Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Maxumus Death
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 pm 

so...how bout it? lets discuss it, what are your thoughts on the latest Goatwhore releases of this decade?

NOTE:this is my first post, try to bare with me

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:30 pm 

You should offer your thoughts on them ;)

Carving was a really good album, a lot of good riffs and it seemed to flow from a thrashy start to a slower, groovy/doomy group of songs. They just about nailed what they do best here, some memorable songs with good hooks, and a good feeling/atmosphere on the whole album that shined on the slower tracksk.

Blood was similar, but it lacked the memorable hooks. The guitar tone was a bit thicker, it was a bit darker, but it just didn't stick. I enjoyed listening to it but it hasn't been one that I've gone back to as much.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:27 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:

Carving was a really good album, a lot of good riffs and it seemed to flow from a thrashy start to a slower, groovy/doomy group of songs. They just about nailed what they do best here, some memorable songs with good hooks, and a good feeling/atmosphere on the whole album that shined on the slower tracksk.

Blood was similar, but it lacked the memorable hooks. The guitar tone was a bit thicker, it was a bit darker, but it just didn't stick. I enjoyed listening to it but it hasn't been one that I've gone back to as much.

really? I enjoyed it just as much if not more than COtEoG. The songs Judgement of This Bleeding Crown and Beyond the Spell of Discontent are among their best material imho.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:55 pm 

Blood For The Master was a very good album start to finish. Sound was fantastic and they duplicated it live in a very effective way. I'm not a big black metal fan, though this album 'did it' for me. Very good album and some cool guitar riffs and tone going on. The chord-work enjoyable.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:56 pm 

I honestly have only listened to maybe a couple songs from both records combined, and one of them is only because my band's singer was a main feature of the music video for it. It's not that I don't like Goatwhore, because I do. I just haven't willed up enough of a fuck to listen to either album.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Maxumus Death
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:

Carving did stand out as well refined as it could of be than Haunting, starting of with the dominant Thrash element, continueng the similar concept adding in the memorible catchy Black Metal riffs along with Death Metal blast beats; combined gave it a more dark-haunting feel for a Black Metal theme; that can mostly be heard from the album titled track or In Legions, I Am Wars Of Wrath, the lyrics were brutal, aggressive, and just straight forward; simple, and very creative (for evil-satanic lyrics that is), with brutalality and fast tempos, most of all the songs mostly consisted of ben's mid-low shrieks and low pitched growls, which was part of having pretty consistant vibe for the album's reputation, and that seemed more better.

Blood I couldn't listen to as much from having to deal with finding an online music sight where I could listen to full albums for free, anyways, I only choose 4 songs to suite my needs and got abit of satisfaction with the album so far, but the debutWhen Steel And Bone Meetwasn't much of a "debut", the riffs had too much groove and was technically 2 mins, but some of the other tracks had some atmophere besides that one, but it wasn't as atmospherics as Carving was.

Reply to topic