Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:37 am 

Theoretically they were going to release Tau, the first part of the Transylvanian trilogy. But then, the female keyboardist has left the band, and according to what I have seen on MA now Negura Bunget are only Negru and another guy.

It seems that although Negru is a nice guy (this was my first impression when I spoke to him) its difficult to work with him. Hopefully he will find some nice replacements, which is not easy at all, because I really want to listen to Tau.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:33 am 

Wow, I had forgotten all about this band until I saw this thread. I miss the classic incarnation.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:53 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
Theoretically they were going to release Tau, the first part of the Transylvanian trilogy. But then, the female keyboardist has left the band, and according to what I have seen on MA now Negura Bunget are only Negru and another guy.
It seems that although Negru is a nice guy (this was my first impression when I spoke to him) its difficult to work with him. Hopefully he will find some nice replacements, which is not easy at all, because I really want to listen to Tau.

Any source for this info, please?
Edit: Here:
http://www.negurabunget.com/

Quote:
11th February 2013
Negură Bunget moves forward.
The last days have brought some significant changes in the line-up of Negură Bunget. Although it might seem surprising, all these changes offer us no less than the opportunity of a clean new start, one we are embracing full hearted, and are grateful for!
The things within the band evolved lately on some paths that nobody was completely satisfied with, so this reset of the band line-up offers the opportunity to put Negură Bunget again on its destined path, and to the former member the chance to explore opportunities more fit for their ideas and personalities. We wish them nothing but the best on their future endeavors!
We have been moved by the many messages of support we received in these last days, messages that gave us the strength to see what's good from what was wrong, and picture clearly the future path of Negură Bunget. For all of you that have been aside us and supported us, you can rest assure, we will fulfill your trust and we won't stop until we expressed the whole musical and spiritual content that empowers what is Negură Bunget. What night swallows, day does now conceal!
We have been worked intensely on regrouping the band already, and we have already achieved a lot of things. We'll announce more details in the near future. We are still looking for some determinate individuals to complete the line-up of the band. If you feel you have what it takes to be part of Negură Bunget, to create and perform music along us, please contact us on [email protected]. It's not an easy job, but it certainly has its rewards. Negru, Negură Bunget.

7th February 2013
We are sorry to announce that another major chapter in the history of Negură Bunget has ended. Long time member Inia Dinia is no longer part of the band. It was her decision alone to leave Negură Bunget in pursuit of other musical and personal paths and we can't but respect her choice. We thank her for everything she put in the band over the years and hope her musical path will only grow further in the future.
In related context singer Chakravartin is also no longer member of Negură Bunget. Different personal and musical reasons untangled our paths. We wish his good luck as well on their future endeavors! Even more changes within the band are likely to occur as well in the near future.
As things happened a bit unexpected our plans for the immediate future, namely an EP as presentation of the new album, and a Southern European tour in April/May, are hanging in the air for the moment. We will make a decision about everything in the following days.
This is definitely a hard moment for what remains of the band, but what does not kill you only makes you stronger. I hope we'll find within ourselves the wisdom to shape the right path for the future of Negură Bunget. Obviously we are now looking for some dedicate musicians to complete the line-up of the band, so if you feel you have what it takes to be part of Negură Bunget, please get in contact with us by [email protected]. Negru on behalf of Negură Bunget.

30th December 2012
We updates the live section with some date. Some more coming soon!

28th December 2012
Negură Bunget in 2012
2012 was a year with plenty amazing fulfillments for Negură Bunget: the Paganfest in the spring, our very first tour in US and Canada, some summer festival, we then completed the work on the first part of the Transilvanian Trilogy. We achieved all these with you, our audience, along us, and we thank you for that! We are determined to take thing even further in 2013, with the release of the new album, and we hope to reach new places with our gigs. Stay Black!

27th December 2012
We are happy to announce Negură Bunget was voted as Best Romanian Metal Band in 2012, by the readers of Romanian biggest metal portal, http://www.metalhead.ro.

27th August 2012
Negură Bunget - album development
The work on the first part of the Transilvanian Trilogy, entitled Tău is progressing well. We started the pre-production for a while, and we plan to begin recordings in our very own Negura MUSIC studio in September. Naturally we teamed up with long time friend and visual artist Dan Florin Spataru / Encoil MARK for the graphical presentation of the album. As Tău is the very first new full length material we are releasing with Prophecy Productions, you can expect some spectacular productions. On the more complex visual side, the non-narrative movie is also progressing towards a spiritual interpretation of the Transilvanian nature, under the masterful supervision of our friend and multimedia artist Daniel Dorobantu. Finally, for the audio parts we are happy to announce we will team up with Mr. Mihai Neagoe / Mtz for the recording and mixing of the album. After working for years along us and other bands on tours and festivals and completing his master degree on Music and Media Technologies at Trinity College in Dublin / Ireland, he now joins us and Negura MUSIC studios full time.

That seems to confirm my first impression after the split.
Since I saw this interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwIExpQEX9g), I ALWAYS suspected Negru to be, maybe, too much interested in making the band big at ANY cost.
That's just my impression BUT time is confirming that Negru is more and more isolated because of the development he wants for the band.

marktheviktor wrote:
Wow, I had forgotten all about this band until I saw this thread. I miss the classic incarnation.

