoo artists around here.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:55 am 

Spoiler: show

done yesterday.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 am 

bassistneededlolnot wrote:
I'm bumping this because I've decided to get a tattoo and I need some "inspiration" from you guys. I just didn't want to start a new thread when this one was recently updated...

Obviously, I want something "metal". I'm going to just start on one of my upper arms for now because I'm not sure how my current boss would feel about having tattoos exposed at work (I work in landscaping); I'd like to be able to cover up my ink whenever I need to. I'm drawn more to pieces that are done entirely in black ink or have very little other color. There's nothing in particular that I feel the need to "express". I just want something that looks rather raw.

So I guess what I'm trying to get at is whether or not you guys think I've put enough consideration into this to go in and talk to a tattoo artist. I feel like most other people know exactly what they want before they even walk into a tattoo shop. I have a very general idea of the style I like but nothing specific in mind.

EDIT: I'm in the Akron/Canton/Cleveland area if any of you have any suggestions for tattoo artists around here.
If you're just landscaping, then it shouldn't matter. The usual bias' against tats are going to be either personal (by the boss) or service based (customers).

If you are just copying a design from off the internet then, that is easy to just walk in with. I have one where I had the general idea, so I gave him that, the concept, and some of the flourishes I wanted. However that was all in speech, I let him come up with the design and he blew away what I had in my head. Which is how good tattoo artists should be because I am not an artist. They should be there to help bring your ideas to life, I feel.

Well lacking consideration hasn't stopped people before man. Google stupid/funny tattoos and you'll see. You'll have to live with it for the rest of your life, so it is all on you to decide. As for the design I can't really throw anything at you, based off 'wanting something raw.' lol

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 am 

Are you sure you want a tattoo? If you're sure, then you're ready. If you're not, then you aren't.

You know it's there for the rest of your life, right? Yes? Good. You have to get it right the first time, so make sure you have a good artist. Good work ain't cheap, cheap work ain't good. If you need to wait a year to save up enough money to pay a good artist, it's worth it for the decades it'll be there.

If you're not sure exactly what you want but know you want a tattoo, find an artist whose style you like and ask them to design something - good artists not only put the ink into your skin, they draw up good designs with regard to the way the art form works, and a lot of them are fucking awesome artists in general.

One more piece of advice, if you work in landscaping, don't get tattooed during a season when you'll be doing a lot of dirty work, go for the winter. It's an open wound and you don't want to be around a lot of dirt until it's healed.

Memento Tattoo is Columbus has some top notch artists.

http://www.mementotattooandgallery.com/

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:50 pm 

I knew a guy who literally doodled on himself with a tattoo gun. That's pretty short-range thinking ... There are only so many things you can do with them once they're there (cover them, incorporate them, touch them up ..). It depends on you and what kind of vision you have for yourself in the future. There's always the black bar to redact it. Or the way of Ashur.

Ask your boss. Besides, you should probably keep it out of the sun anyhow. Ask the artist and do care research on the webz. Follow the care instructions, otherwise fail/infection.

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:02 am 

Does anyone know what means the tatto that Jon Nödtveidt had in his face??

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:18 am 

gomorro wrote:

This one?:

Well, there's a pentagram; that's self-explanatory. Not sure about the design beside it.

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:58 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
gomorro wrote:

This one?:
[spoiler]
Well, there's a pentagram; that's self-explanatory. Not sure about the design beside it.

Yeah, the one beside the pentagram... I would like to get it... but not until I get the meaning

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:10 am 

It is probably a Mike Tyson inspired tattoo. Although, the design looks pretty random. Tyson's is anything but random, however, so you might want to look at the meaning behind Tyson's instead?

LanceCriminal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:16 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:

One more piece of advice, if you work in landscaping, don't get tattooed during a season when you'll be doing a lot of dirty work, go for the winter. It's an open wound and you don't want to be around a lot of dirt until it's healed.

It's nothing to worry about unless you're a total idiot about it, I've had to do some crazy shit with fresh ink and all mine healed up fine...you just have to be smart. Keep dirt out of it, clothes over it and keep it lubed up while it's super fresh...strong sunscreen on it after that.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:33 am 

LanceCriminal wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:

It's nothing to worry about unless you're a total idiot about it, I've had to do some crazy shit with fresh ink and all mine healed up fine...you just have to be smart. Keep dirt out of it, clothes over it and keep it lubed up while it's super fresh...strong sunscreen on it after that.

