Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BabaYaga666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:11 pm 

I had it in mind to review Mortiis' 'Secrets of My Kingdom', a book, which in fact did come packaged with one of his albums ('The Stargate'). Can this be added to the encylopaedia as a work in its own right? Or are such releases forbidden? In this case, it does seems indelibly linked with the music, and whilst I can clearly see the argument for not including every novel, poem, essay or even magazine column produced by an otherwise metal musican, could this example be considered? Or ought I to have read through the site rules more thoroughly?...

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:05 am 

The example you brough up; no. That's not a stand-alone release, it only came very limited with The Stargate. That means, roughly said, that it was to be considered a 'gadget' or a 'limited packaging' for The Stargate.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:45 am 

I forgot to add: You can of course make a review of The Stargate including the book, with emphasis on the book. I don't see any problem with that as long as you also review the music and very important (in this case) how the music and the book connects.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:49 am 

Helvede wrote:
The example you brough up; no. That's not a stand-alone release, it only came very limited with The Stargate. That means, roughly said, that it was to be considered a 'gadget' or a 'limited packaging' for The Stargate.

This, for the reasons outlined. But even if the band published a book separately we wouldn't include it in the -wait for it- discography. That stuff's for the additional notes.

Reply to topic