Yeah! The original band and their work has been amazing and quite refreshing for the black metal scene.
That's a pity!

Last edited by BasqueStorm on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westvargr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 am 

Honestly, I don't give a sh*t about this guy anymore. What he did with the band was absolutely inacceptable. I haven't followed the band since then and did not check out any material they put out. Negură Bunget died in 2009 for me.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:56 pm 

The last album sounded too forced for me. It's like Negru struggled to get the NB vibe/sound and I guess it's just cause the now Dordeduh guys were the main songwriters. It's not like I have much hope for the band and I just tell to myself the band changed name.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:04 pm 

All the members who left are continuing on under a different name. Taken from Inia Dinia's fb page:
Spoiler: show
Dear friends :)

This is an official statement on behalf of the four musicians who recently announced their departure from Negura Bunget: Chakravartin, Inia Dinia, Urzit and Fulmineos.

We hereby announce our plans to continue our musical development...together. Therefore, in development of excellent relationships, we have a new name and a new story: Ysadora.

Ysadora is a name with various representations and roots in many cultures. In this case, it's known in Greek dialects as a representation of rebirth and magical powers. For us, Ysadora is a rebirth, a healing process, a name that will offer us a chance to continue on a path that we chosed independently.

'This road is a new story, in terms of concepts, lyrics and music. We already have plans to record a album by the end of the year with the help of some fellow romanian musicians.'

'Our wish is to release a record based on what we've worked on in the last year, songs that were meant for the Tau album, the first part of The Transilvanian Trilogy. The music belongs to the four members mentioned above and it was a collective decision that we won't allow this album to be released under the name Negura Bunget.'

'The whole concept will be reworked. It's a new musical journey, we already have a headstone in the form of an album that never got the chance to see the light of day. In terms of musical genres, maybe it will be surprising. At the time we have full control and liberty, we intend to make the best out of this new chance. We will readapt, we will rebuild. Our message is simple and honest. It's a journey we wish to take as a whole, a road that will be as honest as it can get..for us and for those who wish to follow our future developments.'

'The are plans for special live appereances in the near future. It is our wish to present this new image, to separate from the past. News regarding the album will follow shortly.'

'We hereby wish to thank each and every one who understood and respected our decision to leave Negura Bunget. We can only hope that this album and journey will become a worthy reward.'

All the best !

Well done Negru for chasing away the band who replaced the last group of guys who got tired of you

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:10 pm 

The Dave Mustaine (with less talent) of pagan metal? That's kinda sad, I hope he'll have some troubles finding new members to work with him.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 pm 

I see this as a good thing, if anything, Negru hires musicians, they get tired of him and create a band better than Negura. Dordeduh's debut was fucking fantastic, Ysadora might be just as good.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 pm 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
All the members who left are continuing on under a different name. Taken from Inia Dinia's fb page:
Well done Negru for chasing away the band who replaced the last group of guys who got tired of you

So... now we have 3 bands?!? Negura Bunget, Dordeduh and Ysadora?

Inia Dinia's FaceBook Page wrote:
We already have plans to record a album by the end of the year with the help of some fellow romanian musicians.

Will this new band get support by members of Dordeduh (maybe, for live shows)?

Holy shit! That's crazy and NOT good AT ALL for Negru!

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 pm 

Martolea > Bucovina > New Negura > Dor De Duh

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:06 pm 

Dordeduh is great, and hopefully Ysadora will be equally impressive. At least new bands are coming out of the demise of Negura Bunget.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm 

all signs point to negru being a pain in the ass to work with. i guess at least he was nice in communication when i bought some shirts off him years ago.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm 

I've had some minimal communication with him over e-mail and seen him in interviews. He comes across friendly enough sure but the way the split went down with the original members tells you all you need to know about him

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:49 am 

This is my impression too, very nice guy at first but to work with him is another thing.

I am sad with this, I was quite sure that Tau was going to be something great as Visterle was(sorry but though I like Dordeduh´s debut I prefer this one).

The good thing is that we can expect another great band and debut but I hope too that Negru will find some good musicians and continue with the Transilvanian Trilogy project, but he needs to change something with his character, and he needs to do it NOW.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 am 

Negru is really good at forming bands that aren't Negura Bunget, isn't he?

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:29 am 

If he releases something as good as Virstele, no problem for me.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:40 pm 

Does this guy compose any of the music himself?

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 pm 

I'll certainly check out the new music from Negura Bunget (if it ever comes), but the post-Om Negura Bunget really doesn't capture what made me fall in love with the band. I think it's pretty obvious that Dordeduh is carrying that torch.

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 am 

693 wrote:
Does this guy compose any of the music himself?

I don't think so, and he's not that great of a drummer either.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:03 am 

ThePoop wrote:
I'll certainly check out the new music from Negura Bunget (if it ever comes), but the post-Om Negura Bunget really doesn't capture what made me fall in love with the band. I think it's pretty obvious that Dordeduh is carrying that torch.