Yeah unless your directly going to rub dirt into it, it should be fine, just keep it covered and keep tattoo ointment on it

lesions
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 pm 

I have so many tattoos i want, but no access to the artists i want to do them.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:34 am 

Anyone else going to the Baltimore Tattoo Convention? I'll be there Saturday (which is technically today, I guess).

plasticpope
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:11 pm 

this is my first tattoo, got it done the other day on my calf while very drunk, still pretty damn happy with it

Disinterested Handjob
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:47 am 

When you start seeing 60 year old women with fresh barbed wire tattoos around their arms you know the trend has gone too far.

http://disinterestedhandjob.bandcamp.com

Baldrs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:39 am 

^ Since when were tattoos age exclusive?

The artist I have been talking too is about in her 70's, and she's one of the best in town. As long as you feel for the tattoo and you genuinely like it and you're proud of it, all of the other crap doesn't matter.

Also, to the guy getting the Morbid Angel Blasphegram, great idea. That thing looks evil!

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:04 am 

So, my wife and I booked Carlos from the Mighty Black Shadows Tattoos a month ago. This guy has made tattoos to many well known extreme metal musicians as you might check his facebook page.

Yesterday she got her tattoo (and I'm getting mine tomorrow); this one is a freehand:

I asked him to make a lovecraftian demon in my arm, which might end to be the whole arm later this year when he comes back. Very funny and nice guy; incredibly fast for tattooing and the quality is simply amazing. So good that I'm planning to cover up with other arm with another tattoo of him later.

(For the Swedish ones interested, Carlos will be here:)

Meconium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:50 am 

Saw this thread when it got bumped. Man, you guys have some amazing and awesome tats!

No tattoos myself; I've been thinking about them for years but just never committed to anything. I might eventually, but right now I'm more interested in piercings and flesh hooks. Maybe once I'm past my flesh hook phase I'll get something to incorporate the scars.

My dad was actually the first person in the family to get tattoos last summer at the age of 62 (got an eagle to commemorate his military service and my name/birthday over his heart). Mom took a while to calm down, though that might have been because he kept it a secret and didn't tell her about it for a couple weeks. So at least if I decide to get inked the precedent has already been set. :lol:

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:24 pm 

This is my latest one, gonna get it turned into a half sleeve in October, I don't think I need to tell anyone where this is from ;)

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:39 pm 

Thinking of getting this as a tattoo: http://www.warrug.com/warrugs/1513/IMG_1281.JPG

The title is "Najibullah VS the Taliban".

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:46 pm 

Going to get this on my right shoulder http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... _eagle.jpg
I don't care if people think it's nazi or white supremacist or whatever. I want this, I won't let other people's ignorance stop me, and besides, it's not like I'm doing it right in my forehead (and that would be pretty fucking awesome)
and then this one on my left shoulder http://i44.tinypic.com/25aop5c.jpg
that's a band, so no worries

they are easy to do, simple designs, and I never expose my shoulders in public, so I think I'm going to be just fine on the "being employable" thing

Last edited by Desperta_Ferro on Mon May 27, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:08 pm 

Getting that "S" I designed for my band on my right forearm.

that's on my left pec mid June

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

baron samedi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:28 pm 

here's my only tat

it took a really long time and was really expensive, so for my next one I've decided to just do an only black outline type, based on this shochu, but instead of the normal label, I would get a haiku by one of my favorite old japanese poets Matsuo Basho

the problem will be finding someone to write the haiku in soushotai (japanese cursive) but the haiku is 野ざらしを心に風のしむ身かな for those of you who read it. I can't write it myself because I have no idea how to go about cursive calligraphy. I might ask the tattoo artist as he's a pretty talented guy, but still I feel like writing in soushotai is kind of a specialty thing I might have to contract some sort of calligrapher to write it like 20 times and I can pick the one I like best.

also I haven't ever drank that shochu so I have to probably order it online and make sure it doesn't suck. Obviously I don't want the tatt BECAUSE of the alcohol connotation, rather I just think the logo looks cool and is pertinent to the haiku, but it would suck to get that tattooed and then find out that the booze with the same logo is awful tasting.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:39 pm 

that flower tattoo is a real cool one!

Will be getting one within a few months, assuming hte missus ok's it. One on my arm: t-rex (from dinosaur comics) highfiving James Hetfield circa '89 while Jesus looks on approvingly. The wife's been delaying it for ages but after a year I'm still super keen on the idea, so it'll happen! I also like the idea of getting some sort of christian socialist tattoo, that'd be real cool but I'm not sure I'm ready for a SUPER SERIOUS design. Maybe when I'm 30.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next