I disagree, both albums are great but OM is superior. I sincerely think that at leat Virstele showed some nice elements which were not a simple repetition of OM.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:25 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
ThePoop wrote:

I disagree, both albums are great but OM is superior. I sincerely think that at leat Virstele showed some nice elements which were not a simple repetition of OM.

Paganbasque, I think ThePoop was comparing (2010) Negură Bunget - Vîrstele Pămîntului with (2012) Dordeduh - Dar de Duh.
I don't think we'll never see again an album like (2006) Negură Bunget - Om from this band (or the other 2) but I don't see any problem with Vîrstele Pămîntului while Dar de Duh did nothing for me.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:41 am 

Yes Basquestorm, but I was only highlighting the fact that, in my opinion, Dordeduh is not carrying the light of the old Negura with its debut, more than the new Negura has done with Virstele.

What is more, though both bands are clearly following the path of the original incarnation of NB, I consider that Virstele both retained the old spirit and, at the same time, introduced a more intense folk touch that it was quite interesting. It sounds more organic.

ThomasBear
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:34 pm 

The next group of musos to leave need to start a project called Negura Bunga Bunga Bunga.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:59 pm 

Paganbasque wrote:
Theoretically they were going to release Tau, the first part of the Transylvanian trilogy.

Some news:
https://www.facebook.com/negurabunget/posts/10152782708064708
http://www.metalhead.ro/stiri/negura_bunget_au_finalizat_noul_album____tau-aid-130396-l-1

Translated with Google:

Quote:
Negura Bunget completed new album - TAU

We are happy to announce that Negura Bunget finished recording, mixing and mastering the album for you.

As the first part of a trilogy of music and related visual Transylvania, TAU is focused on the nature, exploring spectacular places and legends, myths and traditions, opening a window of the background of legendary places.

The album will be released in early 2015 the German label Prophecy Productions. Already in the works are some spectacular limited editions. Until then there will be but a lot of surprises.

This week, Negura Bunget organized with the support label audition premiere of the new album, to be attended by several journalists from the major journals in the world: England Metal Hammer, Rock Hard Germany, Rock Hard France, Terrorizer England, Legacy Germany. Besides the presentation of the album, which will take place just Negura MUSIC studio, they are invited altaturi the band and traveling in some of the realms that were the source of inspiration abumului.

Negura Bunget - Live actitivate

Negura Bunget is in the midst of an extensive tour to promote the new album, which will feature more than 300 concerts, desfasuare over 3 years on 4 continents. The whole activity live band in the near future will be connected with the launch of the new album and will take place on several levels, as follows:
Negura Bunget - previews for the new album - November 2014
Negura Bunget - Romanian and Balkan Tour - March 2015
Negura Bunget - European Tour - April / May 2015
Negura Bunget - Summer Festivals - June / July / August 2015
Negura Bunget - North American Tour - September / October 2015

Promoting merchandise - buy a shirt, get one free
The following days Negura Bunget merchandise carries a special promotion - buy a shirt, get one free. We have several models available in the promotion, and you can have two with only 65 RON. More details can be found on the official facebook fomatiei.

Negura Bunget
Gabriel Mafa / Negru - drums / percussion / cymbal / xylophone / Tulnic
Tibor Kati - vocals / guitar / keyboards
Adrian Neagoe / OQ - guitar / vocals / keyboards
Pete Ionutescu - flute / Tulnic / trumpet / traditional instruments
Ovidiu Corodan - bass
Matthew Ionutescu - flute / Tulnic / traditional instruments
Vartan Garabedian - percussion / vocals
Daniel Dorobantu - visual design
Michael Neagoe / MTZ - sound design
Dan F. Spataru - Graphic Design

Negura Bunget
P.O. BOX 8-1136, 300334, Timisoara, ROMANIA

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:43 pm 

Does anybody know what happened (or not) to Ysadora?

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:49 pm 

Ah man, they start the BOGO-shirt offer right after the shirt I ordered a few months ago comes in. And it was entirely the wrong shirt, but the image was still cool enough that I didn't really feel like going through the hassle of a cross-country return order.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:30 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Paganbasque wrote:
Theoretically they were going to release Tau, the first part of the Transylvanian trilogy.

Some news:
https://www.facebook.com/negurabunget/posts/10152782708064708
http://www.metalhead.ro/stiri/negura_bunget_au_finalizat_noul_album____tau-aid-130396-l-1

Thanks Basquestorm, a very anticipated album for me, so finally it will be released next year, I must start saving money for the special editions hahaha :D

I hope they post a new song soon!

swebarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:06 am 

I kinda lost interest in this band when found Huppogrammos (spelling?) left....

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:38 am 

Next year can't come soon enough. When Virstele Pamintului was released, I was a little apprehensive because of Hupogrammos and Sol Faur's departure, but one listen allayed my fears.
I do wish the new one contains more Black Metal though

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:00 pm 

kluseba wrote:
Does anybody know what happened (or not) to Ysadora?

Apparently they're now know as Dara and are nearing completion of their first record.

https://www.facebook.com/daraproject

Reply to topic